Author Topic: Gear madness support thread  (Read 90767 times)

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
Re: Gear madness support thread
« Reply #870 on: February 12, 2023, 01:30:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, got a caliper and measured all my wheels. And all of them are still the same size they were when purchased lol. Guess I should’ve expected that since I skate a couple times a week exclusively on smooth tennis courts and have five setups 🤦🏾‍♂️
[close]

As some one who used to carry calipers in his skate bag...don't. It is a long winding road that leads who way too much overthinking and swapping out wheels way sooner than you actually need to. For whatever reason I never stress about small wheels getting too small and will skate 51s down to bearing condoms. But if I have something bigger, it is automatically, "oh these 60s are 58...time for new wheels!!"

Shit is insanity.
Yeah I was gonna put it in my bag but after seeing the readings it’s going on the shelf lol. At my current rate it’ll take a couple of years for my wheels to get small.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 470
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #871 on: February 12, 2023, 05:31:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn, got a caliper and measured all my wheels. And all of them are still the same size they were when purchased lol. Guess I should’ve expected that since I skate a couple times a week exclusively on smooth tennis courts and have five setups 🤦🏾‍♂️
[close]

As some one who used to carry calipers in his skate bag...don't. It is a long winding road that leads who way too much overthinking and swapping out wheels way sooner than you actually need to. For whatever reason I never stress about small wheels getting too small and will skate 51s down to bearing condoms. But if I have something bigger, it is automatically, "oh these 60s are 58...time for new wheels!!"

Shit is insanity.
[close]
Yeah I was gonna put it in my bag but after seeing the readings it’s going on the shelf lol. At my current rate it’ll take a couple of years for my wheels to get small.

Keep in mind wheels aren’t always exactly as labeled. For example if they measure 53.6-54.4 they get labeled 54. If they measure 54.5 they may get labeled 54 or 55. Urethane cooling is not an exact science as humidity and temperature can affect how much they shrink as they cure. Just a little something else to add to the madness.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
« Reply #872 on: February 12, 2023, 06:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit is insanity.
[close]
[close]

Keep in mind wheels aren’t always exactly as labeled. For example if they measure 53.6-54.4 they get labeled 54. If they measure 54.5 they may get labeled 54 or 55. Urethane cooling is not an exact science as humidity and temperature can affect how much they shrink as they cure. Just a little something else to add to the madness.

At least with bones, it seems pretty exact. I bought 2 sets of 54mm wheels over the last year and every single wheel was between 54.20 and 54.40.

With my most recent set of X formula 52mm wheels, every single wheel even was between 52.25 and 52.35.
There's something with bones wheels and additional 0.30 mm.

On the other hand my 52 dragons were all around 51.60.
Bones gives, powell takes?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #873 on: February 12, 2023, 08:34:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit is insanity.

Great great great point.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #874 on: February 14, 2023, 07:13:04 PM »
Fuck it, checking myself into the gear madness anonymous

Legitimately I've had fucking gear madness since I probably started getting into skating more in depth. I think a natural part of it was trying to find out what I like- I ride 7.75 and 8s because I feel most comfortable on them and have finesse, I love Film trucks and I'm a conscript on the people's republic of jessup in the griptape war. Took a while but I'm finally at peace with those particular areas.

My issues though are stemming from me trying to get the perfect feel- basically reducing vibration. I just want an easy breezy ride. My local area is mega crusty. I've asked in the questions thread if shock pads work- too wary to bite the bullet. I keep going through different wheels, nothing feels perfect for me. Tried 95a slimeball snot rockets, they weren't the best. 99a STFs had a nice ride feel to them but they're so damn grippy it's weird. Currently on 99A Spitfire OG classics 52mm and just walking to the spot to get my shit done but even then shit is way too crusty...

Been looking at so much shit, the 90/95a mini logos, the new bones 97a, the 99 and 97 Formula fours. But I get a feeling this shit isn't gonna be what I want. Hell the amount of time I've spent thinking about this shit I could probably learn switch.
I don't wanna buy any more shit, maybe it's a gateway to a deeper problem with myself.

