Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 45043 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1800 on: September 09, 2023, 05:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I agree that All Out just looked like it could have been one of the Dynamite Supercard shows, or even if they put it on TNT on a Sunday night it could have been fine. I wasn't trying to pay $50 for it, although I did want to spend the money just so AEW didn't think people weren't buying because CM Punk was gone.

Looking forward to Swerve v. Hangman. Prince Nana is growing on me.

Roderick Strong putting the neck brace back on after his match was pretty funny.
[close]

Yeah swerve and hanger are two of the best talents they have and way more deserving of the spotlight than Punk and his vanity belt. Let those be the dudes who carry your shows, that's what got people hyped on them in the first place. That and MJF vs Joe would have both been very high on my list if I was given control of the toybox so needless to say I'm stoked to see how this plays out.

To put on my fantasy booker hat for a moment I think the money would be in a double turn of MJF and Cole (Cole betrays MJF which sends him completely over the edge and back to his evil heel ways, but Cole doesnt win the belt), then have Hangman be the one who steps up to stop the bloodshed and get the belt back. Imagine his handsome ass riding into the stadium on a white horse to save the day with his awesome morricone-esque theme blasting... dudes the ultimate Babyface.

I watched a little bit of Victory Road last night and it was...mixed. I haven't really watched TNA/impact/global force etc since the Perc Angle days so i didn't know what to expect...it's kinda like a step above an Indy but not white what it used to be. The wrestling was ok but the production was a bit low budget... the themes sound like someone made them on their phone and the ring was mic'ed in a way that you could clearly hear them calling spots.

The main reason I watched it was for the Black Taurus match though...ever since Flairs last match I can't get enough of that dude. Possibly the coolest luchador I've seen since La Parka. Short arm snap power slams are such a sick move. Too bad they had him against Crazy Steve who is one of those shitty unoriginal gimmicks that they've been so fond of over the years (looking at you rellik).

Expand Quote
Got my ticket for a grand slam. Those tickets are ridiculously cheap, I paid $30 for what would’ve been an over $200 US open seat.
[close]

Nice. Have they announced anything other than Jericho vs Guevara (please let Jericho go over) and the stupid eliminator tourney final that's almost certainly going to be Samoa Joe vs MJF?

Those are the only two matches I know will be on the card. I’m sure we’ll see Swerve Vs Hangman.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #1801 on: September 09, 2023, 05:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I agree that All Out just looked like it could have been one of the Dynamite Supercard shows, or even if they put it on TNT on a Sunday night it could have been fine. I wasn't trying to pay $50 for it, although I did want to spend the money just so AEW didn't think people weren't buying because CM Punk was gone.

Roderick Strong putting the neck brace back on after his match was pretty funny.
[close]

Yeah swerve and hanger are two of the best talents they have and way more deserving of the spotlight than Punk and his vanity belt. Let those be the dudes who carry your shows, that's what got people hyped on them in the first place. That and MJF vs Joe would have both been very high on my list if I was given control of the toybox so needless to say I'm stoked to see how this plays out.

To put on my fantasy booker hat for a moment I think the money would be in a double turn of MJF and Cole (Cole betrays MJF which sends him completely over the edge and back to his evil heel ways, but Cole doesnt win the belt), then have Hangman be the one who steps up to stop the bloodshed and get the belt back. Imagine his handsome ass riding into the stadium on a white horse to save the day with his awesome morricone-esque theme blasting... dudes the ultimate Babyface.

I watched a little bit of Victory Road last night and it was...mixed. I haven't really watched TNA/impact/global force etc since the Perc Angle days so i didn't know what to expect...it's kinda like a step above an Indy but not white what it used to be. The wrestling was ok but the production was a bit low budget... the themes sound like someone made them on their phone and the ring was mic'ed in a way that you could clearly hear them calling spots.

The main reason I watched it was for the Black Taurus match though...ever since Flairs last match I can't get enough of that dude. Possibly the coolest luchador I've seen since La Parka. Short arm snap power slams are such a sick move. Too bad they had him against Crazy Steve who is one of those shitty unoriginal gimmicks that they've been so fond of over the years (looking at you rellik).

