Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 133723 times)

AsianVegan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #780 on: December 08, 2021, 05:44:53 AM »
For real - that setup is gross.
Really show those 159's off on a 7.75" with shopping cart castor wheels.

EOABL

• Rep: 3
« Reply #781 on: December 08, 2021, 12:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote

Lastly, noticed the inverted kingpin seems to occasionally loosen itself very slightly. Not majorly, and not a problem if you just keep a tool on you. Wonder how this would play out in the long run. They're already sending me some replacements so maybe it was an unlucky batch. But also have never skated inverted kingpins before (besides some diy ones a while back that didn't work very well) so not sure if this is expected behaviour.
[close]

I just noticed this happening to mine as well, especially my front truck. Are they sending you new kingpins or nuts or both? I also noticed my pivot cup on the same truck is much looser around the hangar.

Mine are doing the same thing, one more than the other. DMed them and they're sending new nuts.  Until then, the advice was to take the kingpin out, wipe off any excess oil and switch out the nut for one of the wheel nuts until the new ones arrive. Sounds like it's a common problem but it seems like they're on top of it.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #782 on: December 08, 2021, 12:06:09 PM »
I'm getting new kingpins, I dont know about nuts. When I emailed them I was only emailing about one of the kingpins being too small for a tool to adjust, not the loosening. Its not too big a deal for me since I'm adjusting my trucks pretty frequently so can stay on top of it.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #783 on: December 08, 2021, 03:17:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Lastly, noticed the inverted kingpin seems to occasionally loosen itself very slightly. Not majorly, and not a problem if you just keep a tool on you. Wonder how this would play out in the long run. They're already sending me some replacements so maybe it was an unlucky batch. But also have never skated inverted kingpins before (besides some diy ones a while back that didn't work very well) so not sure if this is expected behaviour.
[close]

I just noticed this happening to mine as well, especially my front truck. Are they sending you new kingpins or nuts or both? I also noticed my pivot cup on the same truck is much looser around the hangar.

I've skated a few different types of inverted kingpin trucks and this happened on all of them, i kind of assumed it was an inherent downside to the IKP. i'll tighten them a little before a sesh and noticed they only loosened to a certain point though, they don't fall apart or anything. Hopefully the Lurpivs are the same in that regard and nobody gets bodied cus their hangar falls off mid trick.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #784 on: December 08, 2021, 08:06:24 PM »
loosening king pin people might want to paint pen a line on the king pin & washer, witness mark.

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #785 on: December 08, 2021, 08:20:30 PM »
loosening king pin people might want to paint pen a line on the king pin & washer, witness mark.

you would have to remove the truck every time you wanted to check though...?

ish_wav

• Rep: 93
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #786 on: December 08, 2021, 08:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure he meant the top of the kingpin? bud.

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #787 on: December 08, 2021, 08:51:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pretty sure he meant the top of the kingpin? bud.

yeah after thinking about it for a bit I definitely misunderstood what was being said. Worth a shot I suppose.

I have noticed that my axle nuts tend to tighten and loosen on their own. But I also don't have any issues with the nylock popping out like some people are saying. I did throw in some washers on the inside of the hangers to push the wheels out a little bit, so the nut sits flush with the end of the axle. Could just be tightening and loosening from landing primo.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #788 on: December 08, 2021, 09:04:29 PM »
I'm getting new kingpins, I dont know about nuts. When I emailed them I was only emailing about one of the kingpins being too small for a tool to adjust, not the loosening. Its not too big a deal for me since I'm adjusting my trucks pretty frequently so can stay on top of it.

I believe your issue is in fact with The International Bureau of Weights and Measures.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #789 on: December 08, 2021, 09:20:52 PM »
thanks dawg. i got these loaded on my cart. contemplating on whether it’s worth it to blow almost $150 on a set of trucks

As someone who's done it more than once, it almost never is. The only ones that I've ever paid over a hundred for that were almost sort of worth it were Ti-Hangers and thats mostly down to the physical advantages of being entirely titanium (weight, durability) even though they've got a radical and ultra effective design. In fact, they're basically what people are describing here (a more stable, deeper turning ace) except they're probably a bit more responsive and half the weight.

