Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 45039 times)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2040 on: January 24, 2024, 07:42:59 AM »
Anyone justifying Okada in NXT needs to put the Crack pipe down. It would be like the Dodgers sending Ohtani to play in AAA to make a name for himself in the organization when he's already the best baseball player in the world.
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #2041 on: January 24, 2024, 08:41:17 AM »
Anyone justifying Okada in NXT needs to put the Crack pipe down. It would be like the Dodgers sending Ohtani to play in AAA to make a name for himself in the organization when he's already the best baseball player in the world.

Crack is wack. Sounds like you like instant gratification & “forbidden door” nonsense.

WPG

« Reply #2042 on: January 24, 2024, 11:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crack is wack. Sounds like you like instant gratification & “forbidden door” nonsense.

It is nonsense to put him in the development territory It is very clear you just want to dunk on AEW in a conversation about Okada, instead of giving actual reasons for why WWE should be putting him on their C show.
Muska, Chillin Chillin

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2043 on: January 24, 2024, 11:18:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It is nonsense to put him in the development territory It is very clear you just want to dunk on AEW in a conversation about Okada, instead of giving actual reasons for why WWE should be putting him on their C show.

It’s not a C show. It’s a high end developmental show that does well week in & week out. And for PPV’s, some of them are better than the general ones. Okada would be new to WWE & can just benefit from doing in ring work with those are also getting their reigns in how things are done. It’s not just strong style in WWE. Yes, he’s been all over but there is 100% a formula. Furthermore, he can EASILY dominate there, get a title, & elevate himself. NXT although a developmental program regularly beats AEW & would elevate Okada to a larger wrestling base that may be touch & go.

Matt Cardona can go to AEW & have circus matches were they celebrate Texas Chainsaw massacre. Let the Indy God go for that. Okada would hopefully not want to be a part of that.

I wish Takeshita would wrestle for WWE….

WPG

« Reply #2044 on: January 24, 2024, 11:54:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s not a C show. It’s a high end developmental show that does well week in & week out. And for PPV’s, some of them are better than the general ones. Okada would be new to WWE & can just benefit from doing in ring work with those are also getting their reigns in how things are done. It’s not just strong style in WWE. Yes, he’s been all over but there is 100% a formula. Furthermore, he can EASILY dominate there, get a title, & elevate himself. NXT although a developmental program regularly beats AEW & would elevate Okada to a larger wrestling base that may be touch & go.

Matt Cardona can go to AEW & have circus matches were they celebrate Texas Chainsaw massacre. Let the Indy God go for that. Okada would hopefully not want to be a part of that.

I said it's their C show as in the WWE which I don't see how you could argue otherwise. I guess it would elevate his name to people who watch NXT but don't follow non-WWE one bit (if such person exists). I think Okada can look at Shinsuke as an example of how far elevating his name his name in NXT will get him in the world title picture and may not be excited by it.

I hope Okada ends up wherever he wants and is used well. its crazy once again you can't post in this thread without mentioning AEW for some reason. the WWE dickriding is crazy, they'll get along fine without their white knight defending them on the skateboard messageboards
Muska, Chillin Chillin

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2045 on: January 24, 2024, 01:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I said it's their C show as in the WWE which I don't see how you could argue otherwise. I guess it would elevate his name to people who watch NXT but don't follow non-WWE one bit (if such person exists). I think Okada can look at Shinsuke as an example of how far elevating his name his name in NXT will get him in the world title picture and may not be excited by it.

I hope Okada ends up wherever he wants and is used well. its crazy once again you can't post in this thread without mentioning AEW for some reason. the WWE dickriding is crazy, they'll get along fine without their white knight defending them on the skateboard messageboards

Oh my friend, there’s no riding of sorts. You see, I like AEW. As a matter of fact, I own several of their products as I’m a collector. I think AEW can be something. I think there is talent. I think it’s a nice alternative. What I am (actually) stating amidst the white glare that blinds you from my apparent knighthood is that Okada wouldn’t be maximized there & would fall victim to some really poor booking & can be elevated properly in WWE. AEW just is not there. Thats all. Comparisons are not always stiff & final.

Are you excited for Dynamite tonight?

I am.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 09:20:17 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

getonkrooked

• Rep: -104
« Reply #2046 on: January 24, 2024, 03:54:57 PM »
A random post, but thought there is no better thread to ask.

Has anyone seen a clip of Hulk Hogan saying “Hell Yeah Brother”?

