Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 46797 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2070 on: January 31, 2024, 04:08:54 PM »
It was Bron, who had a stellar performance. Love Bron. I’m patiently waiting for him to take over on Smackdown.

As for Buddy & Malakai, they’ll be fine with Judgement Day & Final Testament (Kross’s new stable). It’ll be nice to see them working with great writers & not doing comical promos with grill lighters….

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2071 on: January 31, 2024, 04:10:18 PM »
It was Bron, who had a stellar performance. Love Bron. I’m patiently waiting for him to take over on Smackdown.

As for Buddy & Malakai, they’ll be fine with Judgement Day & Final Testament (Kross’s new stable). It’ll be nice to see them working with great writers & not doing comical promos with grill lighters….

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2072 on: January 31, 2024, 04:08:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Pat McAfee - Michael Cole - Corey Graves trifecta is the best thing to happen to wrestling commentary.

I popped at Pat McAfee, dropping the Jadakiss line during the fatal four way.
[close]

I’ll never understand the McAfee hype. Sort of wish he got thrown out of the ring back onto/through the announce table by Omos.
[close]

A Walter chop would’ve been funnier.
[close]

THIS
[close]

I actually think his entry in the royal rumble was the Brock Lesnar replacement audible they had to call.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2073 on: January 31, 2024, 04:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Pat McAfee - Michael Cole - Corey Graves trifecta is the best thing to happen to wrestling commentary.

[close]

I’ll never understand the McAfee hype. Sort of wish he got thrown out of the ring back onto/through the announce table by Omos.
[close]

[close]

THIS
[close]

I actually think his entry in the royal rumble was the Brock Lesnar replacement audible they had to call.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #2074 on: January 31, 2024, 05:12:46 PM »
Pretty sure Malachi is 100% behind his corny promos.   Check his “lore” talk around the end of his Fed run.   

Buddy’s ceiling is higher in AeW than Fed.   He’s not going to automatically get a rocket strapped to him.    He peaked as 205live champ in their eyes which is why they let him go.   

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2075 on: January 31, 2024, 06:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THIS
[close]

[close]

It was confirmed to be Bron Breakker earlier today

Even better. I loved Scott Steiner’s singles run. Hope Bron can channel his uncle’s attitude even more.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2076 on: January 31, 2024, 07:11:11 PM »
Are they seriously not going to tell us the names of the CMLL trio vs BCC? I seriously thought that the one guy without a mask was Daddy Magic Matt Menard so I was very confused when he came out to save Moxley. Even at the end of the show they just said trios match vs guys from CMLL at least let fans know who on the off chance they want to google a match or two.

I really want to see Matt Menard manage a team of luchadors now tho
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2077 on: January 31, 2024, 07:14:01 PM »
Are they seriously not going to tell us the names of the CMLL trio vs BCC? I seriously thought that the one guy without a mask was Daddy Magic Matt Menard so I was very confused when he came out to save Moxley. Even at the end of the show they just said trios match vs guys from CMLL at least let fans know who on the off chance they want to google a match or two.

Volador Jr., Mistico, Hechicero & Mascara Dorada??

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2078 on: January 31, 2024, 08:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Volador Jr., Mistico, Hechicero & Mascara Dorada??

Thank you. I should say I did enjoy Dynamite, one of the better episodes recently, I was just being nit-picky and it may have just been me not paying attention
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #2079 on: February 01, 2024, 02:56:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THIS
[close]

[close]

It was confirmed to be Bron Breakker earlier today
[close]

Even better. I loved Scott Steiner’s singles run. Hope Bron can channel his uncle’s attitude even more.

Peak Steiner.

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2080 on: February 01, 2024, 03:43:20 AM »
Freakzilla run. I’m here for it.

The best is when Bron comes out with that Dog mask & the crowd is barking. It’s such a good entrance.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 06:41:19 PM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2081 on: February 01, 2024, 04:14:20 AM »
Freakzills run. I’m here for it.

The best is when Bron comes out with that Dog mask & the crowd is barking. It’s such a good entrance.

But the powers that be called him Breaker, not Steiner.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2082 on: February 01, 2024, 06:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Freakzills run. I’m here for it.

[close]

But the powers that be called him Breaker, not Steiner.

Who cares. Breaker is fine. It works well without being silly. He could easily do a name change like Butch did as he is back to Pete Dunne. Easy. They might keep it though after Rick was super transphobic at an event so they may try & distance the name although it’s obvious he’s a Steiner.

AEW last night?!

Not too bad. RVD & Swerve? 8 out of 10 as RVD was 10000% high & looked a tad unsure but pulled it off. Also loved that he did his “I’m Rob Van Dam” taunt back to back to back to back. I was laughing.

