Author Topic: Pickup Trucks  (Read 1510 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Pickup Trucks
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2023, 10:14:12 AM »
78 bronco was a boat huh?

My friend had like a 91 bronco and we used to drive over sidewalks in it.

Yeah that thing was a beast. I drove it over/ through a lot of things. It was nickel and dime'ing me to death at the end though. Bronco II had a weird wheelbase... any sharp turns felt like it was going to flip.

I was really hoping when Ford remade the Bronco they'd have done the the big boy not the Scout style.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2023, 10:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
78 bronco was a boat huh?

My friend had like a 91 bronco and we used to drive over sidewalks in it.
[close]

Yeah that thing was a beast. I drove it over/ through a lot of things. It was nickel and dime'ing me to death at the end though. Bronco II had a weird wheelbase... any sharp turns felt like it was going to flip.

I was really hoping when Ford remade the Bronco they'd have done the the big boy not the Scout style.

Yeah, the new bronco does nothing for me.  Seems like they should have went all out and made it massive.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

professional

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2023, 10:33:08 AM »
Driving a truck without needing it for hauling or transporting stuff on the regular is corny af

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2023, 01:57:31 PM »
I totally expected this to turn into a Tacoma stan-a-thon. Let’s face it, trucks are the new grocery getter. Also, I’m super salty that pickups are ubiquitous yet are bafflingly high priced used.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2023, 03:56:09 PM »
Totally thought this was a new skate Truck brand.  Would cop the C10s.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2023, 05:03:06 PM »
I totally expected this to turn into a Tacoma stan-a-thon. Let’s face it, trucks are the new grocery getter. Also, I’m super salty that pickups are ubiquitous yet are bafflingly high priced used.

Boy, salty af.  We’re here having fun talkin trucks.  You truckin or not brah?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »
This thread should be titled ‘what’s in your box?’. I gotta know what you guys got it your beds.

I never had a truck but I used to drive a 95’ Ford Ranger at my auto parts delivery job and it was a fun little whip.

I’m a big proponent of a two door truck. Four door looks less cool to me.

Whomever can fit a full sheet of plywood in your box gets major props. Whose got an XL bed?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 05:44:20 PM by GardenSkater77 »

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2023, 07:28:49 PM »
The surf hipsters driving old toyota pickups in california can go fuck themselves
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2023, 07:51:55 PM »
This thread should be titled ‘what’s in your box?’. I gotta know what you guys got it your beds.

I never had a truck but I used to drive a 95’ Ford Ranger at my auto parts delivery job and it was a fun little whip.

I’m a big proponent of a two door truck. Four door looks less cool to me.

Whomever can fit a full sheet of plywood in your box gets major props. Whose got an XL bed?

Got a big ass TV (garbage), couple of shovels, bunch of cat6 wire, couple gallon cans of paint.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2023, 09:40:01 PM »
Nothing in my bed. I have a 2 door truck & pretty proud of how much stuff I have neatly crammed behind the seats in such a small space. Have 6 blue tarps, a harbor freight jack, 10 ratchet straps, legit first aid kit, toolbox, empty gas can, 2 different hitch balls for towing, umbrella, Clorox wipes, jumper cables, ice scraper, brush, & one roll of toilet paper. 

I actually dropped my truck off at the body shop today. Someone hit me in the parking lot but left a note. Insurance paying for the rental. Got a brand new Camry for the week. Really nice car, looks sporty , & enjoy driving this Yota

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2023, 12:30:21 AM »
my daily drive is a dual cab LN107 hilux UTE... its not as capable off-road like its predecessor the LN106's... the LN107's share the same chassis set-up as 4runners/surfs.... but i don't live in bumfluff nowhere Australia anymore so having an extremely capable 4WD is not necessary and its my wife's car anyway.. .she drives my van cause it actually fits stuff in it... like kids...

my dream ute would be an BJ-40 (diesel engine) landy.. my uncle has a 40 in his back yard that i need to see if he is willing to part with

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2023, 03:14:33 AM »

God that’s a beautiful Ute.

Nothing in my bed. I have a 2 door truck & pretty proud of how much stuff I have neatly crammed behind the seats in such a small space. Have 6 blue tarps, a harbor freight jack, 10 ratchet straps, legit first aid kit, toolbox, empty gas can, 2 different hitch balls for towing, umbrella, Clorox wipes, jumper cables, ice scraper, brush, & one roll of toilet paper. 

Two door with the empty bed is the cleanest looking truck config

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2023, 05:39:50 AM »
I just had a pickup truck flashback. This is how nuts the 80s were.

I’m 10 and a church group plans a fishing trip to a reservoir 30 minutes away. Not enough cars so what do we do?

5 of us in a flat bed going 55 miles an hour on two lane highway. I remember we were taking the rods and trying to hit tree branches as we drove by.

Fucking nuts.

Guaranteed the dad had a mustache.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2023, 05:52:24 AM »
I just had a pickup truck flashback. This is how nuts the 80s were.

I’m 10 and a church group plans a fishing trip to a reservoir 30 minutes away. Not enough cars so what do we do?

5 of us in a flat bed going 55 miles an hour on two lane highway. I remember we were taking the rods and trying to hit tree branches as we drove by.

Fucking nuts.

Guaranteed the dad had a mustache.