Gonna ride out these Spits for now and resist the urge. Should I harness the vibrations?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
« Reply #875 on: February 14, 2023, 07:51:00 PM »

Legitimately I've had fucking gear madness since I probably started getting into skating more in depth. I think a natural part of it was trying to find out what I like- I ride 7.75 and 8s because I feel most comfortable on them and have finesse, I love Film trucks and I'm a conscript on the people's republic of jessup in the griptape war. Took a while but I'm finally at peace with those particular areas.

My issues though are stemming from me trying to get the perfect feel- basically reducing vibration. I just want an easy breezy ride. My local area is mega crusty. I've asked in the questions thread if shock pads work- too wary to bite the bullet. I keep going through different wheels, nothing feels perfect for me. Tried 95a slimeball snot rockets, they weren't the best. 99a STFs had a nice ride feel to them but they're so damn grippy it's weird. Currently on 99A Spitfire OG classics 52mm and just walking to the spot to get my shit done but even then shit is way too crusty...

Been looking at so much shit, the 90/95a mini logos, the new bones 97a, the 99 and 97 Formula fours. But I get a feeling this shit isn't gonna be what I want. Hell the amount of time I've spent thinking about this shit I could probably learn switch.
I don't wanna buy any more shit, maybe it's a gateway to a deeper problem with myself.

Gonna ride out these Spits for now and resist the urge. Should I harness the vibrations?

IF you're gonna buy one of those wheels, just get the bones 97 and end the madness. It's the current best.
Less grippy than the 99a stf, while also smoother.

Definitely not the mini logos, they're great wheels but they don't slide

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #876 on: February 14, 2023, 09:12:38 PM »

97A Spitfire Formula Four Conical Fulls in 54 mm or bigger. Damn nice wheels. They’re not cruiser soft but the reduce the bad vibes a hell of a lot more and roll better than even 58mm 99A F4s and slide just as well. They’re no cruiser wheel smooth though if that’s what you’re after.

I haven’t tried the new Bones or Powell wheels. I tried the Bones Easy Streets when they came out and they sucked so bad I figured I’ll never waste my money on their bullshit again. So I can’t compare to the new X-formula or Dragons but I have my doubts about them.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2023, 05:08:44 AM »

The perfect setup doesn’t exist and in my case, it is cause I have a deeper issue with myself. I think it’s cause I grew up dirt poor and now I have this hoarder, FOMO mentality, so I just buy shit and do my best to justify it. Now I think it is worth finding the right setup, but at a certain point you have to just go out and skate or do other things (looking forward to Ant-Man 3 tomorrow). This is supposed to be fun, and looking at gear all day isn’t fun, it stresses me out.

I’m practicing gratitude, basically just being thankful for the five setups I have and trying to make the most out of them. It might sound crazy, but I legit love some of these setups cause I built them and tweaked them to my needs. So I want to give them what they deserve—some good sessions that will ultimately destroy them 😈

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #878 on: February 15, 2023, 05:38:04 AM »
The perfect setup doesn’t exist and in my case, it is cause I have a deeper issue with myself. I think it’s cause I grew up dirt poor and now I have this hoarder, FOMO mentality, so I just buy shit and do my best to justify it. Now I think it is worth finding the right setup, but at a certain point you have to just go out and skate or do other things (looking forward to Ant-Man 3 tomorrow). This is supposed to be fun, and looking at gear all day isn’t fun, it stresses me out.

