Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds on NB#  (Read 109117 times)

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
Re: Andrew Reynolds on NB#
« Reply #720 on: December 12, 2022, 03:54:31 PM »
Watching that clip somehow really hammered home the idea that Vans blew it exceptionally with this one.

I dont follow Vans much but did they ever have any posts really shining Reynolds like this?

edit:

I do follow Vans actually

NB# always gives an extensive focus on a rider at a time and I love it

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

skate_bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2022, 03:59:01 PM »
DM me if you’re size 9 and wanna try some 1010s. They’re great but just not for me.

do they fit narrow? wish they made 12.5 or 12 wide but id rather break in a narrow 12 most of the time vs sizing up and throwing things off as far as how my foot fits on the board itself.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2022, 04:26:59 PM »
There are rumors Reynolds also didn't like Vans and found them too uncomfortable so they parted on mutual terms. If true they tried a bunch of different insoles and why he was always skating in new looking shoes.

That sort of make sense i had his last pairs of Emericas they are really comfortable compared to my vans even his reynolds 3 vulc fit better compared any vans i had..

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2022, 06:09:48 PM »
It’s very funny if that’s the case because who couldn't see that coming? When he joined Vans, it was pointed out how he basically went to the exact opposite of the kinds of shoes he was making at Emerica. Even when vulc was everything, he’d often have both a vulc and cupsole pro model. To me, it was just silly how quickly he pivoted when he joined Vans and now how quickly he jumped right into the NB model that is the exact opposite of Vans.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 905
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #724 on: December 12, 2022, 06:38:07 PM »
Why didn’t Reynolds skate the AVE at all? That always seemed weird to me.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #725 on: December 12, 2022, 06:45:43 PM »
it was just silly how quickly he pivoted when he joined Vans

He did spend a good amount of time hyping up the Fairlane which is a good cupsole from Vans. He was even going to have a colourway of it. Either way though, people are allowed to change their minds or shift preferences back and forth. I used to go back and forth between vulc and cup but now just skate cups. But I still like the looks of lots of vulcs and wish I could skate them.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:57:11 PM by camel filters »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #727 on: December 12, 2022, 07:57:02 PM »
Expand Quote
There are rumors Reynolds also didn't like Vans and found them too uncomfortable so they parted on mutual terms. If true they tried a bunch of different insoles and why he was always skating in new looking shoes.
[close]

On the NB# post his comment said “My feet are feeling good!” Light Vans diss. Also I didn’t see Vans or Reynolds thanking or giving each other a farewell. I personally like skating Vans and the way they look, but they do make my feet hurt. Gonna give some NB# 1010’s a try soon.
kinda lol because it's obvious vans made him make a statement about skating vulcs, but it's the boss so we all new he was lying and prefers cups. I almost knew he'd be eating his words...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #728 on: December 12, 2022, 08:03:36 PM »
Given his successful track record of making very aesthetically pleasing shoes, I can't wait to see what he has coming down the pipeline.  My wet dream would be a re-release of the Reynolds 1 or 2.

After the OG 1 drops from Emerica, hopefully that prompts them to give their customer base a re-release of Reynolds 1 and or 2.

Because as we all know, re-releasing the MJ1 is going to be like printing money.  I look forward to finding out how fast they sell out @EmericaTM
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #729 on: December 12, 2022, 08:08:20 PM »

He was probably just bummed that Vans passed him up for this incredible opportunity

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #730 on: December 12, 2022, 08:09:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

On the NB# post his comment said “My feet are feeling good!” Light Vans diss. Also I didn’t see Vans or Reynolds thanking or giving each other a farewell. I personally like skating Vans and the way they look, but they do make my feet hurt. Gonna give some NB# 1010’s a try soon.
[close]
kinda lol because it's obvious vans made him make a statement about skating vulcs, but it's the boss so we all new he was lying and prefers cups. I almost knew he'd be eating his words...

