Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 69603 times)

goodatmeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #540 on: March 27, 2022, 10:49:25 AM »
Just made the switch from Thunder 147 Hollow lights to these out of plain curiosity. Havn't had a session yet but did a few pushes through the house lol and the feeling of the bushings through the board feels odd. When I lean I can feel the squeeze and creak of the bushings through my wholw board, is anyone getting that?

Yeah they do that, just like new aces. It stopped after the first session for me. Incredible bushings, love them

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #541 on: March 27, 2022, 11:43:06 AM »
These trucks are the best ever

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #542 on: March 28, 2022, 06:42:04 PM »
Just realized Rowan Davis is skating Royals in the "Hell Cherub" video that just came out. Might be time to try these lol.

fur lined sea

• Rep: 234
« Reply #543 on: March 28, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »
Just realized Rowan Davis is skating Royals in the "Hell Cherub" video that just came out. Might be time to try these lol.

Globes Opinion made me depressed for years.

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #544 on: March 28, 2022, 08:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn I missed this, was he on Indy before? He has such a sick style and trick selection.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #545 on: March 29, 2022, 07:10:37 AM »
Of interest to Royal Riderz

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #546 on: March 29, 2022, 08:03:10 AM »

I swear I’ve seen him ride Thunders.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #547 on: March 29, 2022, 08:13:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It wouldn’t be surprising if he were riding Thunders back when everyone agreed that Royals sucked.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #548 on: March 29, 2022, 08:16:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Royals look similar in some footage. He rode thunders before he got on Royal if I remember right. Rumor was he was skating on ventures for a bit, but I didn’t see it. The few times I’ve seen him skate it was with royals.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #549 on: March 29, 2022, 08:58:00 AM »

They really put some effort into making this his own unique version of the trucks!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2022, 09:14:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They really put some effort into making this his own unique version of the trucks!

hot take but maybe he just wanted them to be silver without a huge graphic on the front
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #552 on: March 29, 2022, 09:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

hot take but maybe he just wanted them to be silver without a huge graphic on the front

...and said, naw dawg, white bushings is where it's at.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #554 on: March 30, 2022, 08:06:35 AM »
Ultra lights are available at the crailstore.

https://crailstore.com/collections/everything/#filter:type=trucks

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
« Reply #555 on: March 30, 2022, 08:20:02 AM »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #556 on: March 30, 2022, 08:59:38 AM »
Ultra lights are available at the crailstore.

https://crailstore.com/collections/everything/#filter:type=trucks

7% lighter

Shows what a great job they did with the standard's initial design. Every little bit can help (that OCD) tho.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2022, 01:14:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Maybe he figured a silver truck was the best way capitalize on royalties, like a pro gets a "signature" colorway shoe and it's just black

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #558 on: March 30, 2022, 07:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Maybe he figured a silver truck was the best way capitalize on royalties, like a pro gets a "signature" colorway shoe and it's just black

Exactly, you always see the crazy pro colorways on clearance, ie lost royalties for the rider. Keep it simple, move that product, get that money.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #559 on: March 30, 2022, 08:58:32 PM »

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2022, 05:21:51 AM »
Skated them for a few sessions now.

Pop feel is amazing, love the height

Turn is REALLY good imo (despite it being lower)

Bushings are of superb quality

Grind feels as good as any major truck brand, no issues

Pinch is decent (not amazing but can't say anything bad)

The inverted kingpin will either grind like butter (if its a chill, smooth, skatepark rail) or be kinda a bitch (if it's a rougher spot)

Also the inverted kingpin loosens half a turn or more every sesh, I need to figure out how to stop this cause this is the one fucking annoying thing with IKP trucks (might just say fuck it and throw in a few drops of loctite or something? I dunno if people have suggestions/solutions for this)

I might just get the regular kingpin ones for my next set if I'm still loving them later

These trucks are goated honestly. I have a pair of tensors I'm gonna throw on later (near the end of this boards life) to compare the two most well regarded but not really popular trucks. Royal killed it honestly

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2022, 07:33:34 AM »
My kingpins started to loosen a bit too a month ago or so. I put some drops of regular superglue on the kingpin threads, assembled them and they never loosened again. I can still loosen/tighten them if I want to, but it does take a bit more force than normal.

I Can't Think

« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2022, 08:43:40 AM »
My kingpins started to loosen a bit too a month ago or so. I put some drops of regular superglue on the kingpin threads, assembled them and they never loosened again. I can still loosen/tighten them if I want to, but it does take a bit more force than normal.