I’m practicing gratitude, basically just being thankful for the five setups I have and trying to make the most out of them. It might sound crazy, but I legit love some of these setups cause I built them and tweaked them to my needs. So I want to give them what they deserve—some good sessions that will ultimately destroy them 😈

@OhioGuy beautiful post.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

“Skateboarding is truly amazing. Wearing a helmet while hitting a handrail can kook you for life, but being an antisocial weirdo with mystique can earn you a pass.” -Some guy on SLAP

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #879 on: February 15, 2023, 05:51:22 AM »
So, I am currently experiencing something entirely new. I am calling it "Ancillary Madness." I have/know what my "perfect" set-up (DLX 8.25/14.38, Indy 144 Forged, Spit 53mm Classics). However, right now I am toying around with some Thunders, and 52mm Conicals. I am under no illusions, pretenses, or aspirations to improve my set-up. To that end, I know I am riding a "sub-standard" set-up with Thunders/52 Connies, and with some undetermined amount of time, I know I'll be back to my usual. So, why I am doing it then? Just for some simple variety and curiosity. Maybe this what "matured madness" looks like--it's not an obsessing over minutiae (1 or 2 inside washers?), but more of "I know what I like...but I am going to try this, anyway, just for...fun?"
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

“Skateboarding is truly amazing. Wearing a helmet while hitting a handrail can kook you for life, but being an antisocial weirdo with mystique can earn you a pass.” -Some guy on SLAP

IpathCats

« Reply #880 on: February 15, 2023, 06:38:12 AM »
So, I am currently experiencing something entirely new. I am calling it "Ancillary Madness." I have/know what my "perfect" set-up (DLX 8.25/14.38, Indy 144 Forged, Spit 53mm Classics). However, right now I am toying around with some Thunders, and 52mm Conicals. I am under no illusions, pretenses, or aspirations to improve my set-up. To that end, I know I am riding a "sub-standard" set-up with Thunders/52 Connies, and with some undetermined amount of time, I know I'll be back to my usual. So, why I am doing it then? Just for some simple variety and curiosity. Maybe this what "matured madness" looks like--it's not an obsessing over minutiae (1 or 2 inside washers?), but more of "I know what I like...but I am going to try this, anyway, just for...fun?"

This is how the cycle begins lol

im still struggling with my cast/forged dilemma shit is annoying

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #881 on: February 15, 2023, 06:44:37 AM »

I know many people are anti-shockpad, but the Ace 1/16" are rad. They don't add much height and they do make a difference when pushing around on rougher terrain. I'll take them over feeling like I need to ride something other than 99 F4s. They're also way cheaper than buying new wheels.

If you really don't want to do that, the 97 F4s are great for crust. I just like the 99s because of how they perform and I know I can get a set at any decent skate shop.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #882 on: February 15, 2023, 07:27:51 AM »

I setup a girl griffin shaped board last year, despite it being way outside of my preferences (8.5, 14.5 wb, 32, all at least .5 inch longer/wider than what I like to ride). Had 149 thunders and 52 conical fulls, neither of which I’d choose, regularly.
Here’s the fucking thing…after a few days of being weirded out, I started landing way more 360 flips, switch flips, and kickflips. This is pretty much all of my skating, slow flatground bs. And maybe like 6 tricks, no ledges near me. Aaaaaaanyway, to the poor soul that has read this far: that setup was the shit. I could skate that thing from now on and be fairly sorted. Shit just worked. Huge fan. That particular crail shape has a short tail, which makes the setup feel like a bigger small board (gentle slap reader will note that this assertion is, stupid). The pop points felt very familiar.
I made the decision to skate smaller boards, and mainly ventures, just because, and that has worked well.
The deviation from my normal setup showed me the importance of tail length, and more so, that one can adjust with time. I spent more time on that setup than others, for a variety of reasons (I was working significantly less, and I kind of disgusted myself with buying lots of shit and was just going to sit there and make it work).

IpathCats

« Reply #883 on: February 15, 2023, 07:29:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know many people are anti-shockpad, but the Ace 1/16" are rad. They don't add much height and they do make a difference when pushing around on rougher terrain. I'll take them over feeling like I need to ride something other than 99 F4s. They're also way cheaper than buying new wheels.

If you really don't want to do that, the 97 F4s are great for crust. I just like the 99s because of how they perform and I know I can get a set at any decent skate shop.

