Poll

Does the woodshop a brand use for their decks impact your decision on buying a board?

Yes absolutely
485 (70.6%)
Yeah I guess a bit
163 (23.7%)
Indifferent either way
16 (2.3%)
Not really
12 (1.7%)
No never
11 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2024 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 165671 times)

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
I thought it would be the standard bbs 8.5 x 32 x 14.5 that frog and alltimers use, but it’s damn near identical, when they stack on top they fit together seamlessly. Maybe the uma is a tad flatter through the middle and is a bit longer. Here is a frog 8.5 side by side with the uma.  I ride crail go53 a lot and there is a creature shape I like, way more stiff but also longer lasting, Chinese wood shops have been solid for me.

juniormint

• Rep: 140
Came here to ask about Uma too, riding their 8.75 x 32.75 x 14.75, i think it’s from an old drop as I got it on sale.
Not sure if bbs but it has the dot but also a laser engraved logo. Feels like bbs to me. Anyway wanted to ask if anyone knew other companies using this 8.75 shape? I quite like it.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I thought it would be the standard bbs 8.5 x 32 x 14.5 that frog and alltimers use, but it’s damn near identical, when they stack on top they fit together seamlessly. Maybe the uma is a tad flatter through the middle and is a bit longer. Here is a frog 8.5 side by side with the uma.  I ride crail go53 a lot and there is a creature shape I like, way more stiff but also longer lasting, Chinese wood shops have been solid for me.

So good seeing those pics and hearing that info.

Been wondering if the concaves have been copied and now it seems like it has (as well as the DLX boards also being made in China to their specifications, concaves, etc too) so that is good, rather than just using generic presses for whatever brand when coming from BBS before.

Those usual 8.5 BBS shapes are really comfortable too, as well as the dimensions being fairly common across other brands / woodshops for the 8.5 x 32 with 14.5 wb.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Came here to ask about Uma too, riding their 8.75 x 32.75 x 14.75, i think it’s from an old drop as I got it on sale.
Not sure if bbs but it has the dot but also a laser engraved logo. Feels like bbs to me. Anyway wanted to ask if anyone knew other companies using this 8.75 shape? I quite like it.

Re Uma, I think that one would have been BBS as it was only a very limited run that was on China wood at first, maybe even more so just AU and Asia, with USA still being all BBS.  They all still had laser engraved UMA name with a little pic and size / dimensions on the BBS boards I saw in local shops here.

This post back on page 33 or so had all the info of shapes from Skatesamples.com which has the board listed as 8.75 x 32.625 with 14.75 wb, 7 nose and 6.625 tail

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.msg4016120#msg4016120

As to other brands, I don't know of many that use it, besides people recently saying Sci Fi has that same shape, but I wonder if checking Tactics or SW might help a bit with similar brands when searching the 8.75 size.  Also any shop boards that come from Generator / use BBS wood could also be that same shape, for another option anyway.

https://www.tactics.com/sci-fi-fantasy/spiritual-darkness-875-skateboard-deck

I saw from there others like Black Label, Heroin, Baker, Deathwish are shorter options, with the DLX 8.75 being almost there, but not quite.  Even the Tactics board is the same I think, but someone else would have to clarify that.

Of course if you have the option to buy from skatesamples.com they are there too, but that usually only works out well if you are in USA and buy a few or more at a time.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:14:02 PM by Woodshop »

juniormint

Good info as usual, thanks!

Yeah I’m in aus, so I think it is BBS. Just got finished with a sci fi 8.75, and they are definitely different, with the Uma being about a quarter inch longer overall which gives it a more generous tail which I like.

Thought the extra length would be too much, but honestly considering skating a 33’er after this.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Yeah I’m in aus, so I think it is BBS. Just got finished with a sci fi 8.75, and they are definitely different, with the Uma being about a quarter inch longer overall which gives it a more generous tail which I like.

Thought the extra length would be too much, but honestly considering skating a 33’er after this.

