Poll

How do you see the twin tip deck market in 5 to 10 years?

Come on...it's just a stupid fashion!
Twin tip & traditional popsicle decks will live happy together.
It's the future! Shut up and take my money!

Author Topic: Twin tip and you? POLL : the deck market in 5 to 10 years?  (Read 3761 times)

Solex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Twin tip and you? POLL : the deck market in 5 to 10 years?
« on: April 13, 2022, 03:07:45 PM »
Hi pals!

Just curious. Whether you tried or not, what's your thought about twin tip boards?

Stuff oriented twin tip boards thread :
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.0

OLD POLL RESULT :

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 12:38:03 PM by Solex »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Poll - Twin tip and you?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 03:14:33 PM »
i need a nose
tried em twice and couldnt get around it
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 03:41:20 PM »
Tried one symmetrical board and found myself needing to put a sticker on one side to designate a nose and a tail for my sanity’s sake

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 04:22:01 PM »
I don't really care but I cringe when Chris Roberts would say "Twin paddle"

Whats he paddling ..  not a fan or twin tip either

I've never referred to the tail of a skateboard as a tip or a paddle

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 04:24:43 PM »
It changed my skate life, I will not go back, but I also can't find the perfect stuff

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 05:37:36 PM »
It changed my skate life, I will not go back, but I also can't find the perfect stuff

I’ve skated a lot of the REAL twin tail ishods and those were great but I’m into different shapes now

My dream is a 8.5 Quasi twin nose with 14.25 wheelbase

They just released an 8.25 so we’ll see if they have an 8.5 in the pipeline

My biggest gripe with them is tails are usually too small, too flat and the wheelbase on them is too long for me

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 06:05:46 PM »
8”
14 or 14.1
6.6 kicks

Someone make it plz (crailtap)

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 06:49:17 PM »
Ishod's twin tall is great I would keep it for my popsicle forever but it's not always in stock. I keep the trucks the same, it doesn't matter what side I jump on. Crob's is booboo had to change my trucks and pick a side.

I'd like to try a twin egg but I also don't want to

Dimitrov

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 07:04:17 PM »
I love the symmetry these boards started to be a thing right when I started riding my truck symmetrical I love that real talk though it's not that big of a deal for me to skate an asymetrical board I just like this symmetrical ones

Dan Gerous

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2022, 07:07:59 PM »
8”
14 or 14.1
6.6 kicks

Someone make it plz (crailtap)

Not exactly the numbers you are after but close, Quasi's new Justin Henry Mirror Twin is available in two sizes, the smaller one is a 8.125 with a 14.125 WB, tails are in that 6.6 range too.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2022, 07:39:15 PM »

This. I don't have a real switch game but it has made me not care about some tricks I tended to do off the nose and made me realize it doesn't matter....plus not worrying about which is way is what, while taking a bit to get used to, is really nice and more freeing than you think. Just one less thing to worry about.

I'd love an 8.25" squared off shape (a smaller suciu).

I think it's part of [so called] humor; he thinks it's funny because it stirs people up...like his trash I ride Thunders but I'm on Indy 'gag'...

Twin nose/tail, kicks or symmetrical is fine.

Solex

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 11:25:14 PM »
I guess no poll is parfect either! :D

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 06:59:43 AM »

I thought he called it paddle because the dimensions are in between a full nose/ tail

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 95
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2022, 07:09:09 AM »
Definitely prefer it for certain shapes like an egg for instance, but for popsicle boards I can't really be bothered.
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

IpathCats

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2022, 08:40:49 AM »
I absolutely love the 8.3 Bobby/ishod shape. The longer wb really works for me. I'm not great at switch so I guess I'm not really using it as intended, but I enjoy the feel of the slightly larger tail and slightly smaller nose, the whole thing feels great and I've never been as comfortable on anything else. I'll ride this shape till it goes away. Now I just need to vanquish my truck madness. (yea right)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2022, 09:21:00 AM »
I absolutely love the 8.3 Bobby/ishod shape. The longer wb really works for me. I'm not great at switch so I guess I'm not really using it as intended, but I enjoy the feel of the slightly larger tail and slightly smaller nose, the whole thing feels great and I've never been as comfortable on anything else. I'll ride this shape till it goes away. Now I just need to vanquish my truck madness. (yea right)

That's always been one major draw for me, I hate big noses from an aesthetic pov, and have never found a need for them, moreso after riding symmetrical boards. Who honestly needs a 6.875-7" nose?

What does it truly accomplish? It doesn't improve my ollies in any way, a lower krook angle maybe? But my krooks are fine using a tail. Nose blunt tricks? Serious question.