The undisputed kingdom is awful and looks like JNCO met the NWO with their logo. Adam Cole continues to look like a soaked rodent & honestly it’s just a circus of a stable. Next week, definitely looking forward to seeing Takeshita in action.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2083 on: February 02, 2024, 07:39:47 PM »
The Rock VS Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 40 confirmed.

Pretty wild it’s happening.

Happy to see Tiffany Stratton debut on Smackdown. A little botch on her moonsault but a good match & the crowd was behind her.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2084 on: February 02, 2024, 08:45:22 PM »
The Rock VS Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 40 confirmed.

Pretty wild it’s happening.

Happy to see Tiffany Stratton debut on Smackdown. A little botch on her moonsault but a good match & the crowd was behind her.

They really fucked up with Cody.   Could have ended it last year (but I hear Vince stepped in).   Roman vs The Rock does not need a title at stake.   I hate “finish the story” and how pushed down everyone’s throat it is and now they have to pretend him capturing this year old belt is the same.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2085 on: February 03, 2024, 09:16:53 AM »
It makes sense. They have to put him through everything to win it, which he will. He will beat Rollins then beat Reigns later, possibly unifying them. Last year, as much as I wanted it, it would have been beyond predictable & nowhere near as special. From a wrestling standpoint, I don’t really care to see The Rock wrestle but if it’s ever going to happen, WM 40 is the place.

There could also be a chance Cody takes it an Elimination Chamber as at this point, it’s wide road of options. With or without a title, Reigns & The Rock will smash ratings.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #2086 on: February 03, 2024, 01:06:25 PM »
It makes sense. They have to put him through everything to win it, which he will. He will beat Rollins then beat Reigns later, possibly unifying them. Last year, as much as I wanted it, it would have been beyond predictable & nowhere near as special. From a wrestling standpoint, I don’t really care to see The Rock wrestle but if it’s ever going to happen, WM 40 is the place.

There could also be a chance Cody takes it an Elimination Chamber as at this point, it’s wide road of options. With or without a title, Reigns & The Rock will smash ratings.
He’s already fought his way back to the top. He shouldn’t have to continue to prove his worth, he won the Rumble back to back.

I get that Punk was the scheduled winner until he got injured and they called the audible with Cody but why not call the audible and have Gunther win? That leaves Roman open. Gunther could have won, lost the IC title some way, beat Rollins (which would give Rollins time to rest because dude needs it) then Gunther can feud with whoever.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2087 on: February 03, 2024, 04:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
He’s already fought his way back to the top. He shouldn’t have to continue to prove his worth, he won the Rumble back to back.

I get that Punk was the scheduled winner until he got injured and they called the audible with Cody but why not call the audible and have Gunther win? That leaves Roman open. Gunther could have won, lost the IC title some way, beat Rollins (which would give Rollins time to rest because dude needs it) then Gunther can feud with whoever.

I think Gunther is next in line. Unsure as to how with the Cody story. Again, I was simply saying putting Cody through everything, including these missteps (kayfabe to some extent) make him a stronger face. It’s wild as everyone wanted the Rock VS Reigns & now, everyone is upset. I was never a fan of that but again, now it’s real & it’s getting backlash.

I could also see Cody winning the Heavyweight championship & eventually the the Universal championship which is supposedly being renamed the WWE championship again. Then it’d go back to 1 title and this would allow Cody to “take everything” from Reigns as per his promo.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2088 on: February 03, 2024, 04:05:32 PM »
Pretty sure Malachi is 100% behind his corny promos.   Check his “lore” talk around the end of his Fed run.   

Buddy’s ceiling is higher in AeW than Fed.   He’s not going to automatically get a rocket strapped to him.    He peaked as 205live champ in their eyes which is why they let him go.

I’m fine with the content, I’m just saying they could be done better. A WWE writer could help with that….

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2089 on: February 03, 2024, 04:48:38 PM »
Granted it’s sort of a new time in WWE, but I really struggle seeing them make Walter be the top guy in the company.   He’ll hold the 2nd heavyweight title, but he does not strike me as bankable in the way the Fed likes their top guy, the kind of guy who will go out and do press and shill.   Would like to be wrong

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2090 on: February 03, 2024, 06:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think Gunther is next in line. Unsure as to how with the Cody story. Again, I was simply saying putting Cody through everything, including these missteps (kayfabe to some extent) make him a stronger face. It’s wild as everyone wanted the Rock VS Reigns & now, everyone is upset. I was never a fan of that but again, now it’s real & it’s getting backlash.

I could also see Cody winning the Heavyweight championship & eventually the the Universal championship which is supposedly being renamed the WWE championship again. Then it’d go back to 1 title and this would allow Cody to “take everything” from Reigns as per his promo.