Expand Quote
Got my ticket for a grand slam. Those tickets are ridiculously cheap, I paid $30 for what would’ve been an over $200 US open seat.
[close]

Nice. Have they announced anything other than Jericho vs Guevara (please let Jericho go over) and the stupid eliminator tourney final that's almost certainly going to be Samoa Joe vs MJF?
[close]

Those are the only two matches I know will be on the card. I’m sure we’ll see Swerve Vs Hangman.

Yeah they just got off back to back PPVs.  I’m thinking this card will need a moment to build.   

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1802 on: September 09, 2023, 06:40:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah they just got off back to back PPVs.  I’m thinking this card will need a moment to build.   

Eddie vs Claudio / title vs title     

Eddie def going over in NY

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1803 on: September 09, 2023, 08:06:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Eddie vs Claudio / title vs title     

Eddie def going over in NY

Bryan Danielson is finally wrestling Zach Sabre Jr

But at WrestleDream (I guess they punted the dream match to be in BD’s hometown)

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #1804 on: September 09, 2023, 09:02:09 PM »
Just got back from a live event at the Mall Of America in Minnesota. El Hijo del Vikingo was in the main event - that guy is incredible. Erick Rowan also wrestled and there was a short Bray Wyatt tribute after his match. All in all, a great event.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1805 on: September 10, 2023, 05:14:12 PM »
GUNTHER MAKING HISTORY AS THE LONGEST REIGNING INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION IN HISTORY!

I will say I am a fan of the Honkey Tonk Man & met him as a kid......but history needed to change.

As far as AEW, I again tried watching it & stopped after Jade Cargill returned. Just no interest & no point. I guess Mox will just be bleeding more as now he has a belt & will probably be wrestling every week now... Curious to see if Edge somehow goes over to AEW even though I should know better. Even if he did, I do not think it would matter. Maybe it would give Christian something better to do other than have this strange relationship with Luchasaurus.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1806 on: September 10, 2023, 05:53:01 PM »
GUNTHER MAKING HISTORY AS THE LONGEST REIGNING INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION IN HISTORY!

I will say I am a fan of the Honkey Tonk Man & met him as a kid......but history needed to change.

As far as AEW, I again tried watching it & stopped after Jade Cargill returned. Just no interest & no point. I guess Mox will just be bleeding more as now he has a belt & will probably be wrestling every week now... Curious to see if Edge somehow goes over to AEW even though I should know better. Even if he did, I do not think it would matter. Maybe it would give Christian something better to do other than have this strange relationship with Luchasaurus.

Was Mox not wrestling every week before?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1807 on: September 11, 2023, 02:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was Mox not wrestling every week before?

No. He may have done some promos but he wasn’t always on. And when he was, he was figuring out what tool or kitchen utensil to use on someone with out build up or storyline.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 10:28:11 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1808 on: September 12, 2023, 07:12:50 PM »
NXT with a solid showing!

Becky Lynch is the new Women's Champ which I am stoked on although I will say I was legitimately surprised as I thought Stratton was going to hang on for quite sometime.
Ilja Dragunov is the No 1 Contender for the NXT Championship & hopefully beats Carmello Hayes at No Mercy
Solid performance from Tyler Bate & Axiom
Breaker & Corbin feud looking good.

All of this to say well done NXT/WWE & AEW could not touch this tonight if they tried.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #1809 on: September 12, 2023, 10:14:08 PM »
I'm surprised Becky won, I figured they were going to use this match to put over Tiffany, since they've been showing her more and more in the crowd on the main shows.

Dragunov is my favorite of the newer NXT guys. Stoked to see him continue to be pushed.

