Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
484 (70.7%)
Yeah I guess a bit
162 (23.6%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
12 (1.8%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 680

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 162545 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1927
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer? They do a Filipino brand called Agenda, great boards.

Cheers

I've seen that name on another local brand in Asia, I'll give the guy behind it a DM. Decks through that woodshop feel really light and stiff, almost like a DSM without the extreme stiffness.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ambiguousclarity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Does anyone know anything about the Australian brand Eternal Skateboards? I've just set up one of their decks and I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576
Dr skateboards a deck printshop in CA uses Quincy (who I thought stopped producing)

I heard this too, but my local gets their shop decks pressed by Quincy and I asked fairly recently.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Their old instagram "quincywoodwrights" is now gone and this account has not been updated since 2019.

Anyone else got any more info?

Mon

• Rep: 5
Expand Quote
Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer? They do a Filipino brand called Agenda, great boards.

Cheers

[close]

I've seen that name on another local brand in Asia, I'll give the guy behind it a DM. Decks through that woodshop feel really light and stiff, almost like a DSM without the extreme stiffness.

That would be awesome! They have this square shape, I really dig them.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Does anyone know anything about the Australian brand Eternal Skateboards? I've just set up one of their decks and I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences.

I am in Brisbane, they are based on the Sunshine Coast, through Trinity Distribution, under which Eternal is their own brand, established in 1992.

The few Eternal / Trinity decks I have had come through my hands over the years along with the boards that people have had that I have skated are good solid decks, no issues with them, but apart from that, I don't have any other information.

Like a lot of brands that do their own, they sourced their own woodshop for the product, which is not known, but any which way, they are able to keep supply up and prices down and people like their boards, so you should be on a winner there.

They did have a flatter version and a steeper version at one point, but I didn't see any current info on that.

https://www.eternalskateboards.com/

Lots of boards on sale here right now too:

https://www.trinitydistribution.com.au/decks/eternal/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe some one in here could help me. Long story shot I'm skating a Shake Junt 8.25x32. I'm in love with the deck. I'm pretty sure its BBS wood. Does anyone else use this mold/shape? How would I even find out?
 Shake Junts other decks aren't labeled the same as this one. This concave isn't like a Baker.
[close]

Is it a current deck and have you measured it for the basic dimensions like wheelbase, length, etc?

Check what is still listed here:

https://shakejunt.com/collections/boards

https://shakejunt.com/collections/boards/products/beagle-caddy-deck-8-25

8.25" x 31.5"
14.25" Wheelbase
Mellow Concave / OG Shape

Some other places have something similar in longer and shorter options from 31.75 to 32, wheelbase varies from 14.12 to 14.35 and so on but I don't really think they are different boards to what usually comes out of Bakerboys, through BBS as they have a pretty solid supply going on there. 

Could be wrong though.

Another one:

https://socalskateshop.com/Shake-Junt-Beagle-Caddy-Skateboard-Deck-8-25x31-75.html

Deck Specs:

Width: 8.25"
Length: 31.75"
Wheelbase: 14.125"
Nose: 7"
Tail: 6.625"
[close]
The dimensions look fairly similar to  limosine 8.25 shovel nose deck (also BBS). Dimensions are 8.25” x 31.82 and 14.13”wheelbase. That 14.13 wheelbase on a 8.25 looks really interesting to me. I think this is also similar to the FA/hockey 8.25 but im hoping the nose and tail aren’t as steep. I want to try this shape out with some venture 5.6 standards.

I'll have to check the Limosine's out. This Shake Junt deck does have a 14.13 WB, not 14.25 as advertised on the sticker! It's the fighting chicken graphic. Horrible, I know, But the shape and concave are dreamy. For me anyways. Thanks guys!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
DGK (current drop) still China. Sweet ass shape.

Small dot/indent on the bottom/roadside between the front truck holes

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303

Whats the shape like?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

Whats the shape like?

And the concave compared to BBS boards?

Someone was saying they were trying to copy the BBS concave as close as they could, but someone else said it was just the standard unknown China concave, similar to Dwindle and pretty much standard flat kicks, no spoon through from bolts to tip.

* And thanks for posting!!!  Always curious when brands with well established product start to go a different way, as have many big brands for some if not all their boards of late.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Whats the shape like?

[close]

And the concave compared to BBS boards?

Someone was saying they were trying to copy the BBS concave as close as they could, but someone else said it was just the standard unknown China concave, similar to Dwindle and pretty much standard flat kicks, no spoon through from bolts to tip.

* And thanks for posting!!!  Always curious when brands with well established product start to go a different way, as have many big brands for some if not all their boards of late.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.msg3781390#msg3781390

PlanB style nose (round/full/short) but with a standard popsicle vibe
Baker-style tail (pointy)
Medium concave
Medium/Mellow kicks

Xen

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]
Whats the shape like?

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.msg3781390#msg3781390

I can't be bothered to re-size them and put them all in one post.

