Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709368 times)

Blind Fisherman

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6930 on: March 04, 2023, 04:47:00 PM »
Skated street with some friends and tried to film some clips today for the first time in almost 2 years. Ended the day with nothing to show except some cut up, bloody ass cheeks, but I had the time of my life doing it.

Sizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6931 on: March 04, 2023, 08:50:19 PM »
Expand Quote
dm her like a man
[close]
for what purpose tho, she lives on the other side of the country

Just do it, worst case scenario she leaves you on read. Just got out of a toxic relationshop and texted a super cool girl who I was FWB with for like two years and shes taking a trip to see me even though she’s rich and shit now and I’m still a burnout wastoid. Just go for it man.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #6932 on: March 05, 2023, 08:42:12 AM »
About 6 weeks in to my contract at this new gig and I tested positive for covid this weekend. Luckily the place im working at is pretty understanding and theyre gunna send me my work laptop so I can WFH while I quarantine.

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #6933 on: March 05, 2023, 02:23:49 PM »
I stopped hoarding hardgoods but now I’m hoarding softgoods—mainly shoes. My two pairs of Mike Arnold’s shoe hasn’t even arrived, but I already ordered a third, which I’ll probably wear during cremation.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6934 on: March 05, 2023, 07:01:32 PM »
Stoked my curbs are still going. I wax and skate there every day rain snow or shine. They are close to permanent butter. It is irreversible at this point.

Sometimes people stop me from it but to talk about random shit.

Today I was stopped from skating to talk about lizard people and random violence against the people of Salem, do to drugs and mental illnesses.

I said if lizard people are responsible for all the evil in the world then that theory discredits the reality of things. Lizard people is a distraction. The entire world good or bad is the creation of regular old humans. Ones who've been in power too long.

I'm 100% against all forms of violence always.

I deleted the rest..... I don't wanna revisit it.

I was unable to get back into skating the curbs after and the next few days I probably won't be able to go there.

I got crazy shit to do this week so I don't lose the little I got.

I gotta buy socks and underwear pretty badly. I'm thinking of going bikini briefs this time if I can find um. Like some 80s shit if I can find um.

Everything I got is loosing it's dye. Boxer briefs kinda suck these days. I need some colour and support lol.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

chronicbackpain

• Rep: 157
« Reply #6935 on: March 09, 2023, 01:08:29 PM »
Went to the doctor and got a referral for physical therapy.
Filed taxes and got a little bit coming my way but it is going to be used towards paying off credit card bills from PT and all the ill-fitting shoes I bought.

I’m going to be bummed if I have to refile due to some error. Finally got the right AGI, which you can get from the IRS website if you don’t have last year’s PIN or forms.

Edit: I just got my vision checked and it didn’t get worse. Within fifteen minutes of leaving, my glasses broke.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 05:46:04 AM by chronicbackpain »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6936 on: March 10, 2023, 10:21:52 PM »
I just burnt down the Middle East Cafe with my band. First time I ever played there.

I'm not stoked that I didn't jump on some ass. I got the. Second glance like 5 times.

One girl looked like she was on that 70s show. I have no idea why she was looking at me etc. Way way above my pay grade.

Probably has a filth kink.

No guys ever give me the time of day. That shit is wack AF.

It's much easier than going the other way after a long dry spell.
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6937 on: March 14, 2023, 03:11:27 PM »
i consumed a large sized portion of my roommates custom garbage plate(or as i call it). it's awesome and fucked up. he basically makes mashed potatos and fries up veggies and sausage. the mash goes into the bottom of a cakeform, veggies and stuff on top, topped with sauce and cheese. like a potato mash pizza. it always looks absurd, but it's delicious. at the same time, it's also unsettling to me.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #6938 on: March 17, 2023, 03:15:08 AM »
So we raised 650000€ to get a new Skatepark in town.
We made some plans and it should be built late summer.
So I'm stoked but...
Today, the fucking local newspaper had an article about it. With ME on the fucking front page . They used a stupid picture where I bail FS 5050 and I only got one foot on the board, the other foot on the ledge and the board is in FS boardslide position.. Dude this is embarrassing man.
And then I have to read that they wanna rebuild the Basketball and Volleyball fields too.. With Our fucking money.. Wtf is wrong with people?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 03:22:30 AM by vicious cycle »
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6939 on: March 18, 2023, 05:45:01 AM »
So I'm stoked but...
Today, the fucking local newspaper had an article about it. With ME on the fucking front page . They used a stupid picture where I bail FS 5050 and I only got one foot on the board, the other foot on the ledge and the board is in FS boardslide position.. Dude this is embarrassing man.
And then I have to read that they wanna rebuild the Basketball and Volleyball fields too.. With Our fucking money.. Wtf is wrong with people?