As someone who used to do certain tricks off the nose (e.g., fakie bigs/fakie big heels, even pop shuvs, especially F/S) I
*thought* I needed to do them off the nose, but I don't anymore. Were they easier? I honestly don't remember, but I really like the idea of being able to come out fakie, pop one, and go about my biz as usual without thinking which way to setup my board for the next trick.

somefucker

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 09:35:23 AM »
symmetrical egg from heroin was my favorite board......ever

that being said its nice to take a break, i have a 8.5 krooked now that has been better to me than most boards as of late

IpathCats

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 10:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's always been one major draw for me, I hate big noses from an aesthetic pov, and have never found a need for them, moreso after riding symmetrical boards. Who honestly needs a 6.875-7" nose?

What does it truly accomplish? It doesn't improve my ollies in any way, a lower krook angle maybe? But my krooks are fine using a tail. Nose blunt tricks? Serious question.

As someone who used to do certain tricks off the nose (e.g., fakie bigs/fakie big heels, even pop shuvs, especially F/S) I
*thought* I needed to do them off the nose, but I don't anymore. Were they easier? I honestly don't remember, but I really like the idea of being able to come out fakie, pop one, and go about my biz as usual without thinking which way to setup my board for the next trick.

Totally agree. regardless of symmetry, I just feel like this is the appropriate size for nose and tails. I feel like i have to force all my flip tricks on Hockey/Quasi boards with those giant noses. And I enjoy the larger tail for tailslides, I'm not great at them but they seem easier on this deck.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 11:03:22 AM »
When I was younger before I had any switch tricks I thought it would be a great idea, but now that I'm older I've tried them and have noticed that it doesn't work as well for switch skating as skating off a slightly longer nose does. Maybe if I spent a good amount of time with one and let myself get used to it it would work better but considering how infrequently I skate twin tails I just ended up excluding skating switch with it. Also I'll instinctively regard one side of the board as the front and the other as the back even though they're technically interchangeable, perhaps it's because of the slight difference in truck tightness between the two sides. Although when I was poorer and couldn't afford buying new boards very often it would be nice because if I chipped or razortailed one end of the board I could just switch to the other side and get another few weeks to a month out of it.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2022, 11:59:00 AM »
Long nose works better on nollie stuff, short nose works for switch…..thank god I’m bad at both….

More than anything twin board last longer because I can razor the nose and the tail, plus they are shove machines….

I wish the wheelbases on the DLX ones were smaller but ishod’s a big lanky insanely good skater so I can see why he doesn’t  give a shit…..

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2022, 12:44:00 PM »
Twin tip and not me. Nose's gotta be longer than tail. And look like a nose.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2022, 01:25:16 PM »
I am on my third consecutive Neen Twin Nose and will continue to ride twins if I find an 8.5 with a shallow concave.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2022, 02:00:05 PM »
I am on my third consecutive Neen Twin Nose and will continue to ride twins if I find an 8.5 with a shallow concave.

If you can’t find the neen look to the foy, tho it is a bit smaller all around except for width.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you can’t find the neen look to the foy, tho it is a bit smaller all around except for width.

I‘ll def. look out for it, thanks bruh.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2022, 04:19:07 PM »
*just the tip*

It's something I'd fucking love to try, but there are too many other considerations I put before it. Shape (wide and long boards, like 9.15x33.6x14.75 phawt type shit), woodshop, and graphics (90% of which I loathe). If I could get twin tail on top of all that I definitely wood.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2022, 06:10:18 PM »
Bought a Quasi twin tail (Justin Henry 8.375) and hated it. 3 sessions in and I went and bought a shop deck from my local. Not my cup of tea personally.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2022, 06:52:27 PM »
Bought a Quasi twin tail (Justin Henry 8.375) and hated it. 3 sessions in and I went and bought a shop deck from my local. Not my cup of tea personally.

Was it the fact that it's a twin or was it something else? Curious as I'm eyeing this deck.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2022, 09:37:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was it the fact that it's a twin or was it something else? Curious as I'm eyeing this deck.

I'm a big fan of Quasi's 8.375 usually, I think it was really the fact that it's a twin. The board is 1/2 inch shorter than the usual 8.375 Quasi, so it felt pretty short for me. The concave and wheelbase was your typical Quasi though, if you're into twin tails I don't think you can go wrong.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2022, 10:12:12 PM »
Yeah with a twin shape, the wheelbase is even more
of a factor because a traditional tail  is shorter than a nose.

Really don’t mean this to be a plug but if anyone here curious to try a twin shape that’s never tried one, shoot us a DM on IG. Want to contribute to this community in some way. We can offer a generous discount
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:24:08 PM by Paul_Glider Skateboards »

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

Solex

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 06:18:55 AM »
I didn't expect so many votes, that's cool!

I think I'll push a new poll. Maybe something about twin nose/tail/hybrid preference.