I've been really leaning towards trying out some 97a's for my crust setup since the dragons drag so hard on grinds.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: February 15, 2023, 07:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to super care about the cast v. Forged. The vibrations. Couldn’t skate for awhile m, just being too occupied with bs, and now I suddenly don’t care. It’s weird. A significant part of this may be that I stoped trying to ride bigger boards. When I size up, I need everything to be just so, ish, otherwise it sucks, but if I just stick to an 8, doesn’t fucking matter: trucks, wheel sizes…for the most part sorts itself out

God I want some fucking ipath cats. Wore my wallabees yesterday, and if they were not such ankle breakers I would skate them.

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #885 on: February 15, 2023, 07:37:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've been really leaning towards trying out some 97a's for my crust setup since the dragons drag so hard on grinds.

Highly recommend them. Had no drag issues on my crooks. Only complaint is that they wore down way faster than the 99s.

IpathCats

« Reply #886 on: February 15, 2023, 07:43:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I used to super care about the cast v. Forged. The vibrations. Couldn’t skate for awhile m, just being too occupied with bs, and now I suddenly don’t care. It’s weird. A significant part of this may be that I stoped trying to ride bigger boards. When I size up, I need everything to be just so, ish, otherwise it sucks, but if I just stick to an 8, doesn’t fucking matter: trucks, wheel sizes…for the most part sorts itself out

God I want some fucking ipath cats. Wore my wallabees yesterday, and if they were not such ankle breakers I would skate them.

Forged have harsher vibrations i assume? and yea wallabees with that skinny heel is a recipe for a roll

Highly recommend them. Had no drag issues on my crooks. Only complaint is that they wore down way faster than the 99s.

Thanks man, think ill take a swing at them

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #887 on: February 15, 2023, 08:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Genuinely man I think I needed to hear this, the growing up dirt poor shit is probably why I myself just keep buying shite to perfect myself. Thank you.

Thanks everyone for the recs, I'm gonna wear these current spits I have til they're bearing covers and then decide how I'm feeling- I'll spring for one of the 97a wheels. Probably the spits. Hopefully this makes the madness dormant.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #888 on: February 15, 2023, 08:57:15 AM »
Genuinely man I think I needed to hear this, the growing up dirt poor shit is probably why I myself just keep buying shite to perfect myself. Thank you.

I've had the conversation with my brother growing up like this.  The idea that being poor means that you can't freely get rid of shit because you don't know if you will be able to replace it, which can lead to collecting/hoarding.     

I have too many setups - I think around 10.  And I have a brand new Enjoi 8.75 deck sitting next to my desk, some Ace AF1s, and 3-4 sets of wheels I could use on it.  It's a disease.    I find deals ($29 for the Enjoi shipped.  Oh, someone on Facebook markeplace has Indy Ti for $40 - even though I don't need them.  etc..) and then don't pass the stuff on that I don't like because just maybe it'll work with this other setup. 

If I hadn't grown up poor, I feel like I would be a lot more free to give up on things.  Take the Ace AF1s.  I have tried them on at least 4 boards and can't ollie for shit with them.   But maybe if I try them on X board they will work.  No?  Ok, how about this one?  I have decks that for whatever reason haven't worked out, but I keep them around because maybe I'll come back to them.  Spoiler - I seldom do. 

Now here's the fucking kicker.  Last fall I scored a great job.  I'm solidly in the 6 figures, with a likely 20% bonus coming in September, and my wife has a job.  It's the first time in many years that I'm not concerned about cash flow.   But I'm still doing shit like waiting for the SkateWarehouse sale where I can get a shop deck with grip for $16 after buying a sale deck.   

Growing up poor wires your brain differently. 

