Author Topic: F1 (formula one) thread  (Read 5007 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: F1 (formula one) thread
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2023, 08:11:40 AM »
Oh god no... Leclerc

Jesus Christ Ferrari get your shit together
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2023, 08:42:06 AM »
Fuck yeah Alonso!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2023, 08:54:42 AM »
Delighted for him
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2023, 09:16:20 AM »
Stoked for Alonso. And I’m glad that the TV producers don’t just fixated on the leader during the broadcast, would make it hella boring when RBR just runs away with the lead each race.

Anyone else notice how Max was the only one not shaking anyone’s hands on his way up on the podium? He’s fast and all, but there’s some unshakeable thing about making him really hard to like, haha.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2023, 12:39:30 PM »
Great race of Alonso, how badass was his chase of Sainz. Well done Alfa Sauber, made the absolute most they could and Zhou getting  fastest round in the last lap only to prevent Gasly from taking that point was tactically genius.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2023, 06:29:52 AM »
Alonso still on fire. Hopefully today's race is a good one. Max and Leclerc should make it interesting as the will be fighting to get through the field asap.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2023, 06:35:21 AM »
Odds are still incredibly high that max will win from 15th.. but hey at least his path up the field will be interesting to watch

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2023, 11:44:12 AM »
If it wasn't for Alonso this could be the most boring season ever......

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2023, 07:27:48 AM »
Gutted …got tired of watching highlights so i got the hulu plus bundle with espn+,  saw bahrain with no problem.  And when i go to watch the Saudi GP epsn says i need to order it from tv provider…after signing up with tv provider to watch the race…i was severely bored even with alonso Spicing things up.  Hamiltons overtake on sainz was cool and redbull has a rocketship this year.

The F2 race was actually better

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2023, 10:47:41 PM »
is this going to be a boring season?
mercedes weak/off, ferrari weak/off, only red bull who are fast and consistent.
second spring of senor alonso is sick nonetheless.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2023, 11:23:09 PM »

Saudi gp was garbage…Australia was good even the F2 race was entertaining too. Luckily the rain cleared for yge GP. Max and Checo definitely have the car to drive this season.  Alpine incident was crazy …wanted Gasly to get points

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2023, 04:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Saudi gp was garbage…Australia was good even the F2 race was entertaining too. Luckily the rain cleared for yge GP. Max and Checo definitely have the car to drive this season.  Alpine incident was crazy …wanted Gasly to get points

Red Bull has the best car but it‘s not flawless.

In any case, battle for 2nd will be nice with Aston, Ferrari and Mercedes cars more or less on par and hotheaded loco drivers like Alonso, Sainz and Hamilton hating each other. Also impressed by Russel, what a good driver hides behind the babyfaced snob!

Midfield is interesting as well with Alpine clearly ahead of the rest but McLaren is making progress. I am less optimistic for Alfa atm unfortunately but the season is long, let’s wait for the updates.

Also, the Haas and Williams (cars) have surprised me in Melbourne, they can make top 10 on a good day so I don‘t think I am going to be bored.
why come?

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2023, 06:08:33 PM »
If F1 isn't working out for you (give it some time, all the good tracks are coming up), then maybe give IndyCar a shot. Both races this season have been super entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REcfxkAJ6qs
(Cool Trick GIF)

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2023, 06:03:04 AM »
What a mess of a race, glad Alonso still has pace. The highlights on YouTube were not very clear why it finished under a safety car or why it was even red flagged.. hopefully Baku is better.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »
What a mess of a race, glad Alonso still has pace. The highlights on YouTube were not very clear why it finished under a safety car or why it was even red flagged.. hopefully Baku is better.

They had to finish with it because with one lap left and sainz having a penalty the FIA didnt want another incident with only one lap left so, they had to complete 58 laps in order order for it to qualify as a gran prix

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2023, 08:43:51 AM »
What the crap is this sprint race bullshit about? Qualifying Friday now?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2023, 01:05:57 AM »
Yup, Quali for GP will be on Friday, and for sprint on Saturday if I understand correctly. I mean, good for the viewer, that we have a lot of racing to look forward to, but drivers are not happy about it, and I can get behind that too. Way too hectic. And will the sprints count as race wins in the statistics? Lets say, Yuki has no chance of winning a full GP, but by a chance, there is total mayhem in the beggining of the sprint, because everyone is on softs and empty tanks, so the cars are extremely fast. Everyone crashes, and Yuki wins from 14th place. Is he a race winner now?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2023, 09:52:12 AM »
I dunno I like the race switch ups...been almost a month since last race too, so lets get on with it.

