Author Topic: Trendwatch 2022  (Read 43683 times)

3D X-Ray Vision

Re: Trendwatch 2022
« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2022, 05:09:36 PM »
Majestic Falcons trained to soar, swoop and grasp your setup and gingerly bring it back when your flip tricks go wild

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2022, 08:09:57 PM »
2023 will bring with it high vis threads .. not 80s neon but construction orange and lime
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2022, 08:11:33 PM »
2023 will bring with it high vis threads .. not 80s neon but construction orange and lime
already happening with the diy scene. i heard the concrete doesn’t cure right if your shirt isn’t bright enough

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2022, 11:28:17 PM »
Crop tops with fringes
Zip off pants, some will where pants with on regular leg and one short
Bringing your whole family, children, pets, etc to a spot

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2022, 08:20:43 AM »
i'm just glad that the 2021 "pirate style bandana over the head" look is on its way out. that was terrible.

i think ski masks are gonna continue into next winter tho. i really thought they woulda been a winter 2020/2021 look but they got bigger in 21/22, and all the footage is coming out now. funny how that works.

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2022, 12:44:29 PM »
i think ski masks are gonna continue into next winter tho. i really thought they woulda been a winter 2020/2021 look but they got bigger in 21/22, and all the footage is coming out now. funny how that works.

The Pooh Shiesty.
I deadass went to a thrift store where the security guard was wearing an eyes-only balaclava 😂

Magnolia

• Rep: 464
  • She/They
« Reply #426 on: June 13, 2022, 12:54:14 PM »
i'm just glad that the 2021 "pirate style bandana over the head" look is on its way out. that was terrible.

I saw the world's whitest, gangliest teen put one on and then put his glasses on above the mask at the skatepark a while back. I was gonna save it for Trendwatch 2023 but I guess its already here
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »
mullets
monk hair + dress up like a kung fu skate monk

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #428 on: June 17, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »
Skating on dirt.

Mallie

• Rep: 45
« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2022, 02:30:44 PM »
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

Rattus Localis

« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2022, 02:46:40 PM »
mullets

About 10 years ago, there was a fully blown skateboarding monk who would be spotted regularly at parks around the city I live in.

He lived in a monastery about an hour out of town and would come to the city to skate - in his full length robe, which would sometimes get tangled around his shoes and shit.

He was a British guy, mid 30s, really nice dude and actually ripped. He had good three flips and pressure flips.

One time, my friend did a neat trick and the monk dude was so impressed, he gave him some kind of little religious medallion.

Couldn't find it just now, but the local newspaper wrote a story about him at the time.

Story goes that in his younger days, he was a sponsored skater in the UK. Then he found God and the rest is history.

I hope he's still skating.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2022, 05:43:34 PM »
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

About 10 years ago, there was a fully blown skateboarding monk who would be spotted regularly at parks around the city I live in.

He lived in a monastery about an hour out of town and would come to the city to skate - in his full length robe, which would sometimes get tangled around his shoes and shit.

He was a British guy, mid 30s, really nice dude and actually ripped. He had good three flips and pressure flips.

One time, my friend did a neat trick and the monk dude was so impressed, he gave him some kind of little religious medallion.

Couldn't find it just now, but the local newspaper wrote a story about him at the time.

Story goes that in his younger days, he was a sponsored skater in the UK. Then he found God and the rest is history.

This anecdote is sick. What shoes did he skate

How to reject material objects but still be into skate gear.

I’m seeking higher being.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skateboarding/comments/oya70z/skateboarding_buddhist_monk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x

nothing's been the since same

skatebruh

• Rep: 32
« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2022, 06:05:09 PM »

Expand Quote
Skating on dirt.
[close]

Wheels get wider.

Nerds on Slap start saying things like they only ride 52x39mm wheels with a 28mm contact patch.

Wheels get so wide you have to ride narrower trucks to not have your super wide wheels stick out from under your deck.