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #889 on: February 15, 2023, 09:15:57 AM »
Slammed a few weeks ago and been staying off the board as it was my ribs and hand. Didn't want to risk bailing and making it hurt any worse. Started tinkering around in the parts bin. Can someone convince me not to put these ventures on since the ACE are working perfectly fine.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 316
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #890 on: February 15, 2023, 09:33:00 AM »
Slammed a few weeks ago and been staying off the board as it was my ribs and hand. Didn't want to risk bailing and making it hurt any worse. Started tinkering around in the parts bin. Can someone convince me not to put these ventures on since the ACE are working perfectly fine.
stick with the Ace's my dude. the lighter pop feel will come in handy since you've been off the board for a while.
as much as I love my Ventures, I've been really enjoying sessions on my Ace setup

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #891 on: February 15, 2023, 10:13:47 AM »
Go and tighten down your Aces like you’re going to skate the mega ramp…..if you have the time of your life then maybe Venture are for you…..

it’s not totally like that but they are very different trucks.  You can have these feelings, but when you want these extremes…it merely supports the idea that the correct answer is to shut the fuck and ride Indy’s and stop caring like a normal human being…..

no one wants to hear that…..

LebowskisRug

« Reply #892 on: February 15, 2023, 10:18:53 AM »
Only way to know is to try. I recently setup a Baker 8.25 with Indy Forged. I had the 8.475 on Indy Standard this Summer but thought if I had forged and blue bushings maybe it would be more stable and pop better. Aside from 2 tricks, it feels fucking weird. Like unstable, nollie pop sucks, it's just too light for me and I'm an idiot. But, I got my answer on that one. Now it's got my Thunder 148s on and I'll try Ventures on it as well, but I don't worry when certain things don't work. I think the worry is what makes it madness. That and not having a setup to return home to, which I have.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #893 on: February 15, 2023, 01:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've had the conversation with my brother growing up like this.  The idea that being poor means that you can't freely get rid of shit because you don't know if you will be able to replace it, which can lead to collecting/hoarding.     

I have too many setups - I think around 10.  And I have a brand new Enjoi 8.75 deck sitting next to my desk, some Ace AF1s, and 3-4 sets of wheels I could use on it.  It's a disease.    I find deals ($29 for the Enjoi shipped.  Oh, someone on Facebook markeplace has Indy Ti for $40 - even though I don't need them.  etc..) and then don't pass the stuff on that I don't like because just maybe it'll work with this other setup. 

If I hadn't grown up poor, I feel like I would be a lot more free to give up on things.  Take the Ace AF1s.  I have tried them on at least 4 boards and can't ollie for shit with them.   But maybe if I try them on X board they will work.  No?  Ok, how about this one?  I have decks that for whatever reason haven't worked out, but I keep them around because maybe I'll come back to them.  Spoiler - I seldom do. 

Now here's the fucking kicker.  Last fall I scored a great job.  I'm solidly in the 6 figures, with a likely 20% bonus coming in September, and my wife has a job.  It's the first time in many years that I'm not concerned about cash flow.   But I'm still doing shit like waiting for the SkateWarehouse sale where I can get a shop deck with grip for $16 after buying a sale deck.   

Yup. I keep trying these ACE 44s and they’re just so sketchy to me. I enjoy how they turn, cause they give me a little bit more control than Indys, but they’re weird. I have them super tight and they’re still too turny lol.

Got an Indy and Krux bushings in them cause the stock ones caused them to stick to one side. I’m 240lbs and feel like I’m too heavy for them.

I should get rid of these but it’s hard, I feel like I need to get my monies worth lol. Plus part of me hates that Indys are my favorite truck cause it’s so basic 😅

IpathCats

« Reply #894 on: February 16, 2023, 11:34:13 AM »
Alright fellow lunatics. I'm on the cast plates with ti hangers, found this recently and enjoyed it, it was literally just my madness creeping in that made me question it. still need to settle the 54 vs 56 mm classics. have even considered throwing a 54 or 52 radial back into the mix now that im shying away from the larger diameter classic.

I'm thinking i liked the 56mm classic for so long because the larger diameter worked better for me on the forged plates and gave it a little more heft. making my overall height close to 54mm with cast plates.

I MIGHT try the hollow cast plates out at somepoint.

But i know that 55mm tall trucks with wheels around 54 is what i want.