And I didn't know until tonight that the Creed Brothers weren never planned to go to the main roster after they "left" NXT, that it was just a storyline thing. Too bad, because I love those guys. Maybe it's for the better, since they haven't done shit with any of the other recent tag teams from NXT. Chance & Carter and Dawn & Fyre were both pretty over in NXT and after 1-2 matches on the main roster where they were squashed, they haven't been on TV since.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1810 on: September 12, 2023, 10:47:43 PM »
Wwe rehired Nia Jax for godsakes

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1811 on: September 13, 2023, 01:15:09 AM »
Doc series on current OVW just dropped on Netflix.   “The Wrestlers”.  No clue on its quality

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #1812 on: September 13, 2023, 02:03:39 AM »
Just got back from a live event at the Mall Of America in Minnesota. El Hijo del Vikingo was in the main event - that guy is incredible. Erick Rowan also wrestled and there was a short Bray Wyatt tribute after his match. All in all, a great event.

Rowan is one of those guys that just screams old school Minnesota wrassler to me. He's a throwback to the road warriors and nord the barbarian types...just big beefy Scandinavian powerhouses. Always liked that dude and thought he got a raw deal...sent him out on his own with an awful gimmick then blamed him when it didn't work and future endeavor'ed him. I don't know why AEW hasn't signed him, he got a good reaction when he showed up before and there's the Brodie link so there's a bunch of stories you could do there. Plus he's pretty good in the ring and they still don't really have many big guys who can work a full singles match.

Vikingo is good too... It's not my favorite kind of wrestling but as far as flippy guys go he's one of the best doing it right now. I'm sure live it's absolutely insane to see him do his thing. I'd say amongst AEW's current crop of luchadors he'd be my #4 behind lucha bros and bandido. I like him better than Komander or gravity.

I don't really follow NXT and I don't watch much WWE in general but I'm with you on the creed boys. When I see them on I'll stop and watch the match. They're kind of a modern version of the Briscos mixed with the steiners which makes sense since I think they were scouted by Gerry. I know people like to talk Julius up as a future singles star because of his look but I actually like Brutus better. He's got that sawed off powerhouse build and style like Taz but does a lot of creative Kanyon-esque shit too. Its weird because they're not original in any way but still feel fresh and unique. For my money they're way more of an actual throwback tag team than FTR.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1813 on: September 13, 2023, 03:17:51 AM »
I'm surprised Becky won, I figured they were going to use this match to put over Tiffany, since they've been showing her more and more in the crowd on the main shows.

Dragunov is my favorite of the newer NXT guys. Stoked to see him continue to be pushed.

And I didn't know until tonight that the Creed Brothers weren never planned to go to the main roster after they "left" NXT, that it was just a storyline thing. Too bad, because I love those guys. Maybe it's for the better, since they haven't done shit with any of the other recent tag teams from NXT. Chance & Carter and Dawn & Fyre were both pretty over in NXT and after 1-2 matches on the main roster where they were squashed, they haven't been on TV since.

I think Becky is going to be a stepping stone for Lyra & maybe Tiffany as I cannot imagine this is the end.
As far as Dragunov, I really hope this is his moment either to win & become champ as Carmelo has not delivered in my opinion OR he gets a call up & dethrones Gunther as the story is there between those two…..

NXT is on fire. Great stuff. I will say I wish the Heritage Cup storyline is a tad boring & it doesn’t feel like a championship (I know the history….) but that’s my only complaint which is fine….

Axiom could grow on me.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1814 on: September 13, 2023, 03:54:58 PM »
Dammmmmmn RAW got absolutely pumped in the ratings by MNF. I know that always happens but this was an extreme case. Apparently the worst rated live episode ever, only 1.3 mil viewers. I think dynamite has been in that ballpark a few times when it was hot, although it's pretty much leveled off at the 800-900k mark for a while now.

Also the actual attendance (from the local govts turnstile count) came out for all in - 72,265. Still a crazy number and more than I predicted but not quite the 81k number that will Ospreay got tattooed on himself (lol). I think WWE overstated the mania in Texas a few years ago even worse... they announced over 100k but the actual number was around 80ish.

Dynamite looks pretty good tonight, I might tune in. Hangman vs Brian Cage, Samoa Joe vs Roddy Strong, and Mox vs Big Bill which is one of the only ways you could get me excited to watch a Moxley match. There's also a woman's 4 way but Britt is in it so we'll see at least one sloppy sequence or blown spot.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1815 on: September 13, 2023, 04:40:48 PM »
Royal Rumble in Tampa Bay. I may try to go to that one too.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1816 on: September 15, 2023, 12:11:51 AM »
If you believe the dirt sheets HHH just scooped Jade out from under Tony's well powdered nose...that could be interesting. She's going to step up massively working with better talent like Asuka and Becky or she's going to get exposed when they put her with Rhea and Bianca and other women who can match her physically. I'm not sure which.

I kinda wonder if they won't put her on NXT or something. They could always go for Vince's favorite - make her look like shit on purpose so it looks like everyone from their competition is at a lower level.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1817 on: September 15, 2023, 04:15:02 AM »
If you believe the dirt sheets HHH just scooped Jade out from under Tony's well powdered nose...that could be interesting. She's going to step up massively working with better talent like Asuka and Becky or she's going to get exposed when they put her with Rhea and Bianca and other women who can match her physically. I'm not sure which.

I kinda wonder if they won't put her on NXT or something. They could always go for Vince's favorite - make her look like shit on purpose so it looks like everyone from their competition is at a lower level.

She’s supposedly going to NXT…I mean she did her thing in AEW and apparently she had a great match with Statlander on Rampage tonight but booking someone post streak is always a tough one. 

I’m not too worried about her being exposed.   Most NXT women are iffy and main roster just brought back Nia Jax

Also, now that the merger has happened, prepare for Fed to do some roster lay offs

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1818 on: September 15, 2023, 04:33:11 AM »

I live in Tampa! Might have to do a PALS Royal Rumble meetup!

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1819 on: September 15, 2023, 06:37:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I live in Tampa! Might have to do a PALS Royal Rumble meetup!

That would be sick.

What better way to do my 2nd Royal Rumble than before I go to Wrestlemania?

I’ve also been friending for some West Tampa Sandwich Shop Cubanos.

I’ll probably be down in Clearwater in the spring a lot more too.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1820 on: September 15, 2023, 10:22:50 PM »
Was watching a Terry Funk shoot with corny and he told the craziest fucking story I've ever heard. Now we all know how many headshots he took and some of his stories are a little...off...like the one about a child Billy Bob Thornton jacking off a dog. This one sounded so fucking insane I assumed it was the same...then I googled it.

Holy shit. The way Terry told it, when he got her outside he made it to the car and body slammed her on the hood before being arrested. He didn't mention the kid though.

It's so old that we can't really beg Busey for dark side on it but that has to be the absolute craziest story involving a wrestler I have ever heard. They talked about Dr. Jerry Graham not being a gimmick and being actually insane and it reminded me of something that I just know for some reason....Vince McMahon's favorite wrestler as a kid was Dr. Jerry Graham.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1821 on: September 16, 2023, 08:58:23 AM »
Cody - I'm not leaving until I FINISH THE ST......

Rock - IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU FINISH THE STORY!!!!!!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1822 on: September 17, 2023, 12:31:14 AM »

I'll believe it when I see it. Rockys 50+, hasn't had a real match in a decade, and has been abusing steroids hard for the better part of the last 20 years. I imagine he'd rip several muscles just rolling into the ring, much like other old juiceheads have done, let alone taking an actual bump. It happened last time when he was still somewhat in shape, so I can't see him magically being able to do it now 10 years older and probably 30+ pounds heavier.

My moneys on them using him as someone's manager and maybe doing a spot or something.

Collision was rough. The opening match was good - Big Bill looks more like a main eventer every time I see him and hes the first big man I've seen in a while who can work 10 minutes at a small man's pace and not even be breathing heavy. He looked like he was in better shape than Cesaro somehow. The ending sequence of the main event was good. Everything in between was terrible.

