Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 31892 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2022, 07:44:23 PM »
guys it was my birthday on Sunday

Happy belated!

It was my father in laws today.

Burt Ward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2022, 07:46:28 PM »

Did you have cake?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2022, 07:55:07 PM »
This is amazing:

FINDING: USA Skateboarding does not have a written statement of ethics that guides employees and members.

USOPC RESPONSE:  For the audit period of 2022, USA Skateboarding does not meet the standard. However, as of January 1, 2023, this will no longer be a requirement; thus, no remediation action is required.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2022, 07:57:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you have cake?

Yeah it was really good :)

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2022, 08:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you have cake?
[close]

What kind of cake was it?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2022, 08:10:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you have cake?
[close]

[close]
What kind of cake was it?

Sponge? Bunt? Moon? Patty?

BRINK

• Rep: -934
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2022, 08:38:50 PM »
This is amazing:

FINDING: USA Skateboarding does not have a written statement of ethics that guides employees and members.

USOPC RESPONSE:  For the audit period of 2022, USA Skateboarding does not meet the standard. However, as of January 1, 2023, this will no longer be a requirement; thus, no remediation action is required.

I tripped on this too when I saw it.

boogs

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2022, 08:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
If I recollect correct, these guys are actually masquerading as a skateboard organization, when in fact, they were, prior to their current incarnation, the governing body of competive rollerskating/inline sports competitions.
My hard drive may be glitching on this file recall, but I’m pretty certain these fucks have no business speaking on behalf of skateboarders at all.
We probably owe ol’ Brinky a collective thank you & a pat on the back for shining the spotlight on these turkeys’ mismanagement.
I’m gonna guess they fucked him over personally, or maybe some friends of his & he decided he wasn’t having it.
Now if only he can get skating removed from the Olympics altogether, I’ll buy him a steak dinner to go with that back pat.
[close]

Skateboarding in the Olympics is a good thing.  It doesn't affect you but it does legitimize something globally that could potentially help more kids start skating.  The more kids/people skate, the better our industry does on a national and global scale. 

Also, I think you're referring to Worldskate which is a global entity that governs all sports performed on skating wheels which certainly applies to skateboarding. 

In general, what happens globally at this level in terms of how they handle skateboarding doesn't really affect your ability to go skate with your friends so I don't know why your panties are in a bunch.

definitely works for globe and/or dwindle

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2022, 09:32:16 PM »
wasn’t there some mention of team usa encouraging crowdfunding to get riders plane tickets to the olympics, as they weren’t covering the flights themselves?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

BRINK

« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2022, 10:22:56 PM »
wasn’t there some mention of team usa encouraging crowdfunding to get riders plane tickets to the olympics, as they weren’t covering the flights themselves?

No as an org we are responsible for raising money through sponsors and donors to support the athletes. That’s the main purpose. Yes some of them have their own money but that’s not how it works. Just like any other professional athlete has their expenses paid by their team or org. They don’t pay out of pocket to fly to games, etc.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2022, 10:38:01 PM »
I’m aggressively uninterested and yes I took the time to comment this.

BRINK

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2022, 10:49:13 PM »
I’m aggressively uninterested and yes I took the time to comment this.

Its aggressively boring shit tbh

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2022, 10:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@BRINK YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS BRO?!
[close]

Hahaah I’m the whistleblower. Peep my IG stories. They owe me and others a LOT of money. But that’s nothing compared to the absolute trainwreck the org has become overall and how fucked the people currently running it are being. Way bigger problems. And I likely won’t even get paid at this point for talking but fuck it. I’m going with it. The people need to know.
[close]

Great work, but maybe don't dilute the important information in your IG stories with a trillion stupid memes?
[close]

It's not diluted as I have mainstream media hitting me up and the word is spreading ... and you are here talking about it. Leave the publishing and content syndication strategy to the guy who's been doing it professionally for 22 years. Get the info, enjoy the memes and leave the rest to me.

Yeah idk man you're not the only one working in this field professionally and tbh your insta stories and the way you're defending it on here makes you look borderline manic (or drunk), not professional. You have a cock meme on your stories right in between making a case about a missing ethics statement and when somebody tells you the meme is stupid you take it as a personal insult and am incentive to condescend...

Still kudos for exposing the story! Is there any hope there'll be actual consequences and it ends up in skaters hands?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:10:47 PM by SR ACF »

BRINK

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2022, 11:12:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaah I’m the whistleblower. Peep my IG stories. They owe me and others a LOT of money. But that’s nothing compared to the absolute trainwreck the org has become overall and how fucked the people currently running it are being. Way bigger problems. And I likely won’t even get paid at this point for talking but fuck it. I’m going with it. The people need to know.
[close]

Great work, but maybe don't dilute the important information in your IG stories with a trillion stupid memes?
[close]

It's not diluted as I have mainstream media hitting me up and the word is spreading ... and you are here talking about it. Leave the publishing and content syndication strategy to the guy who's been doing it professionally for 22 years. Get the info, enjoy the memes and leave the rest to me.