Gauging by the internet, you might be only person who isn’t pissed by this.   Cody finishing the story is going to be him in polka dots

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2091 on: February 03, 2024, 06:18:01 PM »
Not at all. I’m certainly not pissed, a tad disappointed, but I’m not surprised, just as I wouldn’t have been surprised if he won at WM. I truly think they are building Cody as high as can be for a face. And in that, there’s these setbacks. Again, it’s just my view on it. Cody should know as he said it himself; it’s a business. Again, people wanted this, they got it, and I’m truly thinking it’s a small piece of the story.

Watching collision right now; it’s visibly empty & as I’m watching it, I can hear people side talking & just pure silence while matches are going down. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2092 on: February 03, 2024, 09:36:27 PM »
What I’ve seen of Bounty Hunter Brian Keith at PWG I’ve liked.  Cool grab for AeW

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2093 on: February 04, 2024, 12:57:24 PM »
Granted it’s sort of a new time in WWE, but I really struggle seeing them make Walter be the top guy in the company.   He’ll hold the 2nd heavyweight title, but he does not strike me as bankable in the way the Fed likes their top guy, the kind of guy who will go out and do press and shill.   Would like to be wrong

You will be wrong. He is already there. He’s even getting cheered too. He’s talented in the ring, already great promo skills & anyone he goes against looks good doing & it elevates them.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2094 on: February 04, 2024, 02:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You will be wrong. He is already there. He’s even getting cheered too. He’s talented in the ring, already great promo skills & anyone he goes against looks good doing & it elevates them.

I think he’s a star and is great, but remember when they wouldn’t pull the trigger on Braun at his hottest and the long list of legendary wrestlers that never held the belt bc they existed to be fed to their Top Guy.    Cody is THAT guy next.     

**I don’t think he won’t get strapped up, he’ll just never be the guy and any reign he has will be as meaningful as Drew dethroning Lesnar.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2095 on: February 04, 2024, 03:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think he’s a star and is great, but remember when they wouldn’t pull the trigger on Braun at his hottest and the long list of legendary wrestlers that never held the belt bc they existed to be fed to their Top Guy.    Cody is THAT guy next.     

**I don’t think he won’t get strapped up, he’ll just never be the guy and any reign he has will be as meaningful as Drew dethroning Lesnar.

I couldn’t disagree more. Gunther/Walter is different. He has a strong style/modern wrestling style & is just a perfect heel. There really hasn’t been anyone like him in a long time. Again, his promos are good, he never came in as this “new guy” like Drew did w/a Vince push (Theory had this too & he’s hardly on tv, getting matches, etc)

Gunther also makes every match interesting as he can sell himself to his opponents. I think he embodies that classic wrestling people want without it being a gimmick. There’s an art to it & he is on top. Same with Seth. He’s a perfect mix between Shawn Michaels & Bret Hart. Timeless. Gunther, WWE could make him a heel against ANYONE & it’ll be great. Him cutting promos on how previous champs weren’t on his level is amazing & just makes that level of being drawn in so much more. It fires everyone up. I also think European wrestling is just on another level hence why I forever wish WWE did more with Claudio/Cesaro. Now I will say while Drew is European, he just cannot cut it. His look, poor mic skills, etc. Him as a heel now will be his best bet. Speaking of Europeans, Finn deserved a push. I digress. Gunther at mania needs to happen & I wish it was against Rollins.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 04:37:07 PM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2096 on: February 04, 2024, 04:40:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As far as Braun, never a fan. Hate his new look, tag team nonsense. Boring. He also looks like a CrossFit new age kook. WWE should have been put in a Kaneesque gimmick, probably with a mask. When he comes back, I hope he is on a different tip.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2097 on: February 04, 2024, 04:46:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

As far as Braun, never a fan. Hate his new look, tag team nonsense. Boring. He also looks like a CrossFit new age kook. WWE should have been put in a Kaneesque gimmick, probably with a mask. When he comes back, I hope he is on a different tip.

I don’t care for him much either, but there was a time he was the best thing and most over person in the company.    Lifting ambulances and doing shit like that and he would have made sense to beat Brock, but they chose him to be the kind of guy who wins a tag team title with a 10 year old boy. 

I just don’t see post Reigns them going to another heel champion after he’s held them for like 3 years.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2098 on: February 04, 2024, 07:35:27 PM »
Dragunov retains. Match with Trick Williams was great. Trick reminds me of a better Booker T.

Melo heel turn! I’m stoked on this. I think he will be a better heel than baby face. Something always felt off with that.

NXT pay per views continue to be top notch.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2099 on: February 04, 2024, 10:24:25 PM »
Can we at least agree that shoe-horning in Cody into a triple threat like he’s Daniel Bryan is terrible move?