Nose

Tail

ambiguousclarity

Expand Quote
[close]

I am in Brisbane, they are based on the Sunshine Coast, through Trinity Distribution, under which Eternal is their own brand, established in 1992.

The few Eternal / Trinity decks I have had come through my hands over the years along with the boards that people have had that I have skated are good solid decks, no issues with them, but apart from that, I don't have any other information.

Like a lot of brands that do their own, they sourced their own woodshop for the product, which is not known, but any which way, they are able to keep supply up and prices down and people like their boards, so you should be on a winner there.

They did have a flatter version and a steeper version at one point, but I didn't see any current info on that.

Thanks for sharing what you know Mbrimson88. I've been skating an Eternal 8.625 the past two weeks. It feels thinner and lighter than the Madness decks I've been riding lately. I'm enjoying it so I ordered another two decks, which I received today. One is shaped, and looks to have been made at a different woodshop than the one used for making their popsicles. The nose and tail aren't symmetrical. Despite this, I'm looking forward to setting it up. The two popsicle decks feel like they've been made well. Concave is medium. Noses on the popsicles are steeper relative to what I've been riding lately. The paint on the bottom of the deck comes off very easily, which I don't mind. I'd prefer it without the paint.

ambiguousclarity

Did a bit of digging and it looks like the Eternal decks are made by a company called Direct Skate Supply. Factory is in China. https://directskatesupply.com/about/

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for sharing what you know Mbrimson88. I've been skating an Eternal 8.625 the past two weeks. It feels thinner and lighter than the Madness decks I've been riding lately. I'm enjoying it so I ordered another two decks, which I received today. One is shaped, and looks to have been made at a different woodshop than the one used for making their popsicles. The nose and tail aren't symmetrical. Despite this, I'm looking forward to setting it up. The two popsicle decks feel like they've been made well. Concave is medium. Noses on the popsicles are steeper relative to what I've been riding lately. The paint on the bottom of the deck comes off very easily, which I don't mind. I'd prefer it without the paint.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Did a bit of digging and it looks like the Eternal decks are made by a company called Direct Skate Supply. Factory is in China. https://directskatesupply.com/about/

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Direct is also owned by and under Trinity Distribution, but I haven't heard anything for a while on that front.

The pandemic might have been the reason for starting a "direct to customer" type business along with other distributors having supply issues or lack of boards from some manufacturers causing issues about that time too.

asbestos

skull skates decks are made thru control. most of them have a “2” pressed onto the top ply and the same made in canada sticker

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
skull skates decks are made thru control. most of them have a “2” pressed onto the top ply and the same made in canada sticker

Thanks!

I thought I had them on there, but see I did not.

Added now though.

joaqp

• Rep: 23
I just bought the 8.25 (14.12 wb)limosine “shovel nose” deck shipped to me. I opened it up and it is definitely not a shovel nose. The board that I received was a tapered shape and did not look like the full shape they had on their website. It has the same graphic but the shape is totally different. Has anyone else had this problem? I guess this is what I get for buying online…

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
I just bought the 8.25 (14.12 wb)limosine “shovel nose” deck shipped to me. I opened it up and it is definitely not a shovel nose. The board that I received was a tapered shape and did not look like the full shape they had on their website. It has the same graphic but the shape is totally different. Has anyone else had this problem? I guess this is what I get for buying online…

I am guessing it still has the usual BBS warning sticker and dot?

Others certainly have had issues with some countries or even some boards being different to what looks like it is size wise or as advertised on the brand website, but I also wonder if there are a couple of shapes of the same graphic and this is the "other" shape, or a more generic one, compared to the specific shovel shape I think of when I hear that.

Was it this one (even the pic doesn't look very shovel nose like - maybe a little full but not shovel):

https://limosineskateboards.com/products/snake-pit-8-25-shovel-nose

This is a pretty bad / extreme example of a "shovel nose" but this is more what I think of with that term:

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal

That Limosine deck (as per the sixth frame in this post) looks even less square than the usual shapes from some brands, like AWS / Habitat, FA / Hockey, etc.  A recent post of a couple of those boards, nose pic a bit blurry but it still shows the shape.

joaqp

Expand Quote
[close]

Others certainly have had issues with some countries or even some boards being different to what looks like it is size wise or as advertised on the brand website, but I also wonder if there are a couple of shapes of the same graphic and this is the "other" shape, or a more generic one, compared to the specific shovel shape I think of when I hear that.

Was it this one (even the pic doesn't look very shovel nose like - maybe a little full but not shovel):

This is a pretty bad / extreme example of a "shovel nose" but this is more what I think of with that term:

Yeah, I usually skate quasi/gx1000 which both have fuller noses so when I saw this shape out the box it surprised me. Comparing the website photo to my photo, it is definitely a different shape and is more similar to the other 8.25 board they have on their website.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I usually skate quasi/gx1000 which both have fuller noses so when I saw this shape out the box it surprised me. Comparing the website photo to my photo, it is definitely a different shape and is more similar to the other 8.25 board they have on their website.