[close]

Yeah idk man you're not the only one working in this field professionally and tbh your insta stories and the way you're defending it on here makes you look borderline manic (or drunk), not professional. You have a cock meme on your stories right in between making a case about a missing ethics statement and when somebody tells you the meme is stupid you take it as a personal insult and am incentive to condescend...

Still kudos for exposing the story! Is there any hope there'll be actual consequences and it ends up in skaters hands?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cock memes are funny.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2022, 11:23:00 PM »
It’s Brink’s world.  We’re all just living in it.

SR ACF

« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2022, 11:23:43 PM »
Are they funny to, I don't know let's say: a lawyer trying to build a case against you on behalf of the very people you're trying to get indicted. Like is it so far fetched to suggest you might have also found it funny to share such memes with the Olympic team's athletes some.of whom are very underage?

Playing devil's advocate here but you just can't seriously argue against these unfunny memes (because they really aren't, just cringey dad humour) diluting your primary cause. You posted it on here yourself earlier: Stay on topic!

BRINK

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2022, 11:25:36 PM »
Are they funny to, I don't know let's say: a lawyer trying to build a case against you on behalf of the very people you're trying to get indicted. Like is it so far fetched to suggest you might have also found it funny to share such memes with the Olympic team's athletes some.of whom are very underage?

Playing devil's advocate here but you just can't seriously argue against these unfunny memes (because they really aren't, just cringey dad humour) diluting your primary cause. You posted it on here yourself earlier: Stay on topic!

What are you even talking about dude. No my memes cannot get me in legal trouble. My release from the company is documented as because of “budgetary reasons” because that’s what happened and nothing will change that. I also no longer work for any olympic-related organization so it doesnt matter what memes I post. But keep scrambling to morph this into the very popular “anti-Brink” narrative yet again, at any cost, here on Slap.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:33:10 PM by BRINK »

SR ACF

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2022, 11:31:27 PM »
Your choice wether you wanna take other people's advice / opinions on here seriously but for the greater causes sake let's judt hope you're right.

BRINK

« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2022, 11:33:29 PM »
Your choice wether you wanna take other people's advice / opinions on here seriously but for the greater causes sake let's judt hope you're right.

I’m right.

Wow … 2022 … the year Slap starts condemning memes.

BRINK

« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2022, 11:36:53 PM »
It’s Brink’s world.  We’re all just living in it.

Def how it seems here from the amount of attention I get even when shit isn’t about me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

People would rather turn a thread into insulting me than to just have the dialogue that the thread is about. Its wild.

SR ACF

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2022, 11:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m right.

Wow … 2022 … the year Slap starts condemning stupid memes.

Fixed it for you.

BRINK

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2022, 11:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m right.

Wow … 2022 … the year Slap starts condemning stupid memes.
[close]

Fixed it for you.

Edgy

newguy

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2022, 12:03:18 AM »
I wish I knew what anyone was talking about but it’s still fun just to read everything.

Part of the greatness of SLAP, you can still laugh your arse off from drama even with zero context of why, who, when

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2022, 12:05:47 AM »
Woah woah woah, why are we glossing over the cake talk? Any chance it was chocolate cake?

BRINK

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2022, 12:22:16 AM »
If I recollect correct, these guys are actually masquerading as a skateboard organization, when in fact, they were, prior to their current incarnation, the governing body of competive rollerskating/inline sports competitions.
My hard drive may be glitching on this file recall, but I’m pretty certain these fucks have no business speaking on behalf of skateboarders at all.
We probably owe ol’ Brinky a collective thank you & a pat on the back for shining the spotlight on these turkeys’ mismanagement.
I’m gonna guess they fucked him over personally, or maybe some friends of his & he decided he wasn’t having it.
Now if only he can get skating removed from the Olympics altogether, I’ll buy him a steak dinner to go with that back pat.

This post, in a nutshell, basically states everything that needs to be said about this “Olympic skateboarding team”. Really nothing else needs to be said… beyond that, I can’t imagine why anyone should care about the Olympic skateboarding team and anything that has to do with it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 02:55:50 AM by JRF »
//////////

BRINK

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2022, 12:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This post, in a nutshell, basically states the everything that needs to be said about this “Olympic skateboarding team”. Really nothing else needs to be said… beyond that, I can’t imagine why anyone should care about the Olympic skateboarding team and anything that has to do with it.

I’ll take sushi instead of steak. Thanks Lou 😘

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

JRF

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2022, 01:45:48 AM »

Happy belated birthday!! Hoping it was a good one!
//////////

JRF

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2022, 01:46:59 AM »
//////////