Interesting to hear the Uma board was shorter, but I guess that also rings true with their other board shapes I had looked at - the 8.38 had a shorter wheelbase, I seem to recall.

Definitely not economical to get any less than ten of the blanks at a time, which worked out about $70 to $80 or so each, shipping actually being more in total than the price of the wood, but that is just one of those things that any distributor / importer deals with in terms of bringing anything into Australia.  Having $700 to $800 to spare and waiting up to a month for the delivery would be too much for most people too.

They have probably already sold out now, but a Darkroom board I bought on sale was really good, similar dimensions too.  The only reason I hadn't mentioned it sooner is that they are finished and gone, so most likely no more around, but just in case, they are worth checking out in the bigger sizes.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy

I posted this in the DLX Shapes thread, but thought after seeing you ask about 8.75 boards, this one might be of interest.

Still got a Grosso 8.75 FULL board that is a beast compared to any other smaller board, but it is still a bit more normal than the 9" orange eagle.

This will take a while to get here to AU, but might be one to look out for anyway.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=85076.msg4112504#msg4112504

Anyone still keen on the 8.75 FULL shape???

Real Drop 2 for Fall is up with one there.

8.75 x 32.86 with a 14.7 wb, 7.2 nose and 6.62 tail

https://www.realskateboards.com/fall-2023/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

juniormint

Expand Quote

[close]

I posted this in the DLX Shapes thread, but thought after seeing you ask about 8.75 boards, this one might be of interest.

Still got a Grosso 8.75 FULL board that is a beast compared to any other smaller board, but it is still a bit more normal than the 9" orange eagle.

This will take a while to get here to AU, but might be one to look out for anyway.

Oh nice thanks, yeah that sounds good on paper. Would love to see a top view of that thing, I will keep my eyes out.

Phao Lo

• Rep: 54
Looks like latest Scumco drop is PS Stix

https://scumcoandsons.com

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I guess I am a little late on this
Has anyone had blanks from Canadaskateshop.com recently? From what i gather they used to be BBS, but now they are not because apparently they advertising them as BBS and shouldnt have been or something like that. Does anyone know where they are made and if they are any good?

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
The Zero decks I’m looking at, where a picture of the top is available looks like a mix of DSM R7 for team boards and most pro models have that BBS dimple stamped between the front truck bolt holes.
Some pro boards are also DSM R7.

I’m in Europe.

Wish they'd just tell on their website. Why FFS doesn’t everyone just post top and side photos of every board and provide us with their maker?
Why do we as consumers have to be detectives?
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
The Zero decks I’m looking at, where a picture of the top is available looks like a mix of DSM R7 for team boards and most pro models have that BBS dimple stamped between the front truck bolt holes.

I’m in Europe.

Wish they'd just tell on their website. Why FFS doesn’t everyone just post top and side photos of every board and provide us with their maker?

they are not always able to get boards from BBS so they have to go elsewhere unfortunately. that is the thing about buying from those brands that have the * beside their name... thats why i dont really bother unless its in person.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

I’m in Europe.

[close]

they are not always able to get boards from BBS so they have to go elsewhere unfortunately. that is the thing about buying from those brands that have the * beside their name... thats why i dont really bother unless its in person.

It has been like that here in AU for a while now, with no BBS or other similar wood in country, all the Zero boards being DSM or more recently (last few years) they have been on some unknown wood, much like Toy Machine and other brands, decks from China, weird concave and shapes that just don't feel that nice to me anyway, but I will gladly note I am a broken record when it comes to what I like and will ride, compared to other people out there, who ride a lot of boards I can not.

A friend bought in a few Zero boards not too long ago from a shop in USA and they were the same BBS 8.5 boards I have a lot of from other brands, so last I heard they were still using BBS in USA for their wood, but that could be old info now as well.

