Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 225467 times)

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 334
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #5040 on: May 23, 2024, 11:38:37 PM »
My fellow Dragon riders, do yall fuck with Soft Sliders? 10€ lesser price and name Andrew Reynolds makes them really tempting

If you're into anything else than pushing, Soft Sliders outperform Dragons 5-0. Pun intended if ya will.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #5041 on: May 25, 2024, 08:26:23 AM »
My fellow Dragon riders, do yall fuck with Soft Sliders? 10€ lesser price and name Andrew Reynolds makes them really tempting
Wait so spits are cheaper than bones in the US? In europe, spits are stupid expensive now and bones are still the same price as 5 years ago.
Bones: 59.99€    ( X formula, STF, SPF )
Spit:    75.55€    ( F4 )  THAT'S 82 DOLLARS

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5042 on: May 25, 2024, 08:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait so spits are cheaper than bones in the US? In europe, spits are stupid expensive now and bones are still the same price as 5 years ago.
Bones: 59.99€    ( X formula, STF, SPF )
Spit:    75.55€    ( F4 )  THAT'S 82 DOLLARS
Living in Finland, Dragons are 5-10€ more expensive than Spitfires at my local shops.

Thanks to everyone, gonna give Spitfires a chance.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 888
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5043 on: May 26, 2024, 11:46:38 PM »
am i the only one who skates better with a board on ice?
when snapping a board isnt a worry i go much harder
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Bold

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5044 on: May 28, 2024, 11:33:11 AM »
Kneepads uncomfortable on shins.

Got some 187 knee pads recently because I wanted to do more transition skating. First time wearing them they kinda bruised my shins.

Is that a fit issue or am I wearing them to low?

Anybody else dealing with discomfort with pads?

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #5045 on: May 28, 2024, 11:41:52 PM »
Why do other people’s set ups always feel better than my own? Every time I set foot on a buddy’s set up I’m like “yea this feels great.” Doesn’t matter who or what.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
« Reply #5046 on: May 29, 2024, 12:30:15 AM »
i don't know but it's the opposite for me, i'll roll on my friend's board who rides pretty much the exact same parts as i do and it still ain't right

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #5047 on: May 29, 2024, 04:25:09 AM »
Why do other people’s set ups always feel better than my own? Every time I set foot on a buddy’s set up I’m like “yea this feels great.” Doesn’t matter who or what.

this has happened to me, and to some wild degrees. few years ago, saw a guy i hadn’t seen in 20-25 years. he was skating one of those new deal re-issues (very well done), rolls it over to me, i proceed to land one of the best nollieflips of my decade, try a few other tricks, all first try, get back on my board almost slam a nollie, then fall off on another nollie attempt. rad.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5048 on: May 29, 2024, 05:35:44 AM »

Got some 187 knee pads recently because I wanted to do more transition skating. First time wearing them they kinda bruised my shins.

You probably will get used to it. Or get knee gaskets. As an intermediary layer they will take some presure away (plus they reduce the chance of the pads sliding off of sweaty knees).
https://187killerpads.com/collections/knee-pads/products/knee-gasket?variant=32862205575308
https://www.ridetsg.com/shop/protection-all/skate/kneegasket-brace-ad/71025-55-102/
https://www.scabs.com/products/knee-gasket-black

Bold

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5049 on: May 29, 2024, 01:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You probably will get used to it. Or get knee gaskets. As an intermediary layer they will take some presure away (plus they reduce the chance of the pads sliding off of sweaty knees).
https://187killerpads.com/collections/knee-pads/products/knee-gasket?variant=32862205575308
https://www.ridetsg.com/shop/protection-all/skate/kneegasket-brace-ad/71025-55-102/
https://www.scabs.com/products/knee-gasket-black

Thank you

Luismps

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5050 on: May 31, 2024, 06:41:17 AM »
This time I got a Primitive deck made in China. Has anyone had experience with these decks? Should I be worried? 🤣

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5051 on: May 31, 2024, 08:25:39 AM »
This time I got a Primitive deck made in China. Has anyone had experience with these decks? Should I be worried? 🤣

Nah they're good, on par with the BBS stuff. Just avoid those that come from pre built completes (pure speculation but I'm convinced are part birch) and you're good.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Luismps

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5052 on: May 31, 2024, 09:07:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nah they're good, on par with the BBS stuff. Just avoid those that come from pre built completes (pure speculation but I'm convinced are part birch) and you're good.

Tks Rocklobster

The previous one was BBS and didn't last long…

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5053 on: May 31, 2024, 10:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

X2. Had a Chinese Silvas board and it was one of the best I had in the last time.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

skoptics_mkii

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5054 on: June 03, 2024, 03:46:24 PM »
3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS
1. I need to know where to find massive baggy trousers like Tom Penny wears/used to wear. There's trousers like the Polar Big Boys but they're just not quite as baggy.  Everything he wears is massive and im jealous. I cant find anything the same. He even seems to be the only person on earth who wears stuff that baggy - no other pros compete. I'll attach some links of the level of baggy I mean. (https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2BOVhOPEz7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==)

2. For the multi layered tshirt effect do i need to massive tshirts of 1-size different?

3. How do i stop being so obsessed with Tom Penny? (send help)

Scab Picker

• Rep: 13
« Reply #5055 on: June 04, 2024, 06:08:07 AM »
3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS 3 QUESTIONS
1. I need to know where to find massive baggy trousers like Tom Penny wears/used to wear. There's trousers like the Polar Big Boys but they're just not quite as baggy.  Everything he wears is massive and im jealous. I cant find anything the same. He even seems to be the only person on earth who wears stuff that baggy - no other pros compete. I'll attach some links of the level of baggy I mean. (https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2BOVhOPEz7/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==)

2. For the multi layered tshirt effect do i need to massive tshirts of 1-size different?

#1: Get jeans that are significantly larger than your size. If your waist is 32”, get loose or relaxed jeans with a 40” waist.