damn i'm sorry this happened to you.

omg dude XD this reminds me of something they did back in the day in my hometown. we had the only miniramp in a 30km radius(it fucking sucked, was over 6ft/about 2m high and instead of wood panels it was made of pvc!!! slippery as fuck, basically impossible to not revert...). they sent a radio broadcast team to make a bit out of it. just radio! like no visual XD so i skated the mini, doing rock fakiesand tailtaps, cause that's all i could do at that point(i was 13) while my friend explained the tricks to this radio guy who was all:"wow, this is amazing, i wish our viewers could see this" it was so dumb.

and the money thing is so scummy as well and typical. we also raised funds for space to skate, but they would always insist that it would need to double as something else as well, so when we got an area, they also put a basketball court right on the skate area. and then the money allegedly wouldn't be enough for actual ramps so we had to build everything ourself, of which some obstacles were subsequently destroyed by the city.

wait, aren't you german, too? this all sounds like german smalltown politics to me.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #6940 on: March 18, 2023, 11:25:09 AM »
Come on, just show the pic...

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #6941 on: March 19, 2023, 09:54:44 AM »
getting a rib tat done in a few weeks. designs pretty detailed and the area is straight skin to bone. heard many horror stories of getting work done on that area. for folks with rib work how was ur experience?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #6942 on: March 19, 2023, 02:08:23 PM »
Found a really nice cast iron skillet rusting away in a box of stuff that someone left in their apartment when they moved out. They must have just never cleaned it because there was a thick layer of hard crusty rust and grease on it. Took it to the bathtub and scrubbed it out with scraps of grip but there was still some stuff stuck in the grooves that I couldn't get to and I didn't feel like setting up the sandblaster when it's 20 degrees out so I scrubbed the fuck out of it for like 20 minutes with some steel wool.

Didn't wear gloves and now I'm sitting here feeling like I got stabbed by a hundred tiny needles all over my fingers. I think I'll  use a wire brush like a non-dipshit next time I do something like this.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #6943 on: March 19, 2023, 07:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote
So I'm stoked but...
[close]

damn i'm sorry this happened to you.

omg dude XD this reminds me of something they did back in the day in my hometown. we had the only miniramp in a 30km radius(it fucking sucked, was over 6ft/about 2m high and instead of wood panels it was made of pvc!!! slippery as fuck, basically impossible to not revert...). they sent a radio broadcast team to make a bit out of it. just radio! like no visual XD so i skated the mini, doing rock fakiesand tailtaps, cause that's all i could do at that point(i was 13) while my friend explained the tricks to this radio guy who was all:"wow, this is amazing, i wish our viewers could see this" it was so dumb.

and the money thing is so scummy as well and typical. we also raised funds for space to skate, but they would always insist that it would need to double as something else as well, so when we got an area, they also put a basketball court right on the skate area. and then the money allegedly wouldn't be enough for actual ramps so we had to build everything ourself, of which some obstacles were subsequently destroyed by the city.

wait, aren't you german, too? this all sounds like german smalltown politics to me.
Yea man. German small town business at its best. This whole project was stressful as fuck. It still feels like a miracle that we made it happen. Politics sucks man.
Come on, just show the pic...
Nah man. I just wanna live in peace and forget what I saw
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #6944 on: March 20, 2023, 08:14:31 AM »
getting a rib tat done in a few weeks. designs pretty detailed and the area is straight skin to bone. heard many horror stories of getting work done on that area. for folks with rib work how was ur experience?

It didn't bother me too much. Comparable to the inner biceps area if that means anything to you. Upper calf near the back of the knee was way worse for me.

DERBY

• Rep: 226
« Reply #6945 on: March 22, 2023, 10:10:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It didn't bother me too much. Comparable to the inner biceps area if that means anything to you. Upper calf near the back of the knee was way worse for me.

thanks for sharing! aw shit back of the knee sounds fucked

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #6946 on: March 22, 2023, 11:56:45 AM »
I got a new job. It's like a 30% pay cut from my old job but I'll at least be getting a full 40 hours every week. I'm bummed because I like my current job and the work that I do, it's just that I don't get enough work and I'm on the verge of financial ruin after this wet winter. Oh well. I told myself I'd buy myself a new set-up to make myself feel better.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6947 on: March 22, 2023, 04:01:02 PM »
I got a new job. It's like a 30% pay cut from my old job but I'll at least be getting a full 40 hours every week. I'm bummed because I like my current job and the work that I do, it's just that I don't get enough work and I'm on the verge of financial ruin after this wet winter. Oh well. I told myself I'd buy myself a new set-up to make myself feel better.

i guess congrats? i did something like this with less of a paycut, but then my hours were still cut or our shifts shortened overall because business slowed down over the winter of course, and now i just work the same amount as before, for less money. it fucking sucks. but sincerely hope it works out for you. i'm about to switch jobs again soon because while i'm somewhat stable again, i can't take these fluctuations anymore.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6948 on: March 22, 2023, 10:47:17 PM »
Found a really nice cast iron skillet rusting away in a box of stuff that someone left in their apartment when they moved out. They must have just never cleaned it because there was a thick layer of hard crusty rust and grease on it. Took it to the bathtub and scrubbed it out with scraps of grip but there was still some stuff stuck in the grooves that I couldn't get to and I didn't feel like setting up the sandblaster when it's 20 degrees out so I scrubbed the fuck out of it for like 20 minutes with some steel wool.

Didn't wear gloves and now I'm sitting here feeling like I got stabbed by a hundred tiny needles all over my fingers. I think I'll  use a wire brush like a non-dipshit next time I do something like this.

Vinegar water should help you with stripping it too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #6949 on: March 23, 2023, 04:05:05 PM »
I got a new van 3 days ago, I'm a big fan so far but I get attached to inanimate things and I miss my Toyota Camry. Also I have to take off my Toyota patch in the Thrasher font. It feels like riding a board with another board company sticker on it.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #6950 on: March 24, 2023, 02:01:46 PM »
Recently got promoted and I'm working in an office with 2 older women now. It's been years since I experienced the unique relief of ripping an enormous fart after suppressing it out of politeness for the past 8 hours. I was sitting down and may have briefly levitated.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6951 on: March 24, 2023, 02:47:45 PM »
I got a new van 3 days ago, I'm a big fan so far but I get attached to inanimate things and I miss my Toyota Camry. Also I have to take off my Toyota patch in the Thrasher font. It feels like riding a board with another board company sticker on it.

What did you get? Are you doing the whole van life thing?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #6952 on: March 24, 2023, 04:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What did you get? Are you doing the whole van life thing?

A Nissan NV200 S, it doesn't have a rear window or a back up camera so that's going to take a minute to get used to. If someones into the van life thing that's cool just not for me. I buy and sell a lot of larger items so it's just easier to get a larger vehicle that also doubles as a work van.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #6953 on: March 28, 2023, 08:00:34 PM »
With the ex taking the living room, the new state of it is the classic man cave - nothing but a big ass TV and a single chair in front of it.   

But it's fuckin nice and I'm hyped for the next chapter. I need to find an absolutely ridiculous rug for as cheap as possible to fill things up a bit and then I'm set. Don't think I'll take the tree down til I move out either

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 08:33:47 PM by matt_2993 »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #6954 on: March 28, 2023, 10:46:44 PM »
After a year of working at the absolute worst company, I landed a job at a place I think I’ll stay at for a long while to come. Very fucking stoked.

What I’m not stoked on is I’m traveling for work with 40+ people and have to contain this good news, and pretend I have integrity for this hell hole until I get home

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6955 on: March 29, 2023, 01:27:12 PM »
Kinda broke my ass doing dumb shit. i found out i can no comply up the ledge and land in suski mad easily. so i busted out the camera. first go my nose got hung up a little and the board wasn't there to step on. I cant stop thinking about it. Im crazy good at no complys up shit so it makes sense but is it even cool? when you land in a grind you cant go far because the momentum is gone from hitting the wheels on the ledge.
i just been trying shit i never tried before. Maybe its not worth the pain even if you like big spin out.

im stoked of the reaction my fall got from passerby's. i didnt notice till i looked at the footage. thats kinda cool.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6956 on: March 31, 2023, 07:25:35 AM »
I have a show coming up with the Murder Junkies. Before soft white underbelly I was good with it but now I'm worried.

This could translate into a huge crowd of posers at the show.

(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #6957 on: April 01, 2023, 04:29:15 PM »
Driving an 8.5' U Haul from Minneapolis to Los Angeles was absolutely fuckin insane.  5 hours in the Colorado rockies with white out snow conditions 10,000 ft up.  Pictured my death about 50 different times.  That was the start of yesterday and then continued to haul ass through the entirety of Utah. I thought Utah was gonna be chill but it was probably even crazier hills than Colorado but at least dry roads.  Drove a total of about 18 hours yesterday and ended the night in Vegas with a night at the Bellagio and had a bomb ass time for a few hours. Slept 4 hours and finished up the drive into LA just now.  That drive definitely has me feeling traumatized but at the same time was one of the funnest experiences ever

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #6958 on: April 01, 2023, 05:08:19 PM »

It wasn't better or worse than anywhere else honestly.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #6959 on: April 01, 2023, 05:11:34 PM »
I'm this close to 360 flips. Literally an inch or two from both feet on. Which also means I'm this far away from landing them still. I've never had a trick creep up so incrementally, but I know when I land it finally it'll be clean.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy