Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 31894 times)

stevedave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2022, 03:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@BRINK YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS BRO?!
[close]

Hahaah I’m the whistleblower. Peep my IG stories. They owe me and others a LOT of money. But that’s nothing compared to the absolute trainwreck the org has become overall and how fucked the people currently running it are being. Way bigger problems. And I likely won’t even get paid at this point for talking but fuck it. I’m going with it. The people need to know.
[close]

Great work, but maybe don't dilute the important information in your IG stories with a trillion stupid memes?
[close]

It's not diluted as I have mainstream media hitting me up and the word is spreading ... and you are here talking about it. Leave the publishing and content syndication strategy to the guy who's been doing it professionally for 22 years. Get the info, enjoy the memes and leave the rest to me.

the last part of that was totally unnecessary, Brink.  No need to talk down to people who disagree with how you do things.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2022, 03:59:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaah I’m the whistleblower. Peep my IG stories. They owe me and others a LOT of money. But that’s nothing compared to the absolute trainwreck the org has become overall and how fucked the people currently running it are being. Way bigger problems. And I likely won’t even get paid at this point for talking but fuck it. I’m going with it. The people need to know.
[close]

Great work, but maybe don't dilute the important information in your IG stories with a trillion stupid memes?
[close]

It's not diluted as I have mainstream media hitting me up and the word is spreading ... and you are here talking about it. Leave the publishing and content syndication strategy to the guy who's been doing it professionally for 22 years. Get the info, enjoy the memes and leave the rest to me.

[close]

the last part of that was totally unnecessary, Brink.  No need to talk down to people who disagree with how you do things.

Yeah and since Slap is inherently anonymous, he doesn’t even know who he’s talking to.  And no amount of monetary offers to zoom chat or whatever will undo that essential premise

BRINK

• Rep: -934
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2022, 04:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Your perception is a bit skewed my friend. When you go beyond “disagreeing” and insult (“stupid”) what I’m doing … don’t expect respect in return. Also take your own advice and stop diluting this thread by making it about me. Stay on topic please.

BRINK

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 04:07:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah and since Slap is inherently anonymous, he doesn’t even know who he’s talking to.  And no amount of monetary offers to zoom chat or whatever will undo that essential premise

Ya it’s a shame no one here wanted to donate to charity instead of talk shit. If y’all were smart you woulda agreed en masse and run me broke donating to the Dylan foundation. 2 birds with one stone handed to y’all on a silver platter by yours truly.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2022, 04:13:58 PM »
It’s funny to me that Brinks posting off 2 different accounts in the same thread.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2022, 04:25:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ya it’s a shame no one here wanted to donate to charity instead of talk shit. If y’all were smart you woulda agreed en masse and run me broke donating to the Dylan foundation. 2 birds with one stone handed to y’all on a silver platter by yours truly.

Money must be really central to your world view.  Money surely makes the world go round, as it captured our attention when this financial crime was posted.  Good work on that.

But don’t you think it’s a little narcissistic trying to arrange “anonymous skaters” getting the “opportunity” to meet you?  Why would you think anyone would want that?  Why don’t you just donate to the foundation on your own accord?  Why do you want credit for this?  Your personality and messaging is definitely interfering with your primary cause, which, as usual, is fairly just and sound

BRINK

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2022, 04:26:33 PM »
This USA Skateboarding mess is also why  I was finally able to speak up about Bryce Wettstein’s dad last week. A little update … her management not longer reps her because of the Daily Mail incident and her dad being a dick to everyone in general. Absolutely killing her career. Sucks so bad.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2022, 04:30:55 PM »
This USA Skateboarding mess is also why  I was finally able to speak up about Bryce Wettstein’s dad last week. A little update … her management not longer reps her because of the Daily Mail incident and her dad being a dick to everyone in general. Absolutely killing her career. Sucks so bad.

That’s sad.  She doesn’t deserve that.

BRINK

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2022, 04:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Money must be really central to your world view.  Money surely makes the world go round, as it captured our attention when this financial crime was posted.  Good work on that.

