Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576119 times)

aaronagis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #19890 on: July 07, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »

where did you find that colorway?! Is it a shop exclusive? I haven't even seen that one in the Emerica catalog. 

I've got these, almost the same, but I really like that classic, black colorway with a little gold.

at first I really didn't like these, mostly the thick-looking appearance of the sole, but the way they skate is incredible. Really nice Impact protection, but very good board-feel. They stay comfortable all day, my feet dont get tired during those long sessions.  I'm most likely going to swoop up a couple more pairs and skate these all summer, haven't skated a shoe that I like so much since the Reynolds 3.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #19891 on: July 07, 2013, 12:35:40 PM »
Id need a nice discount to get those Reynolds, but they felt amazing.

LESBIAN

• Rep: -2
« Reply #19892 on: July 07, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I need to stop skating Busenitz'. My local shop doesn't carry Adidas, and I'd rather buy Lakai or some skate-owned shit from them, but I have like three pairs of Busenitz' on deck that I've ordered because I found them on sale, because they really are the best shoe ever.
[close]

so skate them, who gives a shit, don't let these anti-corpo kooks pressure you into wearing deklines or some shit.
or you could think of it as you're just supporting Busenitz, which is okay on this message board.
[close]

Never understood why people get so concerned about buying from certain brands. If you like a shoe, and skate well in that shoe, who's to say that you shouldnt buy it? Aint like these SLAP niggas bout to run up on you at the skatepark for wearing adidas. fuck them clowns man, do you. lol
[close]

I stopped giving a shit a while ago when I found out how well nike takes care of my local shop. I'm not really in to the shoes, but whatever, it pays their bills.

wha tha fuck are you talking about????????????

HarriSpencer

• Rep: -4
« Reply #19893 on: July 07, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I need to stop skating Busenitz'. My local shop doesn't carry Adidas, and I'd rather buy Lakai or some skate-owned shit from them, but I have like three pairs of Busenitz' on deck that I've ordered because I found them on sale, because they really are the best shoe ever.
[close]

so skate them, who gives a shit, don't let these anti-corpo kooks pressure you into wearing deklines or some shit.
or you could think of it as you're just supporting Busenitz, which is okay on this message board.
[close]

Never understood why people get so concerned about buying from certain brands. If you like a shoe, and skate well in that shoe, who's to say that you shouldnt buy it? Aint like these SLAP niggas bout to run up on you at the skatepark for wearing adidas. fuck them clowns man, do you. lol
[close]

I stopped giving a shit a while ago when I found out how well nike takes care of my local shop. I'm not really in to the shoes, but whatever, it pays their bills.
[close]

Thats true. I mean if a shop doesnt sell nikes or adidas theyre probably not gonna last just based off of pure profit nike and adidas could bring to that shop. I mean try to find a shop that doesnt sell corporate brands nowadays, very few are still left. But in my ind I see it as supporting a pro I like by buying their shoe, regardless of what corporation produces that shoe. If janoski or busenitz get hella rich because they produced a good looking popular shoe more power to them cause theyre amazing skaters who deserve it. 

dbvx

• Rep: -4
« Reply #19894 on: July 07, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

where did you find that colorway?! Is it a shop exclusive? I haven't even seen that one in the Emerica catalog. 

I've got these, almost the same, but I really like that classic, black colorway with a little gold.

got them from tactics. the image wasnt available when i was looking at them. all it said was blk/wht/gold so assumed it was like the mid.

water

• southbound pachyderm
« Reply #19895 on: July 07, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »

jus copped these for $53

got this
 too. im excited to try huf shoes for the first time, I got a half size down because I hear they fit big is this true?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:49:24 PM by water »

LESBIAN

« Reply #19896 on: July 08, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

where did you find that colorway?! Is it a shop exclusive? I haven't even seen that one in the Emerica catalog.? 

[close]

got them from tactics. the image wasnt available when i was looking at them. all it said was blk/wht/gold so assumed it was like the mid.

THOSE SHOES LOOK LIKE SHIT

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #19897 on: July 08, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

where did you find that colorway?! Is it a shop exclusive? I haven't even seen that one in the Emerica catalog.? 

[close]

[close]

i have to agree, if those came out in red, straight up clown shoes
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #19898 on: July 08, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

damn you guys must know some pretty cool clowns  ???

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19899 on: July 09, 2013, 11:18:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
damn you guys must know some pretty cool clowns  ???
Only the best.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Will Easley

« Reply #19900 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
damn you guys must know some pretty cool clowns  ???

the sole on the reynolds LOOKS pretty thick but its not like your foot is sitting right on top of that. its moreso in the middle, the sidewalls are just tall on the outside of the shoe. it just looks more pronounced on the low-top version. I dont skate lows but i back the fuck out of the mids (my current go-to shoe) so im sure these will skate great.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #19901 on: July 10, 2013, 09:02:11 AM »

Thought I'd relive my high school but not really feeling these, if anyone wants them.10.5

coneklr

« Reply #19902 on: July 10, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
Has anyone fucked with the Chima's yet?  I was looking around and didn't see any mention of anyone skating them yet and although I wanted some opinions first, I just said fuck it and ordered them.  Just curious on thoughts.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19903 on: July 10, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
Has anyone fucked with the Chima's yet?  I was looking around and didn't see any mention of anyone skating them yet and although I wanted some opinions first, I just said fuck it and ordered them.  Just curious on thoughts.