The walmart Wyatt family - I legit can't remember what theyre called, the something - are trying WAY too hard to be weird (but not in the fun campy way) and the crowd shit on them for it. Oh and production somehow left the countdown in on a Keith Lee promo segment. The rest of the matches were awful or stupid booking (feeding iron savages to FTR in a glorified squash as soon as they start to get over a little) to the point I don't even want to talk about them. It was pretty miserable. One of the worst AEW shows I've watched in a long time.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1823 on: September 17, 2023, 02:10:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'll believe it when I see it. Rockys 50+, hasn't had a real match in a decade, and has been abusing steroids hard for the better part of the last 20 years. I imagine he'd rip several muscles just rolling into the ring, much like other old juiceheads have done, let alone taking an actual bump. It happened last time when he was still somewhat in shape, so I can't see him magically being able to do it now 10 years older and probably 30+ pounds heavier.

My moneys on them using him as someone's manager and maybe doing a spot or something.

Collision was rough. The opening match was good - Big Bill looks more like a main eventer every time I see him and hes the first big man I've seen in a while who can work 10 minutes at a small man's pace and not even be breathing heavy. He looked like he was in better shape than Cesaro somehow. The ending sequence of the main event was good. Everything in between was terrible.

The walmart Wyatt family - I legit can't remember what theyre called, the something - are trying WAY too hard to be weird (but not in the fun campy way) and the crowd shit on them for it. Oh and production somehow left the countdown in on a Keith Lee promo segment. The rest of the matches were awful or stupid booking (feeding iron savages to FTR in a glorified squash as soon as they start to get over a little) to the point I don't even want to talk about them. It was pretty miserable. One of the worst AEW shows I've watched in a long time.

The Kingdom?   It’s funny you call them that because they were supposed to be brought over to be apart of the Wyatt 6

Collision seems interesting next week.   Andrade vs Jay White has great potential

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1824 on: September 17, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Seriously had the remote in my hand for Collision, thought about it, just about to go for it then my wife politely asked if she could watch one of her shows. Sounds like she saved me.

AEW is a sinking ship……..

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1825 on: September 17, 2023, 06:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The Kingdom?   It’s funny you call them that because they were supposed to be brought over to be apart of the Wyatt 6

Collision seems interesting next week.   Andrade vs Jay White has great potential

The kingdom...ahh....all I could think of was The Boredom. Ba-dum-tiss!

Yeah, strong high school theater class vibes from those dudes... "hey guys look how CRAZY and SPOOKY I am...I keep fake laughing and opening my eyes wide and sticking my tongue out! I must be nuts!"

I'm definitely down for Jay vs Andrade, that was one of the positives from the show. Especially after they put my boy with Scorpio this week...that dude needs to find his way to the bottom of the ROH roster real fast because he was able to somehow make me bored watching one of my favorite wrestlers. I don't think even swerve or MJF could make him interesting. The experiment is over, it didn't work, move on.

I kinda want beefcake Boulder to be their Otis style breakout star but I'm worried Tony won't see the potential and will just keep him as a tag team job guy. Ideally I'd like to see them repackage him into a more serious gimmick, maybe rebuild the dork order as an actual threat like they originally were and have him be the muscle or something. I'd have him just watch a bunch of tapes of Vader in AJPW and young Brock and learn how to work as a monster. Knowing TK he'll do it right for like 3 weeks and then get bored and feed him to OC on rampage though.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1826 on: September 17, 2023, 07:18:41 PM »
The Kurt Angle Documentary on Peacock is worth the watch. Been a fan of Angle since his debut which for me says something because I was hell, 10...? & I remember just thinking this guy is great, mostly because he was kayfabe delusional to think the Attitude era would embrace the three I's. Also rules that he basically was the answer to the Patriot, Del Wilkes.

Anyway, give it a watch. Kurt will always be on my Rushmore. Easily my favorite pro wrestler of all time. Plus, he's from Pittsburgh where the late great Bruno was from. Oh its true!

RUSHMORE: Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Bret Hart & Gunther (for all of his matches & pure style)

RUSHMORE FOR MY GRANDFATHER WHO GOT ME INTO THIS (A MAN OF PURE HONOR):
Iron Sheik, Ernie Ladd, Chris Benoit, Ivan Putski & Freddie Blassie

Sorry for the rant. Just on a major wrestling kick (never not) & coming off of a really fun skate session where I got a compliment which never happens...

