Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread  (Read 45113 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2130 on: February 27, 2024, 06:30:11 PM »
Gable promo talking about why he needs to go against Gunther at Wrestlemania! It would be such a great match as their RAW match was PPV quality & they’re my favorites at this point in time. It’d be a win either way regardless of the outcome of the match. Plus, Gable is today's Kurt Angle as far as in ring competition & more importantly that awkward silliness that makes him more over.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #2131 on: March 03, 2024, 12:31:05 AM »
Crazy week of losses, one day after another: 
RIP:
Ole Anderson
Virgil
Butcher Vachon

On a positive side - Dark Side of the Ring starts this week with the Natural Disasters and there's some pretty great footage on their IG of Haku seeing the Shockmaster for the very first time.   

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2132 on: March 04, 2024, 06:58:03 AM »
Revolution was decent, nothing incredible.

Sting gets to go out with a win, that's pretty cool. Darby doesn't seem interested in walking past the age of 35.
I wish the stream didn't cut off so quickly after the match though.

I liked them having Roddy go over Orange clean.

The other fuck finishes can save it. I understand that heels cheat but some clean wins are important to a reign as well. Especially at the PPV.

Triple threat match was pretty blah with a flat finish.

I'm glad BCC found a way to make the Claudio swing a legit tag finisher with the missile dropkick added to it.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2133 on: March 04, 2024, 07:50:40 PM »
Eddie Kingston beating Danielson is just terrible booking. There’s no long term goal here. Who’s going to dethrone this idiot now? Believably I should say since Danielson has beat Okada & others but not Kingston?!

Gunther vs Gable at mania will hopefully be official after next week when he wins the gauntlet match, although they may give it to Sami which wouldn’t be the worse but Gable VS Gunther is just a classic in the making.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #2134 on: March 05, 2024, 11:33:44 AM »
Agree with you 100% on Eddie and Danielson.

Danielson is universally accepted as one of the best to ever do it and he loses to that guy?????

I'm always down for an underdog / blue collar hero but it has to end somewhere. My only hang up is that he is incredibly over with the crowd and a lot of peoples complaints about WWE is not listening to fans when certain wrestlers are incredibly popular. So although Khan is probably giving the people what they want, the people are just wrong on this one.

My problems with AEW right now is lack of great stories, and the sheer number of title belts that are featured in the company. Everyone is a champion from somewhere. It's almost as if AEW is just a wrestling variety show, featuring global talent from many different places. A secondary belt for the women is not necessary. How is there a faction with two different sets of 6-man title holders? Silly.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2135 on: March 05, 2024, 12:58:19 PM »

Danielson is universally accepted as one of the best to ever do it and he loses to that guy?????

I'm always down for an underdog / blue collar hero but it has to end somewhere. My only hang up is that he is incredibly over with the crowd and a lot of peoples complaints about WWE is not listening to fans when certain wrestlers are incredibly popular. So although Khan is probably giving the people what they want, the people are just wrong on this one.

My problems with AEW right now is lack of great stories, and the sheer number of title belts that are featured in the company. Everyone is a champion from somewhere. It's almost as if AEW is just a wrestling variety show, featuring global talent from many different places. A secondary belt for the women is not necessary. How is there a faction with two different sets of 6-man title holders? Silly.

Nothing wrong with a show that features great wrestlers from around the world.   But it does seem like they’re about to start a new season post-PPV, so hopefully the belts get sorted that way.  Okada might appear this week

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2136 on: March 05, 2024, 06:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nothing wrong with a show that features great wrestlers from around the world.   But it does seem like they’re about to start a new season post-PPV, so hopefully the belts get sorted that way.  Okada might appear this week

Even if you have great wrestlers, arguably some of the greatest, a poor platform only makes them shine in a subpar, cheap fashion & leaves you wondering why they are there. Take Copeland. His performance & lackluster is certainly due to poor writers or lack of & causing him to resort to saying “fuck you” on TV & calling Starks a “midget vanilla Rock”. Great stuff!

I was recently reading that AEW really has not invested in long term story lines which is beyond evident. Maybe they have 1 or 2 going on at best, then the rest of the night is just wildcard central with some promotion having a residency in AEW & will be featured for the next month.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2137 on: March 06, 2024, 04:31:56 AM »
Oh & then they have a creative spine & the BCC, which still references Regal who is long gone comes out dressed as the Road awarriors. Tony Khan-“Revolution was the best ppv ever”.

Should I be sold? Jay White is in the Acclaimed? Top notch superstar? Come on.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2138 on: March 06, 2024, 06:11:25 PM »
Okada debuted tonight as part of the Elite & sent after Kingston. You think Kingston will go over Okada? Come on! It’s AEW! This could happen….

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2139 on: March 06, 2024, 09:06:37 PM »
Okada debuted tonight as part of the Elite & sent after Kingston. You think Kingston will go over Okada? Come on! It’s AEW! This could happen….

Could be worse, he could be debuting in NXT as Yoshi St James
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:13:25 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2140 on: March 07, 2024, 06:36:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So him being the Japanese version of Cody Rhodes is better?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2141 on: March 07, 2024, 09:11:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hahaha, spot on with the name. They’d Kerwin White him for sure.

I think HHH has more reverence for Japanese wrestlers vs VKM.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2142 on: March 07, 2024, 09:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hahaha, spot on with the name. They’d Kerwin White him for sure.

I think HHH has more reverence for Japanese wrestlers vs VKM.