I know @Sedition was asking me to report back, and I have def found that the heavier cast plate keeping the weight distribution towards the center gives me a feeling of more control. maybe im crazy, maybe its in my head, but it def feels better and like i have more control of my board in the air

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yup. I keep trying these ACE 44s and they’re just so sketchy to me. I enjoy how they turn, cause they give me a little bit more control than Indys, but they’re weird. I have them super tight and they’re still too turny lol.

Got an Indy and Krux bushings in them cause the stock ones caused them to stick to one side. I’m 240lbs and feel like I’m too heavy for them.

I should get rid of these but it’s hard, I feel like I need to get my monies worth lol. Plus part of me hates that Indys are my favorite truck cause it’s so basic 😅

I think that's probably a fair assessment, I have the ace hard bushing kit in mine and i run them with a couple threads showing and im 160ish.

If you're set on aces, You should just get some super hard bushings for them.

Ventures might suit you better. idk.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #895 on: February 16, 2023, 11:40:48 AM »
Alright fellow lunatics. I'm on the cast plates with ti hangers, found this recently and enjoyed it, it was literally just my madness creeping in that made me question it. still need to settle the 54 vs 56 mm classics. have even considered throwing a 54 or 52 radial back into the mix now that im shying away from the larger diameter classic.

I'm thinking i liked the 56mm classic for so long because the larger diameter worked better for me on the forged plates and gave it a little more heft. making my overall height close to 54mm with cast plates.

I MIGHT try the hollow cast plates out at somepoint.

But i know that 55mm tall trucks with wheels around 54 is what i want.

I know @Sedition was asking me to report back, and I have def found that the heavier cast plate keeping the weight distribution towards the center gives me a feeling of more control. maybe im crazy, maybe its in my head, but it def feels better and like i have more control of my board in the air

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think that's probably a fair assessment, I have the ace hard bushing kit in mine and i run them with a couple threads showing and im 160ish.

If you're set on aces, You should just get some super hard bushings for them.

Ventures might suit you better. idk.
Yeah I’m going to try Venture. I actually like how they look more than the other trucks, so hopefully they work well for me. I have Indy, Thunder, Krux also, and the ACEs are the only ones I lowkey hate. Which sucks cause I know they’re great trucks. Just not for me I guess.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #896 on: February 16, 2023, 11:42:36 AM »

I setup some mini logos with ACE risers and bones x97s, so, so, sooooooo smooth. The ACE risers aren't rubber/shock style, they're pliable but not super hard, sort of like the old (old) lucky risers.

I was trying to see if 99a spits with a softer riser would match up to the x97s, they didn't. Still lots of vibrations, less so than normal, but not like the dampening the x97s give.

IpathCats

« Reply #897 on: February 16, 2023, 11:45:14 AM »

Yeah I’m going to try Venture. I actually like how they look more than the other trucks, so hopefully they work well for me. I have Indy, Thunder, Krux also, and the ACEs are the only ones I lowkey hate. Which sucks cause I know they’re great trucks. Just not for me I guess.

Lots of people complain that ventures arent turny enough (myself included) but since youre a bigger dude i dont think you will have that issue as badly as others.

GODSPEED BROTHER

may your madness be settled.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #898 on: February 17, 2023, 09:36:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lots of people complain that ventures arent turny enough (myself included) but since youre a bigger dude i dont think you will have that issue as badly as others.

GODSPEED BROTHER

may your madness be settled.
Heard the same about Krux and the K5s turn great for me, almost like an Indy after I waxed the pivot cups and bushings. I just think they look budget so riding them kinda fucks with my head, like, "Why am I riding this when I have better gear?" 😭 So they stay on my cruiser.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #899 on: February 19, 2023, 03:14:16 PM »
Blah, thought I’d go back to a twin tail with one of my setups. Didn’t last two sessions. Just feels weird having both my trucks at the same tightness, feels like I’m going to swerve out because my back trucks are too loose.

Back to normal decks. Plus I kinda like having a longer nose.