Author Topic: Shecks of etnies?  (Read 22471 times)

thehogsniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Shecks of etnies?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2024, 05:45:09 PM »
Bring back the OG rap in solid colors. Shecks is whatever.
The Rap is coming in a solid suede green color soon. I'm sure more solid colors are coming.
Maybe Soletech would be more popular if they made shoes that don’t look out of place on adults outside of a skatepark.  Last Resort was able to accomplish this, so I don’t think it’s a matter of core vs. corpo.  It’s simply a matter of making classic looking shoes that appeal to a wide audience.
Honestly, I'm fine with skate shoes looking like skate shoes. LRAB has been around for four years and riding the wave of Polar's popularity, who knows where they'll be in the next ten years. They could be dead for all we know. The Marana, Joslin, are fine enough shoes. I'm sure Aurelien's shoe is good too. For the limited funds that they have, soletech does fine. the cheap crappy stuff keeps the good quality product going. It's just a matter of brand image that makes soletech seem like they're in the doldrums. Same thing happened with DC back before they started reissuing, and then after working tirelessly on that I think they've earned themselves a lot of well-deserved cred for making the best reissues on the market.

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -20
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2024, 05:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The Rap is coming in a solid suede green color soon. I'm sure more solid colors are coming.

Great to hear! Thanks.

thehogsniper

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2024, 06:17:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Great to hear! Thanks.
[close]

prof_oak

• Rep: -22
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2024, 06:29:00 PM »
Hes fully on etnies

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2024, 07:17:14 PM »
There are only 2 Etnies shoes that matter since inception

Sal 23
Raps
Mayyyyybe NATAS pro model (Heads said they sucked BITD and were $$$)
Natas' shoe was retooled as the Rap
unreadable trap logo

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 21
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2024, 07:40:29 PM »
on last resort!!!!!

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2024, 10:41:32 PM »

Sal 23
Raps

Sal 23, Raps and MC Raps were the only Etnies I skated in, but I always thought the Innercity 2’s were cool. I wanted the 2 tone browns or the black and grays. Once Es’ came out, my crew was over Etnies for good.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2024, 10:49:35 PM »
Strange things happening at Sole Tech. Rob Pace just got announced and now he's wearing Half Cabs on a Volcom trip.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2024, 10:49:42 PM »
He stills has Etnies in his IG bio.
Sir, I'm going to politely, but firmly, ask you and your common sense to leave this establishment.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2024, 10:54:24 PM »
Trevor McClung of too. Wonder if Tug can get him on NB#

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2024, 01:15:32 AM »
Strange things happening at Sole Tech. Rob Pace just got announced and now he's wearing Half Cabs on a Volcom trip.

Etnies poached him from Emerica?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2024, 02:32:35 AM »
More concerned about 32 at the point. Sole tech been phoning it in since Reynolds left.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

marosb

• Rep: 2
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2024, 03:27:20 AM »
on last resort!!!!!
he will have shared part with jesse alba in the upcoming lr video

ish_wav

• Rep: 101
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2024, 03:47:06 AM »
Damn so no Sheckler 2 reissue? That was my fav shoe growing up.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2024, 04:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote

Sal 23
Raps
[close]

Sal 23, Raps and MC Raps were the only Etnies I skated in, but I always thought the Innercity 2’s were cool. I wanted the 2 tone browns or the black and grays. Once Es’ came out, my crew was over Etnies for good.

I always loved how the Skol and Screw looked. Especially the Screw, it was the only other skate mid top out around ‘94. I remember being really bummed seeing a BMXer in my school wearing them.

Seeing someone wearing Etnies back then was a telltale sign that they actually skated. We used to dread the day that they would end up in the mall.

The bottom of the etnies sole looked great photos.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Banned from the room

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2024, 12:09:12 PM »

I agree. Trevor fits. But is there room.

Shtonk

• Rep: -557
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2024, 12:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Maybe Soletech would be more popular if they made shoes that don’t look out of place on adults outside of a skatepark.  Last Resort was able to accomplish this, so I don’t think it’s a matter of core vs. corpo.  It’s simply a matter of making classic looking shoes that appeal to a wide audience.
[close]
Honestly, I'm fine with skate shoes looking like skate shoes. LRAB has been around for four years and riding the wave of Polar's popularity, who knows where they'll be in the next ten years. They could be dead for all we know. The Marana, Joslin, are fine enough shoes. I'm sure Aurelien's shoe is good too. For the limited funds that they have, soletech does fine. the cheap crappy stuff keeps the good quality product going. It's just a matter of brand image that makes soletech seem like they're in the doldrums. Same thing happened with DC back before they started reissuing, and then after working tirelessly on that I think they've earned themselves a lot of well-deserved cred for making the best reissues on the market.

Sales rep spotted. DC are about to be licensed to whoever wants to manufacture them, ABG standard method, and have zero team riders. Etnies shoes are dog shit the marina and joslin especially. Take longer than Dunks to break in and fall apart quicker. What are you on about

JamesFardy

• Rep: 68
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2024, 12:17:42 PM »
I remember liking artos shoes but I imagine I would hate them if I saw them in person. Like beating it to a gf from high school when you are in your 30s now….. don’t want to think about it too much but you know it happens….

thehogsniper

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2024, 02:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Sales rep spotted. DC are about to be licensed to whoever wants to manufacture them, ABG standard method, and have zero team riders. Etnies shoes are dog shit the marina and joslin especially. Take longer than Dunks to break in and fall apart quicker. What are you on about
Sales rep for who? I gave props to two different companies. DC Shoes up until their acquisition were great shoes, I'd take a pair of the Shanahan's any day over the Ishod Wair Max. Not to mention Shanahan last year was SOTY level skater. Putting that aside, the etnies shoes aren't dogshit. Both of those etnies shoes are fine, comfortable enough and decent quality. Michelin rubber is pretty good for wear and tear. Are they top of the line shoes? No, of course not. But they're not dogshit by any means, especially considering you can buy them regularly at $40-60. Also, the recent dunk releases have had some godawful slick leather and pretty meh build quality. not to mention their price has gotten up to $125 for that navy release they just did. You should probably know what you're actually talking about.

Banned from the room

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2024, 03:39:12 PM »
I think at this point the DC Kalinx are the only sole tech shoe that I would try these days.
That shits dope to me. I see a foam foot bed or mid sole I think ahhh. Safe shoe choice .

I'd rock Raps but I'd have to look at um first after my last sole tech experience.
I'd Marana tire shoe with an fp.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 03:49:19 PM by Uncle Flea »

slapcurbsnotwomen

• Rep: 22
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2024, 03:54:56 PM »
on footprint shoes

Banned from the room

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2024, 03:58:27 PM »
on footprint shoes

That would make sense but Shecks would definitely need a shoe. It would have to be banging too.

At least an insole. They should put older promotion crappie crap from back in the day. Real hook the nostalgic with old baby Shecks MTV "art"

I can see it clear af.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2024, 07:12:55 PM »
Neh Etnies is fine, slappers tend to forget Etnies Bikes does really good. And Fabi and Andy have their own following that would buy their stuff

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2024, 07:27:17 PM »
I could see Cariuma. Only because the old etnies TM is now the TM for Cariuma and I heard Joslin was contemplating on going over as well. Money must be good!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2024, 07:46:09 PM »
I think at this point the DC Kalinx are the only sole tech shoe that I would try these days.
That shits dope to me. I see a foam foot bed or mid sole I think ahhh. Safe shoe choice .

I'd rock Raps but I'd have to look at um first after my last sole tech experience.
I'd Marana tire shoe with an fp.

I wanna correct you that DC isn’t a sole tech brand but based on your posts , I’m also pretty sure you might live in alternate reality and somehow have found a way to post on our realities slap.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2024, 07:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree. Trevor fits. But is there room.

Isn’t he of plan b too? Might be on job.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 84
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2024, 06:19:25 AM »
Never understood the argument why being sold at Walmart explains kicking teamriders. Wouldn't the insane amount of money you're making off that allow you to pay people more rather than less?  I could see Shecks on sufficient delusions to start his own shoe brand. Not sure what's going on bit everyone and their mama is making shoes all of a sudden

I think the argument is that most brands that end up in Walmart drop most of their riders because once you shift into that business model, having a pro team doesn't provide much value anymore. Consumers buying product at Walmart have no connection to skateboarding and don't know or care which pros ride for a shoe brand, they just want to buy their kid 3 pairs of shoes for $75. They're not watching videos or seeing ads in Thrasher. I also would not necessarily assume that a brand getting placed in Walmart automatically equates to financial success, the profit margins are much lower there because they have to price their product much cheaper than they would in skate shops. Brands also don't usually turn to Walmart unless they're struggling to make ends meet in the core skate industry. Either way, even if they were making tons of money, a pro team still wouldn't really serve them financially because it's just not a sustainable marketing tool for that demographic.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2024, 06:44:11 AM »
How do you guys just randomly end up on etnies team sites what the fuck

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 27
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2024, 07:07:30 AM »
Shecks still has Etnies on his IG bio

Banned from the room

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2024, 07:35:53 AM »
Idk.

If he did leave FP is way cooler than cariooma.

I fuckin hate that brand. I'll continue to do so till they kick that kid of for tearing up that tree to get a bullshit basic trick.

It made me realize that the top brass at ooma don't actually gives fuck about the air we breathe. Cuz if I was TM I'd be like wtf is wrong with you. Why you run that? Got no brain?
Harming trees is against contract.
Second you got more b roll than footage. Why you posted your tree clip.
This is against our bullshit image. HELLO buy a shoe plant a tree.. Hello in there. You fired. Im all set.

Is he going to throw in the towel like that tho?

FP WAY OVER OOMA. Joey ain't lying to people. His product is killer. What's cariooma got? Nothing that's why they're giving us trees. That and it's part of every Brazilian business model.

How we going to crack American market? I know just say the word rainforest and boom liberals dub you Scrooge McDuck. Tried and true yo...