To be fair to certain companies that seem to have wood from anywhere or everywhere, depending on which country or area, not limited to or maybe not even relevant to Zero and their distribution network, but sometimes it is not even down to the company itself, but the licensing deals that mean whatever local distro in whichever country or continent can put the specific brand graphics via heat transfers on boards from where ever they want, or get them done in China and sent over here, skipping out on getting the good boards from USA that the brand uses there.

I understand that it is a cost saving measure, because BBS boards from Mexico, through USA then down here to AU take time and money to get here, compared to boards made in China and then sent directly from the manufacturer to the distribution warehouse in country.  Especially when they are not at all concerned as to the shape, concaves or the press / mold used for the boards.  Just get those boards with that brand graphic on them and ship them out ASAP!!!

Some other brands are increasingly doing this as well, including some well known brands that have used BBS in the past.
 DLX has also started making boards in China, which has always had boards made through BBS in Mexico.  The hiccup with a number of other companies that have been doing this for a while is the concave and feel of the boards change, so a BBS board will feel a certain way, then a generic press / mold board from China feels totally different.  In that regard, it seems like DLX is doing really good things there, using the same molds, but I am yet to see or skate anything from China from DLX.  That stock arrives in a few months, but I am keen, to say the least.

As to why brands and online shops do not put more info on their listings, for some, they have had a drop in sales from listing everything, which I can understand with a woodshop that is not desirable, which happened during covid times, 2020 and 2021 when some brands could not get their usual boards, so went with a cheaper / more available option at the time.  I don't have anything else to say about specific other brands of wood, good or bad, as it is personal opinion, but as per the poll here, 95% of these people prefer known wood and it shows with board sales sometimes.  I also know the general public is way less informed or knowledgeable about different woodshops, but people still know when a board is good or not and then don't buy another one from that brand if they didn't like the first one.

I would be very happy to see anyone and everyone listing where their boards come from, but generally, the warning sticker or other "Made in..." sticker is the best bet, with other laser etching info, or even just other sticker info on the board shrink, which often has dimensions and Made in China, or similar for some brands.

For now that will have to do for a lot of brands or shops, so unless you can get in to a shop in person, or even message / email / ask the shop for more info, pics of the tops, etc, then you are going to just have to wing it, so to speak. Boards I knew were changing dropped off my list, so if it is unknown, I have to see it in person first, even in a shop I am not going to buy from, before I will get that brand / graphic / shape of board.  Others I know and trust, I can buy online or sight unseen any time and be happy knowing what I am getting, but even with some boards, I still messaged asking specific questions in previous years.  If the shop responded, I would usually buy it, or at least buy something from that shop, but if the shop didn't reply, then I didn't buy anything from them at all.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Has anyone had blanks from Canadaskateshop.com recently? From what i gather they used to be BBS, but now they are not because apparently they advertising them as BBS and shouldnt have been or something like that. Does anyone know where they are made and if they are any good?

Almost missed replying this before, but I had meant to check what they actually have in stock now earlier, then got distracted.

They had a mix of a few woodshops actually - BBS, Clutch, China wood, then even something else Control or Woodchuck I think, but that doesn't mean a thing if they no longer have it in stock.

I think they have firmed up what they have now, but from looking at the nine deck listings, I feel like I am no closer to knowing which is which, but it also seems like some of those boards might be the remainder of old stock.

The other good thing is there are dimensions to everything, clearly shown on every listing.

The older "Steep and sturdy" shape was from China, or at least someone had posted the top laser etched graphic, but the listing for it looks different now, saying they are more mellow, which doesn't make sense.  Only 8 and 8.1 available.

The OG boards seem like they are BBS, so I guess they got over the previous issues, now happy again, etc.  Available in 8, 8.75 and 9.

Blunt shape, no idea, maybe Clutch with the top pic, but can't be certain it is with two somethings between bolts, but it could also be the size between the bottom bolts, as I had seen with a China board before.  Only available in 8 and 8.1 so maybe not of interest either.

