Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 173281 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »
Also, somebody tell me again why this dude smoking weed with 13 year olds?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2022, 11:37:31 AM »
Just a good ol fashioned desperate attempt to cling to relevance through kids too young and impressionable to know how much of a kook he is.

Get hungry on it!

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2022, 11:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a good skate homie who used to be a street-level heroin user and he skated heroin skateboards. I’ve never brought it up to him but I do often find it to be a bit strange.

Why aren’t we discussing cast iron pans?
[close]
Maybe it was a bit like mr burns picking cereal.
Anyone got one of those cast irons with the enamel coating? Seen them around a fair bit lately but seems like it kinda defeats the purpose.

We've got a couple of enamel coated caste iron pots and they're great.

I've also got a couple of traditional style caste iron pots and a pan and they are also great but I mainly use them for camping when I'm cooking on or in a campfire.

I'm not exactly sure what the exact benefit of the enamel coated stuff might be over a regular caste iron pot. I guess you don't have to season them or worry about them rusting and you can clean them with soap whilst still getting the evenly distributed heat of a caste iron pan.

I wouldn't so I'm a massive advocate of enamel coated pots and wouldn't have access to them if my partner hadn't of bought them but they are definitely nice to cook with.

Not sure sure why all this Mikey A talk is going on in here. Make a new thread for this gimp
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2022, 11:48:05 AM »

bro its cool its legal in cali

IpathCats

« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2022, 11:52:18 AM »

Because he's delusional and desperate.

He referred to North Hollywood as a "success" if that is any indication of how grounded in reality this guy is.

Weird ass dork.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2022, 11:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a good skate homie who used to be a street-level heroin user and he skated heroin skateboards. I’ve never brought it up to him but I do often find it to be a bit strange.

[close]
Anyone got one of those cast irons with the enamel coating? Seen them around a fair bit lately but seems like it kinda defeats the purpose.
[close]

I've also got a couple of traditional style caste iron pots and a pan and they are also great but I mainly use them for camping when I'm cooking on or in a campfire.

I'm not exactly sure what the exact benefit of the enamel coated stuff might be over a regular caste iron pot. I guess you don't have to season them or worry about them rusting and you can clean them with soap whilst still getting the evenly distributed heat of a caste iron pan.

I wouldn't so I'm a massive advocate of enamel coated pots and wouldn't have access to them if my partner hadn't of bought them but they are definitely nice to cook with.

Not sure sure why all this Mikey A talk is going on in here. Make a new thread for this gimp
i've had enamel coated pans before, i dont really like them. sure, theyre more nonstick than a shitty cast iron, but not really any better than a well-seasoned cast iron. and unlike regular cast iron they don't really go well with anything abrasive, so when they inevitably get gunked up they take forever to gently clean.

there are some exceptions tho. like for stews they're great because anything that gets stuck when sauteeing will get loosened up while simmering for the next few hours. they're good for baking bread too. but idk, maybe i just don't get it. i'm not a great cook tbh

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2022, 12:15:02 PM »

He's keeping the classic Hollywood tradition of drugging and exploiting kids going. At least he hasn't forgotten where he came from!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2022, 12:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
i've had enamel coated pans before, i dont really like them. sure, theyre more nonstick than a shitty cast iron, but not really any better than a well-seasoned cast iron. and unlike regular cast iron they don't really go well with anything abrasive, so when they inevitably get gunked up they take forever to gently clean.

there are some exceptions tho. like for stews they're great because anything that gets stuck when sauteeing will get loosened up while simmering for the next few hours. they're good for baking bread too. but idk, maybe i just don't get it. i'm not a great cook tbh

Yeah this is exactly right. The only enameled cast iron I have is my dutch oven. it's the best for curry or stews or red beans and rice, anything you want to simmer for a while. I have also heard you can bake in them but I haven't tried that.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2022, 01:29:44 PM »
lol wait did his North Hollywood movie ever release anywhere???

Why tf would any human want to watch a movie about "trying to become a pro skater"? What a terrible idea, from a terrible director. Fucking dork ass.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »

Why tf would any human want to watch a movie about "trying to become a pro skater"? What a terrible idea, from a terrible director. Fucking dork ass.

This story is based where the skateboard culture is the most foreign, the Midwest. Derrick Cabrera, like all skaters, has a dream of being sponsored and one day going pro. He is an up and coming skater with all the talent but has the world against him. Parents, friends and schoolmates can't understand how Derrick has so much passion for something that has no future in their eyes. His crew of friends that are skaters is the only place he is truly accepted. But, as he gets better and better, the skater he looked up to the most becomes his worst enemy. In the sport of skateboarding a single trick that has never been done or conceived can bring you stardom in an instant. Derrick has that trick, if only he can make it. As he attempts to make this trick he is faced with skateproofing, a jealous friend and cops who have it in for him. Derrick finally gets arrested for skating on private property. After that his parents lay down the law and try to force him to quit skateboarding. Adding insult to injury, his girlfriend forces an ultimatum on him as well: "The skateboard or life with her." At that point, Derrick gives up everything and runs away with his friends to the Tampa Am contest in Florida. This is a weekend that can turn an unknown skateboarder into a future star. He sees it as his only shot to make it in skateboarding. Derrick's rivalry comes to a head in Florida when his crew of friends abandons him because of his jealous mentor. A top amateur's sister rescues Derrick by giving him a place to stay and convincing him to believe in himself. With all the world of skateboarding watching, Derrick finally makes the trick that shocks the entire skate world and instantly thrusts him into the spotlight. His dream of being sponsored has come true.
—Rob Dyrdek

slow your roll

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2022, 01:51:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's keeping the classic Hollywood tradition of drugging and exploiting kids going. At least he hasn't forgotten where he came from!

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2022, 02:02:34 PM »

it’s on amazon prime or hulu. i forget which one. i shit you not, bobby worrest and miranda cosgrove both have pretty big roles in it. fuck it’s so bad

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3383
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2022, 02:53:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This story is based where the skateboard culture is the most foreign, the Midwest. Derrick Cabrera, like all skaters, has a dream of being sponsored and one day going pro. He is an up and coming skater with all the talent but has the world against him. Parents, friends and schoolmates can't understand how Derrick has so much passion for something that has no future in their eyes. His crew of friends that are skaters is the only place he is truly accepted. But, as he gets better and better, the skater he looked up to the most becomes his worst enemy. In the sport of skateboarding a single trick that has never been done or conceived can bring you stardom in an instant. Derrick has that trick, if only he can make it. As he attempts to make this trick he is faced with skateproofing, a jealous friend and cops who have it in for him. Derrick finally gets arrested for skating on private property. After that his parents lay down the law and try to force him to quit skateboarding. Adding insult to injury, his girlfriend forces an ultimatum on him as well: "The skateboard or life with her." At that point, Derrick gives up everything and runs away with his friends to the Tampa Am contest in Florida. This is a weekend that can turn an unknown skateboarder into a future star. He sees it as his only shot to make it in skateboarding. Derrick's rivalry comes to a head in Florida when his crew of friends abandons him because of his jealous mentor. A top amateur's sister rescues Derrick by giving him a place to stay and convincing him to believe in himself. With all the world of skateboarding watching, Derrick finally makes the trick that shocks the entire skate world and instantly thrusts him into the spotlight. His dream of being sponsored has come true.
—Rob Dyrdek

slow your roll

"Stweet Dweems"

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #313 on: October 17, 2022, 03:06:11 PM »

North Shore is a rad movie. I know it’s about surfing and becoming a pro-surfer but I could see someone, somewhere making a good movie about becoming a pro skater.

