Author Topic: Is Dustin Okay?  (Read 25866 times)

theextrabanana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -135
Re: Is Dustin Okay?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2023, 09:44:10 AM »
not a good way to break character

the baker curse is real

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2023, 10:03:03 AM »
Someone save Dustin from becoming Duane Peters.
Or worse Ham Margera, I feel for him as I’ve had a few rough moments in my life, I feel like Greco and Reynolds’s could possibly guide him to recovery.

My heart is with him in these sad moments.

Edit: they found his doggo
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 12:31:55 PM by El Fapinator »

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2023, 05:58:12 PM »
Looks like he found his dog thank fuck.

Thanks for the update. That part was really bumming me out.

Seriously who steals a dudes dog. Glad Dustin got his dog back. I’d be flipping out too. Man dogs truly are the greatest friend to mankind.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 95
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2023, 07:37:03 PM »
I am a dog owner living in Paris. People stealing dogs are common unfortunately. Especially if you have an expensive breed or a pedigree dog. Always keep your dog on a leash and be careful…

That said I hope Dustin will be OK !

companguero

• Rep: 258
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2023, 09:18:37 PM »
Walked past this while visiting London in 2018

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 91
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2023, 01:07:57 PM »
I really hope he is okay.
I was an instant fan of his and defo tried to dress like him at times as a teen.
It's been great seeing him have such longevity in the industry (Related threads showing "Dustin Dollin of Vans team page" notwithstanding).
Some of the handrail stuff he was doing in the early 2000s was fucked and no one else was really experimenting with flip in's like Dollin was until Billy Marks in Good and Evil.

Baker 2G, Sight Unseen, Baker 3, all his other Baker vid appearances never been lacklustre. Yeah he had that part of all slams but even that was good.

conan777

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »
Dustin is an Aussie legend. I said it in some other thread on here but if you were a skater in Australia when Play came out then he was royalty. Best Australian video of all time

Banned from the room

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2023, 03:48:13 PM »
Poor guy. I understand how he feels.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2023, 04:31:50 PM »
After shitting and throwing up blood for the last week after a massive binge drinking season I’m super surprised that Dustin is still alive. He must be made out of steel.

I swear alcohol is the worst drug ever.

GB530

• Rep: -10
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2023, 04:34:27 PM »
The fucked up way I had a beer every time I read from this thread today :(

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2023, 05:31:46 PM »
After shitting and throwing up blood for the last week after a massive binge drinking season I’m super surprised that Dustin is still alive. He must be made out of steel.

My friend, you should probably get checked out by a doctor. 
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

pool coping

• Rep: -64
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2023, 06:02:06 PM »
boo hoo life as an alcoholic pro skater so hard :(

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2023, 06:04:57 PM »

You sound like a huge dipshit
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ihateloyaltycards

• Rep: -2
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2023, 06:22:10 PM »
This is sad to see, but his declining mental health is no doubt a product (whether directly or indirectly) of a once fantastic skateboarder continuing to make a series of poor lifestyle choices and refusing to give up the 'Piss Drunx' mentality at 42 years old. Sure, the injuries he has sustained directly as a result of skateboarding probably haven't helped, but I am certain that the alcohol & cigarettes have been the driving factor in destroying his body and mind, making him look like he is ten years older than he actually is and totally wrecking any sense of balance, coordination and athleticism that he once had. Anyone who says otherwise is in complete denial or still living the piss drunx lifestyle themselves.

Vans have (unsurprisingly) dropped his lazy ass. No longer on any of the team pages (fr, euro or us). He was a great skater ten years ago. It's honestly a shame he never capitalised on the countless opportunities he's had to get clean and be sober. In the last five years he has been earning money from his sponsors for doing literally nothing. All his recent appearances in clips have just been him in the background yelling out something indecipherable while holding a can of beer in his hand and smoking a dart. It was funny the first few times, now it's just sad. Surprised Vans held on as long as they did, probably felt some sense of obligation or loyalty to him, even though in terms of a business contract he was giving nothing back to them in return.

He needs to stop basking in his past success and trying to relive his glory days.

I wish him the best and hope he can turn his life around, but I have very little sympathy for him at this point.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 06:35:11 PM by ihateloyaltycards »

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2023, 08:11:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously. I’m not even the biggest Dollin fan nevertheless  Pool Coping’s comments really bothers me. Hope he has a horrible Monday. Common knowledge , DD an alcoholic pro. Quite impressive the longevity of his career & how he has functioned for so long . He has an abundance of blenders under his belt  , this time feels different & not good

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2023, 12:18:10 AM »
im kind of confused, I thought he would be really close to pfanner, doobie and the other vans euro guys including their filmer (max pack) and would never let him get kicked of vans...? is he referring to them as well when calling out his friends in that story?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 01:00:57 AM by mclovin1336 »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2023, 12:51:41 AM »
I think there's bigger issues here than the dog, but judging by past interviews etc., he really is going to follow through with the whole PD for lyfe! way of living...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 12
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2023, 02:27:16 AM »
It always struck how anachronistic was the rerelease of Piss Drunx as a clothing company in the recent years... Kinda weird to see it endorsed by a bunch of Euro guys such as Matisse Banc, and others, maybe Doobie too. Don't know too much in the US, but it pops out a lot in a couple of Euro montage.