Last one is the Bold shape, certain boards, in 8.5 or 8.75 and they are the ones I don't know - maybe Woodchuck, again dimensions listed, natural tops, one coloured middle ply and bottom ply.

Might not help much, but I think that is about where it is at right now anyway.

https://canadaskateshop.com/product-category/skateboard-decks/

So much on sale, so who knows what is going on there, but I know the guy used to reply to anyone, as per the older woodshop threads with other info.

Probably should have started with that, but not to worry.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
unsure if it has been said or not yet, but the recent toy machine re-issues (steamer, maldonado, b.a) are ps stix.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
Expand Quote
[close]

Almost missed replying this before, but I had meant to check what they actually have in stock now earlier, then got distracted.

They had a mix of a few woodshops actually - BBS, Clutch, China wood, then even something else Control or Woodchuck I think, but that doesn't mean a thing if they no longer have it in stock.

I think they have firmed up what they have now, but from looking at the nine deck listings, I feel like I am no closer to knowing which is which, but it also seems like some of those boards might be the remainder of old stock.

The other good thing is there are dimensions to everything, clearly shown on every listing.

The older "Steep and sturdy" shape was from China, or at least someone had posted the top laser etched graphic, but the listing for it looks different now, saying they are more mellow, which doesn't make sense.  Only 8 and 8.1 available.

The OG boards seem like they are BBS, so I guess they got over the previous issues, now happy again, etc.  Available in 8, 8.75 and 9.

Blunt shape, no idea, maybe Clutch with the top pic, but can't be certain it is with two somethings between bolts, but it could also be the size between the bottom bolts, as I had seen with a China board before.  Only available in 8 and 8.1 so maybe not of interest either.

Last one is the Bold shape, certain boards, in 8.5 or 8.75 and they are the ones I don't know - maybe Woodchuck, again dimensions listed, natural tops, one coloured middle ply and bottom ply.

Might not help much, but I think that is about where it is at right now anyway.

https://canadaskateshop.com/product-category/skateboard-decks/

So much on sale, so who knows what is going on there, but I know the guy used to reply to anyone, as per the older woodshop threads with other info.

Probably should have started with that, but not to worry.

I decided to just message myself! Why not right?

here's what he replied

Hey thanks for the interest. It’s generator/bbs for the OG shape and all the graphic decks. blunt shape blanks and the steep and sturdy blanks are made in China. I’ll be making all blanks at generator for next spring if all goes well.

Oh and the clothing with a K stuff is made in the same place as Dime and supreme. Made in Canada!

I am getting BBS boards really cheap right now but that will likely not last forever, so I want to have some backup in place. This is exactly what I was hoping for! If anything this has made me really curious to try the clothing.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

From the sale thread, re Element decks - some have it listed as BBS but some do not.

Still unsure whether new ones are BBS or China wood, but at last check all the Smokey Bear boards were BBS, then some others, but increasingly the newer ones are China wood, but this could also change depending on drops, different places round the world, etc.

Those ones were the pricepoint BBS wood over here in AU when I saw them, then the next time they were all on China wood which had the other usual China laser engraving info, so it is interesting to see they were still BBS for those ones.

Did that pic have natural top or is it yellow?  Kinda looks natural, but as you said, only top ply stained and I know when I take pics of boards, the lighter stains show the laser engraving a lot better than the darker stains.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So just a heads up. Got my clearance element decks today. A whole 2 weeks to ship and a week to make it here to the east coast. No free grip

They were BBS as listed. Only the top ply is dyed. Super mellow concave with steep kicks

[close]

Did you get the one that says 100 % wood or 100% maple. There are a few 8.25s im looking at and was trying to make sure how to tell which ones are BBS.
[close]

Product description specifically said bbs under details
https://www.elementbrand.com/camo-cabourn-seal-skateboard-deck-194844099501.html

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
has anyone skated a limosine board (specifically the 9”)?

does all of the arty things detract from the boards performance?

I had not actually looked, but it seems they do go above and beyond with cool stuff, even the specific ply colours, some of those boards being all coloured ply layers, some slick, some just graphic with pearl overlay, etc.