Like here’s a plot- some dweeb from Iowa who wins his local contest so he movies to SF. Then he gets bullied by like, some GX pros but Frank Gerwer takes him under his wings and dweeb has to learn to hill bomb on a variety of weird 80s and shaped decks. Finally Frank hooks him up with a Krooked board that he shaped himself and now the kid shreds and earns the respect of the SF crowd.  But in the end he decides to move to NYC to become an artist.

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #314 on: October 17, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
North Shore is a rad movie. I know it’s about surfing and becoming a pro-surfer but I could see someone, somewhere making a good movie about becoming a pro skater.

Like here’s a plot- some dweeb from Iowa who wins his local contest so he movies to SF. Then he gets bullied by like, some GX pros but Frank Gerwer takes him under his wings and dweeb has to learn to hill bomb on a variety of weird 80s and shaped decks. Finally Frank hooks him up with a Krooked board that he shaped himself and now the kid shreds and earns the respect of the SF crowd.  But in the end he decides to move to NYC to become an artist.
Based on a true story
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #315 on: October 17, 2022, 03:30:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Based on a true story
So very BASED.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2022, 03:33:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's called machotaildrop

https://mega.nz/file/XkFhUYQT#8KkJg8LB1wbgITEU8jMX-8pq2a-RM_dvD0hzKzFsldQ
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 04:22:11 PM by Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein »

sacking rails

• Rep: -223
  • sacking rails
« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2022, 03:33:34 PM »
why are you saying based thats so dumb

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2022, 04:37:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Based on a true story
I like to think there’s a real Rick Kane from Tempe Arizona

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2022, 05:00:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Counterpoint - skate movies don’t have to be about turning pro, or dramatic coming of age tales, or “we’re poor and the only escape we have is when we’re skating”.   Skating is supposed to fun and with our buddies, easy to spin comedy off that

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 788
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #320 on: October 17, 2022, 05:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Counterpoint - skate movies don’t have to be about turning pro, or dramatic coming of age tales, or “we’re poor and the only escape we have is when we’re skating”.   Skating is supposed to fun and with our buddies, easy to spin comedy off that

Rob Dyrdek is skatebord funny guy

nothing's been the since same

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2022, 05:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote

Mikey has been living rent free in my head for the past 24 hours or so. Does Illegal Civ I exist? I tried to find it and didn't see anything. It also doesn't have an entry on Skatevideosite whereas 2 and 3 do.
[close]

I'm not sure why I did but I remember having illegal civ 1 downloaded to my pc I'm pretty sure it used to be easily found on Vimeo but I deleted that file a while ago so I can't reupload it anywhere
Thanks for confirming it existed. I had only seen 2 and wasn't sure if maybe 1 was more of a homie vid that didn't circulate as much.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2022, 05:31:17 PM »
Mikey Alfred’s skull appears to be made of something much more durable than cast iron.

veritas

« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2022, 05:44:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #324 on: October 17, 2022, 10:36:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah this is exactly right. The only enameled cast iron I have is my dutch oven. it's the best for curry or stews or red beans and rice, anything you want to simmer for a while. I have also heard you can bake in them but I haven't tried that.

Yep can also confirm that the enamel pots are great for stews and baking bread
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2022, 01:46:00 PM »
Pretty sure IC1 had Nakel pissing on a homeless dude or something like that. Also a clip of a homeless guy jerking it. Perfect clips to show a young generation of skaters

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2022, 02:00:01 PM »
Pretty sure IC1 had Nakel pissing on a homeless dude or something like that. Also a clip of a homeless guy jerking it. Perfect clips to show a young generation of skaters
Weirdly enough IC1 showed up in my recommendations on YT this morning. Data tracking is fucking creepy
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2022, 02:08:04 PM »
Did Mikey Alfred delete his IG? Or did he just never have one and always use Illegal Civ?

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2022, 02:40:30 PM »
Mikey Alfred’s skull appears to be made of something much more durable than cast iron.
Doritos

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2022, 02:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

As close to a good skate movie as we are going to get