But don’t you think it’s a little narcissistic trying to arrange “anonymous skaters” getting the “oppurtunity” to meet you?  Why would you think anyone would want that?  Why don’t you just donate to the foundation on your own accord?  Why do you want credit for this?  Your personality and messaging is definitely interfering with your primary cause, which, as usual, is fairly just and sound

Forgot how much you all love the word “narcissist” around here. No it was not the “opp to meet me” … it was to discuss differences instead of battling on here. Talk like real humans. The donation concept is to expose the priorities and the arbitrary ethics of those involved. To see of anyone would rather squash the beef and get to know each other and donate to charity in the process, because most Slap heads I’ve met … that’s exactly what happens when we meet IRL. Everything’s super cool.

For the record donate thousands of dollars annually to skaters in need (gofundme) and skate charities. Wanna see my taxes?

No … money isn’t that important to me. I’m risking 20 grand by talking about all this. I’ll probably never see it but don’t care.

Money is, however, very important to many people which is why you rarely see them  speaking like this.

And just because you want to pose the weak argument that this is “diluting” my cause doesn’t make it true. But this has all been a very cute attempt at psychoanalysis.

Can we get back to topic please? Or do you just wanna keep proving how much my mere presence can trigger you to no end?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m headed into therapy. Some of y’all should try it.

BRINK

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2022, 04:35:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s sad.  She doesn’t deserve that.

Not at all. Shes such a rad person.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2022, 04:41:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

But don’t you think it’s a little narcissistic trying to arrange “anonymous skaters” getting the “oppurtunity” to meet you?  Why would you think anyone would want that?  Why don’t you just donate to the foundation on your own accord?  Why do you want credit for this?  Your personality and messaging is definitely interfering with your primary cause, which, as usual, is fairly just and sound
[close]

Forgot how much you all love the word “narcissist” around here. No it was not the “opp to meet me” … it was to discuss differences instead of battling on here. Talk like real humans. The donation concept is to expose the priorities and the arbitrary ethics of those involved. To see of anyone would rather squash the beef and get to know each other and donate to charity in the process, because most Slap heads I’ve met … that’s exactly what happens when we meet IRL. Everything’s super cool.

For the record donate thousands of dollars annually to skaters in need (gofundme) and skate charities. Wanna see my taxes?

No … money isn’t that important to me. I’m risking 20 grand by talking about all this. I’ll probably never see it but don’t care.

Money is, however, very important to many people which is why you rarely see them  speaking like this.

And just because you want to pose the weak argument that this is “diluting” my cause doesn’t make it true. But this has all been a very cute attempt at psychoanalysis.

Can we get back to topic please? Or do you just wanna keep proving how much my mere presence can trigger you to no end?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m headed into therapy. Some of y’all should try it.

I’d say it’s interfering, because I am fully on your side in terms of this issue and actually think competitive skating is a valid discipline, unlike many here

Welcoming further updates on this topic

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 04:50:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Gotta say his name THREE times.
[close]

Still beating this dead horse of a joke … still not willing to take the bet I offered either … $100 … hell I’ll do $500.
You call it a joke, but not shitting you sweety, I said your name out loud three times after posting that, refreshed the screen a Few seconds later & what do you know?!?
Also, that “ dead horse” just lifted its head up from the dust & tried to bite me w/ a clap back, so I wouldn’t call it dead quite yet.
But… you don’t have to take my word, check some time stamps: they’ll prolly back my story.

Why are you trying to make this about you, when that’s what I was originally trying to do by tossing some propers your way in my 1st post in this here thread.
I’m still backing your effort here, even if it is motivated by spite/revenge/financial justice.
If those fucks owe you money, then it’s like OG Steve Olson said, “They Owe. Ooooooh, they owe!”

Just ‘cause I’m poking you in the ribs don’t mean I got beef with you, but go ahead & pull a Sheckler by “changing the narrative.” If it makes you feel better to believe I’m persecuting you, than by all means, have fun tilting at those windmills, baby.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:56:50 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2022, 04:58:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If I recollect correct, these guys are actually masquerading as a skateboard organization, when in fact, they were, prior to their current incarnation, the governing body of competive rollerskating/inline sports competitions.
My hard drive may be glitching on this file recall, but I’m pretty certain these fucks have no business speaking on behalf of skateboarders at all.
We probably owe ol’ Brinky a collective thank you & a pat on the back for shining the spotlight on these turkeys’ mismanagement.
I’m gonna guess they fucked him over personally, or maybe some friends of his & he decided he wasn’t having it.
Now if only he can get skating removed from the Olympics altogether, I’ll buy him a steak dinner to go with that back pat.
[close]

Skateboarding in the Olympics is a good thing.  It doesn't affect you but it does legitimize something globally that could potentially help more kids start skating.  The more kids/people skate, the better our industry does on a national and global scale. 

