Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109129 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #540 on: November 30, 2022, 10:13:50 PM »
Doesn’t Reynolds talk about how he couldn’t afford it and sold it for a loss in epicly later’d too? If he bought in 2007-8 and sold a few years later he probably lost a lot of money on it…

He also seems to have had a marriage end and CA is a no fault state. 

FrenchSkater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #541 on: December 01, 2022, 12:17:56 AM »
I think his choice for new Balance is also for protection .. Unfortunately, I was a very big loyal to emerica for years, but I find that their shoes no longer protect like before .. same for Lakai .. I I'm now skating new Balance, and I feel totally safe and the shoes have really good cushioning..

Unfortunately for the real skate brands that remain in my heart, I think the two shoe brands that really protect today are Nike and NB. (Well it's a 30-year-old skateboarder who tells you that haha)

Shesty

• Rep: -8
« Reply #542 on: December 01, 2022, 05:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
You're fried if you think Reynolds isn't still a top pro and doesn't deserve a shoe deal
[close]

Reynolds is like skateboarding's Tom Brady but instead of controversy, everyone loves him. And he has nearly a million Instagram followers, which puts him in the top tier of pro skaters with social media influence.

Agree, only pros on his level that I can think of are AVE, Kalis and Hawk

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #543 on: December 01, 2022, 06:24:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just hope this doesn’t mean more shake junt colorways on another brand
[close]

I hope NB is classy enough to not do a shake junt colorway no one needs green and yellow shoes.
[close]

Um...

[close]

This is the unofficial shake junt color way. The official design has three blunts laid out to make the N.
[close]

it looks more like the Oregon Ducks colorway to me
[close]
Would you accept Green Bay Packers?
[close]

Def not Oregon Ducks - that’s kinda Nike’s home team

Good point, and Adidas lol

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

manysnakes

« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2022, 06:48:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You're fried if you think Reynolds isn't still a top pro and doesn't deserve a shoe deal
[close]
[close]

I think the argument is more that we likely trend older on these boards and have grown up with Reynolds and love him.    I have no idea how 14-20 years feel about him and likely sponsorship dollars are being used to bolster pros that those kids will love and follow for a decade and I don’t think Reynolds necessarily is that in their eyes.   

Reynolds should be someone who has earned the right to live off of skateboarding in some capacity forever, but the metric for top pro isn’t necessarily connected to longevity and talent.
[close]

I am 20 a lot of my skate friends are around the same age, we all love Reynolds

I saw his colorway all over when it came out, and was especially popular with BMX riders.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #545 on: December 01, 2022, 07:07:13 AM »
I know he's on the down slope of the career but some of the comments in here makes it seem like he's Tom Penny back on es levels of milking it. His latest baker part proves he's still looking solid on his board and deserving of a shoe deal for at least another 5 years.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #546 on: December 01, 2022, 07:18:50 AM »
I know he's on the down slope of the career but some of the comments in here makes it seem like he's Tom Penny back on es levels of milking it. His latest baker part proves he's still looking solid on his board and deserving of a shoe deal for at least another 5 years.
He used to set the trends though. Like when I got into skating all the CCS catalogs were basically all Andrew Reynolds Emericas or Altamont products and before that Krew. Everyone at my skatepark wanted to be him or dress like him. Now he's the one following the trends.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #547 on: December 01, 2022, 07:23:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He used to set the trends though. Like when I got into skating all the CCS catalogs were basically all Andrew Reynolds Emericas or Altamont products and before that Krew. Everyone at my skatepark wanted to be him or dress like him. Now he's the one following the trends.

Maybe he’s not setting trends at this stage but I don’t see grown ass Boss just randomly following trends; dude just shreds.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #548 on: December 01, 2022, 07:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think the problem is expecting a 44 year old to set trends in an industry who's prime trend setters are between 18 and 25. I also don't think he's following trends, hes just paying attention. Look at the team he's built. It's his job to be able to see and flow with trends. If he was following, he would be slappying in way baggier pants on 9.0 boards. He's kinda just skating like himself with lower impact obstacles.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 288
« Reply #549 on: December 01, 2022, 07:53:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I think the problem is expecting a 44 year old to set trends in an industry who's prime trend setters are between 18 and 25. I also don't think he's following trends, hes just paying attention. Look at the team he's built. It's his job to be able to see and flow with trends. If he was following, he would be slappying in way baggier pants on 9.0 boards. He's kinda just skating like himself with lower impact obstacles.
Skating low impact in a variety of understated clothing, baseball caps, and sensible shoes. This is a trend I'm fully backing (and currently taking a part in)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #550 on: December 01, 2022, 08:02:25 AM »
Reynolds in 1010s in the new supreme video

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: December 01, 2022, 10:39:07 AM »
Untitled by
From spanky's now deleted post

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #552 on: December 01, 2022, 10:49:00 AM »
pretty safe to say hes on at this point

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #553 on: December 01, 2022, 10:55:09 AM »
Doesn’t Reynolds talk about how he couldn’t afford it and sold it for a loss in epicly later’d too? If he bought in 2007-8 and sold a few years later he probably lost a lot of money on it…

Also, building a mini-skatepark in the backyard is a very niche amenity. Unless you sell it to a skateboarding family, that actually will drive the price down because 99% of the people interested in the house will need to spend money to tear it out and re-do the backyard and they will want that money to come off the cost of the home.