Going by that, besides having a slick bottom on one, I don't think the rest of the other things would make any difference to skating it but it might be a little more slidey with some things, then very slidey with the slick bottom.

Also having all their dimensions on their side is a plus and that 9.0 x 33.25 with 14.8 wb is a different one too, unless they just measured the inside holes to make it a shorter wheelbase and it is still the normal 15" BBS wheelbase.

https://limosineskateboards.com/

https://limosineskateboards.com/products/copy-of-snake-pit-slick-bottom

Digital Print With Negative Opacities To Reveal Black Wood Grain In Upper Image(Trees) With Pearl Coat Over Bottom Image (Water)

VENEERS 2-6 DYED GREEN , TOP PLY ESPRESSO

Available in:

8.38" x 31.89"

14.20" Wheelbase

8.5" x 32.25"
14.40" Wheelbase

9.0" x 33.25"
14.8" Wheelbase

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Expand Quote
has anyone skated a limosine board (specifically the 9”)?

does all of the arty things detract from the boards performance?
[close]

I had not actually looked, but it seems they do go above and beyond with cool stuff, even the specific ply colours, some of those boards being all coloured ply layers, some slick, some just graphic with pearl overlay, etc.

Going by that, besides having a slick bottom on one, I don't think the rest of the other things would make any difference to skating it but it might be a little more slidey with some things, then very slidey with the slick bottom.

Also having all their dimensions on their side is a plus and that 9.0 x 33.25 with 14.8 wb is a different one too, unless they just measured the inside holes to make it a shorter wheelbase and it is still the normal 15" BBS wheelbase.

https://limosineskateboards.com/

https://limosineskateboards.com/products/copy-of-snake-pit-slick-bottom

Digital Print With Negative Opacities To Reveal Black Wood Grain In Upper Image(Trees) With Pearl Coat Over Bottom Image (Water)

VENEERS 2-6 DYED GREEN , TOP PLY ESPRESSO

Available in:

8.38" x 31.89"

14.20" Wheelbase

8.5" x 32.25"
14.40" Wheelbase

9.0" x 33.25"
14.8" Wheelbase

cool enough company, and i saw cyrus skate in person, when he was a little kid, some local contest. he was incredible, and had just started. it was shocking.
the company is maybe a little too cool for me, didn’t go out of my way to check for em, but wanted a big board and that came up.
looking at their details….it’s kinda neat

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
I had a creature with all green ply’s over a decade ago. I never saw another one like it. These look sick.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
I had a creature with all green ply’s over a decade ago. I never saw another one like it. These look sick.

I wonder if they are dipped in green dye after pressing, or all dyed pre pressing.

Seem to recall those Creature ones had a very thin layer of green all round the edges, but not right through - different to the usual dipped (all over sprayed boards) they put out for ages too.

Any which way, it is unique, that one with brown top and rest green, another one with charcoal / grey right through, etc.

Sure does look fascinating to me too.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
Expand Quote
[close]

I wonder if they are dipped in green dye after pressing, or all dyed pre pressing.

Seem to recall those Creature ones had a very thin layer of green all round the edges, but not right through - different to the usual dipped (all over sprayed boards) they put out for ages too.

Any which way, it is unique, that one with brown top and rest green, another one with charcoal / grey right through, etc.

Sure does look fascinating to me too.

they charge a premium.
being a mega dork maybe i’d be more hyped for premium wood hoping that would = premium ollies.

but. the doing something different is sick. i was stoked on the early fa stuff because it was different/fun. this is too.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
I could have swore there was a thing called enjoi rainbow ply where the ply’s were 7 different colors, but I couldn’t find any evidence of it. Maybe I imagined it.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
I could have swore there was a thing called enjoi rainbow ply where the ply’s were 7 different colors, but I couldn’t find any evidence of it. Maybe I imagined it.

No not imagined.