Also, I think you're referring to Worldskate which is a global entity that governs all sports performed on skating wheels which certainly applies to skateboarding. 

In general, what happens globally at this level in terms of how they handle skateboarding doesn't really affect your ability to go skate with your friends so I don't know why your panties are in a bunch.
[close]
You’re perfectly entitled to that opinion.
I disagree with you. My opinion is that YOUR opinion is rubbish & you can put it directly back into the dustbin you just hoisted it out of.
And to be clear, I was referring to USARS, which lead the effort as the designated US representative of FIRS.
Just because FIRS claims that ANY roller sports falls under their jurisdiction of oversight does not mean that they deserve the right to call the shots for skateboarders, when, prior to the Olympic push for skateboarding, they never had any association with skateboarding in this (or any?) country at all.
I’ll leave you with an agreement to disagree & a polite Fuck You.

you really have strong feelings about this don't you? lmao

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If I recollect correct, these guys are actually masquerading as a skateboard organization, when in fact, they were, prior to their current incarnation, the governing body of competive rollerskating/inline sports competitions.
My hard drive may be glitching on this file recall, but I’m pretty certain these fucks have no business speaking on behalf of skateboarders at all.
We probably owe ol’ Brinky a collective thank you & a pat on the back for shining the spotlight on these turkeys’ mismanagement.
I’m gonna guess they fucked him over personally, or maybe some friends of his & he decided he wasn’t having it.
Now if only he can get skating removed from the Olympics altogether, I’ll buy him a steak dinner to go with that back pat.
[close]

Skateboarding in the Olympics is a good thing.  It doesn't affect you but it does legitimize something globally that could potentially help more kids start skating.  The more kids/people skate, the better our industry does on a national and global scale. 

Also, I think you're referring to Worldskate which is a global entity that governs all sports performed on skating wheels which certainly applies to skateboarding. 

In general, what happens globally at this level in terms of how they handle skateboarding doesn't really affect your ability to go skate with your friends so I don't know why your panties are in a bunch.
[close]
You’re perfectly entitled to that opinion.
I disagree with you. My opinion is that YOUR opinion is rubbish & you can put it directly back into the dustbin you just hoisted it out of.
And to be clear, I was referring to USARS, which lead the effort as the designated US representative of FIRS.
Just because FIRS claims that ANY roller sports falls under their jurisdiction of oversight does not mean that they deserve the right to call the shots for skateboarders, when, prior to the Olympic push for skateboarding, they never had any association with skateboarding in this (or any?) country at all.
I’ll leave you with an agreement to disagree & a polite Fuck You.
[close]

you really have strong feelings about this don't you? lmao
Yep.
Very.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2022, 05:07:49 PM »
Just read the Daily Mail piece on Bryce Wettstein's dad. Again, my conclusion, skateboarding doesn't need this shit. Trans skaters in competitions, it would be a non-issue if left to actual skateboarders to discuss. Another reason we don't need these entities making decisions for us.

Skateboarding in the Olympics might actually end up being to the detriment of our inclusivity.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
And Papa Wettstein never made with the dad dick pics he promised us. For shame!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2022, 05:17:46 PM »
Yeah assuming Brink was the one who deleted it… but that thread was taken from us too soon

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2022, 05:31:26 PM »
Yeah assuming Brink was the one who deleted it… but that thread was taken from us too soon
Now HERE’s a question that begs an answer.
And one Brink may hold the answer to.
Brink, you delete that thread?
And if so, was it under duress from either HSP, Stereo, or one of this Wettstein dude’s legal representatives?
Or did it just go away?
Also willing to allow that you may have been concerned about the unfortunate publicity this brought to a young pro skater trying to make her way in the world, and you decided to kill the thread out of a sense of regret.
Eagerly awaiting your response.

