Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
481 (71%)
Yeah I guess a bit
160 (23.6%)
Indifferent either way
15 (2.2%)
Not really
11 (1.6%)
No never
10 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 673

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 157370 times)

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sad to say theyre from Zumiez, couldnt say no to what i thought was a $29.99 BBS. Theres no normal Warning sticker, and no red rectangle.  I dont think it was meant to be a PP deck since the orig was $59.99 but that could mean nothing.  Ive gotten 2 so far, so maybe the others will be different but i doubt it.

[close]

Looks like the generic "Made in China" boards strike again, but quite simply, skate it and see how it goes.

Is that just a smaller nail like punch in the front bolts area?

It does seem like a lot of brands are now going for two options, the pro boards still on the good wood and the pricepoint or more generic graphics on cheaper boards (cheaper for them and better margins that is) from China for the other more mainstream market and shops.

I am curious how it feels compared to the 35th decks from the other thread too, in concave and feel of the boards.
[close]

to be fair we have had Darkrooms that are genuine BBS and some are China wood, but price staying the same.

on the flip side, we do get Maxallure and Paterson boards that are 100% made just for Zumiez, china made and the dimensions are wild. we have some 8.5 Max’s that are 30” long. comparing it to actual Max boards, this might just seem to be the deal they have made with Zumiez.

I would be interested to see pics of the boards, tops or any stickers with Made in / warning info.

Being such a big buyer, I guess the company could afford to do deals above and beyond the normal supply and I could be wrong, but I think bringing in boards from China are generally cheaper than boards from Mexico, especially in such high numbers as they could be getting.

It all adds up pretty quickly, even if it was a few dollars difference a board, they order a thousand, that is a significant enough saving to justify it from their end.

As per this case, just check dimensions, see if they skate well or not, then give some feedback after that.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sad to say theyre from Zumiez, couldnt say no to what i thought was a $29.99 BBS. Theres no normal Warning sticker, and no red rectangle.  I dont think it was meant to be a PP deck since the orig was $59.99 but that could mean nothing.  Ive gotten 2 so far, so maybe the others will be different but i doubt it.

[close]

Looks like the generic "Made in China" boards strike again, but quite simply, skate it and see how it goes.

It does seem like a lot of brands are now going for two options, the pro boards still on the good wood and the pricepoint or more generic graphics on cheaper boards (cheaper for them and better margins that is) from China for the other more mainstream market and shops.

I am curious how it feels compared to the 35th decks from the other thread too, in concave and feel of the boards.
[close]

to be fair we have had Darkrooms that are genuine BBS and some are China wood, but price staying the same.

on the flip side, we do get Maxallure and Paterson boards that are 100% made just for Zumiez, china made and the dimensions are wild. we have some 8.5 Max’s that are 30” long. comparing it to actual Max boards, this might just seem to be the deal they have made with Zumiez.
[close]

Are Maxallure exclusive to Zumiez? Definitely seen them at 303.

i would like to think the Max's that are in shops are different than the ones in Zumiez woodshop wise.. after re-reading the thread, it looks like we get the PGI ones? see photos below.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I would be interested to see pics of the boards, tops or any stickers with Made in / warning info.

Being such a big buyer, I guess the company could afford to do deals above and beyond the normal supply and I could be wrong, but I think bringing in boards from China are generally cheaper than boards from Mexico, especially in such high numbers as they could be getting.

It all adds up pretty quickly, even if it was a few dollars difference a board, they order a thousand, that is a significant enough saving to justify it from their end.

As per this case, just check dimensions, see if they skate well or not, then give some feedback after that.

ask you shall receive.

one common thing with all these is that they all have this WARNING sticker on them and below have the country. assumptions can be made.

Maxallure. Made in China. Logo on top ply. No other indication where it's made from. Possibly PGI?

Paterson. This one is made in Mexico. Logo also on top ply. No other indicators.

BONUS, we got a bunch of Worble decks with this sticker on it as well, but they are indeed Clutch wood. we once got a run of Skate Mental's with that sticker too, but again they are definitely Clutch.

interesting deep dive. all the other boards in my Zumiez that are BBS, PS, NHS, etc etc don't come with the stickers on em.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Firstly thank you for the pics and information!

