Author Topic: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ  (Read 173286 times)

sebastian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Re: Tyshawn shots fired at Mikey Alfred and Illegal Civ
« Reply #660 on: October 30, 2022, 12:08:53 AM »
Intense this all happened in the span of like 5 days!

It's always a weird fucking dumb move taking your personal beef and airing it out through your brand, most often you just sink your own shit. If he had half a brain he'd have distanced his own shit from IC and maybe they wouldn't be drowning in a bunch of comments calling him a kook.

He'll probably manage to sell all this "engagement" to some dumb brand anyways.

Always a weird move to let someone who doesn't skate try to run something in the skate world.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #661 on: October 30, 2022, 03:38:21 PM »

I’m just bummed they’ve sold out of the Wayne x Midler poster before I could get my hands on it

manysnakes

« Reply #662 on: October 30, 2022, 05:08:02 PM »
In case you somehow missed it. Also Spike Jonze and Jonah Hill have six Oscars, between them. Probably not the best thing to go burning bridges with them.

rickdizzo

• Rep: 15
  • I'M THE WHITE LIAM NEESON
« Reply #663 on: October 30, 2022, 05:18:31 PM »
it’s one thing to be a shitty skater but good filmer, photographer, designer, etc (he’s shit at all of those roles anyways) for skating. But to be a shitty skater and acting like you should have authority over ppl who actually can skate laps around you?? dudes a dumbass to say the least.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 48
« Reply #664 on: October 30, 2022, 06:22:36 PM »

robert evans (guy mikey's mom worked for) is a huge egomaniac too. this mr. show clip is a dead on parody of the audiobook he made of his autobiography "the kid stays in the picture"

manysnakes

« Reply #665 on: October 30, 2022, 06:57:04 PM »

robert evans (guy mikey's mom worked for) is a huge egomaniac too. this mr. show clip is a dead on parody of the audiobook he made of his autobiography "the kid stays in the picture"

I had no idea that's what this was about. I assumed it was just a Hollywood blowhard. Honestly if Robert Evans book sounds this way that actually makes me like him more.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #666 on: October 30, 2022, 06:59:40 PM »
In case you somehow missed it. Also Spike Jonze and Jonah Hill have six Oscars, between them. Probably not the best thing to go burning bridges with them.

Hate to fact check you here but they have 1 win between them and 5 noms.   Also, they are far from pillars of the industry these days.   You could alienate them and get by if you have talent.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 48
« Reply #667 on: October 30, 2022, 07:32:37 PM »

I had no idea that's what this was about. I assumed it was just a Hollywood blowhard. Honestly if Robert Evans book sounds this way that actually makes me like him more.

haha! ya, it's a great listen. checked it out after odenkirk mentioned it in a interview. evans actually made some good movies, unlike mikey.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #668 on: October 30, 2022, 08:29:31 PM »
Expand Quote
All I care about is where Zach Saraceno ends up.  Kid is the illest.
[close]

He'll end up with TJ's brand. He was skating the graphic

3:37

In some Tyshawn's nonetheless. he's definitely on.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i could not make it more than a minute or so into that. holy shit! why do the interview if you can't even bother to point the phone at your face? it was funny seeing gary rogers has ic boards as wall hangers. hope OP or someone with a higher tolerance for shitty a/v quality posts synopsis.
[close]

the first thing Tyshawn says is "Let's discuss the man right here...I got 700K"

Then Gary laughs and briefly speaks on the subject.
[close]

thanks! i heard when gary didn't want to talk shit on a fellow black man. which, i respect...but mikey, really? dude is such kook. did they actually discuss him or the 700k controversy? regardless, stoked tj is doing his own thing. wonder if it is gonna be under FA or all his own?
[close]

No, they didn't actually talk about it. Gary said his piece about not wanting to add to the drama surrounding someone who's dealing with mental health and then changed the subject back to Tyshawn.
[close]
Don’t worry Gary we’ll make fun of him on here. He’s one of the guests on this thread anyways.
[close]

What a blatant display of toxic positivity. Get real Gary, you're just embarrassed to be involved with that fucking clown. Don't try to disguise protecting your ego as some sort of gesture of racial equity, you are so full of shit.