This doesn’t make any sense to me.   Reynolds pursued Vans hard.    He went all out to court them, then is surprised he doesn’t like how Vans fits/feels?    That doesn’t jibe with the very meticulous nature that stories speak of.    He literally tried every pair of Adidas before turning them down before Vans.   I think people are trying to make the parting of ways into something dramatic rather than a mutually agreed upon deal expiring after the agreed upon time.   

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
« Reply #731 on: December 12, 2022, 08:23:33 PM »
Yeah why are you all trying to create some sort of fucking vulcgate here? He was probably hyped to skate in some Half Cabs and classic Vans styles. Doesn't matter if he previously said he liked cupsoles better or not or even if he liked skating in vulc Vans or not. (Which there is no evidence of at all that he didn't.) Vans didn't trick him or coerce him into skating for them, and he wasn't trying to fool the public. This isn't some scandal. He's just a skateboarder. I used to wear Vans three years ago and now I hardly ever do.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #732 on: December 12, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »
Drew talking up Vans

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #733 on: December 12, 2022, 09:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sort of make sense i had his last pairs of Emericas they are really comfortable compared to my vans even his reynolds 3 vulc fit better compared any vans i had..

The Reynolds G6 is the comfiest shoe I’ve ever had. Still have multiple pairs left. Years ago I bought a shitload of them on some sale. Got almost every colorway too as I liked them almost all.

I’ve never had any NB shoes. It always seemed like a weird brand to me. Hasn’t been very popular at all in Finland. I might get a pair if they release some nice padded vegan cupsole. I’m over buying leather shoes.

Anyway, of the non-core brands NB seems the least offensive to me.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #734 on: December 12, 2022, 09:29:54 PM »
Switching to new balance is a logical move as you get older and have a lawn to mow and a neighborhood to walk, I support it.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 175
« Reply #735 on: December 12, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The Reynolds G6 is the comfiest shoe I’ve ever had. Still have multiple pairs left. Years ago I bought a shitload of them on some sale. Got almost every colorway too as I liked them almost all.

I’ve never had any NB shoes. It always seemed like a weird brand to me. Hasn’t been very popular at all in Finland. I might get a pair if they release some nice padded vegan cupsole. I’m over buying leather shoes.

Anyway, of the non-core brands NB seems the least offensive to me.

KSL feels kinda similar to me, not made as well - especially around the heel - but if you can get em on sale they’re worth it I think, not that you need new shoes ha

I shoulda stashed some Reynolds G6’s when I had the chance

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #736 on: December 12, 2022, 10:21:24 PM »
Yeah why are you all trying to create some sort of fucking vulcgate here? He was probably hyped to skate in some Half Cabs and classic Vans styles. Doesn't matter if he previously said he liked cupsoles better or not or even if he liked skating in vulc Vans or not. (Which there is no evidence of at all that he didn't.) Vans didn't trick him or coerce him into skating for them, and he wasn't trying to fool the public. This isn't some scandal. He's just a skateboarder. I used to wear Vans three years ago and now I hardly ever do.
perhaps, I don’t think vans “tricked” him to skating for them, but it just seems a little bit too convenient/ forced that he was talking up vulcs while being someone who almost always wore/ designed cups and now that he’s back in cups, his feet are “feeling better” lol
I prefer on him on NB anyway and never really bought the whole “I dig the board feel of vulcs thing” considering his track record. Either way, I think we can agree that he ended up in the right place at the end of the day?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #737 on: December 13, 2022, 12:03:57 AM »
I love the fact that we got a beautiful video that hit us right in the feels and yet nobody complained about not having a fs flip .
Long live Reynolds.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -234
« Reply #738 on: December 13, 2022, 12:50:37 AM »
Reynolds is the absolute king and I hope he gets a signature shoe asap because Tiago's 808s and 1010s are ugly as fuck.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #739 on: December 13, 2022, 12:55:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that front nose 270 shuv back to regular.  Don’t know if I recall seeing the Boss do that one before.

I got you friend.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #740 on: December 13, 2022, 06:50:35 AM »

On Reynolds new Insta he has a bunch of new balances cut in half and I see some pour in emericas in there too. Stoked for what he’s gonna make. I hope it’s a tech shoe with  a nice cup sole but not as athletic looking as the Tiagos.