I would honestly say theres no situation where I'm paying more than $60-70 for a pair of trucks ever again. Its just not worth it, especially if there's no real objective reason beyond sating your madness. Splitting the axles and making cool commercials doesn't mean anything to me because theres no real substance to it. You're not making a better mousetrap, you're just making a more expensive one. If i want a heavy truck that turns more effectively than I could possibly ever need at my pre-fab local or snapping shitty flat ground in a parking lot then theres already a bunch of great options for literally a fifth of the price.

Add to that the fact that theres apparently already durability and fitment issues.. I mean its something that is super common to initial iterations of a design but I don't really want to pay multiple times more than competitors to be a glorified beta tester. Figure the shit out, polish it, THEN charge too much for it.

Basically, if your truck isn't literally hewn from a solid block of titanium then theres absolutely no reason to be paying this much. I don't care how Swedish it is.

IpathCats

« Reply #790 on: December 09, 2021, 04:37:24 AM »

Basically, if your truck isn't literally hewn from a solid block of titanium then theres absolutely no reason to be paying this much. I don't care how Swedish it is.

I mean between rising material costs, being a new business so their volume is low, and manufacturing in a country that doesn't allow you to exploit the work force, I can see why these trucks would be more expensive. Idk if the $90 is quite justified, but the metal on these does feel rather "premium", and I've skated all the big truck brands. Regular Indys are what like $50? They've had decades to optimize their operation and utilize Chinese labor.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:35:13 AM by IpathCats »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #791 on: December 09, 2021, 04:47:37 AM »
I already drop mad scrilla on Swiss watches, not sure if I’m ready to take the plunge into world of luxury trucks…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

IpathCats

« Reply #792 on: December 09, 2021, 05:16:30 AM »
I already drop mad scrilla on Swiss watches, not sure if I’m ready to take the plunge into world of luxury trucks…

Do it, then throw your board in the back of your new Volvo and drive to Ikea to tell everyone how core you are.

ugly flacko

• Rep: 7
« Reply #793 on: December 09, 2021, 06:15:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean between rising material costs, being a new business so their volume is low, and manufacturing in a country that doesn't allow you to take exploit the work force, I can see why these trucks would be more expensive. Idk if the $90 is quite justified, but the metal on these does feel rather "premium", and I've skated all the big truck brands. Regular Indys are what like $50? They've had decades to optimize their operation and utilize Chinese labor.

To us europeans I think it's a fairly normal price ! We've been paying way more than you for the american material which is normal due to importation costs and most expensive cost of life (depending of the cities).
I live in Switzerland and to get a pair of INDEPENDENTs hollow (which would be kinda same technoloy/weight etc..) we have to pay around 85CHF. LURPIVs are 76 euros a pair which is 79CHF. I ordered 2 pairs and had free shipping. Import fees were 12CHF which makes the total amount the same as independent  trucks. ACE AF1s would be 80CHF a pair so yeah it's a standard price here in Europe.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #794 on: December 09, 2021, 07:44:54 AM »
The “issues” they have are the same that other major brands have. Here’s just a few issues that come to mind:

Indy: the IKP can loosen itself on the mids. I had some pivot cup issues on a pair of stage 11’s.

Venture: top bushing often shreds and blows out due to the design of the truck and washer. I also had an axle bend on a pair of hollows and I skate nothing over knee high.

Thunder: bushings dramatically change in feel if temperatures change making them almost impossible to skate in winter. Some people hate the baseplates. Actually haven’t heard of many issues but top bushings can split.

Ace: the AF1 have pivot cup issues, older ones had axles bend, etc.