I was thinking of doing this but having it confirmed to work has sold me on the idea, thanks

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2022, 08:58:19 AM »

The inverted kingpin will either grind like butter (if its a chill, smooth, skatepark rail) or be kinda a bitch (if it's a rougher spot)

Also the inverted kingpin loosens half a turn or more every sesh, I need to figure out how to stop this cause this is the one fucking annoying thing with IKP trucks (might just say fuck it and throw in a few drops of loctite or something? I dunno if people have suggestions/solutions for this)

I might just get the regular kingpin ones for my next set if I'm still loving them later

These trucks are goated honestly. I have a pair of tensors I'm gonna throw on later (near the end of this boards life) to compare the two most well regarded but not really popular trucks. Royal killed it honestly

I don't have Royals, but I do skate some Indys I converted into IKP and I put some blue Loctite on the bolt and they more or less skate normally now.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2022, 03:54:03 PM »

Been on royals since they dropped, recently setup up a bunch of other brands to re-visit them. Tensor just couldn't hold up, they felt very stiff and tall and I chalk that up to the 55mm height of them...but that mag grind tho...hard to beat them when paired with a slick =D

Indy (forged mid @50.5mm) came in neck and neck tho, slower and mellower vs the royals faster and swervier (I swear they are just a the best of Indy/thunder/venture all in one). I don't think they'd ever rank up to make it the 'big 5' but they are a heavy contender without a doubt.

It's also apparent that I prefer lower and wider trucks.

Fs_smith_98

• Rep: 1
« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2022, 02:38:22 AM »
Damn i also tried to skate the same deck on my thunders lights 148 (instead of royals 144, 8,25 deck) with same wheels also, and wow thunders turning really doesn't hold up the match with royals turning, maybe the 1mm higher teams baseplates would help a little though. Ace turning instead is still superior of course but i don't feel i'm really missing it, since royals do turn very good anyway and the pinch is WAY better, and also the pop feel is better to me.

I Can't Think

« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2022, 03:34:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't have Royals, but I do skate some Indys I converted into IKP and I put some blue Loctite on the bolt and they more or less skate normally now.

Thanks for the info, if I can stop the loosening the IKPs become pretty much perfect

Expand Quote

[close]

Been on royals since they dropped, recently setup up a bunch of other brands to re-visit them. Tensor just couldn't hold up, they felt very stiff and tall and I chalk that up to the 55mm height of them...but that mag grind tho...hard to beat them when paired with a slick =D

Indy (forged mid @50.5mm) came in neck and neck tho, slower and mellower vs the royals faster and swervier (I swear they are just a the best of Indy/thunder/venture all in one). I don't think they'd ever rank up to make it the 'big 5' but they are a heavy contender without a doubt.

It's also apparent that I prefer lower and wider trucks.

I feel like this is the same conclusion I'm going to end up coming to with the tensors, but I'm curious to at least try for myself. Kudos to royal for going from walmart-complete tier to legitimately one of the best trucks I've skated

Damn i also tried to skate the same deck on my thunders lights 148 (instead of royals 144, 8,25 deck) with same wheels also, and wow thunders turning really doesn't hold up the match with royals turning, maybe the 1mm higher teams baseplates would help a little though. Ace turning instead is still superior of course but i don't feel i'm really missing it, since royals do turn very good anyway and the pinch is WAY better, and also the pop feel is better to me.

I haven't skated thunders in years since I snapped a kingpin on a set as a kid and never bothered with them again, but it's impressive to hear people saying the royals outperform major truck brands. Though ace have the best turn outta any trucks so far for sure, but I find them too unstable for certain tricks at speed. Like If I'm trying to do a hardflip or any trick where my feet are more close together it's so much harder on aces. I'm willing to sacrifice some turn for the gains in stability and everything else.

sebbo

• Rep: 20
« Reply #567 on: April 06, 2022, 04:26:07 AM »
Are you guys sure that the kingpin got loose?
Like I mentioned before, mine kept getting looser and I thought the kingpin loosened as well but I believe it were
the bushings which took really long to break in.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #568 on: April 06, 2022, 05:48:54 AM »
Are you guys sure that the kingpin got loose?
Like I mentioned before, mine kept getting looser and I thought the kingpin loosened as well but I believe it were
the bushings which took really long to break in.

Yeah I drew a line on the kingpin. But it only ever turned like 30° on its own and I would have never noticed it without the line.
My bushings seemed to get harder when they broke in. They were super mushy at the start.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2022, 09:12:56 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcA_kxiLesj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Looks like they're out now: https://crailstore.com/products/w43-d1-royal-the-royal-ultra-light-truck
$60 for a set, not horrible, but for a 7% reduction in weight, I'd rather save $20 and get the regular ones. Not like they're super heavy to begin with.