Also since there’s some back and forth about vans and NB. Vans quality has significantly declined in the last few years wear I shit talked them then came around to them but aside from the Rowan’s I don’t have a lot of positive things. Also new balance 272 vulc feels more comfortable and support than the vans crocket and to me about the same amount of support as the 440.

508 may be the most comfortable shoe I’ve skated or the spanky or anything with the pour in G6 emerica does.

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance?fbclid=PAAaZH_SsEIB7aS8PIRw7cXGxyW-iR_OO7ixNHpvU8bZFNhfRncQsthMR2Ivo

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #741 on: December 13, 2022, 06:51:51 AM »
i am really hoping we get a reynolds shoe
i think the chances of him getting one are higher than the chances of him not getting one

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #742 on: December 13, 2022, 06:54:03 AM »
http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance?fbclid=PAAabXCYwYM4lrvttMFScfsCsOrznpSdlQRIWVSduOvMG8oLNMwrwQ05Ouxbg

if this is all to be believed, it seems like the motivation was purely footwear based and things with vans ended on drew’s terms

manysnakes

« Reply #743 on: December 13, 2022, 07:13:19 AM »
Switching to new balance is a logical move as you get older and have a lawn to mow and a neighborhood to walk, I support it.

Obviously this is mostly a joke, but I think it's pretty smart for this particular brand, which is so closely associated with comfortable shoes for middle aged men, to sign up one of the greatest skaters of all time as he enters middle age and continues to perform at such a high level.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #744 on: December 13, 2022, 07:31:25 AM »
http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance?fbclid=PAAabXCYwYM4lrvttMFScfsCsOrznpSdlQRIWVSduOvMG8oLNMwrwQ05Ouxbg

So stoked for him and my new wheat 440's.  8)  I feel like a little kid again reading all that. I love shoes. I love skateboarding.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #745 on: December 13, 2022, 07:48:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Obviously this is mostly a joke, but I think it's pretty smart for this particular brand, which is so closely associated with comfortable shoes for middle aged men, to sign up one of the greatest skaters of all time as he enters middle age and continues to perform at such a high level.

Its a win win for both of them. NB gets the marketing win of a having a middle aged man wearing their shoes while consistently putting out content. Reynolds wins by getting a contract and another pro shoe. Along with access to all the lawn mowing shoes his heart desires.

coolman420

• Rep: -2
« Reply #746 on: December 13, 2022, 07:53:44 AM »
Vans quality has taken a noticeable decline in the past few years.
The introduction of the "Skate" version of shoes(which replaced the "Pro" versions) was a giant drop in quality. I've skated nothing but SlipOn Pros for over 5 years, and the new Slip-On Skate is made of noticeably cheaper materials. Anybody else notice this as well?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #747 on: December 13, 2022, 08:02:33 AM »
The introduction of the "Skate" version of shoes(which replaced the "Pro" versions) was a giant drop in quality. I've skated nothing but SlipOn Pros for over 5 years, and the new Slip-On Skate is made of noticeably cheaper materials. Anybody else notice this as well?
I have tons of vans classics all bought before 2014 and they're most of my favourite shoes. Hard to explain but I feel like the old vans classics were the cupsoleiest vulcs going (as far as your foot sat in secure and the rubber was thick) couple months back felt like getting some new ones of pairs that I had that were pretty worn and what they were selling at the shops pretty much weren't even the same shoes. My shit I'd been wearing for like ten years still felt better than the brand new shoes.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #748 on: December 13, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »
Absolutely. Used to love the old skool pros more than any shoe but the “Skate” version gives me blisters and feels cheap. I have a few friends who all agree and now nobody around me skates vans anymore.

manysnakes

« Reply #749 on: December 13, 2022, 08:08:18 AM »
I pretty much only skate Vans AVEs and I have not noticed any decline in quality over the past few years. I'm not saying it's not real, but maybe it's concentrated around certain older models which are being redesigned.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 08:29:07 AM by manysnakes »