Author Topic: The Heated Wheel  (Read 10193 times)

fernando the skater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 88
Re: The Heated Wheel
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2023, 10:27:05 AM »
I recall hearing that the Bank Mauler deck would be re-issued, but no sign of it on website. Bummer.

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2023, 12:13:31 PM »
I just checked out the new drop on the website, and noticed they no longer offer NB artwork.  That’s a bummer. 

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2023, 01:15:36 PM »
I just checked out the new drop on the website, and noticed they no longer offer NB artwork.  That’s a bummer.

Yeah that is unfortunate for sure, wonder why they halted that aspect of the business.  Glad we are at least seeing plentiful drops of boards and other gear

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2023, 05:23:57 PM »

https://theheatedwheel.com/

I thought everything was his, from art to ownership, not that I looked too closely into it.

Was it just the stock listed on the site, or somewhere else?

Not just the "team models" is it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnifq5RJ2GB/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2023, 05:42:37 PM »
One thing you can bank on is Blender mostly couldn't be fucked doing much

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2023, 07:11:42 PM »
It think the artwork was printed upon order since you could pick the size and medium.

Imagine he just didn’t want to continue it. I believe all the originals were sold, at least the few I looked at were.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2023, 08:57:02 PM »

https://theheatedwheel.com/

I thought everything was his, from art to ownership, not that I looked too closely into it.

Was it just the stock listed on the site, or somewhere else?

Not just the "team models" is it?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnifq5RJ2GB/

It’s definitely all his art on the skate products etc., there just used to be an ”Artwork” tab that sold his original artwork and various prints too - now that’s been removed

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2023, 04:54:28 AM »
He's done that for years, the website used to have an artwork tab back when it was just boards every now and then and you dealt with him directly, but it was mostly just empty.  If he's got it he'll probably put it back up.

fernando the skater

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2023, 10:10:49 AM »

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2023, 12:13:02 PM »
That looks so cool.  Something that fits 00s or 109s is already appealing, if it's by Blender it's even cooler.

fernando the skater

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2023, 12:43:38 PM »
Doesn't look like it as any flex though, which I thought it would.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2023, 01:41:56 PM »

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2023, 05:53:13 PM »
The Bank Mauler shape is amazing, does anyone know its dims?

Also this square polarizer is literally what I was dreaming of, but surely I’d just seen one of these and forgot about it.

Does anyone know when these boards were released?  As you can see I’m not a facebook person.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2023, 06:18:25 PM »

I thought this should go here as well.

Interesting to see the wb on the 8.75 is only 14.25

Set this up as a placeholder until the new sob story sample boards come in (it's the closest BBS made deck with similar specs that I could find). The nose & tail are a hair longer than my sweet spot (7"/6.625"), but I'm pretty stoked overall with how it skates. Also, after bouncing around with different trucks, I'm back on Thunders and I think I may have finally found an end to my madness after setting them up with a Venture loose trucks top bushing & RipTide pivot cups ;D
  • 8.75"x32.75" Heated Wheel (14.25" wb / 7.25" nose / 7" tail)
  • Jessup Ultra grip
  • Thunder 7/8" allen hardware
  • Thunder Team 161's (stock bottom bushing / Venture loose trucks top bushing / RipTide pivot cups)
  • Bones Swiss
  • Spitfire 99a F4 Classic 55's

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2023, 06:23:29 PM »
Interesting, so it seems only the 9 inch boards are 14.5 inch wheelbase?

Might sway me to Baker or Black Label when I need my next BBS 8.5… have even considered going 8.75 but that’s pretty unusual to see under a 14.375 or 14.5 in that size, no?

I keep thinking the market is dictating these changes, so hope it’s resulting in more sales for THW, but it’s disappointing given I thought the latest interation of the brand (in its website form) has been SO long wheelbase friendly.

At least the shaped boards still seem evenly split between 14.25 wb and 15+

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2023, 09:50:37 AM »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2023, 06:13:22 PM »

Another one from the setup thread:

New account
New board

THW 9”, 14 3/8” WB
Deck inspired by SBR’s recent placeholder)
Ace AF1 Hollow 60s
-Bones HARD, w/flat washers top & bottom to get rid of the extra threads showing
OJ Elite EZ Edge 53mm 99d
Bronson G3
Ace 7/8” allen
Pepper

(

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2023, 08:22:01 PM »

I thought this should go here as well.