In terms of shoe deal, it seems clear he's on NB but I'm holding out hope this is all a wild mis-direct and we get a "welcome back!" part in the new Emerica video dropping soon.

manysnakes

« Reply #554 on: December 01, 2022, 11:00:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol

lmao

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #555 on: December 01, 2022, 11:02:44 AM »
Untitled by

i had to zoom in and it got grainy but its wild how much those remind me of reynolds 1 emericas.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #556 on: December 01, 2022, 11:07:38 AM »
Hyped on this! Those brown Tiago's look great. I've mostly been wearing 1010's these past couple years, they're tied with Dunks for my favorite shoe.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #557 on: December 01, 2022, 11:37:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also, building a mini-skatepark in the backyard is a very niche amenity. Unless you sell it to a skateboarding family, that actually will drive the price down because 99% of the people interested in the house will need to spend money to tear it out and re-do the backyard and they will want that money to come off the cost of the home.

In terms of shoe deal, it seems clear he's on NB but I'm holding out hope this is all a wild mis-direct and we get a "welcome back!" part in the new Emerica video dropping soon.

FWIW this is what $2.7M gets you in west hollywood off sunset.

3 bed, 2.5 bath on .16 acre. Wherever he got a house with enough of a yard for a park for $2M seems like a steal.

For what I paid for my 4 bed, 3 bath house on .75 acre in Delaware I couldn't get a 1 bed .5 bath condo in Long Beach
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #558 on: December 01, 2022, 11:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

3 bed, 2.5 bath on .16 acre. Wherever he got a house with enough of a yard for a park for $2M seems like a steal.

For what I paid for my 4 bed, 3 bath house on .75 acre in Delaware I couldn't get a 1 bed .5 bath condo in Long Beach
That's the tax you pay for being within skating distance of cherry park

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #559 on: December 01, 2022, 11:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by
[close]

i had to zoom in and it got grainy but its wild how much those remind me of reynolds 1 emericas.
Fuck if they do put him on they have to give him some colours of the 1010 even tho it's tiagos shoe I'm sure he'll understand. Throwbacks to the Reynolds 1 that dark brown pebble leather with black and the navy with grey mumma mia

doyle

• Rep: 213
« Reply #560 on: December 01, 2022, 12:13:23 PM »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #561 on: December 01, 2022, 12:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol come on dude you're old enough to understand how aging works by this point

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #562 on: December 01, 2022, 12:47:11 PM »
Hyped on this! Those brown Tiago's look great. I've mostly been wearing 1010's these past couple years, they're tied with Dunks for my favorite shoe.

I'm new to the NB game. Picked up some 212's and 440 highs the other day. Some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm a huge fan of the Converse Fastbreak Pros, which is what prompted me to consider the 440 highs. Don't think I'll be going back to the Fastbreak. The 440 highs felt amazing from the first kickflip.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #563 on: December 01, 2022, 12:55:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm new to the NB game. Picked up some 212's and 440 highs the other day. Some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm a huge fan of the Converse Fastbreak Pros, which is what prompted me to consider the 440 highs. Don't think I'll be going back to the Fastbreak. The 440 highs felt amazing from the first kickflip.

Am I the only one that got blisters on my Achilles from 440s? Two pairs did me dirty so I gave up on em. I had the Westgate NBs and liked how they felt but the sole wore out too fast

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #564 on: December 01, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are you costing from like 2006 or whatever? Housing prices and inflation have skewed that a lot. But regardless, the point stands that just because he had an expensive house at one point, knowing what we know about the fickle nature of getting paid in skating, that doesn’t mean he’s a multi-millionaire right now.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #565 on: December 01, 2022, 04:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Are you costing from like 2006 or whatever? Housing prices and inflation have skewed that a lot. But regardless, the point stands that just because he had an expensive house at one point, knowing what we know about the fickle nature of getting paid in skating, that doesn’t mean he’s a multi-millionaire right now.

Ex wife / child support

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 288
« Reply #566 on: December 01, 2022, 04:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
That's the tax you pay for being within skating distance of cherry park
Delaware: No sales tax, personal property tax, or skating distance of cherry park tax. Damn what a place.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #567 on: December 01, 2022, 04:43:15 PM »
It surprises me how often I forget that Delaware exists and is a state.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #568 on: December 01, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »

can you tell me more about it?  is it close to Cherry park and if so, is there a related tax?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #569 on: December 01, 2022, 05:40:34 PM »