Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 177242 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1320 on: April 07, 2023, 08:12:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skating in boardshorts is the single most comfortable and loose way to skate.
[close]

Taking a slam where your legs slides on the ground or getting a shinner in boardshorts doesn't sound very comfortable
[close]
Yeah that part less than ideal

gym shorts dude...

tadej Pog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1321 on: April 07, 2023, 10:41:08 AM »
Tyshawn Jones  and Nick Dias are the worst dumbass shit in skate nowadays. Who else that call yourself as a king is a dogshit.
Miss you Rusty Berings

newguy

« Reply #1322 on: April 07, 2023, 10:55:40 AM »
Tyshawn Jones  and Nick Dias are the worst dumbass shit in skate nowadays. Who else that call yourself as a king is a dogshit.

go on

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1323 on: April 07, 2023, 12:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

go on

lui Elliot, even mock, nico - these guys are all the industry ghost writers and people like Tyshawn and fucking Nick Dias of all people just milk them/swagger jack them for all they have and then toss them. Notice how you never see or hear about who kid??

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 130
« Reply #1324 on: April 07, 2023, 12:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

go on
[close]

lui Elliot, even mock, nico - these guys are all the industry ghost writers and people like Tyshawn and fucking Nick Dias of all people just milk them/swagger jack them for all they have and then toss them. Notice how you never see or hear about who kid??

Tyshawn posted a story a while ago of Who Kid doing the One Chip challenge (blue chip edition) and vomiting. This is our annual Who Kid update.

Terminal

« Reply #1325 on: April 07, 2023, 01:50:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Taking a slam where your legs slides on the ground or getting a shinner in boardshorts doesn't sound very comfortable
[close]
[close]

gym shorts dude...
Not that confident if you get my jist 😕

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #1326 on: April 07, 2023, 02:34:19 PM »
I don’t know about most comfortable but I do it and it’s cool

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #1327 on: April 07, 2023, 02:45:06 PM »

Commando or underoos?

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #1328 on: April 07, 2023, 02:54:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

gym shorts dude...
[close]
Not that confident if you get my jist 😕
Your a lovely person @terminal :) No reason to be insecure. If you like those gym shorts, you go ahead and where them!

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1329 on: April 07, 2023, 04:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Black soles look terrible 99% of the time.
Contrast stitching (especially white on black) looks terrible 99.9% of the time.
[close]
Agree with this + white laces in all black or brown (or any laces that don't match the shoe really) also always look terrible. White socks usually fuck up your kit too
[close]

Always liked Kerry Getz' white lace / dark shoe combo in jump off a building.
Same. White lace, black shoe gun outsole is wonderful.

livin on a speyer

« Reply #1330 on: April 07, 2023, 06:40:35 PM »
Black coat, white shoes, black hat, Cadillac

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1331 on: April 07, 2023, 09:42:18 PM »
Sounds like a time bomb
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1332 on: April 07, 2023, 09:44:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like a time bomb

Let‘s go!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

disclosed

• Rep: 188
« Reply #1333 on: April 08, 2023, 01:21:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

gym shorts dude...

agreed. get me that strechy fabric.

Terminal

« Reply #1334 on: April 08, 2023, 03:57:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

gym shorts dude...
[close]

Independent once did a line of stretchy basketball type shorts, back late 90s maybe. Those were the bomb. Should have bought a lifetime supply of those. And NHS, if you're reading, please re run

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1335 on: April 12, 2023, 04:28:14 PM »
I hate the phrase ‘tasteful trick selection’.

It reads to me something akin to ‘I grew up in the 90’s. My grip must be black and wheels graphicless. I am a conservative’.

I want to see someone trying something new, not the same fucking tricks done over and over.

Almost trick can be ‘tasteful’ it’s just that the uglier the trick, the better the skater has to be to make it look good, or bring it to a unique spot.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1336 on: April 12, 2023, 05:35:45 PM »
I hate the phrase ‘tasteful trick selection’.

It reads to me something akin to ‘I grew up in the 90’s. My grip must be black and wheels graphicless. I am a conservative’.

I want to see someone trying something new, not the same fucking tricks done over and over.

Almost trick can be ‘tasteful’ it’s just that the uglier the trick, the better the skater has to be to make it look good, or bring it to a unique spot.
I can kinda agree

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -417
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1337 on: April 12, 2023, 07:47:32 PM »
Maybe it’s just cuz I haven’t skated a ps or clutch board since the Obama administration but boards don’t “lose their pop” until you get actual squaring on the nose and tail, when you guys are like “oh it started getting soggy after a week” I’m baffled, never experienced this in my life, still have plenty pop on a pretty razortailed board, anybody else relate?

Bailedsweeper

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1338 on: April 13, 2023, 12:56:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this would prolly be considered a 2022 unpopular opinion but billiam strobeck picked the music for play dead by seeing what songs were popular with kids on "alt TikTok." when I heard deftones and metallica come on i immediately realized that I was not the target demographic. on the bright side apparently a clip was filmed at a spot in my town so that's cool I guess
[close]
I realized I wasn't the target demographic when a child's bare belly and chest was filling 90% of the screen while deftones was playing, but deftones itself is not a problem, I dig the band
I don't like Metallica but I don't have any problems with who does, and I thought it fit Nik Stain's skating pretty well.
[close]

Lol.  I fuck with some old Metallica songs though.
[close]

Let’s get this shit straight - old (good) Metallica ends with Cliff, the hesher messiah.  Justice and the black album are not it. Nothing against mr. newsted, he’s cool. Trujillo gave them a modest bump in cred due to the S.T.->Dogtown connection, but that fizzled in the aughts.

