Author Topic: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style boards)  (Read 35868 times)

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
Re: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style boards)
« Reply #570 on: September 05, 2023, 08:31:49 AM »
New products up on the heated wheel site - cork top polarizer and Peter Hewitt fiber rider

They’re offering completes now too

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #571 on: September 05, 2023, 11:20:10 AM »
New products up on the heated wheel site - cork top polarizer and Peter Hewitt fiber rider

So much good shit in there.  Thanks for pointing that out.

The cork top is next level:

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #572 on: October 13, 2023, 01:04:06 PM »
who is behind swivel device?

very HW inspired stuff

https://www.instagram.com/swiveldevice

Heshrat

• Rep: -11
« Reply #573 on: December 11, 2023, 04:38:26 PM »
Anyone just place these down instead of running and throwing them down lol? When I do that it always flips or bounces and I twist myself up lol
I did your mom

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #574 on: December 11, 2023, 05:25:46 PM »
yeah, they can be hard to throw down on.

i've been kicking them out in front and getting a running start, still can end up twisted or getting off to one side while landing one foot and trying to push in the same motion.

Heshrat

• Rep: -11
« Reply #575 on: December 11, 2023, 10:01:51 PM »
yeah, they can be hard to throw down on.

i've been kicking them out in front and getting a running start, still can end up twisted or getting off to one side while landing one foot and trying to push in the same motion.
I’m loving getting more comfortable on them though, I’m a size 12. 6,2” guy so it’s def sketch
I did your mom

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #576 on: January 06, 2024, 07:20:22 PM »
I got a Hewitt Fiber rider a couple months ago. Only been riding it around my slightly sloped driveway but it’s so fun. Bouncy ride and tight carves, makes the polarizer feel stiff.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 08:07:14 PM by sharkin »

fls.dcht

• Rep: 4
« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2024, 11:51:10 AM »
I've been carving around on a mini cruiser w/ 106mm Racetrack X slalom trucks for the past couple years; hella fun. Currently in the process of cutting down an old longboard roughly to polarizer specs. Mounted some Bont trucks w/ 78a bushings on it. Can't wait to swivel on this thing.

Can anyone comment on whether the Hewitt Fiber Rider would have much flex under my measly 115 lbs? If so I mean to snap one up on the next drop. If not, I might hit up Scott at Assembly/Moon Patrol and see about a custom fiber deck w/ fewer plies than standard.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2024, 08:25:48 AM »
Can anyone comment on whether the Hewitt Fiber Rider would have much flex under my measly 115 lbs?

Yes, it is flexy and sexy. Hewitt himself is probably 140 lbs soaking wet but even stepping on it with half my weight it flexes quite a bit

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #579 on: January 22, 2024, 03:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Can anyone comment on whether the Hewitt Fiber Rider would have much flex under my measly 115 lbs?
[close]

Yes, it is flexy and sexy. Hewitt himself is probably 140 lbs soaking wet but even stepping on it with half my weight it flexes quite a bit

My homie has one and is a small man, still flexes like hell, really fun board.

Also Orchard has tons of polarizers on sale right now!
https://orchardshop.com/collections/all-sale-items
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

SorryReallySorryDVD

• Rep: 10
« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2024, 10:34:52 AM »
I cut this out yesterday and just went on my first sail with it. Soooooo fun. I was able to go around the center circle of a small basketball court with no wheelbite.

image upload

8.5 Heated Wheel deck cut into a 6 x 27 Polarizer shape. I traced over a Polarizer in Illustrator to get the template, then rescaled it to the right size and printed it out. It has a 15 inch wheelbase, 18.5 axle to axle.

Heated Wheel trucks with stock top bushing on the bottom, soft Pig top bushing, Bones flat washer, and I swapped the stock kingpin for a 3/8-24 x2 hex cap bolt from the hardware store. The new kingpin is so much better now that it fits a skate tool.

Mini Logo AWOL 55mm 80A
Bones Big Balls
7/8 Phillips
Jessup NBD

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: February 05, 2024, 10:59:27 AM »
nice! did you have to use a new lock nut on the bottom too? that looks thicker than the ones that come stock

I'm tempted to do this but also don't really adjust my trucks now that they're dialed in and locked with the nut

SorryReallySorryDVD

« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2024, 12:25:21 PM »
Nope, same lock nut that came with the trucks.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2024, 03:13:59 PM »
I cut this out yesterday and just went on my first sail with it. Soooooo fun. I was able to go around the center circle of a small basketball court with no wheelbite.

image upload

8.5 Heated Wheel deck cut into a 6 x 27 Polarizer shape. I traced over a Polarizer in Illustrator to get the template, then rescaled it to the right size and printed it out. It has a 15 inch wheelbase, 18.5 axle to axle.

Heated Wheel trucks with stock top bushing on the bottom, soft Pig top bushing, Bones flat washer, and I swapped the stock kingpin for a 3/8-24 x2 hex cap bolt from the hardware store. The new kingpin is so much better now that it fits a skate tool.

Mini Logo AWOL 55mm 80A
Bones Big Balls
7/8 Phillips
Jessup NBD

That looks fantastic.  How do you like those wheels, by the way?  Are they Rough Rider/Skate Aid adjacent?