I thought we all knew by bow the story of the OG Piss Drunks and how it turned out that living life as a pile, and trying to making it your personal brand, didn't work out...

Of course, Dustin has a much more complicated history with that. Being the last die-hard Piss Drunks, it must be very hard to reinvent yourself after committing to that life for so long, espcially when people kinda expect that from him in public. The addiction factor and various traumatizing events he went through make it all the more entrapping.

I just hope he'll find balance and stays healthy.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2023, 06:50:58 AM »

When I went to rehab in 03 I remember being shocked at the state of the people who were there for "just" alcohol. The tweakers like me slept a lot. The heroine guys sat around in a daze scratching at their arms. The alcohol guys would go crashing through doors or just falling flat on their faces on the pavement. They were, physically, the worst of the lot BY FAR. I was never much of a drinker so never went through DTs or anything like that, but coming off alcohol looked brutal and insane. Not to say other drugs don’t have physical manifestations when stopped…but the alcoholics were scary to even watch walk across the room.

franc

• Rep: 104
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2023, 08:28:50 AM »
Being the last die-hard Piss Drunks, it must be very hard to reinvent yourself after committing to that life for so long, espcially when people kinda expect that from him in public.

I'm pretty sure everybody would be happy to see him just skating and drinking water at this point.
The younger generation probably doesn't care about him looking cool or rock n'roll or whatever you wanna call that and older farts like us all know he has to quit doing what he's doing if he wants to survive.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2023, 09:01:16 AM »
Getting fucked up is kinda a one way road. The longer you go that way, the harder and longer it is to get back to where you started from…
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2023, 11:23:52 AM »
Getting fucked up is kinda a one way road. The longer you go that way, the harder and longer it is to get back to where you started from…

That’s a really fucking smart way of putting that into perspective. I’ve never been about that life, but I would have never thought to phrase it that way.

Maccat

• Rep: 79
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2023, 02:03:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s a really fucking smart way of putting that into perspective. I’ve never been about that life, but I would have never thought to phrase it that way.

Absolutely.

Im close to someone who has drank their entire life and at 60 it’s arrested development. They’re sober a year but feel like they woke up on a different planet.

What’s a credit card? How do I shop for myself?

In DD’s case he seems like a creative type that could start making art. Maybe not to the heights of Markovich or Adams but he strikes me as someone that can do something else other than skate.  Best part is that he could still goof around and old heads would be stoked.

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -146
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2023, 02:08:38 PM »
Maybe not to the heights of Markovich or Adams…

Ouch…

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2023, 03:28:04 PM »
he strikes me as someone that can do something else other than skate.

He strikes me as the type of guy that can only skate and party. And one of those things seems to be coming to an end sooner than later because of the other.

your_wifes_xanax

• Rep: 15
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2023, 03:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Absolutely.

Im close to someone who has drank their entire life and at 60 it’s arrested development. They’re sober a year but feel like they woke up on a different planet.

What’s a credit card? How do I shop for myself?

In DD’s case he seems like a creative type that could start making art. Maybe not to the heights of Markovich or Adams but he strikes me as someone that can do something else other than skate.  Best part is that he could still goof around and old heads would be stoked.

Doesnt he do all the editing for the baker videos and run the distribution of Bakerboys in EU and Australia?

Pretty sure he was rambling about that on his nineclub episode

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2023, 03:39:32 PM »
Hope he can get help. I had someone close commit suicide and it it has a horrible domino affect for lots of people :(

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2023, 03:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
he strikes me as someone that can do something else other than skate.
[close]

He strikes me as the type of guy that can only skate and party. And one of those things seems to be coming to an end sooner than later because of the other.

He also films and edits at a high level. And loves movies, would love to see a feature film directed by Dustin Dollin lol. Hope he can get it together, always loved watching him skate and his style.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2023, 03:56:10 PM »
I hope getting his dog back has him feeling better. Is he still married? I don't think he has to do art or anything else. He should be doing well financially. He made a lot of money in his time in the industry having vans and volcom as sponsors for so long and owning a distribution (probably among other things). I'm sure he's made more than kirchart and while not as frugal as him, he doesn't seem like the type to have blown it all on stupid shit.

pool coping

• Rep: -64
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2023, 04:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Seriously. I’m not even the biggest Dollin fan nevertheless  Pool Coping’s comments really bothers me. Hope he has a horrible Monday. Common knowledge , DD an alcoholic pro. Quite impressive the longevity of his career & how he has functioned for so long . He has an abundance of blenders under his belt  , this time feels different & not good

i had a fine monday, thank you very much. why should i feel so bad for the guy? i feel a little bit sorry for him, but he's lived a more fortunate life than most, just partying and skating all the time and milking his sponsors forever. his whole diatribe about everyone around him dying... well most people have people close to them die, that's how life is, although most people actually contribute to society and take care of their families at the same time and they just chin up and get through it because that's the only option they have.