A Slap thread is started to calculate the optimal truck and wheel combinations for any given deck width.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2022, 06:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

[close]

https://www.reddit.com/r/skateboarding/comments/oya70z/skateboarding_buddhist_monk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x

Did a little more sleuthing and managed to track down the story, but the photo seems to have been removed.

I did, however, manage to dig up this pic of him: https://imgur.com/a/PYxUkUj

His name is Gabriel Cortes and, according to the story, he was born in New Hampshire, USA. I'm sure he had a British accent though, so I'm guessing he grew up there.

Can't remember what shoes he skated, but there's a pretty good view of them in that photo. Can't make out what they are, but maybe someone else can.

I do remember that he always skated blank decks.

Here's the story (complete with mandatory cheesy headline): https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/heaven-is-a-half-pipe-for-friar-ng-ya-323828

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2022, 11:06:06 PM »
mullets

Mullets were kinda already a thing last year, no?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2022, 11:22:53 PM »
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

Mullets were kinda already a thing last year, no?
Mullets forever

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2022, 01:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did a little more sleuthing and managed to track down the story, but the photo seems to have been removed.

His name is Gabriel Cortes and, according to the story, he was born in New Hampshire, USA. I'm sure he had a British accent though, so I'm guessing he grew up there.

Can't remember what shoes he skated, but there's a pretty good view of them in that photo. Can't make out what they are, but maybe someone else can.

Here's the story (complete with mandatory cheesy headline): https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/heaven-is-a-half-pipe-for-friar-ng-ya-323828

That’s a sick picture!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2022, 01:38:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

[close]

[close]

Has his own company these days. Unsurprisingly rides a 7.5 on tensors. Nice guy but he can be a little preachy.

https://loveyourmotherboard.com/blogs/team-motherboards/br-gabriel-m-cortes

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #438 on: June 18, 2022, 03:40:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Has his own company these days. Unsurprisingly rides a 7.5 on tensors. Nice guy but he can be a little preachy.

This is awesome. he's wearing accels
Also I can see praying before the session getting a new trend
hellride!

Vatican approved

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #439 on: June 26, 2022, 11:17:44 AM »
The mere existence of a skateboarding monk puts a smile on my face. I love skaters who do not fit the traditional mold

conqueso

« Reply #440 on: June 26, 2022, 12:31:45 PM »
The mere existence of a skateboarding monk puts a smile on my face

ABD

dilbert1

• Rep: 142
« Reply #441 on: June 26, 2022, 01:05:29 PM »

Pearl swag

JamesFardy

• Rep: 69
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #442 on: June 26, 2022, 05:59:26 PM »
Skate shoes but with way more Boosters

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2022, 07:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mullets
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Graphics rad, dude rips

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1130
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #444 on: June 26, 2022, 09:46:40 PM »
Did anybody say Punisher haircuts yet?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2022, 02:16:58 AM »
Jumpsuits
Vantablack
Lasik surgery
Tattoo removal
Shaved armpits
50cc scooters
Full bleed top graphics with clear grip
Terrace House skate edition
Linux
Injection molded skate shoes

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #446 on: June 27, 2022, 02:44:11 AM »
Jumpsuits
Vantablack
Lasik surgery
Tattoo removal
Shaved armpits
50cc scooters
Full bleed top graphics with clear grip
Terrace House skate edition
Linux
Injection molded skate shoes

stallman on free skateboard foundation

Loady McGee

• Rep: 57
« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2022, 07:11:59 AM »
The green boards from Yeah Right will make a comeback but with a twist. Only the trucks and wheels will be green so they can easily be keyed out in post production. All future skate videos/clips will look like hover board videos to fool the non skating public.

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 34
« Reply #448 on: June 27, 2022, 09:09:41 PM »

Like fades?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2022, 08:09:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like fades?
More like Davey “boy” Smith, or if taken to the other extreme, and viewed threw the historic lens of the past, Chadd Sinclair’s fregona roja.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?