Also 6hours of Spa this weekend too, probably will watch this too

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2023, 12:59:08 PM »
Yeeeeees Chuck, let’s go! Stoked to see anything but a Red Bull on top, haha.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2023, 02:50:38 PM »
Not bothered with the sprints...it's crap that the race is at 13h here Sunday, most pubs don't open till 14h especially as it's a long weekend (aka everyone fucks off to the beach or mountains)

doctorkickflip

« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2023, 08:17:07 AM »
Kind of a boring Baku, Perez win aside.

As much as I doubt it will ever happen it would be cool if checo genuinely gave max a run for the title, would definitely spice things up a bit

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2023, 09:28:36 AM »
Only watched the last bit of it. Yawn. Good to see Checo being allowed to win...

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2023, 01:17:51 PM »
Only watched the last bit of it. Yawn. Good to see Checo being allowed to win...

Got up at 430 to watch and missed half but agree that not much action, glad to see Ferrari back on pace.  some interesting battles going on midfield too.  Formula 2 race was kind of more interesting between the top 4 cars in the final laps.

Funny to watch checo and max go back and forth over the fastest lap before russell took it

LebowskisRug

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2023, 12:58:27 PM »
Sucks when pit stop timing can impact standings. Not a super interesting race even at mid pack but interesting to see multiple drivers botch turn 15 and kiss the barrier.

I'm rooting mostly for Alonso this year and really thought he was going to podium yet again.

Hot take- Hamilton can only win win either the fastest or second fastest car on the grid. If it's not precisely to his spec he can't compensate and we get this season's results.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2023, 01:20:03 PM »

Hot take- Hamilton can only win win either the fastest or second fastest car on the grid. If it's not precisely to his spec he can't compensate and we get this season's results.

Did you not see Brazil last year ...he was the 2nd fastest with a shit car.  but Checo is proving that Max isn't that fast (its obvious they both have the fastest cars).  New regulations are keeping Mercs from overspending and developing a faster car, and their cars aren't great.  They made the wrong calls because of what engineers said would be quickest on paper. Redbull built a new plant in UK and think they probably have the youngest and smartest talents.

Aston has a good car too and Lance is doing well, when he was trash last year as with Vettel (who retired too early because of the shitty aston car last year)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2023, 02:11:36 PM »
Quali was more interesting than the race in Baku.

Russell is better than Hamilton now and behind that babyface hides a real asshole, but I mean that in a good way. I like the lad.
why come?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2023, 02:49:23 PM »
I like Russell too, he constantly out qualifies lewis, also when Max tried to roll up on him for damaging his car while passing him in the sprint, George gave him the smug fuck off by saying his tires were cold

LebowskisRug

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2023, 03:28:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you not see Brazil last year ...he was the 2nd fastest with a shit car.  but Checo is proving that Max isn't that fast (its obvious they both have the fastest cars).  New regulations are keeping Mercs from overspending and developing a faster car, and their cars aren't great.  They made the wrong calls because of what engineers said would be quickest on paper. Redbull built a new plant in UK and think they probably have the youngest and smartest talents.

Aston has a good car too and Lance is doing well, when he was trash last year as with Vettel (who retired too early because of the shitty aston car last year)

Yup, that's one race as well and he did podium 9 times, but finished 6th in the standings. That's definitely a far cry from even 2021. He's been only slightly ahead of midpack for most of the year which is a huge step down. The Merc concept just hasn't panned out and their rear end is too high/bouncy and is changing their cornering speed.

doctorkickflip

« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2023, 09:50:19 PM »
OK! Tomorrow's race might actually not be a total snoozefest! I wonder how long it will take Max to work his way up the field and if Checo can hold onto p1. And as an aside, I think it's pretty cool how stoked the Miami crowd was on Perez, probably my fav north american driver.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
OK! Tomorrow's race might actually not be a total snoozefest! I wonder how long it will take Max to work his way up the field and if Checo can hold onto p1. And as an aside, I think it's pretty cool how stoked the Miami crowd was on Perez, probably my fav north american driver.

Came here to resurrect this thread and express my hope for an interesting race. Looks like some teams struggle with the hot weather. Crazy to see the Haas perform so well. Leclerc has to watch his seat if he keeps not delivering.
why come?