When you google him that seems to be the associated catchphrase, its on memes, all over the place. Even if you look for “hell yeah” it’s a ton of Hulk Hogan stuff.

However we were looking through youtube and a few other platforms for hours yesterday, but couldn’t find a single soundbite/clip from the man saying it. Do you know of one?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2048 on: January 25, 2024, 10:36:28 AM »
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2024/01/25/vince-mcmahon-slapped-with-trafficking-lawsuit-from-former-wwe-employee/

Just awful.
It really adds credence to the rumor that he had Stephanie sleep with Macho Man when she was 16/17. Brock being implicated too is very unexpected, and also makes you wonder if this is why Beaverfaced Kevin Dunn dipped so quickly

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

WPG

« Reply #2050 on: January 26, 2024, 05:20:09 AM »
https://www.ringsidenews.com/2024/01/25/vince-mcmahons-netflix-documentary-promises-to-give-an-unfiltered-look/

This should be good.

I didn't realize Vince wasn't involved with the documentary anymore.

I hadn't considered this until i saw it on twitter, do you think anyone else was getting the "Brock Lesnar treatment"? I am assuming after reading Vince's insane texts it's not his first time, were Undertaker and Cena getting down with the old man? it's a shame that it happened, but hopefully there will be justice for the victim and it will stop horseshit like that from happening in the future.
Muska, Chillin Chillin

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #2051 on: January 26, 2024, 05:31:00 AM »

I hadn't considered this until i saw it on twitter, do you think anyone else was getting the "Brock Lesnar treatment"? I am assuming after reading Vince's insane texts it's not his first time, were Undertaker and Cena getting down with the old man? it's a shame that it happened, but hopefully there will be justice for the victim and it will stop horseshit like that from happening in the future.

I can see this doc getting shut down or not including the new stuff.   It’s waaaaayyy too fucked up and new and considering Netflix is now set to air Raw, I don’t think they’ll really want this association.  VKM isn’t really affiliated with the Fed anymore, but most people still associate the two

There are def others than Brock.   The article I saw said “other stars” and the only guy I can really think of likely is Cena considering he was the top guy, goes out of his way to defend Vince even after the shady stuff came out, and I saw his weird rules he gave that Bella twin on the Divas show, so he def has issues

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2052 on: January 26, 2024, 06:52:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can see this doc getting shut down or not including the new stuff.   It’s waaaaayyy too fucked up and new and considering Netflix is now set to air Raw, I don’t think they’ll really want this association.  VKM isn’t really affiliated with the Fed anymore, but most people still associate the two

There are def others than Brock.   The article I saw said “other stars” and the only guy I can really think of likely is Cena considering he was the top guy, goes out of his way to defend Vince even after the shady stuff came out, and I saw his weird rules he gave that Bella twin on the Divas show, so he def has issues

Kudos to you for sitting through Total Divas. I couldn’t do it.

I’m sure this is really awkward for anyone related to John Laurinaitis. Lol.

This has to be why Kevin Dunn bounced.

I feel like Jim Cornette or at least someone on the Chris Van Vliet podcast has the opportunity to go Kat Williams on WWE.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2053 on: January 26, 2024, 07:00:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Kudos to you for sitting through Total Divas. I couldn’t do it.

I’m sure this is really awkward for anyone related to John Laurinaitis. Lol.

This has to be why Kevin Dunn bounced.

I feel like Jim Cornette or at least someone on the Chris Van Vliet podcast has the opportunity to go Kat Williams on WWE.

Never sat through total divas just saw the insane clip. 

I think Kevin Dunn just bounced bc he knew everyone hated him and he had no protection left - this was just an added bonus

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2054 on: January 28, 2024, 10:17:04 AM »
Good rumble last night. Some odd entries in terms of number 30 such as Sami Zayne & Liv Morgan but a great showing, namely in the women’s as Tiffany Stratton was a strong competitor & continues to be a dominant force. Jade Cargill was decent so I’m curious to her moving forward. Looked a tad stiff in the ring but that’s just an observation. Bron Breakker continues to be a wrestler that I want more of as he had four huge eliminations including Omos. Hoping him & Gunther having exchanges means Bron is ready to head to Raw & dethrone him so Gunther can go onto the World Heavyweight Championship.

Cody winning? Not upset, just curious how this will play out. Feels like this time he really earned it & maybe can finish the story.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2055 on: January 28, 2024, 10:43:46 AM »
The Pat McAfee - Michael Cole - Corey Graves trifecta is the best thing to happen to wrestling commentary.