Given I have never been outside of Australia and never bought a board from Zumiez, I wonder if almost everything as you have shown is "special order" product, as I don't ever really recall seeing those warning stickers anywhere else - from any other shop or seller or pics - or if the stickers are made specifically for Zumiez and put on the boards at the manufacturing end or in the Zumiez distribution warehouse.

It looks like that Paterson deck also has Clutch stamps at the front bolt area (just on the arm of the "a") but it could also be something else.  Those pics are great with good definition, so blown up on a decent sized screen I can really see a lot of detail.  Just rechecked and Paterson is listed as Clutch anyway.

I think the most common place where any board stamps, markings or other info is around the front bolt area, sometimes round the back bolt area, but most brands will have their own stickers and info, eg DLX has the silver foil size stickers on the bottom and barcode sticker on top on the tails, NHS has the white product barcode stickers up on the noses on top, some others have specific barcode or product stickers too, regardless of woodshop, but then specific warning stickers also help identify the woodshop too.

For some other places / brands / woodshops, there is no normal sticker besides what is on the board itself, eg the Clutch stamps are usually all that are on most of their boards, with specific brands putting their own brand with size stickers on afterwards.

It is interesting to see all of these anyway, no matter what the thoughts are on where they come from or anything else.

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
Trying to avoid sounding like a corporate shill, i really gotta hand it to Darkroom on this one.  I originally emailed Zumiez last week explaining the situation with images, links etc. Didn't hear anything back for a couple business days, so DMed Darkroom's IG and a day later was given Kevin's email to reach out to.  After reiterating the story, I instantly got a response acknowledging he heard about the situation over the weekend and wanted to sort it out. He laid out the covid related supply chain issues that we expected, during the heavy quarantine days when PS and BBS closed up.  In order to fill Zumiez's order during that time, they had to move to an overseas woodshop whose QC they approved of.  He assured me that all manufacturing has since revered back to BBS.  Kevin was really easy to deal with and offered to help me out regardless of Zumiez's responsiveness.

To be honest, with how cool they were, ill try to support DR in the future when I need new wood.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Open and shut case Johnson!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

That is so good!

I do wonder how many pandemic runs of boards have meant there are still a number of "other" boards out there from companies that are not their usual wood, eg if a shop bought a good number but then don't move them very fast, that could leave quite a legacy of questions and some confusion.

At least no confusion here now.

I am still curious how the concave is compared to BBS and how they hold up in the wear test.  Just me being me though, as I am all kinds of weird with things like that.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
I got a Blood Wizard that just has a sharpie dot on the top and no other markings. Color ply top, rest all natural including under the graphic. Looks kinda warped too. Might be pandemic leftover price point wood

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
Very nice.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
Trying to avoid sounding like a corporate shill, i really gotta hand it to Darkroom on this one.  I originally emailed Zumiez last week explaining the situation with images, links etc. Didn't hear anything back for a couple business days, so DMed Darkroom's IG and a day later was given Kevin's email to reach out to.  After reiterating the story, I instantly got a response acknowledging he heard about the situation over the weekend and wanted to sort it out. He laid out the covid related supply chain issues that we expected, during the heavy quarantine days when PS and BBS closed up.  In order to fill Zumiez's order during that time, they had to move to an overseas woodshop whose QC they approved of.  He assured me that all manufacturing has since revered back to BBS.  Kevin was really easy to deal with and offered to help me out regardless of Zumiez's responsiveness.

To be honest, with how cool they were, ill try to support DR in the future when I need new wood.

Darkroom are great like that, they sent me out a replacement too for something that went wrong with mine.

But Zero on the other hand - they even said the poor quality deck was due to covid wood but didn't do anything about it.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
Expand Quote

[close]

Darkroom are great like that, they sent me out a replacement too for something that went wrong with mine.

But Zero on the other hand - they even said the poor quality deck was due to covid wood but didn't do anything about it.

Was that from their USA HQ or from locally here in AU?

I am always curious with some brands / companies, as their HQ might be awesome, but their local distributor might be the opposite, or vice versa.

It is really good when both the Company and local distro are both awesome, such as DLX and Project Distribution, both having an A+ for customer service from my experience.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

I saw Unity and There are now distributed under DLX, went to check and realised they are already in the Woodshop list, both under BBS, which makes sense.

Not a whole lot of info on the specs of the boards, other than the widths, but they have pretty much all the main sizes covered.  I wonder if they are the same shapes as DLX too, apart from the egg shaped Marbie 8.5 x 32 with 14.38 wb.

https://www.unityzines.com/

https://www.thereskateboards.com/catalog

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474

I saw Unity and There are now distributed under DLX, went to check and realised they are already in the Woodshop list, both under BBS, which makes sense.

Not a whole lot of info on the specs of the boards, other than the widths, but they have pretty much all the main sizes covered.  I wonder if they are the same shapes as DLX too, apart from the egg shaped Marbie 8.5 x 32 with 14.38 wb.

I was checking those also but figured they’re maybe the boards still from pre DLX. I’m really looking forward to the boards through DLX.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

I was checking those also but figured they’re maybe the boards still from pre DLX. I’m really looking forward to the boards through DLX.

I know it might not be much, but I just thought this was interesting.

I see from the Stock Report video that the Unity and There boards have the usual DLX foil stickers with dimensions on them, so that would mean they are the same dimensions as other DLX boards now too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkjyz3jPrf4

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Id love to know how the nose/tail measurements compare on the 8.38, the 8.38 Full SE, and the Dreamer 8.38.

I just got out two both new in shrink to compare - a Real Full SE 8.38 and the normal DLX 8.38, which is often listed as the Dreamer shape but really is just the normal 8.38 shape, so there are only the two options.

Nose on both is just over 7" when measured from the hook over the end of the board straight across (not with concave).

Tail on both is just a bit more over 6.5" when measured the same way, even though I had thought the normal 8.38 had closer to 6.6 tail with other boards I had skated before.

This adds up to what is listed with 7.03 nose and 6.53 tail from the Real Full SE info, as per their site:

https://www.realskateboards.com/construction/

The overall length differences relates to the wheelbase, with the nose and tails being what appears to be exactly the same, the Full SE being more full in the edges of the kicks than the normal shape but the width is the same as well, coming in at 8.4375 (8 7/16ths) across so a touch wider than 8.38 and a hair off 8.5 as per the same as what others have said before too.

Even though the math just doesn't quite add up, the Full SE is 14.38 wb and 32.18 long, the normal 8.38 being 14.5 wb with 32.25 total length which was about right as well.

Comparing both of those to other BBS 8.38 size boards, the Passport is a lot closer to 8.3 x 32 with 14.38 wb with a 6.8" nose and a 6.65" or slightly longer tail, so all round it is not as wide and a bit shorter too, but a slightly longer tail.

I also have a Baker normal 8.38 which is the same all round as the 8.38 normal DLX and a Baker B2 8.38 which is closer to the Real Full SE, in that it is more squared in the kicks, 14.38 wb, same size nose, again more like 8.3 wide than 8.38 but definitely a whole lot longer in the tail than all the rest, which reminds me of the AWS board shapes.

https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction

Maybe too much info, but I was curious while I had all of them to compare and see what they were like, what differences, what similarities and all the rest.

MxsDx

• Rep: 90
Does anyone know what woodshop Maxallure is using. I picked up and 8.38 (14.25 wb, 32 Long). It has a simple imprint within the front truck holes. There are not letters, stickers, stamps or etchings.

https://garageskateshop.com/products/maxallure-free-to-roam?_pos=3&_psq=maxallure&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Does anyone know what woodshop Maxallure is using. I picked up and 8.38 (14.25 wb, 32 Long). It has a simple imprint within the front truck holes. There are not letters, stickers, stamps or etchings.

https://garageskateshop.com/products/maxallure-free-to-roam?_pos=3&_psq=maxallure&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Is it more the bigger dot stamp, and is there any warning sticker or other info on the board?

Board stamps, markings and warning stickers on the first page from here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg3729106#msg3729106

Some it seemed were BBS, but others, as per earlier on this page seemed to have "Made in China" on it which doesn't really help a whole lot, but any other pics you have of the dot might help too.

MxsDx

• Rep: 90

Here is the dimple. No other markings. The mold is pretty flat with medium kicks.

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
heated wheel polarizers are ps stix. the shaped decks (slam time and huntsman) are bbs

not 100% about the popsicles

DanRar009

• Rep: 38
Anyone know what shop mystery boards are coming from?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Anyone know what shop mystery boards are coming from?