So far a few Lurpiv riders have had some weird nylock and the same IKP thing. It’s not like we can all just ride Royals into the sunset…

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #795 on: December 09, 2021, 08:01:11 AM »
I finally got my tracking updated on some 144’s, should be getting them Monday!  :D Super excited to try them out!!
I hope they already put those fixed nuts on this new batch. But if not I have some extra ones at home just in case…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #796 on: December 09, 2021, 08:02:25 AM »
It’s not like we can all just ride Royals into the sunset…

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #797 on: December 10, 2021, 09:02:47 AM »
heads up to anyone ordering in canada. i got hit with the import fees. now my grand total is $195 cad

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #798 on: December 10, 2021, 09:28:31 AM »
I finally got my tracking updated on some 144’s, should be getting them Monday!  :D Super excited to try them out!!
I hope they already put those fixed nuts on this new batch. But if not I have some extra ones at home just in case…

Same here. 144's on scheduled for monday. The tracking now says "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."  No worries, didn't really think It would get here that fast. It's really cool they are actually coming from Switzerland. Even cooler if we're really under the first 1000 people to own some. :)   

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #799 on: December 10, 2021, 09:49:26 AM »
heads up to anyone ordering in canada. i got hit with the import fees. now my grand total is $195 cad

god damn. my set made it by without any extra costs

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #800 on: December 10, 2021, 10:02:51 AM »

Fuck. Sorry if I gave you false hope on the previous page.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #801 on: December 10, 2021, 02:58:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

god damn. my set made it by without any extra costs

It's always a gamble in Canada. The same product can sometimes have import fees, none the next week and the amounts can be all over the place too, seems to depend which employee was doing a shift that day. ::)

Srt32srt

• Rep: 1
« Reply #802 on: December 10, 2021, 03:49:27 PM »
thanks dawg. i got these loaded on my cart. contemplating on whether it’s worth it to blow almost $150 on a set of trucks

i thought they only cost $90? is shipping and tax $60?

superleftswipebby

« Reply #803 on: December 10, 2021, 03:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck. Sorry if I gave you false hope on the previous page.

all good dont trip. i took the risk anyways

superleftswipebby

« Reply #804 on: December 10, 2021, 04:00:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i thought they only cost $90? is shipping and tax $60?

mb that’s in canadian pricing after conversion

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #805 on: December 12, 2021, 09:49:02 PM »
159’s
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXJ-T2ttC3v/?utm_medium=copy_link

I just started thinking about this and if Lurpiv keeps things as exact as they’ve done so far, the 159s would be 8.858”, which would be an interesting size. And if they’d do an “in between size”, like with the 144s, those would be 154s and they’d have a 8.661” axle. Interesting to see what they come up with.

I feel like I’d want a truck that’s almost exactly 8.75” for my peace of mind but I don’t think it really matters all that much.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #806 on: December 13, 2021, 12:59:18 AM »
Did some lurking on Instagram and it seems that this is the place where they get made:

Fueltech Sweden AB (a subsidiary of SAG Motion GmbH) in Ronneby Sweden.

https://www.sag.at/en/locations/sweden/

Ghost Face

• Rep: 95
« Reply #807 on: December 13, 2021, 05:13:27 AM »
Expand Quote

For some reason, with those thin black wheels and the blank deck with Lurpiv sticker, this photo just reinforces my belief that these look like either budget sports store complete trucks or Tech Deck trucks!
[close]

I actually really love the look of the trucks but that setup is just bad.

That's not even a real deck. That's just a piece of wood.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #808 on: December 13, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Did some lurking on Instagram and it seems that this is the place where they get made:

Fueltech Sweden AB (a subsidiary of SAG Motion GmbH) in Ronneby Sweden.

https://www.sag.at/en/locations/sweden/

Austrian engineering. Interesting.

Fibs

• Rep: -11
« Reply #809 on: December 13, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
These trucks are the most aesthetically pleasing objects I’ve ever seen.