I have a pair, but only wear them around. But the canvas on it is supposed to be tougher than normal canvas.

They had this deconstructed pair of the shoe and it showed the thick canvas, but very light shoe.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

coneklr

« Reply #19904 on: July 10, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a pair, but only wear them around. But the canvas on it is supposed to be tougher than normal canvas.

They had this deconstructed pair of the shoe and it showed the thick canvas, but very light shoe.

Thanks Tate!  I'll hopefully have them in soon and I'll provide feedback for anyone who's interested in how they skate.  I figured I'd try something other than Busenitz for a minute

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #19905 on: July 10, 2013, 01:45:33 PM »
got some busenitz vulc's.
i normally wear a 9.5 in vulcs. had to get a 10.5
and regardless of the crap insole. they are somehow comfortable. and i am liking them bunches!

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19906 on: July 10, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
Anyone cares to tell me how the Lakai Howard fits? and do they look better in real life cause they look bad in those pictures of the shoe without anyone wearing it.

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #19907 on: July 10, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks Tate!  I'll hopefully have them in soon and I'll provide feedback for anyone who's interested in how they skate.  I figured I'd try something other than Busenitz for a minute

I ordered them too, but they were backordered. Hoping to get them in real soon. I've never been that in to Vans, but I'm pretty hyped on the Chimas.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #19908 on: July 10, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
Me likey

"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #19909 on: July 10, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
Anyone actually skating the Adidas Gonz have any opinions on how the tread is lasting?

Skating the lace up ones right now and they're wearing down a little bit after two weeks. Not bad enough to bother me though.

dillanharp

« Reply #19910 on: July 10, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What the fuck are you talking about?

peewee

« Reply #19911 on: July 10, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »
Anyone cares to tell me how the Lakai Howard fits? and do they look better in real life cause they look bad in those pictures of the shoe without anyone wearing it.

just got these a week ago and man the fit is pretty tight, it hurt at first, i've heard janoskis have a similar fit, like you have to stretch them out first

but i started skating them and they are feeling better.  They look better in person i'd say, and maybe get a half size up

i wear the Marc in 7.5 and with the howards got an 8

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #19912 on: July 10, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just got these a week ago and man the fit is pretty tight, it hurt at first, i've heard janoskis have a similar fit, like you have to stretch them out first

but i started skating them and they are feeling better.?  They look better in person i'd say, and maybe get a half size up

theyre definitely a tight fit at first but loosen up to a comfortable secure fit within a couple sessions. i went with my normal size

plod

« Reply #19913 on: July 11, 2013, 03:49:09 AM »

jus copped these for $53

got this
 too. im excited to try huf shoes for the first time, I got a half size down because I hear they fit big is this true?

My huff slip ons were too sml in my vans size (11)

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #19914 on: July 11, 2013, 09:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

but i started skating them and they are feeling better.?  They look better in person i'd say, and maybe get a half size up

[close]

theyre definitely a tight fit at first but loosen up to a comfortable secure fit within a couple sessions. i went with my normal size
I think we are on the same boat chillout, my howard's were very tight at first so I played some ball without the laces in to break them in. then laced them up and pushed around a little. they were fine the second day. they look proper on foot, they even look good with low low socks and shorts, that what I've been rock'n in this heat wave. Hears a pic on foot from a website called lakai.com ever hear of it ThugWaffle?

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #19915 on: July 11, 2013, 10:21:28 AM »

I love this shoe

The grey ones

aaronagis

« Reply #19916 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

first pair of fallens, picked them up for $40 bucks and I'm pretty suprised. They skate great, feel great. Never had red shoes either. But im not hating them. Very thin vans like vulc sole, but with a decent insole. suede feels like its of good quality. Fallen ain't to shabby I spose'.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #19917 on: July 11, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »

are you this guy?

Theeogbiing

• Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #19918 on: July 11, 2013, 02:29:31 PM »

first pair of fallens, picked them up for $40 bucks and I'm pretty suprised. They skate great, feel great. Never had red shoes either. But im not hating them. Very thin vans like vulc sole, but with a decent insole. suede feels like its of good quality. Fallen ain't to shabby I spose'.

Ive got the same shoe, and they were pretty much beat after the first session, with vans like sole, comes vans like durability...

But during that first and only session they were super good to shred in, chiller steeze now.
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #19919 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I think we are on the same boat chillout, my howard's were very tight at first so I played some ball without the laces in to break them in. then laced them up and pushed around a little. they were fine the second day. they look proper on foot, they even look good with low low socks and shorts, that what I've been rock'n in this heat wave. Hears a pic on foot from a website called lakai.com ever hear of it ThugWaffle?

The Howard low is such a nice shoe, Rick and Co. absolutely killed it on all levels imaginable with it. I am really hyped for the Howard Mid dropping this month.