Glad Tyshawn doesn't share this micro-brained perspective and just brought that shit up right off the jump. Tyshawn's the one that's actually out here doing shit for the black community, starting businesses, employing people, and having community events.
[close]

I definitely got the vibe that since gary is somehow connected to IC/ Mikey  he was trying to put out a fire tyshawn was gonna start before it started. But I definitely think gary just did this to protect himself from scrutiny. Not cause he cares about Mikey. Get off your soapbox gary. You talk shit on a weekly show don’t act like this was anything more than trying save your ass from getting clowned on along with Mikey.

right, Gary downplaying the situation while running a weekly show dedicated to talking shit is laughable.

as others mentioned, he has IC pro boards on his wall in that interview and funnily enough still had an IC board setup yesterday at the Halloween Hellride.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -510
« Reply #669 on: October 30, 2022, 08:47:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Supplying drugs to a minor:

Supply drugs to a minor: The maximum penalty is a a $462,000 fine or 24 years ‘imprisonment or both. If the prohibited drug is cannabis, then the maximum term of imprisonment is 18 years.

extortion:
making unfounded threats in order to obtain an unfair business advantage is also a form of extortion.
Extortion is a felony offense that is punishable by up to three years in prison. If the defendant has made extortion demands but the victim never complied or consented, he or she can be charged with attempted extortion. Attempted extortion is a "wobbler" offense that can be filed as either a felony or a misdemeanor.

LA county child protective services:
https://ocp.lacounty.gov/report-child-abuse-to-dcfs

https://www.losangelescriminallawyer.pro/california-penal-code-section-518-pc-extortion.html
[close]

12 much?
It's some petty dorky skate drama and your post is on some real informant ass behavior. 
Ion care how kooky or outta pocket this episode is panning out...
This is a skate forum stop acting like a fed
[close]

go back to instagram. we dont speak moron here
[close]

I respectfully disagree.
[close]

i am a bit ashamed of myself that i could understand that entire thing without having to look anything up. I listened to Frank Ocean ONE TIME cause lil dre posted a reel with it and i was like "what in the fuck is this music"
[close]

You don't have to post Ls like this
[close]
I was going to say. Franks music is one of the few things right about the current music landscape.
[close]

The man hasn't dropped an album in like 7 years and is still better than almost anything in the current zeitgeist
[close]

I couldn't agree more. I put on Channel Orange all the time and it puts me in a strange mind space of bliss and contemplation.

Thanks Frank  ;D
[close]

Nights and crack rock have probably been in my most played every year since either of those albums dropped

Crack rock is a decade old and still feels fresh. Funny frank gets brought up in this thread cause I’ve had an issue with listening to Chanel since I found out that clips on clips like Mike line is about Mikey . Wish he could go back and edit it haha.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #670 on: October 30, 2022, 08:52:05 PM »

double posting to ad, you have to be lacking in any/all self awareness to post this on your brand's socials. the baseless accusations of racism against kids that are barely teenagers is one thing, but to call them "rich white kids" is a whole other thing entirely when you're the owner and you're responding to a t-shirt being sold parodying your request for $700,000 for a single video part of said "rich white" teenager.

using your brand's platform to engage in beef is unprofessional enough, but if you are going to respond, at the very least you should probably have some base to your claims. Mikey is just making things worse for himself, without a doubt. and my guess would be that's probably one of his biggest problems.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #671 on: October 30, 2022, 11:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i could not make it more than a minute or so into that. holy shit! why do the interview if you can't even bother to point the phone at your face? it was funny seeing gary rogers has ic boards as wall hangers. hope OP or someone with a higher tolerance for shitty a/v quality posts synopsis.
[close]

[close]

thanks! i heard when gary didn't want to talk shit on a fellow black man. which, i respect...but mikey, really? dude is such kook. did they actually discuss him or the 700k controversy? regardless, stoked tj is doing his own thing. wonder if it is gonna be under FA or all his own?
[close]

No, they didn't actually talk about it. Gary said his piece about not wanting to add to the drama surrounding someone who's dealing with mental health and then changed the subject back to Tyshawn.
[close]
Don’t worry Gary we’ll make fun of him on here. He’s one of the guests on this thread anyways.
[close]

What a blatant display of toxic positivity. Get real Gary, you're just embarrassed to be involved with that fucking clown. Don't try to disguise protecting your ego as some sort of gesture of racial equity, you are so full of shit.

