Author Topic: Shecks of etnies?  (Read 22467 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
Re: Shecks of etnies?
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2024, 08:50:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
funny people are speculating sheckler is gonna end up on another shoe company after etnies lol
[close]

Reminds me of a discussion they had a while back on the nine club about where Koston is gonna go for a board sponsor after SM disbanded. They were all debating where he’ll end up as if he’s still actively filming and putting parts out and not a rich retired guy who golfs more than he skates.
[close]

Koston could at least still get that crailtap nostalgia market. The problem is there's no Sheckler nostalgia. I don't think there ever reach a point when someone's dying to have their first almost Sheck deck or etnies shoe. Sheck's best shoe was the Marana and they took his name off it quick

The fandangle is the ironic bs flip el toro

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2024, 09:45:52 AM »
Expand Quote
funny people are speculating sheckler is gonna end up on another shoe company after etnies lol
[close]

He's going to be lucky if he can become a legacy pro for Cariuma. More likely he goes the Andy Macdonald route and gets a signature shoe with Grocery Outlet or something.
i mean yeah im just trying so hard to envision where he could go and i see nothing but something extremely random and a major cash grab

biaherl

• Rep: 276
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2024, 11:14:00 AM »
It's so weird, he still has them on his sponser list but they don't have him at all

Saw this on the Etnies insta. That shoe box on the top right says Ben De G. Not gonna lie, the Snake shoe looks cool in black.

No Shecks or Ryan S on any of the boxes

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2024, 11:30:26 AM »
Red Bull never dropped the raw footy of his last part so I couldn’t do my Bob Seger re-edit… dang it.  That could’ve helped things, potentially.

Back when I was lurking, someone here said Shecks tried to sell them a Sandlot Times board off the wall at a shop and they had to decline.  He’s just not at that Koston tier, I’m afraid.  I think this is why he’s heavily partnered with brands like Woodward to develop young skaters, he’s been consciously prepping for what’s next for a while I think.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2024, 11:33:14 AM »
Did yall notice Skeckler still has Etnies on his insta but it's not link, just @etnies

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2024, 12:11:28 PM »
Did yall notice Skeckler still has Etnies on his insta but it's not link, just @etnies

Just checked and it links.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2324
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2024, 12:47:05 PM »

SKECKS!

bombsquid

• Rep: -1
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2024, 09:56:57 AM »
the Marana and Joslin are (tied for placement) are in the top 10 modern shoes for quality/performance.

I only skate Marana, because they fit my feet perfectly and last for long. Will they stop making Maranas if Sheckler is of?

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2024, 10:07:42 AM »
I was speaking to someone last night who skates with Shecks pretty often and can confirm hes off. It actually seems like theres a bit of bad blood between the two. My friend is flow for Sandlot and Shecks was asking who him who he gets shoes from. My friend told him his shop hooks him up with Nikes, and Shecks response was “oh thats cool, anything besides etnies” .

thehogsniper

• Rep: 42
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2024, 10:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote
the Marana and Joslin are (tied for placement) are in the top 10 modern shoes for quality/performance.
[close]

I only skate Marana, because they fit my feet perfectly and last for long. Will they stop making Maranas if Sheckler is of?
They won't stop making the Marana if an astroid hits the earth. It's been over 10 years on the market.

bombsquid

• Rep: -1
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2024, 11:18:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
They won't stop making the Marana if an astroid hits the earth. It's been over 10 years on the market.

Yeah, but it's Skekcler's shoe, and without him, maybe it will go away? It sells really well and I've seen other pros wear it too.

thehogsniper

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2024, 11:53:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, but it's Skekcler's shoe, and without him, maybe it will go away? It sells really well and I've seen other pros wear it too.
It hasn't been his shoe for a very very long time. His name isn't on it, it's not his shoe.

emotional_degloving

• Rep: 44
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2024, 12:09:34 PM »
Didn't the Skeckler just get a shoe at the end of 2022 or some shit? Gotta wonder how bad shit got for him to bounce given he's been with Etnies since he was a wean. Maybe they weren't gonna give him any more Marana royalties.

Hoping they still make the Joslin or that the Sole Tech ship doesn't completely sink. Lemme try run that company.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2024, 03:00:27 PM »
Didn't the Skeckler just get a shoe at the end of 2022 or some shit? Gotta wonder how bad shit got for him to bounce given he's been with Etnies since he was a wean. Maybe they weren't gonna give him any more Marana royalties.

Hoping they still make the Joslin or that the Sole Tech ship doesn't completely sink. Lemme try run that company.

I forgot about that shoe, and they made a whole big deal with him getting a 10 year anniversary campaign with the marana and him going on nine club. Either he wanted more money or checks stopped clearing.

I think it’s hilarious multiple people on here have been like fuck it lemme run sole tech haha. It does make you wonder if we really could come up with a way to run this company better or we’re all nostalgic idiots.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2024, 04:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I forgot about that shoe, and they made a whole big deal with him getting a 10 year anniversary campaign with the marana and him going on nine club. Either he wanted more money or checks stopped clearing.

I think it’s hilarious multiple people on here have been like fuck it lemme run sole tech haha. It does make you wonder if we really could come up with a way to run this company better or we’re all nostalgic idiots.
There's be no way to do it without dropping everyone. But since it looks like that's happening anyway then fuck it give me a run. I hate nostalgia so I'll either fix it or fuck it up so fast it will be a quick death.

As far as Sheckler getting a shoe wasn't it the same as the Marana where it seemed like his pro shoe but then just turned into a team shoe plus in the past people have got let go right after shoes came out. Cairo, Rojo first that come to mind.

emotional_degloving

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2024, 04:42:48 PM »

Fuck it dude, they want a skater run company give it to the skaters. Fuck this weird nostalgia that etnies is just stewing in, "we're a 90s brand anyway here's like a bunch of shit we don't know what to do with and also some vans" like it's hurting the fuckin brand. You have eS for that.

Annihilate half the models they sell as they're just wasting space and resources. Emphasise cleaner designs like Josl1n and the Kingpin and improve them to make em more comfortable.
Build like an actual community by supporting events and stop selling from the site DTC and mall shops. Make more videos than like "here's a contest in poland" and "here's the michelin man"
Unionize the factories and compensate the skaters by giving them actual healthcare and shit.
Fire don brown

thehogsniper

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2024, 04:59:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck it dude, they want a skater run company give it to the skaters. Fuck this weird nostalgia that etnies is just stewing in, "we're a 90s brand anyway here's like a bunch of shit we don't know what to do with and also some vans" like it's hurting the fuckin brand. You have eS for that.

Annihilate half the models they sell as they're just wasting space and resources. Emphasise cleaner designs like Josl1n and the Kingpin and improve them to make em more comfortable.
Build like an actual community by supporting events and stop selling from the site DTC and mall shops. Make more videos than like "here's a contest in poland" and "here's the michelin man"
Unionize the factories and compensate the skaters by giving them actual healthcare and shit.
Fire don brown
Let's just hire Damon Way and Danny Way and cash in. I'm in.

Can he read

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2024, 06:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fire don brown

And change the logo too. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on some Etnies but that stupid army reserve looking shit just reminds me of all the dude bros with metal mulisha tank tops pounding jaegar bombs at the bar from when I was younger. They had a couple solid logos early on.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2024, 06:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fire don brown
[close]
Let's just hire Damon Way and Danny Way and cash in. I'm in.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2024, 06:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fire don brown

I was poking fun at the fact I’ve said multiple times on here I should run emerica haha. But at this point fuck it , I think enough of us on here could. I mean first thing to do is figure supply chain. I’ve long said that’s their big issue. They are clearly shit at the lowest level of business with the way prices have gone up when you have instagram influencers creating higher quality shoes at better prices , they might not be skate shoes but it’s obvious that you can go to Asia and get good deals on manufacturing these days if you put any effort in.

The other issue is marketing and that’s probably the tougher thing is make these things cool to non skaters to offset manufacturing costs through general population interest which is how they thrived in the 2000s.

We know they’re barely paying pros outside of Aurelien and Joslin and no longer shecks so that shouldn’t be an issue.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

thehogsniper

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2024, 06:57:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fire don brown
[close]

I was poking fun at the fact I’ve said multiple times on here I should run emerica haha. But at this point fuck it , I think enough of us on here could. I mean first thing to do is figure supply chain. I’ve long said that’s their big issue. They are clearly shit at the lowest level of business with the way prices have gone up when you have instagram influencers creating higher quality shoes at better prices , they might not be skate shoes but it’s obvious that you can go to Asia and get good deals on manufacturing these days if you put any effort in.

The other issue is marketing and that’s probably the tougher thing is make these things cool to non skaters to offset manufacturing costs through general population interest which is how they thrived in the 2000s.

We know they’re barely paying pros outside of Aurelien and Joslin and no longer shecks so that shouldn’t be an issue.
LRAB jumped in out of no-where and got the shoes made in Vietnam for a good price, despite not having the distribution of Soletech or the years of experience. Their team looks pretty good too. It's not impossible, it's just that they're not willing to throw everything out the window for a hail mary attempt at reviving their brand.

Fernzilla

• Rep: 26
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2024, 08:15:49 PM »
Kind of stupid but I had a vid just pop up on one of my socials where he's having tryouts for flow on sandlot and he looks hella rough sometimes. He is NOT aging well. I had to check and he's 34? Those tatts are not helping at all. He looks like he just go out of the joint. 

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2024, 08:36:53 PM »
Kind of stupid but I had a vid just pop up on one of my socials where he's having tryouts for flow on sandlot and he looks hella rough sometimes. He is NOT aging well. I had to check and he's 34? Those tatts are not helping at all. He looks like he just go out of the joint.

Definitely the effect alcoholism has had on him. It’s like a weird combination of ageing/too much booze/too much sun. Seen it a million times with construction workers that look the same.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2024, 09:30:04 PM »
For what it’s worth he’s skating in Etnies today.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3fc1dSrp34/?igsh=MXBlcGlodmk4NGY3eQ==

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2024, 10:42:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No. It's their best selling shoe alongside the Joslin. It's unlikely they'd can the design if Shecks left. If you like the Marana, the Joslin is a great alternative if you haven't tried it yet.

Technically, the Marana has always been and always will be a Sheckler pro shoe. @TwisT you're incorrect about them "quickly taking the name off."

Sheckler launched that as his pro shoe in 2013 or 2014 and agreed to make it a "team/pro" shoe with Etnies. His name was never "branded and then taken off" like you said. He was the face/marketer of the shoe from the get-go, outside of Chris Joslin, so Sheckler & Etnies chose to market it that way from the jump.

Basically, it's his shoe, he designed it, etc., so he (I would assume) gets some amount of royalties from Marana sales, regardless of whether it's a Sheckler colorway or not.
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2024, 11:33:13 PM »
Sheckler would be a perfect fit on Sketchers
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2024, 12:00:34 AM »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2024, 12:17:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The comment section is scary:

I'm not a believer myself, but how is that scary?? This is
a harmless back and forth between two people that have faith in something higher (whether it exists or not). Nothing scary here, especially since they're not pushing any propaganda or marketing anything via that belief
Super Champion Fun Zone

Ghost Face

• Rep: 125
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2024, 12:18:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

a harmless back and forth between two people that have faith in something higher (whether it exists or not). Nothing scary here, especially since they're not pushing any propaganda or marketing anything via that belief

yeah, If that makes you scared then I don't know.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2024, 12:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Communicating in hashtags and emojis is definitely scary to me