BRINK

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2022, 06:11:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Gotta say his name THREE times.
[close]

Still beating this dead horse of a joke … still not willing to take the bet I offered either … $100 … hell I’ll do $500.
[close]
You call it a joke, but not shitting you sweety, I said your name out loud three times after posting that, refreshed the screen a Few seconds later & what do you know?!?
Also, that “ dead horse” just lifted its head up from the dust & tried to bite me w/ a clap back, so I wouldn’t call it dead quite yet.
But… you don’t have to take my word, check some time stamps: they’ll prolly back my story.

Why are you trying to make this about you, when that’s what I was originally trying to do by tossing some propers your way in my 1st post in this here thread.
I’m still backing your effort here, even if it is motivated by spite/revenge/financial justice.
If those fucks owe you money, then it’s like OG Steve Olson said, “They Owe. Ooooooh, they owe!”

Just ‘cause I’m poking you in the ribs don’t mean I got beef with you, but go ahead & pull a Sheckler by “changing the narrative.” If it makes you feel better to believe I’m persecuting you, than by all means, have fun tilting at those windmills, baby.

I was tagged into this thread. Right before you posted.

BRINK

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2022, 06:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Now HERE’s a question that begs an answer.
And one Brink may hold the answer to.
Brink, you delete that thread?
And if so, was it under duress from either HSP, Stereo, or one of this Wettstein dude’s legal representatives?
Or did it just go away?
Also willing to allow that you may have been concerned about the unfortunate publicity this brought to a young pro skater trying to make her way in the world, and you decided to kill the thread out of a sense of regret.
Eagerly awaiting your response.

I did because Max was lying. And everyone saw what they needed to see after 2 days. And I’m not gonna give him the opportunity, on my watch, in a thread I created to just sit there and lie through his teeth. Way diff with you and me ribbing each other … know what I mean? Just wanted to get him on the radar. No pressure or fear or anything like that. If those things were my concern I’d keep my mouth shut to begin with. But yes … it’s a fine line between dealing with Max and not wanting to impact Bryce … but truth be told, I could never … and will never … harm her career more than her own dad is and will do.

BRINK

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2022, 06:23:03 PM »

Sorry guys. If he was being truthful I woulda left it. I’m sure you can summon him back now that he has an account. Ask him about the new blow he just dealt to his daughter’s career!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2022, 06:30:21 PM »
Coming to SLAP and complaining about people talking shit is like going to the beach and bitching that people are swimming. What the fuck did you expect?

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2022, 06:49:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry guys. If he was being truthful I woulda left it. I’m sure you can summon him back now that he has an account. Ask him about the new blow he just dealt to his daughter’s career!

Thought we had a geniune scoop for a second

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2022, 06:52:03 PM »
I wish I knew what anyone was talking about but it’s still fun just to read everything.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2022, 06:59:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i didnt know the olympics wasnt paying their employees, maybe theyre more core than i thought
[close]
[close]

Seems like Sinclair has his hands in everything these days.

“The budgets fucked”

BRINK

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2022, 07:02:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I mentioned it earlier. Was referring to management.

BRINK

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2022, 07:02:53 PM »
I wish I knew what anyone was talking about but it’s still fun just to read everything.

Same

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2022, 07:07:07 PM »
guys it was my birthday on Sunday

BRINK

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2022, 07:10:50 PM »
guys it was my birthday on Sunday

Sawcon 👏🏻  Shalom

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2022, 07:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I mentioned it earlier. Was referring to management.

This was the rep, I take it

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7540676/bio

“Yulin Olliver (she/her) joined Wasserman in 2019 and is an agent in the Action Sports group. With a commitment to elevating and empowering Black, women, and gender non-conforming skateboarders, snowboarders and surfers to experience extraordinary careers, Olliver represents Olympians, young phemons and legends including back-to-back SLS world champion and legend Leo Baker (they/them), Olympian and two-time X Games gold medalist Mariah Duran (she/her), pro skater Jenn Soto (she/her), and Olympian Bryce Wettstein (she/her).”

Makes sense why she couldn’t be connected to Max’s talking points.