Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 110232 times)

Jud Nestorkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #570 on: December 01, 2022, 08:44:51 PM »
High school me would have been tripping if I knew one day Reynolds would be skating in baggy jeans and gray New Balances.

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #571 on: December 01, 2022, 09:39:14 PM »
High school me would have been tripping if I knew one day Reynolds would be skating in baggy jeans and gray New Balances.

Shut the fuck up no you wouldn’t lol. You would’ve had your mom grab you a straight fit pair of anchor blue jeans at the mall.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 58
« Reply #572 on: December 01, 2022, 09:48:05 PM »
I think his choice for new Balance is also for protection .. Unfortunately, I was a very big loyal to emerica for years, but I find that their shoes no longer protect like before .. same for Lakai .. I I'm now skating new Balance, and I feel totally safe and the shoes have really good cushioning..

Unfortunately for the real skate brands that remain in my heart, I think the two shoe brands that really protect today are Nike and NB. (Well it's a 30-year-old skateboarder who tells you that haha)

This is unfortunately true for me as well.  I switch to vans this years coming from blazers for the past 5 years.  I’ve never had so many injuries.   Yes I’m old.  But damn.  It’s been a rough one.  So I benched the vans and now on the NB440H and it’s so much better.  For me. I do feel like they just “fit” good with appropriate amount of material in the right places.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Welpok

• Rep: 14
« Reply #573 on: December 01, 2022, 10:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
I think his choice for new Balance is also for protection .. Unfortunately, I was a very big loyal to emerica for years, but I find that their shoes no longer protect like before .. same for Lakai .. I I'm now skating new Balance, and I feel totally safe and the shoes have really good cushioning..

Unfortunately for the real skate brands that remain in my heart, I think the two shoe brands that really protect today are Nike and NB. (Well it's a 30-year-old skateboarder who tells you that haha)
[close]

This is unfortunately true for me as well.  I switch to vans this years coming from blazers for the past 5 years.  I’ve never had so many injuries.   Yes I’m old.  But damn.  It’s been a rough one.  So I benched the vans and now on the NB440H and it’s so much better.  For me. I do feel like they just “fit” good with appropriate amount of material in the right places.
You both are making me question my choices for shoes now. I guess I should probably skate something else that will protect my feet. It's just that cupsole shoes are so hard for me to skate. I'm too used to vulcs.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
« Reply #574 on: December 01, 2022, 10:18:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You both are making me question my choices for shoes now. I guess I should probably skate something else that will protect my feet. It's just that cupsole shoes are so hard for me to skate. I'm too used to vulcs.
What if you start with like a Lucas indoor then go to the other Lucas/Nora then a superstar then the tyshawn and so on (or whatever shoes but like going from minimal to full classic dad cup)

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #575 on: December 01, 2022, 10:29:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shut the fuck up no you wouldn’t lol. You would’ve had your mom grab you a straight fit pair of anchor blue jeans at the mall.

Anchore Blue "Beyond Baggy" jeans had a chokehold on me and my crew in Jr. High. Classic brand in the mid-late 90's.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #576 on: December 02, 2022, 12:57:05 AM »
I love the idea of the Boss being on NB#.
For me Numeric feels like early 2000's éS. Great shoes and am amazing team.
Never gave a shit about 1010's until now. Let's hope to see a Reynolds 2020 and not some 1010 colorway.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #577 on: December 02, 2022, 01:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Anchore Blue "Beyond Baggy" jeans had a chokehold on me and my crew in Jr. High. Classic brand in the mid-late 90's.
I was born in 1991 and in high school I basically looked like a mix of Chris Cole in Ride The Sky and early Baker era Reynolds when he used to wear leather jackets a lot.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #578 on: December 02, 2022, 01:22:26 AM »
It's a Reynolds NB 8055 or nothin'
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: December 02, 2022, 01:27:53 AM »
Off Vans

Squeak

• Rep: 2
« Reply #580 on: December 02, 2022, 01:36:02 AM »
More like old balance ya pack of dick knobs

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #581 on: December 02, 2022, 04:03:40 AM »
It's a Reynolds NB 8055 or nothin'
Oh God, that's freaking genius
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #582 on: December 02, 2022, 06:10:45 AM »
Expand Quote
i had to zoom in and it got grainy but its wild how much those remind me of reynolds 1 emericas.
[close]
Fuck if they do put him on they have to give him some colours of the 1010 even tho it's tiagos shoe I'm sure he'll understand. Throwbacks to the Reynolds 1 that dark brown pebble leather with black and the navy with grey mumma mia

the navy with grey...oh man i forgot about that colorway. so sick.

IpathCats

« Reply #583 on: December 02, 2022, 06:18:28 AM »
I feel like reynolds did his best shit in bulkier cupsoles. the 1010 seems like a great shoe for him.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #584 on: December 02, 2022, 07:00:33 AM »
Off Vans

20 pages to finally get some reality

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #585 on: December 02, 2022, 07:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hyped on this! Those brown Tiago's look great. I've mostly been wearing 1010's these past couple years, they're tied with Dunks for my favorite shoe.
[close]

I'm new to the NB game. Picked up some 212's and 440 highs the other day. Some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm a huge fan of the Converse Fastbreak Pros, which is what prompted me to consider the 440 highs. Don't think I'll be going back to the Fastbreak. The 440 highs felt amazing from the first kickflip.
[close]

Am I the only one that got blisters on my Achilles from 440s? Two pairs did me dirty so I gave up on em. I had the Westgate NBs and liked how they felt but the sole wore out too fast

The one thing I did notice about the 440's is that they run a little big, similar to the CONS CTAS. I'm normally a 10.5 in most shoes, but I'm a 10 in the 440's. It sounds like you might have sized them incorrectly. I could be wrong though. Sometimes our feet just don't vibe with certain shoes. Back in like 2010, I really wanted a pair of Janoski's but they were just too damn narrow for my feet. I had to go up a full size to get my feet into them.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #586 on: December 02, 2022, 07:44:00 AM »
We all knew Reynolds on vans was good for him financially but we also knew his feet must have been hurting like hell on those thin paper shoes.

He really needs NB impact protection to keep on doing gaps and stuff he's been famous for.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #587 on: December 02, 2022, 07:47:11 AM »
I hope he does the skate equivalent of getting in incredible shape after a break up and flexes with a crazy NB part.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #588 on: December 02, 2022, 09:04:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Off Vans

[close]

20 pages to finally get some reality

It’s the 3rd time thsts been posted

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #589 on: December 02, 2022, 09:36:14 AM »

Sick ass burn bro. You sure told us

shotvx

• Rep: 4
« Reply #590 on: December 02, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »
He has never been, and he will never be and fit in a better place than Emerica.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #591 on: December 02, 2022, 11:19:01 AM »
I think he fits current NB better than he would current Emerica. His era of Emerica is no more, time to move on.

IpathCats

« Reply #592 on: December 02, 2022, 11:23:38 AM »

SLAM!

I think he fits current NB better than he would current Emerica. His era of Emerica is no more, time to move on.

BIG FAX

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2306
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #593 on: December 02, 2022, 12:08:01 PM »
Imagine wearing the same brand of shoes exclusively for 20 years. Hell I'd be switching up my sponsor now and then even if it meant losing money!

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #594 on: December 02, 2022, 12:16:10 PM »

No more 2 page spreads of a handrail in a green tint? RIP

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #595 on: December 02, 2022, 12:55:27 PM »
Nb Reynolds pro shoe coming soon.

wax poetic

• Rep: 46
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #596 on: December 02, 2022, 02:45:29 PM »
I'll just leave this here ...  (from his last post with the RVCA clothing)  ... looks like we'll be blessed with a new Reynolds shoe soon not just a color way!

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #597 on: December 02, 2022, 02:46:06 PM »
I'll just leave this here ...  (from his last post with the RVCA clothing)
told ya.

wax poetic

• Rep: 46
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #598 on: December 02, 2022, 02:48:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I'll just leave this here ...  (from his last post with the RVCA clothing)
[close]
told ya.

Haha, I was going to post this yesterday but it took a bit for my acct to get activated  :-*

manysnakes

« Reply #599 on: December 02, 2022, 02:50:14 PM »
So what do you bet the 1010 gets a few tweaks and becomes the Reynolds?