I used to see them all the time on the Enjoi lettering boards, big bold text on white background maybe an umbrella in the lettering or something.

Spectrum might have been in the product name, but nothing came up in searches for me either.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

An interesting thread, "Woodshop experiences" is somewhere people can really let loose on different woodshops, more so than a more information based thread like this one.

Give it a crack!

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=128492.0

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh nice thanks, yeah that sounds good on paper. Would love to see a top view of that thing, I will keep my eyes out.

Easier to see from the product shop pic rather than taking pics of my board at home.

Click on the pic for the full size, as it is scaled down, or the direct link to the board listing.

https://www.tactics.com/real/guerroro-barnelco-x-real-875-full-shape-skateboard-deck

SPECS
SIZE   8.75
CENTER WIDTH (IN):   8.75
LENGTH (IN):   32.86
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.7
NOSE (IN):   7.25
TAIL (IN):   6.75

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
Looks like latest Scumco drop is PS Stix

https://scumcoandsons.com

I posted the shaped one in the setup thread last week if you want a closer look. I think it's a smaller run so if anyone is interested I wouldn't wait, radio only had one of each plus an extra shaped one they pulled for me. Each graphic only has one size, so like the 8.25 is the Downey (same shape and dimensions as quasi/doomsayers). I fucking love the one I got. Great dudes, one of the best companies in skateboarding, and the absolute best reflection of rust belt skate life out there.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
My sister got me a glow in the dark boardpusher board for my birthday, she pulled a graphic from my instagram, and while it isn't how I would have applied the graphic, It is one of her better graphics. She also got the right size which... I'll have to ask her about later.

Anyway, I love a custom board, but never ordered from BP. They have some fun options, like the previously mentioned glow-in-the-dark, but also silver foil, holographic and woodgrain. Decks are 7 ply natural veneer.

This is from the site page "Deck info and Quality" https://www.boardpusher.com/shop/skateboard-decks

- 100% Canadian Maple, the best wood for making skateboards, period.
- Made in Canada, right at the source of the best wood there is for making skateboards: Canadian Maple. We don't cut any corners. This is the best there is.
- Printed in Denver, Colorado. Your graphic is digitally printed and applied by hand, using BoardPusher's unique Digital Heat Transfer process.
- Guaranteed to match our online preview.

They also have a nice little shape guide here:
https://www.boardpusher.com/custom-skateboards/shapes/

There are a few other woodshops in Canada other than control. My previous control boards had a "made in canada" sticker and a number "2" embossed on the top. It is really flat in the middle, me decently concaved on the side. The nose and tail are about average.

Pictures

For concave reference
Element - BP - Sci-Fi

glow!

Haveyouseenhim

• Rep: 5
I recently bought some element deck and there are several that are from HLC and others from China. Can they be Excel?
given the engraving of 100% Premium North American Maple, there is some cheap deals with this brand,is crazy

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
I recently bought some element deck and there are several that are from HLC and others from China. Can they be Excel?
given the engraving of 100% Premium North American Maple, there is some cheap deals with this brand,is crazy

Re Element boards of unknown origin from China - there is a good chance they could be from there, but there is also a good chance they could be from somewhere else in China, as there are so many places now doing boards.

The completes that came in a box had info for Excel on them, so they were confirmed, but I really don't know.

DSM (Dwindle) are a much stiffer board, so not there, when comparing a lot of DSM boards to other China made boards.

Other somewhat known woodshops like Dalian Huahong Sports Tool Co., Ltd, Zhongshan Jeeping Wooden Industrial & Sport Co., Ltd, and as you said, Excel don't have a specific product I could say were this or that, the way other non Asian woodshops are a lot easier to identify, which is why I usually just put "China" when there is a "Made in China" sticker on it, but not a confirmation of where or which woodshop it comes from.

There seem like so many woodshops in China now too, finding more every other time I do a search, but as to which ones are making a lot more boards, compared to others, I don't have enough information to provide any more details.