Interesting to see the wb on the 8.75 is only 14.25

Expand Quote

Set this up as a placeholder until the new sob story sample boards come in (it's the closest BBS made deck with similar specs that I could find). The nose & tail are a hair longer than my sweet spot (7"/6.625"), but I'm pretty stoked overall with how it skates. Also, after bouncing around with different trucks, I'm back on Thunders and I think I may have finally found an end to my madness after setting them up with a Venture loose trucks top bushing & RipTide pivot cups ;D
  • 8.75"x32.75" Heated Wheel (14.25" wb / 7.25" nose / 7" tail)
  • Jessup Ultra grip
  • Thunder 7/8" allen hardware
  • Thunder Team 161's (stock bottom bushing / Venture loose trucks top bushing / RipTide pivot cups)
  • Bones Swiss
  • Spitfire 99a F4 Classic 55's
[close]
Looks beautiful! How’s the shape? Looks kinda square and if that’s the case definitely need to grab one

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2023, 10:13:38 PM »

Expand Quote
New account
New board

THW 9”, 14 3/8” WB
Ace AF1 Hollow 60s
-Bones HARD, w/flat washers top & bottom to get rid of the extra threads showing
Bronson G3
Ace 7/8” allen
Pepper

(
[close]

I feel like I could be insane for being so worked up over an eighth of an inch, but I really thought THW had my back on these 14.5 wheelbases for popsicles, it makes the wheelbase non-disclosure on the webshop all the more frustrating.  Thank you for sharing this though, super useful to know.  Guess the 9” Mig 3.0 measured earlier in this thread is the only one of its kind…

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2023, 12:03:56 PM »
More info for what it’s worth. Just got a Fight Sobriety 8.5 and the WB is 14.38. The edges are so routed down- the deck is actually more like 8.38 and pretty much 8.25 at the back trucks.

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2023, 12:22:15 PM »
Width (inches) 8.75
Length (inches) 32.375
Wheelbase (inches) 14.375

The 8.75" grasshopper is 32.75" long with a 14.25" wb (7.25" nose & 7" tail). The thing that's odd is I've seen the length on this one listed anywhere from 32" to 32.5" but no one has accurate measurements up. The shape is not square like an FA board but is also not super pointy like a Polar (works perfectly fine for tailblocks). My only complaint is the proportions seem a bit off to me as far as the nose/tail go when compared to the 14.25" wb, but I still like how it skates... I'm just overly picky and that's why I'm working on doing my own boards lol.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 12:44:56 PM by sbr »
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

BL0B

• Rep: 412
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2023, 01:40:48 PM »
crazy frontside tb pic!!!!!

interested in seeing your 8.75"'s when they're done.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2023, 04:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Width (inches) 8.75
Length (inches) 32.375
[close]

The 8.75" grasshopper is 32.75" long with a 14.25" wb (7.25" nose & 7" tail). The thing that's odd is I've seen the length on this one listed anywhere from 32" to 32.5" but no one has accurate measurements up. The shape is not square like an FA board but is also not super pointy like a Polar (works perfectly fine for tailblocks). My only complaint is the proportions seem a bit off to me as far as the nose/tail go when compared to the 14.25" wb, but I still like how it skates... I'm just overly picky and that's why I'm working on doing my own boards lol.

did you measure the length with the concave or straight across?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2023, 05:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Width (inches) 8.75
Length (inches) 32.375
[close]

Thanks for the added info!

I have only ever seen the boards online, never in person, which is why I was so curious too, especially when I see something like that with a medium to long board with a short wheelbase.

As a lot more shops are now getting them, as well as most being wider and bigger boards, they are more of interest too.

sbr

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2023, 06:53:24 AM »
did you measure the length with the concave or straight across?

All measurements were taken with a soft vinyl tape measure laid flat on the board, so 32.75" is the length with the concave. If I use a standard tape measure and go straight across the length is 32.375"

Comparatively, I was on their 9.25" Frontier shape for a bit and that is:
Width: 9.25" (9.0625" over the front truck / 8.625" over the back truck)
Length: 32.5" w/ concave (32" straight across)
Nose: 7.25"
Tail: 6.625"
WB: 14.3125"

Thanks for the added info!