Glad Tyshawn doesn't share this micro-brained perspective and just brought that shit up right off the jump. Tyshawn's the one that's actually out here doing shit for the black community, starting businesses, employing people, and having community events.
[close]

I definitely got the vibe that since gary is somehow connected to IC/ Mikey  he was trying to put out a fire tyshawn was gonna start before it started. But I definitely think gary just did this to protect himself from scrutiny. Not cause he cares about Mikey. Get off your soapbox gary. You talk shit on a weekly show don’t act like this was anything more than trying save your ass from getting clowned on along with Mikey.
[close]

right, Gary downplaying the situation while running a weekly show dedicated to talking shit is laughable.

as others mentioned, he has IC pro boards on his wall in that interview and funnily enough still had an IC board setup yesterday at the Halloween Hellride.

Pretty sure Gary was a commentator at some contest within the last year and spent a good few minutes talking up Mikey and IC while Jamie Foy was skating (and ended up winning best trick IIRC)

IpathCats

« Reply #672 on: October 31, 2022, 06:01:23 AM »
It's pretty funny how IC is failing despite all the favors/connections/privilege Alfredo mike had.

People were actually buying this shit despite his HORRIBLE "art" and at the very least people respected the skating.

All he had to do was take care of his riders, stfu, and not totally kook it.

And he just couldn't manage to do that lol was NOT in the cards for him

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #673 on: October 31, 2022, 06:52:28 AM »
If you’re just getting by on connections and marketing speak with no actual substance to what you’re doing, eventually your well is going to run dry.  Especially if you’re throwing Hollywood royalty under the bus publicly just because you didn’t get what you wanted when you wanted.  The absolute audacity of this dude is actually shocking. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

veritas

« Reply #674 on: October 31, 2022, 08:03:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure Gary was a commentator at some contest within the last year and spent a good few minutes talking up Mikey and IC while Jamie Foy was skating (and ended up winning best trick IIRC)

Totally forgot about this, it was actually when they were replaying Jamie Foys run/ best trick win clip and Gary is completely ignoring it while rambling about North Hollywood and all the “dope shit” IC has planned for this year. Apparently paying your riders in hamburger patties and shared joints isn’t the best way to manage a company. Odd that Gary is so invested in this kook.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
« Reply #675 on: October 31, 2022, 08:52:15 AM »
If you’re just getting by on connections and marketing speak with no actual substance to what you’re doing, eventually your well is going to run dry.  Especially if you’re throwing Hollywood royalty under the bus publicly just because you didn’t get what you wanted when you wanted.  The absolute audacity of this dude is actually shocking.
Failing upward 101- Be born setup to succeed. Never take responsibility.  Always take credit.

Get hungry on it!

manysnakes

« Reply #676 on: October 31, 2022, 08:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hate to fact check you here but they have 1 win between them and 5 noms.   Also, they are far from pillars of the industry these days.   You could alienate them and get by if you have talent.

My mistake. I did a quick Google search and that's what it came up, but that was the total number of nominations, not wins. I don't know anything about Hollywood, but aren't both of these people pretty big players? Spike Jonze has a new movie coming out at Christmas starring Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie, which sounds like a big deal to me but I have no idea.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #677 on: October 31, 2022, 09:00:25 AM »
If this young buck was really the little rich kid Mr. Alfred alleges he is, wouldn’t he already be in possession of those clips?
700K is chump change for rich kids.
Right, Mikey?!?

Also, does anybody else find the hell week deck graphic gratifyingly prophetic?

“That’s the thing about hell weak, not every [lifestyle brand] makes it.” -Michelangelo Alfredocini

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #678 on: October 31, 2022, 09:06:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My mistake. I did a quick Google search and that's what it came up, but that was the total number of nominations, not wins. I don't know anything about Hollywood, but aren't both of these people pretty big players? Spike Jonze has a new movie coming out at Christmas starring Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie, which sounds like a big deal to me but I have no idea.