I popped at Pat McAfee, dropping the Jadakiss line during the fatal four way.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2056 on: January 28, 2024, 02:33:19 PM »
Haven’t watched wrestling in a while but the ending of Fatal Fourway match felt super rushed and anticlimactic for me, like it came out of nowhere.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2057 on: January 28, 2024, 03:42:04 PM »
Haven’t watched wrestling in a while but the ending of Fatal Fourway match felt super rushed and anticlimactic for me, like it came out of nowhere.

It ended abruptly & was kind of boring until Orton had Reigns & Solo entered. Solo going full speed into the barricade was absolutely wild.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2058 on: January 28, 2024, 03:43:15 PM »
The Pat McAfee - Michael Cole - Corey Graves trifecta is the best thing to happen to wrestling commentary.

I’ll never understand the McAfee hype. Sort of wish he got thrown out of the ring back onto/through the announce table by Omos.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2059 on: January 29, 2024, 03:51:52 PM »
Appears Punks streak of tearing his tricep at PPvS has continued and he’s out til June.   Hopefully he can behave long enough to make it to next years WM

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2060 on: January 29, 2024, 04:38:41 PM »
Appears Punks streak of tearing his tricep at PPvS has continued and he’s out til June.   Hopefully he can behave long enough to make it to next years WM
It’s time for dude to hang it up. This is what, his 3rd injury in 2 or 3 years? He came back to main event Mania and in his first match back gets injured and misses Mania. It’s a wrap. Also how funny (not actually funny) that the two from AEW to jump become injured in the first year.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2061 on: January 29, 2024, 07:13:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It’s time for dude to hang it up. This is what, his 3rd injury in 2 or 3 years? He came back to main event Mania and in his first match back gets injured and misses Mania. It’s a wrap. Also how funny (not actually funny) that the two from AEW to jump become injured in the first year.

Always wonder how AEW might have turned out if he could actually capitalize on his title wins

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2062 on: January 29, 2024, 07:47:28 PM »
Punk did not look good in the rumble as he looked like he was struggling. Not surprised he ended up hurt. Very solid promo tonight with Rollins & Rhodes as Rollins is telling Rhodes to come for him at Mania since the World Heavyweight championship is the top one which reminds me of when Triple H got it in Evolution & it really felt like that was the main belt anyone paid attention to. Seth Rollins continues to be a gift to the WWE.

Heel Drew finally cut a good promo saying he prayed for Punk to get injured & God listened. Loved it. Happy to see him not stumble on the mic and say he’ll “kick some ass”.

Speaking of poor promos, BBC man…they need to write actual promos….them just saying I’ll kick this guys ass, come get beat up….come on. Especially Claudio. He can do so much better. Andrade back. Should be good & Buddy Matthews & Malakai are indefinitely headed back to WWE which is perfect. I’m ready.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2063 on: January 29, 2024, 08:46:56 PM »
Matthews id be a little surprised about bc they never did anything with him to begin with.   

Malakai I kinda can see going back.   Alistair Black was one of my favorites in NXT but he’s kinda had a stank tude like Andrade in AEW like they weren’t doing them a massive service by keeping them employed when the Fed cut them

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2064 on: January 29, 2024, 09:18:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ll never understand the McAfee hype. Sort of wish he got thrown out of the ring back onto/through the announce table by Omos.

A Walter chop would’ve been funnier.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2065 on: January 30, 2024, 06:58:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

THIS

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2066 on: January 30, 2024, 07:54:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THIS

I actually think his entry in the royal rumble was the Brock Lesnar replacement audible they had to call.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2067 on: January 31, 2024, 06:40:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THIS
[close]

I actually think his entry in the royal rumble was the Brock Lesnar replacement audible they had to call.

It was confirmed to be Bron Breakker earlier today

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2068 on: January 31, 2024, 04:11:43 PM »
It was Bron, who had a stellar performance. Love Bron. I’m patiently waiting for him to take over on Smackdown.

As for Buddy & Malakai, they’ll be fine with Judgement Day & Final Testament (Kross’s new stable). It’ll be nice to see them working with great writers & not doing comical promos with grill lighters….

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2069 on: January 31, 2024, 04:13:24 PM »
It was Bron, who had a stellar performance. Love Bron. I’m patiently waiting for him to take over on Smackdown.

As for Buddy & Malakai, they’ll be fine with Judgement Day & Final Testament (Kross’s new stable). It’ll be nice to see them working with great writers & not doing comical promos with grill lighters….