Female Japanese wrestlers most definitely.   But I think the male Japanese wrestlers don’t have an outsized enough personality/gimmick either for him or the promotion, which is why Nakamura is the exception.   I think HHH could work with Naito well

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2143 on: March 09, 2024, 07:58:33 PM »
Dynasty is already shaping up to be killer:

Okada vs PAC
Danielson vs Osprey

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2144 on: March 10, 2024, 05:25:25 PM »
Last night HOB vs Briscoe, Lethal & JJ was great UNTIL the table being set on fire. They had a really great match then I swear the carnival alarm goes off & a senseless idea occurs where someone gets hurt I.e Black & Matthew’s visibly pushing Mark Briscoe off the table because he’s getting burned……

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #2145 on: March 11, 2024, 09:37:53 PM »

On a positive side - Dark Side of the Ring starts this week with the Natural Disasters and there's some pretty great footage on their IG of Haku seeing the Shockmaster for the very first time.

I suspect they'll do an episode on Haku as well.  I remember seeing John Tenta in our local territory and he wasn't very impressive, he learned pretty quickly and that's WWF for you, big dudes and some mid gimmicks....worked though. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2146 on: March 11, 2024, 10:26:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I suspect they'll do an episode on Haku as well.  I remember seeing John Tenta in our local territory and he wasn't very impressive, he learned pretty quickly and that's WWF for you, big dudes and some mid gimmicks....worked though.

Did Haku have a dark side story?   I know he bit a dude’s nose off and got sued, but I don’t know much about him other than that

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #2147 on: March 12, 2024, 03:58:59 AM »
Not sure if Haku has a Dark Side, he is still alive and seems to be doing OK.

I do know that if you listen to shoot interviews from dudes of that era, they pretty much unanimously agree that Haku was the one person in the locker room no one wanted to fight for real. He was a legitimate tough guy that could really do some damage, like biting off a nose for example.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2148 on: March 12, 2024, 05:47:50 AM »
Not sure if Haku has a Dark Side, he is still alive and seems to be doing OK.

I do know that if you listen to shoot interviews from dudes of that era, they pretty much unanimously agree that Haku was the one person in the locker room no one wanted to fight for real. He was a legitimate tough guy that could really do some damage, like biting off a nose for example.

He and the main bad guy from Bloodsport are inprinted in my head as the most unfuckwithable guys from my childhood.   

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #2149 on: March 12, 2024, 02:40:42 PM »
they haven't done one, but they tend to use the same people commenting within each season....he's wrestling's Bolo.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2150 on: March 12, 2024, 04:24:20 PM »
they haven't done one, but they tend to use the same people commenting within each season....he's wrestling's Bolo.....

Maybe used for the Harley Race ep.   Don’t know of him being that close to Angle, Bagwell, Gordy

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2151 on: March 12, 2024, 06:43:11 PM »
Excited for Angle & Gordy.

Flair often commented on Haku being the most intimidating in the locker room. I remember him as a kid too & just seeing him as Meng w/ the barbarian & being shocked.

Wonder if Mone will be debuting tomorrow.

Zayne VS Gunther at Wrestlemania; a tad upset Gable lost but I have a feeling he will end up in the event & it’ll be a triple threat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 07:37:44 PM by Mr. Kamikazi »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2152 on: March 12, 2024, 06:43:50 PM »
Watching NXT now & seeing Shawn Spears first match back.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2153 on: March 12, 2024, 08:18:08 PM »
Excited for Angle & Gordy.

Flair often commented on Haku being the most intimidating in the locker room. I remember him as a kid too & just seeing him as Meng w/ the barbarian & being shocked.

Wonder if Mone will be debuting tomorrow.

Zayne VS Gunther at Wrestlemania; a tad upset Gable lost but I have a feeling he will end up in the event & it’ll be a triple threat.

Yeah triple threat would make more sense bc it gets the belt off of Gunther without him needing to eat a pin.   

After delivering on CM Punk back when they seemed an impossibility (not to mention giving Sting a career), if Mercedes doesn’t debut, I’ll be shocked

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2154 on: March 13, 2024, 07:01:58 AM »
Gable would be a great IC champ. Gunther is next in line for the Heavyweight Championship.

Still want a Finn Balor run though.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2155 on: March 13, 2024, 09:03:47 AM »
I’m loving Karrion Kross’s Sean O’Haire throwback character.

Really hoping he foreshadowed the Montez Ford HBK heel turn in that one backstage promo he cut.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2156 on: March 13, 2024, 06:16:14 PM »
I’m loving Karrion Kross’s Sean O’Haire throwback character.

Really hoping he foreshadowed the Montez Ford HBK heel turn in that one backstage promo he cut.

That’d be great because right now the Street Profits/the Pride is a lost cause. Street Prophets put on a ripper during Summer Slam 2022 against the Usos; they lost but the momentum was there & the fans were behind it. After that, all momentum just disappeared.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2157 on: March 13, 2024, 07:08:52 PM »
Well next week will be an indicator of how Okada will be treated as he goes again at Kingston for the Triple Crown Championship.

Dynamite was great tonight. Here’s to hoping AEW can keep it going.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2158 on: March 13, 2024, 11:28:00 PM »
Now that VKm is gone, has the Fed stopped making people look like goons in their hometowns for cheap heat?   bc watching Mones receptions reminds you how much better that pure face love gets.    Nothing I love more in wrestling is that pure pop from the crowd

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2159 on: March 14, 2024, 10:04:32 AM »
Mone is beyond overhyped. Even as Sasha Banks, nothing she did was overly impressive. As far as the hometown thing, that’s been long gone @Atiba Applebum but it sounds like you don’t watch it nor have for awhile so yes, that’s not a thing nor has it been for awhile.

Very happy to see Okada wrestling weekly. That can potentially be a treat.