Author Topic: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)  (Read 15575 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)
« on: January 21, 2023, 01:26:04 PM »
If I’m crossing a line by posting this mods can feel free to delete.. but I feel like this is about to blow up.  Long story short.. 5 black cops in Memphis have been fired for beating another black man to death. 

From what I’ve read, there’s video of the incident to be released, and the predicted outrage may rival the response to George Floyd’s killing.  I also saw in an article that Nichols was a skater, so I figured maybe some Memphis heads in here would’ve heard something about it?

Not looking to start any debates, just want to pay respect, wish the best to his loved ones, and hope that justice will be served.

cky enthusiast

Blind Fisherman

Re: Tyre Nichols RIP (police brutality trigger warning)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 01:59:16 PM »
I don't recall ever running into him, but I can tell you that he was loved by many in this city. What happened is fucking tragic and it's cast a dark cloud over the city. I hope that those bastards get what they deserve for murdering an innocent man.

To give context of the scenario from what I've heard/read about it; Tyre was pulled over by an unmarked vehicle and the person who got out was a "plainclothes" cop wearing a hoodie and jeans. In Memphis recently, we've had a group of young teens/young adults posing as law enforcement in the SAME EXACT WAY THESE COPS PERFORMED to carjack people, so his reaction of fleeing from some unknown figure in a hoodie and unmarked vehicle was completely justifiable and I know many other people would have driven off just the same.
I'm glad those pigs got fired and had their names released. They deserve every bit of what's coming to them, but I genuinely hope it doesn't take any uglier turns than what's already occurred.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 03:52:34 PM »
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2023/01/12/friends-of-man-who-died-after-mpd-arrest-remember-him-as-a-free-spirit/69800533007/

I found this article searching his name.  There’s a photo of him on a skateboard if you scroll down, with some quotes about him being a skater.  Looks like he was from Sacramento originally and moved to Memphis within the last few years.  He also had a young child. 

Law enforcement in the Deep South is fucked.  This can happen to anyone at anytime if the cops think you’re giving them lip, or even look at them the wrong way.  So much shit like this has been covered up over the years; thank god for body cams.  I hope these motherfuckers fry for this
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 05:32:34 PM »
rip ftp

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 06:53:02 PM »
Acab. Every single one.

Rest in power Tyre

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 10:29:40 PM »
RIP
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 10:34:27 PM »
Ftp. Smash the filth. Rip Nicolas . My heart goes out to their loved ones.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 11:11:25 PM »
Such a bummer, rip tyre nichols!

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 10:07:36 AM »
1312. Condolences to his family and friends.

Maurice46

• Rep: 9
Skateboarder Tyre Nichols Brutally Beat to Death by 5 Police Officers
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 07:11:38 AM »
This is turning out to be a big story and I thought it was worth sharing here.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/25/us/tyre-nichols-memphis-profile/index.html

OhioGuy

• Rep: 73
Re: Skateboarder Tyre Nichols Brutally Beat to Death by 5 Police Officers
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 08:23:50 AM »
Yeah it’s sad, this is one reason as a Black skateboarder I don’t feel comfortable street skating alone usually. Because if the cops show up, there’s a higher chance of me getting fucked up than my white peers.

The crazy thing about this one is I think the cops were Black too. Which goes to show that all of them truly are bastards.

eSK3

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 08:33:46 AM »
RIP to this young man. I didn’t know him but I absolutely feel for his family and I hope the people involved receive the the full weight and penalty of the law.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 08:35:50 AM »
absolutely heartbreaking.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 08:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah it’s sad, this is one reason as a Black skateboarder I don’t feel comfortable street skating alone usually. Because if the cops show up, there’s a higher chance of me getting fucked up than my white peers.

The crazy thing about this one is I think the cops were Black too. Which goes to show that all of them truly are bastards.
[close]

He was running from a traffic stop, I think they tend to fuck everyone up who does that, regardless of skin color.

They beat him to the ground non-stop for three straight minutes when he was in no condition to fight back. Don't do this.

OhioGuy

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 08:46:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He was running from a traffic stop, I think they tend to fuck everyone up who does that, regardless of skin color.
They didn’t fuck him up. They killed him. It’s a big difference. They don’t kill everyone who runs from them.

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 08:46:26 AM »
ACAB for real. This is truly sickening news

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2151
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 08:47:16 AM »
This homey was one of us.
Any wonder why so many of us hold the views (of police) that we do?
Ride In Power, Tyre.
Way too soon. 🖤

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2023, 08:50:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Five cops, out of uniform and in unmarked cars, savagely beat a man to death and this is what you have to say?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:17:31 AM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2023, 08:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They didn’t fuck him up. They killed him. It’s a big difference. They don’t kill everyone who runs from them.
Police shouldn’t fuck up anybody, regardless of violation.

RIP Tyre

ACAB

OhioGuy

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 08:52:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

RIP Tyre

ACAB
Oh I agree. Was just pointing out that poster’s stupidity.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2023, 08:53:54 AM »
Time and time again. When do things change...? When do black people stop getting killed at traffic stops?

It shouldn't hit harder b/c he was a skateboarder but it does.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2023, 08:55:47 AM »
This homey was one of us.
Any wonder why so many of us hold the views (of police) that we do?
Ride In Power, Tyre.
Way too soon. 🖤
✊🏼

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2023, 08:56:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No. Most people do not get killed at traffic stops. How normalized is this? Policing in America is broken, broken broken.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 08:57:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck this apologist bullshit. Even if the police beat up everyone who ran from them, which they absolutely don't, it would still be a heinous abuse of power. They are NOT supposed to be judge, jury and executioner. ACAB.

RIP Tyre. I'm heartbroken. 

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -510
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2023, 08:59:29 AM »
Sorry, not how I meant it.  I was just saying since the article linked says nothing of the incident, that the guy wasn’t street skating.  Obviously I don’t think that people should be beaten to death for running from the cops.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2023, 09:08:22 AM »
We are all heartbroken over this down here. It's tragic when anyone is murdered by the police, but it just hits so much harder because he was a part of our community.

Pals, if any of you has the time and willingness to drive to Memphis; we are having a candlelit vigil for Tyre at our local skatepark named Frank Tobey Park at 7pm this evening. Please show up and show love if you can.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2023, 09:12:19 AM »
This is disgusting. Yet another fallen.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2023, 09:16:42 AM »
Are they going to release footage?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2023, 09:32:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

RIP Tyre

ACAB
[close]
Oh I agree. Was just pointing out that poster’s stupidity.
Yeah man, it was pointed to him