Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 173254 times)

work_lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 104
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #330 on: October 18, 2022, 05:25:49 PM »
Expand Quote
i was one time pulled over {australia} by the police for having a heroin sticker on my car. they asked me to remove it and also asked if i had any drugs in the car. i told them i had no heroin. i did not remove the sticker. was a weird one...
[close]

It’s a dumb name and their graphics are shit but I back the company. Their egg shapes are the best.

It's an ode to the addictiveness of skateboarding, and how it takes a hold of you like a drug addiction would. With Heroin and skateboarding both being very habit-forming, I think it's a super clever name. Plus you can say stuff like "I love Heroin" and be coherent enough to see the disgusted looks on the faces around you. FOS does the graphics himself and they can be hit or miss, but I'd say a lot more hits than misses.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2022, 05:35:18 PM »
The glorification of alcohol in skateboarding is a lot more damaging than a company simply called 'Heroin'. From what I have seen it's a name only, the graphics and design in no way alludes to drug use whatsoever.

Also, my cast iron pan was starting to stick, so I oiled it up and put it in the oven a few times, and now it's as good as new. The best result was when I rubbed it with a bit of lard then baked it in. I've been making these omelettes with eggs from our chickens that are top notch, the egg just peels straight off that pan. No clean up needed, just wipe all the shit out with paper towel.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -415
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2022, 06:44:38 PM »
It's an ode to the addictiveness of skateboarding, and how it takes a hold of you like a drug addiction would. With Heroin and skateboarding both being very habit-forming, I think it's a super clever name.

Plus you can say stuff like "I love Heroin" and be coherent enough to see the disgusted looks on the faces around you.

manysnakes

« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2022, 07:29:16 PM »
Also, my cast iron pan was starting to stick, so I oiled it up and put it in the oven a few times, and now it's as good as new. The best result was when I rubbed it with a bit of lard then baked it in. I've been making these omelettes with eggs from our chickens that are top notch, the egg just peels straight off that pan. No clean up needed, just wipe all the shit out with paper towel.

Looking forward to getting back here with my Le Creuset I accidentally left it on the range and I’ve reseasoned it but it’s just not yet back to where it was. Should probably intervene with the oven.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2022, 08:11:13 PM »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -415
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »
i understand the sentiment and i’m aware of the hardships related to such and i can’t and don’t speak for anyone other than myself but my mom died from heroin 3 years ago and i still am stoked to see heroin boards at the shop.

Listen man i'm not telling you how to grieve but if my mom got eaten by a bear i probably wouldn't be buying a lot of fucking grizzly grip

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2022, 09:19:50 PM »
Expand Quote
i understand the sentiment and i’m aware of the hardships related to such and i can’t and don’t speak for anyone other than myself but my mom died from heroin 3 years ago and i still am stoked to see heroin boards at the shop.
[close]

Listen man i'm not telling you how to grieve but if my mom got eaten by a bear i probably wouldn't be buying a lot of fucking grizzly grip
hahahah fuck dude that was good i audibly laughed

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2022, 09:56:32 PM »
Wasn’t B***k hyping up what a smart talent young man he was a few years back?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2022, 06:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looking forward to getting back here with my Le Creuset I accidentally left it on the range and I’ve reseasoned it but it’s just not yet back to where it was. Should probably intervene with the oven.

Wait, how are you reseasoning without the oven? Just putting oil on it and letting it be?

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #339 on: October 20, 2022, 02:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Usually stuff slides right off, but sometimes they don't.
My next level of cleaning is rock salt +/- more oil
Next level after that is water,
After that water and soap ....
but then of course I have to slick it up again....  Only happens if someone cooks something super sticky.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #340 on: October 20, 2022, 03:11:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read on here. Gonna come back and gnar in the future

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 14
« Reply #341 on: October 20, 2022, 03:35:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Baker quietly stopped distributing them a bit ago

everything they’ve taken a chance on ended up a bust:

-917 (fell apart right as they took it on)
-Birdhouse (lost Saturdays steam as they took it on)
-IC
-Heroin (who the fuck buys it?!?)
[close]

there are a lot of people buying heroin

boss quote (me too)
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2022, 06:01:07 PM »
Nakel is posting cryptic things about Mikey on his story and Mikey is responding on his, less cryptically

Still can’t really tell what the issue is between them

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2022, 06:55:20 PM »
Nakel is posting cryptic things about Mikey on his story and Mikey is responding on his, less cryptically

post it

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2022, 07:33:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
post it

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2022, 07:37:19 PM »
nvm just saw it on the IC page. i’m with nak honestly

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #346 on: October 23, 2022, 06:22:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #347 on: October 23, 2022, 08:01:04 AM »
There wasn’t much to it, nakel said “if I’m crazy then where your day 1s at?” and Mikey said he dgaf what Nakel is mad about bc he’s only done amazing things for Nak since the day they met.

In other news, he brags about knowing someone who committed murder, but then apologizes on behalf of one of the new kids for the optics of breaking glass in an abandoned space and using double Cs in a caption

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2022, 09:08:32 AM »
Whoever would have thought that such a cool brand as Illegal Civilization could fall of so hard?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 110
« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2022, 11:08:44 AM »
it's crazy cause, like, the triangle shape of a dorito can very much be used as a brand trajectory for IC. IC was only on the come up, eventually reaching their apex and full potential with the doritos collab, the upper point of metaphoric dorito triangle. Since, they have only experienced a steep decline, symbolized by the downward slope of the metaphoric dorito following its apex.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2022, 11:28:33 AM »
it's crazy cause, like, the triangle shape of a dorito can very much be used as a brand trajectory for IC. IC was only on the come up, eventually reaching their apex and full potential with the doritos collab, the upper point of metaphoric dorito triangle. Since, they have only experienced a steep decline, symbolized by the downward slope of the metaphoric dorito following its apex.
“There’s some thing that’s actually super powerful about the triangle shape.”  -Mikey Alfred

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2022, 11:55:20 AM »

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2022, 12:28:55 PM »
There wasn’t much to it, nakel said “if I’m crazy then where your day 1s at?” and Mikey said he dgaf what Nakel is mad about bc he’s only done amazing things for Nak since the day they met.

In other news, he brags about knowing someone who committed murder, but then apologizes on behalf of one of the new kids for the optics of breaking glass in an abandoned space and using double Cs in a caption

Last name is also Alfred so I'm assuming a relative. Corny af to pretend you're hard by riding on the coattails of someone else's misdeeds.

veritas

« Reply #353 on: October 23, 2022, 12:40:03 PM »
Steve Urkel out here trying to brag about his dumb shit relative who’s probably doing 25-life for murdering another human being

Tell me more about the power of the triangle

Also looking forward to hearing him “perform some rap songs on the 25th”

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: October 23, 2022, 01:41:40 PM »
his ig story is hot rn go look at it and that other dude he’s talking about it’s insane. i can’t post pictures from my phone

dannyprovolone

« Reply #355 on: October 23, 2022, 01:48:35 PM »
post that shit mane what the fuck

Bryanferry

• Rep: -43
« Reply #356 on: October 23, 2022, 01:59:49 PM »
https://ibb.co/ByLfC0M

Even his mums off him

Kinda gotta feeling it could turn dark

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #357 on: October 23, 2022, 02:19:01 PM »
Dudes little empire is crumbling in real time
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
« Reply #358 on: October 23, 2022, 02:23:30 PM »
How the fuck did he get lunch with Dave Chappelle???

TheDingus

« Reply #359 on: October 23, 2022, 03:02:27 PM »
How the fuck did he get lunch with Dave Chappelle???

Im sure dude just saw Dave in the wild and asked for a photo