Kill em all or die!

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 629
« Reply #1339 on: April 13, 2023, 02:48:03 AM »
Maybe it’s just cuz I haven’t skated a ps or clutch board since the Obama administration but boards don’t “lose their pop” until you get actual squaring on the nose and tail, when you guys are like “oh it started getting soggy after a week” I’m baffled, never experienced this in my life, still have plenty pop on a pretty razortailed board, anybody else relate?

Same here, but I recently found out it depends on your setup. Tried a friends board and it was disgusting.

Imagine this: You start with a flat deck, low ace trucks and small wheels, a no-pop combination from hell. So you're basically starting off with the deck's 30% pop potential. If the board gets even slightly mellower from skating it for 2 weeks that shit is at 20% pop and you're barely getting it off the ground. And then they get a new one.
But if instead, they'd put some thunders/ventures on there it would ascend to 80% pop and would be good for another month or so.

Ben D also mentioned this in some video, his board felt "soggy" after some time on indies but had great pop when he switched to thunders at the end of the decks life. I think the way he formulated it was: He can extend a decks life by a week by switching to thunders at the end or so.

TLDR: Don't skate a stupid flat board with short wb trucks and small wheels IF you wan't to skate if for longer than a few weeks

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #1340 on: April 13, 2023, 05:05:00 AM »
56mm+ wheels and 8.25" will be the norm again for street
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 289
« Reply #1341 on: April 13, 2023, 05:12:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

gym shorts dude...
[close]

Prefer a baggies type short that dries quicker. Also i can pretend i'm puig.

switchfakie

« Reply #1342 on: April 13, 2023, 05:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

gym shorts dude...
[close]

[close]
Prefer a baggies type short that dries quicker. Also i can pretend i'm puig.

call me crazy but i think the soccer shorts for skating aren't that bad of a look if we're talking shorts here

given you will look like a jock or if you're older than 30, just weird

Heshrat

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1343 on: April 14, 2023, 07:04:03 AM »
56mm+ wheels and 8.25" will be the norm again for street
8.5 for me cuz I’m tall and got big feet haha
I did your mom

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1344 on: April 14, 2023, 03:36:37 PM »
Shop boards always seem to go soggy on me after a few weeks. But I’ve been buying DLX boards for the last few years and they keep their rigidity

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #1345 on: April 14, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
My PS Quasi was good for about 2 months of moderate skating. Didn't feel too soggy near the end but the nose was about to explode into splinters last night. Setting up a BBS random shitty graphic All Timers board today to see how it feels in comparison. Just a little experiment to compare the two big shops since I never cared about this stuff before I quit for a while.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1346 on: April 14, 2023, 08:57:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here, but I recently found out it depends on your setup. Tried a friends board and it was disgusting.

Imagine this: You start with a flat deck, low ace trucks and small wheels, a no-pop combination from hell. So you're basically starting off with the deck's 30% pop potential. If the board gets even slightly mellower from skating it for 2 weeks that shit is at 20% pop and you're barely getting it off the ground. And then they get a new one.
But if instead, they'd put some thunders/ventures on there it would ascend to 80% pop and would be good for another month or so.

Ben D also mentioned this in some video, his board felt "soggy" after some time on indies but had great pop when he switched to thunders at the end of the decks life. I think the way he formulated it was: He can extend a decks life by a week by switching to thunders at the end or so.

TLDR: Don't skate a stupid flat board with short wb trucks and small wheels IF you wan't to skate if for longer than a few weeks

Interesting! I always have doubts about which skateboard deck goes best with certain trucks. Right now, I'm using a Black Label 9" football-shaped deck, Ace AF1 55 trucks, and Spitfire Radials 53mm wheels. Do you think it's a good combination? I also have a couple more decks at home (Snack 8.5" and Hockey 8.5" #1 shape) and some Spitfire 58mm conical full wheels. What trucks would be good for a good pop? Maybe Independent 149? Thank you very much.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 179
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #1347 on: April 14, 2023, 09:02:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Interesting! I always have doubts about which skateboard deck goes best with certain trucks. Right now, I'm using a Black Label 9" football-shaped deck, Ace AF1 55 trucks, and Spitfire Radials 53mm wheels. Do you think it's a good combination? I also have a couple more decks at home (Snack 8.5" and Hockey 8.5" #1 shape) and some Spitfire 58mm conical full wheels. What trucks would be good for a good pop? Maybe Independent 149? Thank you very much.

You should watch my dad Ben's videos

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1348 on: April 14, 2023, 09:08:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you! Can I purchase those videos on Internet or how can I watch them?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #1349 on: April 14, 2023, 10:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you! Can I purchase those videos on Internet or how can I watch them?

I’m mad skateshops don’t have the latest Ben Dad DVD for purchase.

nothing's been the since same