I have only ever seen the boards online, never in person, which is why I was so curious too, especially when I see something like that with a medium to long board with a short wheelbase.

As a lot more shops are now getting them, as well as most being wider and bigger boards, they are more of interest too.

I'm stoked that I can use some of my shape development R&D madness to help some people with context. I've always been nuts with this stuff, but it's been elevated and then some during the process of developing shapes for sob story.

The thing that throws me off with this board is if you look at most 8.5" boards that have a 14.25" wheelbase the length is normally coming in around 31.8" - 32" (almost always below 32.5"), so it's very difficult for me to justify the need for a 32.75" length on the same wheelbase. The width should not dictate the length of the board/nose/tail, and it should be more scaled to the wheelbase IMO (and even if factoring in width, it's only a 6.35mm+ difference). A 7.25" nose to me feels more like a "shaped board" than what you'd expect on a popsicle when you're wheelbase is only 14.25".

Case & point since I'm so used to comparing things to DLX dimensions/proportions -

The 8.5" Anti Hero Blue Eagle is *according to the internet*:
Width: 8.5"
Length: 31.8"
Nose: 6.875"
Tail: 6.5"
WB: 14.25"

The 8.75" Anti Hero White Eagle is *according to the internet*:
Width: 8.75"
Length: 32.75"
Nose: 7.25"
Tail: 6.625"
WB: 14.62"

crazy frontside tb pic!!!!!

interested in seeing your 8.75"s when they're done.

Thanks!

Long story short, we did the 9.25" pre-pro samples with Pennswood first since my friend/business partner won't skate anything below a 9" and I don't mind skating shaped boards from time to time. We went to do a second pre-pro sample run, this time 8.75" popsicles that I designed more for myself, but kind of stalled out with Pennswood.

We're now working with Generator/BBS and I'm waiting on 8.75"x32.125" (14.25" wb / 7" nose / 6.625" tail) Popsicle pre-pro samples to arrive. The goal is to do a small production run of popsicles first since I'm pretty locked in on what I want this board to be, and this will let us go back to the drawing board to design a 9"+ shape. Austin has been a bit indecisive about what he wants shape-wise after being given the opportunity to start over on a fully custom shape but hopefully, we'll have that dialed in sooner than later. I should have the first pre-pro samples sometime late next month and I'll probably start a thread for sob to keep track of what's going on and not continue to hijack other threads lol.
Small man, big board...
IG: s.b.r_

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2023, 11:37:40 PM »
both projects sound cool and im down to support a pal
but whatever you do, leave the swirl graphic behind
someone said anus and i physically cunt unsee it
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2023, 04:28:05 PM »
I just bought one of the grasshopper 8.75's, love that it has a short wheelbase because of this sentence right here:

A 7.25" nose to me feels more like a "shaped board" than what you'd expect on a popsicle when you're wheelbase is only 14.25

I'm actually really looking forward to trying this shape out
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

turdtastic

• Rep: 47
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2023, 03:55:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
New account
New board

THW 9”, 14 3/8” WB
Ace AF1 Hollow 60s
Bronson G3
Ace 7/8” allen
Pepper

(
[close]
[close]

I feel like I could be insane for being so worked up over an eighth of an inch, but I really thought THW had my back on these 14.5 wheelbases for popsicles, it makes the wheelbase non-disclosure on the webshop all the more frustrating.  Thank you for sharing this though, super useful to know.  Guess the 9” Mig 3.0 measured earlier in this thread is the only one of its kind…
Well shit, sorry for misinformation.
I pulled the WB from some shop online.
Measured it myself today and it’s actually 14.5”.
Super fun board.
Long tail is apparently what I needed, more pop with less effort than I’ve had in quite some time…

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2023, 04:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
New account
New board

THW 9”, 14 3/8” WB
Ace AF1 Hollow 60s
Bronson G3
Ace 7/8” allen
Pepper

(
[close]
[close]

[close]
Well shit, sorry for misinformation.
I pulled the WB from some shop online.
Measured it myself today and it’s actually 14.5”.
Super fun board.
Long tail is apparently what I needed, more pop with less effort than I’ve had in quite some time…

Oh sick!  Thanks for the update.  Glad you’re enjoying it!

fernando the skater

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2023, 01:28:05 AM »