Are you thinking of Babylon?  That’s a Damien Chazelle flick I’m pretty sure. 

Shitting on Jonah and Spike are just dumb things to do, clearly he wanted them to Executive Produce North Hollywood and I guarantee they weren’t fans of the script Mikey cobbled together in a couple months (Jonah and Spike, and most proper filmmakers spend years developing their screenplays).

He also posted his agency’s (William Morris Endeavor) pass emails from all the studios/distributors on instagram and you could still read the execs names and their reactions to the film, such a clown…

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:15:55 AM by Sketch Hitchcock »

—there are no rules. This is my version of skateboarding.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: October 31, 2022, 09:07:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

For the conspiracy thread: Turns out Spike directed his people to quietly pay the whole IC team to bail as retribution for his mud slinging.
Would take a skate minded person to know how/when to kneecap a company that effectively.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

« Reply #680 on: October 31, 2022, 09:16:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
For the conspiracy thread: Turns out Spike directed his people to quietly pay the whole IC team to bail as retribution for his mud slinging.
Would take a skate minded person to know how/when to kneecap a company that effectively.

They're all on Girl, now.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #681 on: October 31, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »
Is that drawing of a birdman planting a flag in flesh
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 110
« Reply #682 on: October 31, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »

also i am curious as to whether or not the bird-man's flesh is made out of dorito?

IpathCats

« Reply #683 on: October 31, 2022, 10:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

also i am curious as to whether or not the bird-man's flesh is made out of dorito?

That would def explain the whole doritos being "connected to skateboarding in an authentic way" thing. Maybe M. Alfredo knows something we dont.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #684 on: October 31, 2022, 11:04:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shitting on Jonah and Spike are just dumb things to do, clearly he wanted them to Executive Produce North Hollywood and I guarantee they weren’t fans of the script Mikey cobbled together in a couple months (Jonah and Spike, and most proper filmmakers spend years developing their screenplays).

He also posted his agency’s (William Morris Endeavor) pass emails from all the studios/distributors on instagram and you could still read the execs names and their reactions to the film, such a clown…

Also, he has no concept that in LA, everyone makes their rejections nice as possible just in case and it being “too small” is the nicest rejection you could do that no one will ever hold against you.  Mid90s only got made bc A24 was a distributor already and wanted to be in the Jonah Hill business.   

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #685 on: October 31, 2022, 11:18:09 AM »
Think of how crushing it must feel to standby & witness your industry contemporaries collabing w/ luxury brands & the like, while you’re stuck shilling for Doritos, trying to convince people of how iconic a triangle is.
It’s gotta burn a little & frankly, you just love to see it.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #686 on: October 31, 2022, 11:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Also, he has no concept that in LA, everyone makes their rejections nice as possible just in case and it being “too small” is the nicest rejection you could do that no one will ever hold against you.  Mid90s only got made bc A24 was a distributor already and wanted to be in the Jonah Hill business.

"we love it, but there's no chance we put our name on it and distribute it"

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #687 on: October 31, 2022, 11:38:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Offtopic (but kinda related?):

First time seeing this post and WOW he really tries to make it deeper than it actually is.

North Hollywood had terrible writing. Main character is static and a complete dick throughout the whole movie. Many of his interactions with the other characters is summed up as:

A: "I want to be a professional skater."
B: "Well I don't, I'm not looking to have skating as a job and I want to go to college or work."
A: "You're a bitch and fucking useless to me."

I'm not even kidding, this is quite literally what happens in the movie.

The movie is riddled with cameos just for the sake of it. Miranda Cosgrove's character was pointless and was only added just so her name could be put on the headline. If her character was removed, the plot would be unchanged. Vince Vaughn's character was obviously supposed to be unlikeable but he's actually one of the most down to earth characters, alongside with Aramis Hudson's character whose name is Adolf (symbolism?).

timemachine

• Rep: 12
« Reply #688 on: October 31, 2022, 11:58:08 AM »
Kevin White just announced his leaving IC announcement

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #689 on: October 31, 2022, 12:11:51 PM »
Kevin White just announced his leaving IC announcement

Would be cool if he wrote it on personalized stationery. Wonder if the FA opportunity still stands.