#2: Wear a 2XL white tee under an XL black tee.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 888
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5056 on: June 04, 2024, 10:23:08 AM »
whats the best way to get rid of vans foxing tape?
black line on white aint it
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5057 on: June 04, 2024, 10:35:07 AM »
Kickflip

Dmng

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5058 on: June 04, 2024, 02:00:07 PM »
Where / which replacement laces would you buy in Europe ? I’m frustrated breaking mine all the time

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
IG: @flowterspace

Dmng

« Reply #5060 on: June 04, 2024, 03:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Where / which replacement laces would you buy in Europe ? I’m frustrated breaking mine all the time
[close]

I wasn't able to rip these apart. If I notice some spots where they get scuffed up, I put a little dab of glue on there. Great price too and you can choose different lengths.

https://www.amazon.de/Miscly-Schn%C3%BCrsenkel-Sportschuhe-Laufschuhe-Polyester/dp/B07TK1VKN5/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=IF4ZZ4WA5XMC&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.JXP79AqCSl1_PihoNomzveYAqGkG9Z9kYDEfcnP_Wd2Fi4bjqa7P7MO9m-x-KhOzq2fBWDuHTFVIdISeIHbUiRiAsMRV9rJuP2xOWNiiV-FUatqLSLTbJebcbx6wAelbkLW1sl46ohQ1hJJEkTm5aXF_RCf0zPzsRs3Tpyxvif92bljUbGoH5f6t_UZcRD6B6IG0ICiWEBZt3ACwdekrtxxyo8sNZCQ48GzRWzaPFozC48TbTmbmHv61EqhbpB5qM2VFdVXfRk4aS7yj5TD5NyNg4KKdbpu0I-KbeGGBjKo.Ogh0Z-ee35dhlQSOkgsteQhfV04IwzeaflXWbDC1XwE&dib_tag=se&keywords=miscly+schn%C3%BCrsenkel&qid=1717535668&sprefix=miscly+%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

I only found this Amazon link, but maybe you can order them somewhere else too.

Thanks I’ve been able to order a few from France ! Thanks for the recommendation

skoptics_mkii

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5061 on: June 04, 2024, 04:49:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
#1: Get jeans that are significantly larger than your size. If your waist is 32”, get loose or relaxed jeans with a 40” waist.

That would work but it doesnt look like the jeans have a massive waist. It would be more bunched up no?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 569
« Reply #5062 on: June 04, 2024, 05:14:56 PM »

White paint pen or sand them off. Or just buy the vulcs that don’t have them. Pretty sure all the new sk8 line comes with and without now. Personally, I like the stripe.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5063 on: June 04, 2024, 05:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That would work but it doesnt look like the jeans have a massive waist. It would be more bunched up no?

When we were going through that era back in the 90s, we would cut two holes, one on either side of the fly and thread a shoe lace through the middle waist band, then tie it up so although it is a bit bunchy it works a lot better than trying to use a belt or similar thing.

It was also a lot cheaper than paying $100 for Blind or other skate brand jeans at the time - convert that now to about $300 for those really big designer / high price brand jeans now.

When you have such a big shirt or top on over everything, you will not even see a bit of the jeans above the inseam.

Brands that do have the "huge" leg include Butter, Polar and some others I can't think of right this minute.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5064 on: June 04, 2024, 06:45:01 PM »

Thanks I’ve been able to order a few from France ! Thanks for the recommendation

Aliexpress is my go to for laces in bulk - keep a small tube of super glue handy at home to dab the laces and you're set.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 185
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #5065 on: June 04, 2024, 09:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

When we were going through that era back in the 90s, we would cut two holes, one on either side of the fly and thread a shoe lace through the middle waist band, then tie it up so although it is a bit bunchy it works a lot better than trying to use a belt or similar thing.

It was also a lot cheaper than paying $100 for Blind or other skate brand jeans at the time - convert that now to about $300 for those really big designer / high price brand jeans now.

When you have such a big shirt or top on over everything, you will not even see a bit of the jeans above the inseam.

Brands that do have the "huge" leg include Butter, Polar and some others I can't think of right this minute.

In the 90’s it would cost $5 to get your $5 thrift store jeans tailored to your waist. A little more if you had them resew the back pockets on. Back then almost every working class mom had a sewing machine so we had that going for us too. I would assume it would cost much more today but there might be a YouTube video to show you how to do it

Dmng

« Reply #5066 on: June 04, 2024, 11:20:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Aliexpress is my go to for laces in bulk - keep a small tube of super glue handy at home to dab the laces and you're set.

Thanks ! Do you randomly choose the laces or are some more resistant than others ? I imagine that « foamy » running round type laces are not good for example ?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5067 on: June 04, 2024, 11:42:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks ! Do you randomly choose the laces or are some more resistant than others ? I imagine that « foamy » running round type laces are not good for example ?
Flat ones or ones that fit the look of the shoe, with super glue any shape of lace will last a long time
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dmng

« Reply #5068 on: June 05, 2024, 01:53:38 PM »
Surely it’s just my puig indoor being terrible design cos I break a lace every session or 2. I’ve used the back foot lace on the front foot, applied super glue on the friction areas and it broke at one point and is nearly breaking at two other. To be fair those laces are are narrow and the shoe is not the best design for long lasting

GT

• Rep: 7
« Reply #5069 on: June 06, 2024, 03:49:22 AM »
Which wood shop or board brand has the most tapered kicks and are not eggs if they even exist? Looking mainly for 7.75-8.2