Mystery is now under Surplus Distribution after it was brought back a number of years ago, with boards here in AU being Clutch.  The boards I had stood on and had a skate of in 2019 / 2020 pre pandemic were good solid feeling boards, very similar in concave to BBS with only some slight differences.

Although I don't know about elsewhere, I would imagine they are also Clutch in USA and other places.

Previously they had been under a couple of different woodshops after Black Box folded and I had seen a few floating around with the old Black Box wood, one of an unknown China deck and a few others that might have been counterfeit boards from Ali Express sellers, which would definitely be out of China.

Where are you in the world?

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
Maybe some one in here could help me. Long story shot I'm skating a Shake Junt 8.25x32. I'm in love with the deck. I'm pretty sure its BBS wood. Does anyone else use this mold/shape? How would I even find out?
 Shake Junts other decks aren't labeled the same as this one. This concave isn't like a Baker.

LebowskisRug

Email Shake Junt or dm on IG

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Maybe some one in here could help me. Long story shot I'm skating a Shake Junt 8.25x32. I'm in love with the deck. I'm pretty sure its BBS wood. Does anyone else use this mold/shape? How would I even find out?
 Shake Junts other decks aren't labeled the same as this one. This concave isn't like a Baker.

Is it a current deck and have you measured it for the basic dimensions like wheelbase, length, etc?

Check what is still listed here:

https://shakejunt.com/collections/boards

https://shakejunt.com/collections/boards/products/beagle-caddy-deck-8-25

8.25" x 31.5"
14.25" Wheelbase
Mellow Concave / OG Shape

Some other places have something similar in longer and shorter options from 31.75 to 32, wheelbase varies from 14.12 to 14.35 and so on but I don't really think they are different boards to what usually comes out of Bakerboys, through BBS as they have a pretty solid supply going on there. 

Could be wrong though.

Another one:

https://socalskateshop.com/Shake-Junt-Beagle-Caddy-Skateboard-Deck-8-25x31-75.html

Deck Specs:

Width: 8.25"
Length: 31.75"
Wheelbase: 14.125"
Nose: 7"
Tail: 6.625"

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

In my travels online I came across another one I hadn't seen before, with boards / blanks in Austria / EU for anyone around there who needs wood:

Mind_Distribution
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)
Boards Made in Mexico 🇲🇽
Printed in Austria 🇦🇹
Distributor for @clown_skateboards in EU🇪🇺
www.mind-distribution.com
https://www.instagram.com/mind_distribution/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbu5fqSM-n0/

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
Dr skateboards a deck printshop in CA uses Quincy (who I thought stopped producing)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcVyjVRJZkR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
Dr skateboards a deck printshop in CA uses Quincy (who I thought stopped producing)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcVyjVRJZkR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
He uses a lot of different wood, whatever he can source. Has BBS at times.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
Do we have a thread of full round noses? Ones like;

FA
Hockey
Quasi
GX1000
WKND

Just wondering what else is out there in the full nose gang
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Do we have a thread of full round noses? Ones like;

FA
Hockey
Quasi
GX1000
WKND

Just wondering what else is out there in the full nose gang
[close]
Snack
Glue

I guess it depends how "full" you want them, but a couple of others I had seen include:

Real Full / Full SE
Baker B2 shaped boards

Those all come from either BBS or PS Stix, but there are also Dwindle boards in a Full shape out there, along with a couple of other woodshops that make more full shapes for some boards.

Just cannot recall anything right this minute though, as far as specifics.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

From last week, but best on a new page:

***   NEW POLL   ***

So I added a Woodshop poll, thinking it would be interesting to know if this thread is even warranted, or to what degree people would use it to determine what board to buy.

Not a big deal really, as there are probably more people who would check very specific board information on here more than the general public but it has five options, from "Yes absolutely" through "Indifferent either way" to "No never" so at least there are all options covered.

Sorry no option for Fred Gall in this one, but you can always add  "Absolutely Fred Gall" or "No never Fred Gall" in comments if you want to.

Just something I thought would be a little interesting, but I know I am overly crazy about my choice of concave and woodshop for my own board, maybe more than any other part of a setup, but it is close.

* From results so far, at least I feel justified in trying to get as much into this thread, but I know I still need to go through and add more pics and info to the first page with different manufacturers.

Mon

• Rep: 5
Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer? They do a Filipino brand called Agenda, great boards.

Cheers