That’s living. We piled about 6 into the back of a Subaru brat once…

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2023, 06:04:58 AM »
i want to get a small pickup so i can lug motorcycles around, and construction materials when I need to do house work. Kind of bummed on how it looks like trucks are moving away from practicality, get bigger and bigger cabins and smaller beds, and just are getting larger in general. I'm 6'1 and i was at the grocery store last week and a hood of a truck was almost level with my shoulders, that's high as shit.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2023, 06:22:44 AM »
i want to get a small pickup so i can lug motorcycles around, and construction materials when I need to do house work. Kind of bummed on how it looks like trucks are moving away from practicality, get bigger and bigger cabins and smaller beds, and just are getting larger in general. I'm 6'1 and i was at the grocery store last week and a hood of a truck was almost level with my shoulders, that's high as shit.

Bed size is definitely a joke on most.and it’s a big difference $$$ if you want an extended bed. A lot of models offer extenders in the tailgate that will at least get you some extra length. 

Which brings me to- maybe you need a cargo van!!!!!!

New thread. Show me your vans.

Andmoreagain

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2023, 07:03:46 AM »

Ya i use my truck mostly for motorcycle hauling, as well as firewood, gravel, mulch that type of shit. I have the much-maligned new ranger as its at least a little smaller and was the same price new as a taco w/ 70k miles when i bought in 2019.

One thing is these new trucks beds are super deep, so volume wise i can fit as much firewood, mulch, whatever as i could in my old ranger. For dimensional lumber tho the small bed is a pain in the ass. For my dirt bikes i have to run w the tailgate down but it doesnt bother me.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2023, 07:51:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya i use my truck mostly for motorcycle hauling, as well as firewood, gravel, mulch that type of shit. I have the much-maligned new ranger as its at least a little smaller and was the same price new as a taco w/ 70k miles when i bought in 2019.

One thing is these new trucks beds are super deep, so volume wise i can fit as much firewood, mulch, whatever as i could in my old ranger. For dimensional lumber tho the small bed is a pain in the ass. For my dirt bikes i have to run w the tailgate down but it doesnt bother me.

I use my van for dirtbike hauling...
easier to wheel bikes in... nothing outside in the rain... fits way more... has better fuel economy...

my wife wants to buy a second ute/pick up... she is looking for a Nissan D21 single cab (i think they were called Nissan Hardbodies in the US).. they are pretty awesome little trucks but way overpriced now as most of them have been exported from Japan to the middle east

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 564
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2023, 07:54:42 PM »
Had a 66 c10 I did for a few years ended up with a retired cop car 350 from 91 with a bigger cam and rams head headers/3” flowmasters 650 Holley and intake/th350 trans and a 12 bolt rear with the granny first and b&m pro shifter. It was ugly, loud as hell, fast off the line, and fun as hell for street fighter. Sold it to partially fund my 31. Have a 03 f150 for a parts hauler that I bought from my BIL right now. I can honestly say it’s the biggest shit box ever. The thing misfires pretty much anytime it rains since the coil packs get moisture in them and cause it to miss. It really sucks having to garage it in winter or put a diaper over it to keep it dry. Never again with any modern(ish) Ford.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2023, 09:43:41 PM »
My '87 samurai does pickup things

You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2023, 10:26:14 PM »
My '87 samurai does pickup things

Love that RC car looking thing. Almost rolled in one going 35 around a curve in the rain. Most dangerous automobile I’ve ever been in. You’re lucky to have one.

Andmoreagain

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2023, 05:49:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I use my van for dirtbike hauling...
easier to wheel bikes in... nothing outside in the rain... fits way more... has better fuel economy...

my wife wants to buy a second ute/pick up... she is looking for a Nissan D21 single cab (i think they were called Nissan Hardbodies in the US).. they are pretty awesome little trucks but way overpriced now as most of them have been exported from Japan to the middle east

And you have a dry space to change into/out of gear when its shitty out. If I could have a dedicated moto hauler it would be a van but I live on a dirt road and 4wd is nice to have. For the record there arent vans im aware of on the US market that beat midsize truck mpgs :(

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2023, 11:42:41 AM »
I can fit 4x8 sheets in my Sienna, and it feels way safer to leave tools in. Also gets low-mid 20’s mpg. I’ve had a selection of small trucks, wagons and vans going back 30 years. Having access to a full size 8’ box is sweet but not worth the squeeze. The most versatile vehicle was an 90 ranger ext cab 4x4 3.0l that had just enough space in the cab to be useful and actually got decent mileage with manual hubs.  The easiest to live with have been minivans.

That Samurai is sick. Love me a Barbie jeep.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2023, 11:30:04 PM »
Currently running a 2021 F150 but previously had a 2021 Ranger that had to be returned using a lemon law claim. Miss the smaller truck but I spend a lot of time in the outdoors so the bigger truck and bigger bed is nice.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

KookTheElder

• Rep: -43
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2023, 07:04:06 AM »
Currently drive an ‘03 v6 Tundra SR5 2nd, it’s my daily and gets used like a truck daily. It’s slow and geared too (numerically) low but takes the abuse very well!

Also have a 16v Suzuki Sidekick Jlx on a spacer lift with directional mud terrains, manual hubs and factory limited slip differential…no fun to drive on hard surfaces over about 45 mph but it’s what we depend on to get home during monsoon season…

Edit: missed the sammy a few posts up, very nice!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 07:18:02 AM by KookTheElder »