It’s frustrating to not get what you want.

The board you did get looks really fucking good, to me, tho. Damn.

joaqp

@Ok
Haha, its a bummer but I’m going to try it out. Maybe this will change my preferences

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

That is nothing like the other pic they show!

At least skate it and see, but I would be sending them a polite message just asking about it anyway.

I have Baker and other BBS boards in about the 8.25 size that look pretty much like that, very tapered kicks not at all even remotely rounded or square.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
I see Toy Machine/Foundation is labeled as BBS for 2022, but have heard they were using random woodshops lately. Anyone know if they're back on track? I have a random urge to get a Fist graphic deck

https://toymachine.com/fists-8-25-ii.html

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
I see Toy Machine/Foundation is labeled as BBS for 2022, but have heard they were using random woodshops lately. Anyone know if they're back on track? I have a random urge to get a Fist graphic deck

I think it might be best to message them directly.

Being in AU, I have not much of an idea besides what people are posting, mainly BBS decks from Toy Machine more recently, but some US shops that are good at showing the tops like Skate Warehouse have a mix of PS Stix, BBS and even what looks like Clutch for the 8.0 Fists deck.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Toy_Machine_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKTOYMACH.html

Others might be able to help more though.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

Being in AU, I have not much of an idea besides what people are posting, mainly BBS decks from Toy Machine more recently, but some US shops that are good at showing the tops like Skate Warehouse have a mix of PS Stix, BBS and even what looks like Clutch for the 8.0 Fists deck.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Toy_Machine_Skateboard_Decks/catpage-DKTOYMACH.html

Further searching still doesn't come up with anything much.

The only thing I do seem to find is that the "team editions" of most of the boards are now from China, more than anywhere else, including here in AU, some in other places round the world and the one from the link in the UK here:

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/toy-machine-fists-large-skateboard-deck-825-x-32-park-street-ramp-green--griptape-23008-p.asp

Some of the pro boards are on BBS, many of the other pro boards are on PS Stix and all the rest including team boards and more generic graphics seems to be more from the China made boards, as is the same with a lot more companies lately.

I guess it is just cheaper for them to do specific boards on the good wood and all the rest on the other stuff, so if you do find one in a shop, check the top, or ask the shop person to check the top including where it was made, as per the warning sticker, or if there is anything else showing on it that would indicate where it was from.

From what I have seen:

Black / white warning stickers over bolts are BBS

Red / white warning sticker above bolts area, with laser engraving showing PS Stix

Generic warning sticker over bolts, sometimes in different colours and no "Made in..." is China.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Further searching still doesn't come up with anything much.

The only thing I do seem to find is that the "team editions" of most of the boards are now from China, more than anywhere else, including here in AU, some in other places round the world and the one from the link in the UK here:

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/toy-machine-fists-large-skateboard-deck-825-x-32-park-street-ramp-green--griptape-23008-p.asp

Some of the pro boards are on BBS, many of the other pro boards are on PS Stix and all the rest including team boards and more generic graphics seems to be more from the China made boards, as is the same with a lot more companies lately.

I guess it is just cheaper for them to do specific boards on the good wood and all the rest on the other stuff, so if you do find one in a shop, check the top, or ask the shop person to check the top including where it was made, as per the warning sticker, or if there is anything else showing on it that would indicate where it was from.

From what I have seen:

Black / white warning stickers over bolts are BBS

Red / white warning sticker above bolts area, with laser engraving showing PS Stix

Generic warning sticker over bolts, sometimes in different colours and no "Made in..." is China.

Amazing as always. Thanks for digging all this up! I might hold off unless I can check it out in person

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
Anybody had a frog, that they like?

I’m looking for an 8.5 deck, but the most important measurement isn’t the width: I just need the board to be close to 32”, but not greater than 32”. This rules out a lot of dlx shapes.

Baker would also be a go, seems like they make less b2s.

Anyways, if anyone has an 8.5 recommendation for a stranger, that’d be great. Thanks

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Amazing as always. Thanks for digging all this up! I might hold off unless I can check it out in person

Easy!

Just something else to note, as I forgot to mention it earlier.

As far as quality of the board, regardless of concave, others I know who do have these Toy Machine decks (and other brands that would come under "unknown" woodshop from China) have all said that those boards are comparable in quality and they had no issues with how they skated.

For me it is all about the woodshop press / concave of the end result, so if I got a board I was hoping was a certain concave but was something else, that is a deal breaker right there.

With those two things in mind, I know people who could easily get any board and still skate it well, but then I know myself, anything with different concave just feels weird and although it might be an excellent deck, it just wouldn't be a good skate for me for the whole time I am on it, as I had forced myself to skate a few boards like that in recent years, just to see what it was like.

Seeing something in person is always the best way, but it is getting increasingly harder for some people to go somewhere and stand on twenty boards to choose one, when compared to buying twenty online and maybe having a few perfect hits but a few near misses as well.

Good luck in your deck hunting anyway!