On an AEW note, why the hell can't they push Miro more? I'd be up for that. And while I'm at it, can we end the BCC since Regal is gone, Claudio is the the only European (Swiss Cyborg) & shake things up. Claudio by himself would be grand. I want to like AEW, probably to a fault, but it is just not there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 03:42:04 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1827 on: September 18, 2023, 06:18:53 PM »
They actually are pushing Miro...they just brought CJ (as his "hot and flexible" wife) in for the storyline. He's in a program with Powerhouse Hobbs and it's just getting going but has been good so far. They definitely wasted him for a long time, but I'm hoping he's going to be a focal point for collision going forward. I don't have a lot of faith in TK booking, but it should be hard to fuck it up given how good both guys are and the fact CJ is actually a fantastic promo (loved her as Lana), plus collision seems to do more pre-tapes than live promos which is where they really shine.

Kurt is from the other end of Pittsburgh from me. He's kind of a local celebrity but interestingly his family is somewhat notorious for being kind of stereotypical violent trashy yinzers. Eric (the one that WWF used as a body double) got caught selling roids and got thrown out of a youth wrestling tournament after chokeslamming an 8 year old - I wish I was making that up. I cant remember if he got arrested for that one but he might have. Kurts older brother killed his wife by dragging her off the couch and standing on her chest while pulling on her arms and caved in her chest. Again, wish I was making this up. Iirc Kurts sister died of a heroin overdose as well. When Kurt talks about his demons, a lot of people don't realize how deep they run... I suppose they're kind of like the Pittsburgh Harts in a way.

Pittsburgh doesn't have the best wrestling tradition aside from Bruno and Kurt haha. We can also claim Shane Douglas, Corey Graves, Britt Baker, Rob Conway, and Elias but I'm not sure why anyone would want to.

Oh I guess there's Denucci too...Foley tells some pretty great stories about training with him in his first book. He's always been really good about showing love to us when he comes here because of that and the fact hes forever linked with the city because of Hell in a Cell 98.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1828 on: September 18, 2023, 06:46:01 PM »
They actually are pushing Miro...they just brought CJ (as his "hot and flexible" wife) in for the storyline. He's in a program with Powerhouse Hobbs and it's just getting going but has been good so far. They definitely wasted him for a long time, but I'm hoping he's going to be a focal point for collision going forward. I don't have a lot of faith in TK booking, but it should be hard to fuck it up given how good both guys are and the fact CJ is actually a fantastic promo (loved her as Lana), plus collision seems to do more pre-tapes than live promos which is where they really shine.

Kurt is from the other end of Pittsburgh from me. He's kind of a local celebrity but interestingly his family is somewhat notorious for being kind of stereotypical violent trashy yinzers. Eric (the one that WWF used as a body double) got caught selling roids and got thrown out of a youth wrestling tournament after chokeslamming an 8 year old - I wish I was making that up. I cant remember if he got arrested for that one but he might have. Kurts older brother killed his wife by dragging her off the couch and standing on her chest while pulling on her arms and caved in her chest. Again, wish I was making this up. Iirc Kurts sister died of a heroin overdose as well. When Kurt talks about his demons, a lot of people don't realize how deep they run... I suppose they're kind of like the Pittsburgh Harts in a way.

Pittsburgh doesn't have the best wrestling tradition aside from Bruno and Kurt haha. We can also claim Shane Douglas, Corey Graves, Britt Baker, Rob Conway, and Elias but I'm not sure why anyone would want to.

Oh I guess there's Denucci too...Foley tells some pretty great stories about training with him in his first book. He's always been really good about showing love to us when he comes here because of that and the fact hes forever linked with the city because of Hell in a Cell 98.

I’d like to add Foxcatcher into PA wrestling tradition.  Angle was there

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1829 on: September 18, 2023, 07:18:16 PM »

Knew about Angle’s one brother as it’s sad. I thought his brother Eric was actually in federal prison as of lately but I’m not up to date on that.

I knew about the Hobbs & Miro feud but I thought it was kind of done already. I know of Lana returning (RUSEV!!!) but is that going anywhere?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 07:24:05 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »