Author Topic: Shecks of etnies?  (Read 21984 times)

AllisonChalmers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: Shecks of etnies?
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2024, 08:43:02 AM »
How do you guys just randomly end up on etnies team sites what the fuck

Maybe Soletech would be more popular if they made shoes that don’t look out of place on adults outside of a skatepark.  Last Resort was able to accomplish this, so I don’t think it’s a matter of core vs. corpo.  It’s simply a matter of making classic looking shoes that appeal to a wide audience.

I agree, seems like a no-brainer from a buisness standpoint. Well made, established silhouettes not only sell to a wider demographic but sell better within the skate community as well. The top selling shoes right now are probably Chuck Taylor's and dunks. It's almost a prerequisite at this point that a skate shoe silhouette has to have roots or major influence outside of skateboarding for it to be remotely successful. I think its less about selling skateshoes to outsiders and more about skateboarders wanting to look and feel like semi-normal people on and off the board. Adidas, Nike, Converse, Vans all rely heavily on sales of pre established shoes that weren't even originally designed to be skated in. The Tom Knox pro for New Balance for example they made sure to make a big deal of it being based on an NB indoor soccer shoe.  And anytime a 'core' shoe brand (Sole-tech, DC, Osiris, Fallen, Globe) tries to go heritage it's usually ends up a gross reminder of how willy nilly they were pumping out shoes in the late 90's with anyone from Chet Thomas to Moses Itkonen somehow having input on shoe construction.

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -356
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2024, 01:08:04 PM »

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2024, 02:06:05 PM »
The re-issue of the Snake should be cool
https://eu.etnies.com/products/snake-black-white-4101000581-976

Pretty excited for these actually, dunno if I’d skate em but you know they’d look great with some blue jeans and a white tee.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Jimmy The Saint

• Rep: 11
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2024, 02:14:21 PM »
I could have sworn i read he left awhile ago. Can't remember where i saw it, but i thought there was a quote from him and everything.
"Give it a name."

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2024, 03:33:54 PM »
seems like a new balance kinda guy to me

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

manysnakes

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2024, 03:57:55 PM »
It’s funny that anyone thinks the information on the Etnies website in 2024 is current or meaningful.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2024, 04:03:26 PM »
Could see him in Cons Fastbreaks or AS-1s
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2024, 04:28:02 PM »
seems like a new balance kinda guy to me

This would be hilarious

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2024, 05:44:38 PM »
The funds they are freeing up must be nice. Also could finally hook up some younger dudes.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2024, 10:56:45 PM »
It’s funny that anyone thinks the information on the Etnies website in 2024 is current or meaningful.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2024, 01:22:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bring back the OG rap in solid colors. Shecks is whatever.
[close]
The Rap is coming in a solid suede green color soon. I'm sure more solid colors are coming.
Expand Quote
Maybe Soletech would be more popular if they made shoes that don’t look out of place on adults outside of a skatepark.  Last Resort was able to accomplish this, so I don’t think it’s a matter of core vs. corpo.  It’s simply a matter of making classic looking shoes that appeal to a wide audience.
[close]
Honestly, I'm fine with skate shoes looking like skate shoes. LRAB has been around for four years and riding the wave of Polar's popularity, who knows where they'll be in the next ten years. They could be dead for all we know. The Marana, Joslin, are fine enough shoes. I'm sure Aurelien's shoe is good too. For the limited funds that they have, soletech does fine. the cheap crappy stuff keeps the good quality product going. It's just a matter of brand image that makes soletech seem like they're in the doldrums. Same thing happened with DC back before they started reissuing, and then after working tirelessly on that I think they've earned themselves a lot of well-deserved cred for making the best reissues on the market.
[close]

Sales rep spotted. DC are about to be licensed to whoever wants to manufacture them, ABG standard method, and have zero team riders. Etnies shoes are dog shit the marina and joslin especially. Take longer than Dunks to break in and fall apart quicker. What are you on about

What are you talking about? The Joslin and Marana both beat or tie with the Dunk in longevity, regardless of whether they break in slower than a Dunk or not. You do not know what the fuck you're talking about. Numerous shoe reviews and comparison videos out there prove your claim wrong. They are top quality shoes that easily contend with Dunks, 1010s, 808s, Busenitz, Fastbreaks, etc. for a higher end tech cupsole. Anyone claiming Michelin cupsoles from etnies are average or decent quality at best doesn't know enough about shoe tech or has never skated a pair.

If you don't like Etnies, cool. But saying objectively false information about how they (Marana and Joslin) fall apart quicker than a Dunk just because you don't like Etnies makes you look foolish. They don't take longer than Dunks, probably about the same amount of time honestly to break in
Super Champion Fun Zone

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2024, 02:12:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bring back the OG rap in solid colors. Shecks is whatever.
[close]
The Rap is coming in a solid suede green color soon. I'm sure more solid colors are coming.
Expand Quote
[close]
Honestly, I'm fine with skate shoes looking like skate shoes. LRAB has been around for four years and riding the wave of Polar's popularity, who knows where they'll be in the next ten years. They could be dead for all we know. The Marana, Joslin, are fine enough shoes. I'm sure Aurelien's shoe is good too. For the limited funds that they have, soletech does fine. the cheap crappy stuff keeps the good quality product going. It's just a matter of brand image that makes soletech seem like they're in the doldrums. Same thing happened with DC back before they started reissuing, and then after working tirelessly on that I think they've earned themselves a lot of well-deserved cred for making the best reissues on the market.
[close]

Sales rep spotted. DC are about to be licensed to whoever wants to manufacture them, ABG standard method, and have zero team riders. Etnies shoes are dog shit the marina and joslin especially. Take longer than Dunks to break in and fall apart quicker. What are you on about
[close]

What are you talking about? The Joslin and Marana both beat or tie with the Dunk in longevity, regardless of whether they break in slower than a Dunk or not. You do not know what the fuck you're talking about. Numerous shoe reviews and comparison videos out there prove your claim wrong. They are top quality shoes that easily contend with Dunks, 1010s, 808s, Busenitz, Fastbreaks, etc. for a higher end tech cupsole. Anyone claiming Michelin cupsoles from etnies are average or decent quality at best doesn't know enough about shoe tech or has never skated a pair.

If you don't like Etnies, cool. But saying objectively false information about how they (Marana and Joslin) fall apart quicker than a Dunk just because you don't like Etnies makes you look foolish. They don't take longer than Dunks, probably about the same amount of time honestly to break in

If anyone on here is qualified on this subject it’s this guy. No one sole techs like he sole techs.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2024, 02:25:56 AM »
But @DarkPools is right. Etnies with the Michelin sole hold up really well. Quality wise, they are all very similar I think. It's just what companies someone prefers. It's all fine to me, as long as you don't show up in Cariuma's.
IG: @flowterspace

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2024, 02:39:44 AM »
But @DarkPools is right. Etnies with the Michelin sole hold up really well. Quality wise, they are all very similar I think. It's just what companies someone prefers. It's all fine to me, as long as you don't show up in Cariuma's.

I don’t know when the vibe changed cause for the past decade the consensus on here was the Joslin and Marana Michelin were probably the most durable shoe you could get especially for the money until the price hike the last few years. I think people just hate Etnies to hate.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2024, 07:16:45 AM »
Sole Tech is donezo.

The shoes are booty.

Kids don’t care about company and team legacy.

Do u actually get paid riding for that shit?

I'm pretty sure Sole Tech fired all of their sales reps a few months ago right?  They must really be hurting. Sad.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2024, 08:34:46 AM »
https://youtu.be/lZ7pmFo-tFg?si=Tuu_YlZTQwOZpfH3

This edit was really good. Etnies is solid teamwise.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2024, 01:03:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Sole Tech is donezo.

The shoes are booty.

[close]

I'm pretty sure Sole Tech fired all of their sales reps a few months ago right?  They must really be hurting. Sad.

That's smart firing the people who bring in the money & make the orders!!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2024, 03:39:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Sole Tech is donezo.

The shoes are booty.

[close]

What’s your favorite kombucha?

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -45
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2024, 05:20:04 PM »
Reallt begs the question how well did the calicut sell in the 2000s for etnies to pay Shecklers salary for neatly 2 decades?. Half of witch he did nothing besides pile on. Crazy to think about cause they had jack shit going for them money wise but could afford multiple millions a year for like 20 years on the shecks.

manysnakes

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2024, 05:38:57 PM »
It really feels like we are all waiting for the shoe to drop on about a dozen once-major skateboard companies, including several shoe makers.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • sup dog
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2024, 06:24:25 PM »
It really feels like we are all waiting for the shoe to drop on about a dozen once-major skateboard companies, including several shoe makers.
Yes but, when is the shoe on the other foot?
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -118
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2024, 12:09:52 PM »
False alarm(?!?)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 03:26:51 PM by Tonyhawk-prostate »
Big fat nollie tre

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2024, 01:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Sole Tech is donezo.

The shoes are booty.

[close]

Damn, really?  Anyone know more about this?  Wonder how long Soletech has left.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2255
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2024, 03:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sole Tech is donezo.
[close]
They must really be hurting. Sad.
[close]
Wonder how long Soletech has left.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2255
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2024, 03:43:27 PM »
Kidding.
I hope they stick around: where else am I going to get "decent" skate sneaks for $19.99 (plus sales tax) shipped to my door?!? They run those sales a few times a year & I always capitalize on the moment.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • sup dog
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2024, 03:45:36 PM »
Kidding.
I hope they stick around: where else am I going to get "decent" skate sneaks for $19.99 (plus sales tax) shipped to my door?!? They run those sales a few times a year & I always capitalize on the moment.
Except Joslins  :( my size doesn’t make it to the sales anymore.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2024, 12:46:44 AM »
funny people are speculating sheckler is gonna end up on another shoe company after etnies lol

manysnakes

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2024, 06:14:43 AM »
funny people are speculating sheckler is gonna end up on another shoe company after etnies lol

He's going to be lucky if he can become a legacy pro for Cariuma. More likely he goes the Andy Macdonald route and gets a signature shoe with Grocery Outlet or something.

Can he read

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2024, 08:03:45 AM »

Reminds me of a discussion they had a while back on the nine club about where Koston is gonna go for a board sponsor after SM disbanded. They were all debating where he’ll end up as if he’s still actively filming and putting parts out and not a rich retired guy who golfs more than he skates.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2024, 08:42:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reminds me of a discussion they had a while back on the nine club about where Koston is gonna go for a board sponsor after SM disbanded. They were all debating where he’ll end up as if he’s still actively filming and putting parts out and not a rich retired guy who golfs more than he skates.

Koston could at least still get that crailtap nostalgia market. The problem is there's no Sheckler nostalgia. I don't think there ever reach a point when someone's dying to have their first almost Sheck deck or etnies shoe. Sheck's best shoe was the Marana and they took his name off it quick