Author Topic: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread  (Read 35875 times)

skatebored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jamie Thomas Appreciation Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2007, 10:01:52 PM »
2. Why should the people who were originally pissed not still be pissed?[/b] Keep in mind, it was still your ultimately your fault the video did not play originally, and that's why they were pissed.

It was clear that the reason they were pissed is that the video was cancelled because "somebody might film it and put it on youtube"....Once it was cleared up that it was not because of that, then the guys werent pissed because for other more understandable reasons, shit like this happens with premieres all the time.   This question you keep asking has been cleared up already 5 times.

Or this: what was that footage you had removed from the Baker video of? I heard you threatend to sue....

I was always wondering that myself. Good question
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:03:37 PM by skatebored »

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:49 PM »
did the black and white tour happen to be in philly during that LIVE EARTH shit? I would think with the need for heightened security of an event of that magnitude there would be a good LOVE park session going on. Any truth to this theory?

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2007, 11:17:48 PM »

Be sure to keep us posted on this. I figured you would choose one of the other six reasons you've already posted, but you completely threw me for a loop by adding a seventh.

How about this: You claim not to care about blank boards, and that you just had the shops put them in the back that day so it would be all about the Zero boards. Well why didn't you force them to put all of the non-Zero boards in the back, including graphics?

Or this: what was that footage you had removed from the Baker video of? I heard you threatend to sue....

Dang, man you're really digging.
The footage in Baker Bootleg was my sponsor me video, that's not any great discovery. I asked Per from Blitz to take it out because at the time I wasn't on good terms with anyone on Baker except Ellington, so there was no reason for me to be in there vid, especially, my sponsor-me vid. It was just in there to stir crap up. I told Per it wasn't cool or legal and he had J. take it out. I think he told J. I threatened to sue, so J. would take it serious, but it didn't get that far.

Truth is, I care less and less about blank boards everyday. If we're doing rad crap and making rad crap, our stuff will sell. If we're not, it won't.
We did ask shops to take down blanks and shop boards for the day on this tour for the first time. No one complained except for heads on here.
But, I wouldn't do it again, not because of you, but because I don't think it's neccessary. As long as we supply the shops with tour boards and they can sell for the same price as the blank/shop boards, I think kids will buy those if they want them signed regardless if there's shop boards right there. Live and learn.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Gest

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2007, 11:20:48 PM »
sponsor me tape? i have not seen this. someone show me the footy of this

jamie, get on it

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2007, 11:23:18 PM »
Expand Quote
2. Why should the people who were originally pissed not still be pissed?[/b] Keep in mind, it was still your ultimately your fault the video did not play originally, and that's why they were pissed.
[close]

It was clear that the reason they were pissed is that the video was cancelled because "somebody might film it and put it on youtube"....Once it was cleared up that it was not because of that, then the guys werent pissed because for other more understandable reasons, shit like this happens with premieres all the time.   This question you keep asking has been cleared up already 5 times.

No it hasn't you fucking person. The story I'm getting is that Drake Jones cancelled it because kids would put it on YouTube, but the kids didn't care. According to the skateshop guys it was YouTube. I don't recall him ever saying it wasn't YouTube. He just said that Drake Jones said it, along with six other different things.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2007, 11:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No it hasn't you fucking person. The story I'm getting is that Drake Jones cancelled it because kids would put it on YouTube, but the kids didn't care. According to the skateshop guys it was YouTube. I don't recall him ever saying it wasn't YouTube. He just said that Drake Jones said it, along with six other different things.

Im just telling you why the orignal people arent pissed anymore, they thought Jamies explanation was a good enough and different reason from what they had heard.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:29:30 PM by skatebored »

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »
Truth is, I care less and less about blank boards everyday. If we're doing rad crap and making rad crap, our stuff will sell. If we're not, it won't.
We did ask shops to take down blanks and shop boards for the day on this tour for the first time. No one complained except for heads on here.
But, I wouldn't do it again, not because of you, but because I don't think it's neccessary. As long as we supply the shops with tour boards and they can sell for the same price as the blank/shop boards, I think kids will buy those if they want them signed regardless if there's shop boards right there. Live and learn.

So do you still support this:?

http://web.mac.com/chadmuskaworld/iWeb/Site/MUSKABLOG/5D70BE41-DAF4-4F15-BE36-1F3663FA0835.html
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

disrupt

• Rep: 0
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2007, 12:10:02 AM »
Blank boards are totally lame, when you buy a blank board your giving your money to some fat idiot wearing track pants trying to make a quick buck of skateboarding, i would much rather have a skateboarder owned company get my money so they can continue to A. Actually pay skaters, B. Make rad shit, C. Give people jobs, D. Make sick videos for me to watch

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So do you still support this:?

http://web.mac.com/chadmuskaworld/iWeb/Site/MUSKABLOG/5D70BE41-DAF4-4F15-BE36-1F3663FA0835.html

Support what? Muska's website or Muska's view?

I'm not psyched on blank boards and I still back what I've said about the topic, but I'm not consuming myself with trying to figure out what to do about it. I need to worry about what we need to do to support skateboarding and keep our brands relevant, so that's what I'm doing.

...that, and answering your pressing questions.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

07harriso

• Rep: -7
  • How do you kill someone you has no life?
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2007, 03:27:08 AM »
hey jamie. when do u think you will retire as a pro skater?...seeing as most street skaters retire in their early to mid 30's as pro

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2007, 04:43:28 AM »
Not Daniel Castillio.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2007, 06:14:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

better watch what ya say about my boi skatebored, i dont pull no punches unlike my boi JT ya heard me
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Joshewuhh

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2007, 06:18:26 AM »
Gotta love the diretion the appreciation thread went.
Its now a depreciation thread it seems.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2007, 06:29:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

better watch what ya say about my boi skatebored, i dont pull no punches unlike my boi JT ya heard me

Ha...ha....?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2007, 06:36:29 AM »

keeper of the lair

« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2007, 07:00:01 AM »
Expand Quote

Be sure to keep us posted on this. I figured you would choose one of the other six reasons you've already posted, but you completely threw me for a loop by adding a seventh.

How about this: You claim not to care about blank boards, and that you just had the shops put them in the back that day so it would be all about the Zero boards. Well why didn't you force them to put all of the non-Zero boards in the back, including graphics?

[close]

Dang, man you're really digging.
The footage in Baker Bootleg was my sponsor me video, that's not any great discovery. I asked Per from Blitz to take it out because at the time I wasn't on good terms with anyone on Baker except Ellington, so there was no reason for me to be in there vid, especially, my sponsor-me vid. It was just in there to stir crap up. I told Per it wasn't cool or legal and he had J. take it out. I think he told J. I threatened to sue, so J. would take it serious, but it didn't get that far.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Jamie's sponsor me vid!!!

PLZ LET ME SEE IT!!!!!!

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
I appreesh the chief, it's a shame you couldnt make it down to mass this weekend ;)

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »
hey jamie. when do u think you will retire as a pro skater?...seeing as most street skaters retire in their early to mid 30's as pro

When I don't have the desire to tour and film video parts, I'll hang it up.
I've been psyched on filming for the Fallen video, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2007, 10:11:40 AM »
I appreesh the chief, it's a shame you couldnt make it down to mass this weekend ;)

Yeah, that prank the other day sucked. What happened, after your 'Leap of Faith' material got old, you ran out of ideas?

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »
Haha. well.. we were talking about how you picked up diego.. so we kind of wanted ot let you know that we thought it was rad and it wasnt over looked. We just really couldnt relay it in prank form all that well.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2007, 12:20:24 PM »
Haha. well.. we were talking about how you picked up diego.. so we kind of wanted ot let you know that we thought it was rad and it wasnt over looked. We just really couldnt relay it in prank form all that well.

Cool, can I look forward to something funny next time?
Why don't you block your number?

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
We were going to do the tom from myspace bit, but its already been done.

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2007, 01:21:54 PM »
Has anyone actually called the skateshop or Black Box to verify this fools story? Probably not. What shop was it at? Tell us the name so we can google it, get the # and call them. If you don't supply it , i'm calling BULLSHIT!

gunther

• Rep: -3
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2007, 04:16:12 PM »
hey jamie, how 'bout the HOLY GHOST!?

defiantnate

« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »
Jamie, I heard you filmed your sponsor me tape naked, any truth to this?

diegomenendez

« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2007, 07:36:19 PM »
Has anyone actually called the skateshop or Black Box to verify this fools story? Probably not. What shop was it at? Tell us the name so we can google it, get the # and call them. If you don't supply it , i'm calling BULLSHIT!

Why the fuck would the skate shop want to hear from you? The whole thing was made up anyways. The photo of me and Jamie is photo shoped, our shop never had a signing/premire, it was a hoax. Ha can't beleive you guys fell for it..........ya  ::)

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2007, 08:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

That thread's been deleted?
[close]

So all these dudes at the shop found out Jamie gave me a ride. They said that's cool, and asked why.

So I told em about the whole premire cancellation, and one of the dudes got really pissed.

"We weren't set up for the premire? We have a big screen t.v. in the corner, and 12 overhead monitors so everyone can see from anywhere in the shop"

He then said

"Everyone was asking why the video wasn't showing, so I went up to Jamie, asked him and he said the whole youtube thing, so I just said forget it and walked away"

This guy was livid, and I've known him for about 5 years...

I'm not sure who Diego talked to that was livid, cause I talked to the dude who was running the show during our signing (also the dude Drake talked to) and he was real mellow and apologetic for all the drama.

He said that he and Drake discussed how the video could be premiered with most of the people outside and if it would be possible to monitor kids filming the video since it would be playing on several tv's in different locations throughout the store. He told me they agreed there wasn't a good way to host a formal premier, so they thought it would be best if we just waited and showed the video the next day at the demo.

He said he didn't hear any complaints until the past few days with the message board drama.

I think Diego has other friends that work at the store or friends that were pissed about the situation and maybe they posted the story as their own.
If anyone has any other sides of the story they heard from so and so, post them along with the sources and we'll get to the bottom of it.

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »
To be honest, when I saw this post on page 5 of the "homosexual" thread:

From the shop in question website's
A big thanks to everone who made it out in the rain last night to meet the Zero and Mystery teams. We had over 300 people waiting patiently inline for a chance to meet their favorite pro's and they did a great job ensuring everyone got their pictures and autographs. Unfortunatley, we ran short of time to show the video, but be on the lookout for it in the shop soon.

In my mind right away I called it shop owner greed. Only because I've had similar experiences with shop owners hosting demo tours, even worse. I'm sure the shop would prefer seeing 300 kids buying boards that day and coming back to the shop later to buy the video than showing it for free, which is more likely the real reason most of them showed up.

I can appreciate the bootlegging concern too, and don't blame BB for trying to not let it out at least until the tour is over. Premiere is premiere!

I can totally appreciate Diego's anger at driving that far only to find it cancelled. That's not cool and makes everyone involved accountable. It was advertized, skaters showed, vid didn't show, it could have been a disaster. I praise the well-mannered skaters who showed up.

The smart thing to do would have been to listen to Jamie's suggestion and show it on some of the small TV's.

Just my two cents.

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2007, 03:58:16 AM »
Hey Jamie, ever going to tour Europe?
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

butternuts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2007, 07:01:41 PM »
Hey is the Mystery video dropping soon? And speaking of old sponsor me tapes, are you going to have any of those guys old sponsor me tapes as bonus features? I heard Jimmy had a sick one from the guys at Street Machine.
Cardiel is rad.