SorryReallySorryDVD

« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2024, 07:28:06 AM »
That looks fantastic.  How do you like those wheels, by the way?  Are they Rough Rider/Skate Aid adjacent?

Thanks. I like them a lot. Fast, grippy and smooth. No chunking. And I got them for $30. I’ve never had Rough Riders, but they use the same formula and the RR 56s have the same width as the AWOL 55s  according to the Bones and Mini Logo sites. The only difference I can see is that the AWOLs have a smaller core, or at least less is showing.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #585 on: February 06, 2024, 09:42:01 AM »

image upload

Mini Logo AWOL 55mm 80A
Bones Big Balls
7/8 Phillips
Jessup NBD

That’s rad especially since it’s a cut down HW. 🫡

Tireeedd

• Rep: 81
« Reply #586 on: February 06, 2024, 06:29:14 PM »

image upload

Mini Logo AWOL 55mm 80A
Bones Big Balls
7/8 Phillips
Jessup NBD

everything except the jessup, like yowza

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2024, 06:03:21 AM »
Okay I think I’m gonna bite and get one of the completes to mess around on while I’m healing from a knee injury, question is do I get the bank mauler complete or the regular polarizer complete? Some background? I live in Austin Texas so some decent ditches and whatnot, but I’d prolly be using this mostly to cruise around my neighborhood on the sidewalk and peoples driveways on my way to get beer from the local corner store, and possibly to warm up at spots when I’m over this knee stuff, I live in an area with rough asphalt roads, are the wheels soft enough? Or should I invest in something of better quality? These things look super fun and while I’m semi injured it seems like a cool alternative to keep my mind off shit
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2024, 06:46:58 AM »
Okay I think I’m gonna bite and get one of the completes to mess around on while I’m healing from a knee injury, question is do I get the bank mauler complete or the regular polarizer complete? Some background? I live in Austin Texas so some decent ditches and whatnot, but I’d prolly be using this mostly to cruise around my neighborhood on the sidewalk and peoples driveways on my way to get beer from the local corner store, and possibly to warm up at spots when I’m over this knee stuff, I live in an area with rough asphalt roads, are the wheels soft enough? Or should I invest in something of better quality? These things look super fun and while I’m semi injured it seems like a cool alternative to keep my mind off shit

I haven’t ridden a bank mauler but if I were you I would get a traditional polarizer with rough riders and enjoy the ride!! If you dig that, cop a bank mauler later.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2024, 07:09:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven’t ridden a bank mauler but if I were you I would get a traditional polarizer with rough riders and enjoy the ride!! If you dig that, cop a bank mauler later.

Preeeeeesh, yea I think that’s the plan, can’t wait to get squirrelly
You want some queso?”

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2024, 05:38:09 PM »
Would be so sick if the Phasecasters were on point.  Fingers crossed they get there.

Haven’t ridden a typical polarizer yet (it’s at the top of my list), but the Bank Mauler rules.  It’s definitely more stable than a smaller setup would be, but the turning is still super surfy.  It really does feel great in ditch settings.  I mainly use it as a crusier day-to-day and it’s also perfect for that.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #591 on: February 08, 2024, 06:49:00 AM »
I’m really interested in the fiber rider, I may just get that and build myself a custom complete rather than buying a complete set, I want something zip zinger ish but still polarizer and that black and teal fiber rider is looking pretty buttery, prolly still get the HW truck but Frankenstein them at the local hardware store with a grade 8 bolt or something, and use the bones AWOLs or RRS depending on what I decide for a color scheme, appreciate any other suggestions or advice as well, haven’t been this hyped picking out a skateboard since I was a little kid
You want some queso?”

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2024, 12:19:25 PM »
here's some pics of my fiber rider since i don't think anyone's put some up yet

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2024, 07:14:42 PM »
Fell down the rabbit hole which led me here. And so it begins 😃.

Fuck yeah. That shits clean af. Love it
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #594 on: February 12, 2024, 07:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So much good shit in there.  Thanks for pointing that out.

The cork top is next level:

I lo ve this stuff.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #595 on: February 29, 2024, 03:02:52 PM »

Just took my inaugural spin on my Polarizer. Went with the complete kit from Heated Wheel and I'm super happy how it came out. The water color graphic looks really nice.

It's totally freaky just pumping around on such a small board. There's a little alley behind my apartment with some mini banks and bollards to slalom through, had a good ol time.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #596 on: February 29, 2024, 10:50:39 PM »
Nice rig, Bart.  Looks fun.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #597 on: February 29, 2024, 11:40:43 PM »

Just took my inaugural spin on my Polarizer. Went with the complete kit from Heated Wheel and I'm super happy how it came out. The water color graphic looks really nice.

It's totally freaky just pumping around on such a small board. There's a little alley behind my apartment with some mini banks and bollards to slalom through, had a good ol time.

Yeah I can still bash around a parking lot squeezing turns into parking spaces and have the best time

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #598 on: March 01, 2024, 03:09:04 PM »
Cross post: Just added a complete kit if you want to get your hands on a polarizer for cheap. If you're a pal I can do lower.

https://www.depop.com/whatnotandwhathaveyou/
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #599 on: March 02, 2024, 09:09:54 AM »
My friend is closing his shop down so snagged the HW trucks and deck I've been eyeing up for a couple of months. Is 55/56 the right size wheel? I've got some 60mm Super Juice here.