Author Topic: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style boards)  (Read 38779 times)

Dwyck and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Get bent
Re: POLARIZER THREAD (60s/70s style boards)
« Reply #630 on: May 13, 2024, 11:16:35 AM »
Copped one second hand off a PAL (thanks pugmaster) it should be arriving today, it’s kinda shitty outside right now so I prolly won’t be able to skate it, but I’m super excited to build this thing, prolly gonna go with  a 19” wheelbase, sure grips with oj super juice minis I think 55mm and yellow, such a good come up (for real thanks again pugmaster), gonna be cruising around on my bike with this thing in the basket looking for sweet ass parking lots to get funky in while I’m rehabbing my knee! See y’all in the streets!
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #631 on: May 13, 2024, 11:18:15 AM »
Copped one second hand off a PAL (thanks pugmaster) it should be arriving today, it’s kinda shitty outside right now so I prolly won’t be able to skate it, but I’m super excited to build this thing, prolly gonna go with  a 19” wheelbase, sure grips with oj super juice minis I think 55mm and yellow, such a good come up (for real thanks again pugmaster), gonna be cruising around on my bike with this thing in the basket looking for sweet ass parking lots to get funky in while I’m rehabbing my knee! See y’all in the streets!

It’ll be dope either way but Rough Riders are the truth.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #632 on: May 13, 2024, 12:11:38 PM »
Anyone swapped to softer bushings on the Heated Wheel trucks? I know the bones mediums work for Suregrips, do they work for the HW polarizer trucks?

I casn't quite get the turn where I want it, I have the adjustment about as loose as I dare.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #633 on: May 13, 2024, 02:29:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’ll be dope either way but Rough Riders are the truth.

Fa sho, I bought this as a complete, so if the wheels are lacking maybe I’ll switch them out either way I’m hyped
You want some queso?”

Sikost

• Rep: 0
« Reply #634 on: May 15, 2024, 01:58:49 PM »
Anyone swapped to softer bushings on the Heated Wheel trucks? I know the bones mediums work for Suregrips, do they work for the HW polarizer trucks?

I casn't quite get the turn where I want it, I have the adjustment about as loose as I dare.

Yes I swap my HW bushings and also the pivot cups!
Bones medium + powerdyne Yellow on back truck.
Bones soft + Bont 78A bushings on front trucks.
Pivot cup switched to Sure Grip cup!

GURNR

« Reply #635 on: May 18, 2024, 10:12:11 AM »
Anyone in New York City into riding legit polarizers? Maybe someone down for meet up at Golconda??

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #636 on: May 26, 2024, 08:36:05 AM »
Have been ripping mine around the neighborhood the past couple of weeks and have had seriously the time of my life, I have a bunch of banked driveways in my hood and I’ve been zipping around causing ruckus and terrorizing the locals pups on their walks, so much fun, this weekend me and my girl went to her parents in in fredricksburg and I went to a thrift and I found some Chicago plates and I spent the day cutting them off the boots, the bushings are toast but it seems like the pivots are metal on metal?? Super weird but I’m gonna get the truck off the plates completely and see what I can do with them, maybe I’ll make a second setup and really cause some issues
You want some queso?”

fernando the skater

• Rep: 127
« Reply #637 on: May 29, 2024, 11:07:49 AM »
Peter Hewitt, switch, and on 60mm, 80a, Spitfire super wides.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #638 on: May 29, 2024, 11:38:52 AM »
Peter Hewitt, switch, and on 60mm, 80a, Spitfire super wides.

That run looks so damn fun. Taking it switch is gnarly though.

His post hitting that run on the fiber rider with the green rough riders is what sold me on the polarizer in the first place.

420beers

• Rep: 5
« Reply #639 on: May 29, 2024, 02:48:10 PM »

Might be a fried question but I’m just tryna loosen my heated wheel trucks and wanted to know if this is how it should look? The washers are rattling and someone on here said to get the bottom nut flush with the baseplate and I just wanna make sure I’m doing this right before it all falls apart on me haha

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #640 on: May 29, 2024, 05:14:45 PM »

Might be a fried question but I’m just tryna loosen my heated wheel trucks and wanted to know if this is how it should look? The washers are rattling and someone on here said to get the bottom nut flush with the baseplate and I just wanna make sure I’m doing this right before it all falls apart on me haha

It doesnt *technically* look wrong but that gap between the washer and kingpin head doesn't look right... Maybe once you ride it'll fill in some of that space but I wouldn't want that much of a gap or for my polarizer trucks to potentially rattle

https://theheatedwheel.com/pages/polarizer-trucks-adjustment-guide

fernando the skater

« Reply #641 on: May 30, 2024, 01:03:32 AM »

Loosen up the nut at the bottom. Tighten the bolt to where you want it to be (think of it like the nut in normal trucks, so you're a bit loose at the moment). Then tighten up the nut at the bottom.

Sikost

« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2024, 01:11:00 PM »
Just received the Fiber Rider, super funky!!!

Changed the HW trucks bushings and pivot cups right away with the classic recipe back trucks Bones med/Powerdyne purple and front truck Bones soft/Bont 78 + Suregrip cups!

boneless900

• Rep: 63
« Reply #643 on: June 02, 2024, 08:48:03 AM »
What size riser pads are y'all using ?

I haven't got my setup put together yet but lil jawns has pola-risers designed to fit heated wheel trucks. I might give em a go if the 60mm superwides spits I got are too big, but I saw Hewitt use the that size wheel on ig so I'm hoping I can get away with 3 washers inside and no riser. Nice to have the option for fitted risers now though

Edit: the 60mm superwides work on heated wheel trucks if you put 3 washers inside
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 02:34:41 PM by boneless900 »

boneless900

• Rep: 63
« Reply #644 on: June 06, 2024, 10:25:32 AM »
60mm superwides spits, quantum metallics, heated wheel trucks, MPI reissue deck (?) it's a 29" long and the axle-axle wb is ~19.5".

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #645 on: June 06, 2024, 10:36:13 AM »
60mm superwides spits, quantum metallics, heated wheel trucks, MPI reissue deck (?) it's a 29" long and the axle-axle wb is ~19.5".

*chef’s kiss
You want some queso?”

AlSharpton

• Rep: 3
« Reply #646 on: June 06, 2024, 05:55:59 PM »
New boards up on HW. Already have  polarizer but I wanted to try the fiber rider.

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/polarizers

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #647 on: June 06, 2024, 06:05:08 PM »
Do it, but beware.. it’s hard going back.
I don’t really ride my polarizer anymore since getting the fiber rider.

AlSharpton

• Rep: 3
« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2024, 06:38:16 PM »
Do it, but beware.. it’s hard going back.
I don’t really ride my polarizer anymore since getting the fiber rider.

I’m pretty pumped. I have one of the G&S surfskates from when they initially dropped years ago and I love the flex but always wanted a shorter setup. I’m hoping the fiber rider will be like that but more squirrely

fernando the skater

« Reply #649 on: Today at 04:22:29 AM »
New boards up on HW. Already have  polarizer but I wanted to try the fiber rider.

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/polarizers

New mini mauler looks good.

fernando the skater

« Reply #650 on: Today at 04:25:19 AM »

A friend has the 25" version, which he's redrilled. Less than half the price of a Heated Wheel deck in the UK, and I've been thinking of picking one up.

How are the Spitfire super wides? Again these are stupidly expensive here. $90.