Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4576276 times)

arthurspooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #20250 on: August 25, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »
They are girls shoes from Target, but they look just like Vans and are only $12.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20251 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:04 PM »

Actually a really good shoe to skate in.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20252 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »

Yup, they do skate good. Those, the Centrics and Cole's are one of the good recent DC's to come out.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Dole

• Rep: 3
« Reply #20253 on: August 26, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yup, they do skate good. Those, the Centrics and Cole's are one of the good recent DC's to come out.

Those are good shoes to skate and i think there's enough boardfeel and impact protection but i was kinda bummed how fast the suede rips. Good shoes overall though.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
« Reply #20254 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »

...for skating rather than biking.

so good.  only complaint is I wish the logo was heat transferred on (i.e. koston2 swoosh or ADV 3 stripe) rather than sewn and recessed...that stitching is the one weakness.
hardly art, hardly starving

GY

« Reply #20255 on: August 26, 2013, 11:31:43 AM »
Was thinking on getting some of the Emerica Flick's on sale, any heads up on these? Last Emericas I had were G Codes and they came up a little short but not too much

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #20256 on: August 26, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
Was thinking on getting some of the Emerica Flick's on sale, any heads up on these? Last Emericas I had were G Codes and they came up a little short but not too much

I don't like the soles Emerica uses for those, the Laced, or Hsu 2's.  Its always been too stiff for me, the only trick I can seem to do in those shoes is 360 flips.  I probably won't ever buy shoes with that similar stiff sole again
For Your Health

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #20257 on: August 26, 2013, 12:52:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't like the soles Emerica uses for those, the Laced, or Hsu 2's.  Its always been too stiff for me, the only trick I can seem to do in those shoes is 360 flips.  I probably won't ever buy shoes with that similar stiff sole again

The sole is a little different but I think its fine. The insole is super thin though and the shoe is too low to put in a thicker one, otherwise I'd skate this shoe all the time

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #20258 on: August 26, 2013, 01:20:13 PM »

I just skate those, and I'd recommend them especially, if you have wider feet
also the sole is pretty great, it's holding up for me

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #20259 on: August 26, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »

The flicks are good. They last awhile and I liked the insole (I usually skate Vans), the only thing is the tread pattern isnt that deep so it wears out. They're worth a try

GY

« Reply #20260 on: August 26, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The flicks are good. They last awhile and I liked the insole (I usually skate Vans), the only thing is the tread pattern isnt that deep so it wears out. They're worth a try

nice thanks, how was the sizing? Sole Tech are pretty inconsistent for me, eS come up a lil big, opposite with etnies

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #20261 on: August 26, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »
Vincent Alvarez
I've skated these shoes a lot over the last 5 weeks, and they are holding up unbelievably well. No ollie hole yet and I don't think there will be anytime soon, also there's a second layer of gum underneath the original white gum that gives the shoe extra life and a good flick even after this long of skating. Still on the first set of laces, and I've been relearning heelflips and varial heels on fresh mob with almost no wear on the side of the shoe. I'll probably keep skating these for a few weeks, best (definitely longest lasting) shoes I've had in a long time. And as you can see the grip on the bottom is still brand new.

Buy this shoe!
damn those yarys bout those squats

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #20262 on: August 26, 2013, 07:22:36 PM »
Vincent Alvarez
And as you can see the grip on the bottom is still brand new.

Buy this shoe!
How is the possible?  :o I am very impressed those shoes look great, might have to go back to vulcs instead of XLK

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #20263 on: August 27, 2013, 05:38:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Those are good shoes to skate and i think there's enough boardfeel and impact protection but i was kinda bummed how fast the suede rips. Good shoes overall though.

I skated the Coles and I'm on a pair of Centrics now. Both have been great for skating. May get these too, if I see them cheap.

I'm surprised DC doesn't get more love.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #20264 on: August 27, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
Vincent Alvarez
Buy this shoe!

Totally.  I am blown away by how comfortable mine are and how well they skate.  I hated on vulcs for years because of how bad they hurt my feet but these are so nice.

I skated the Coles and I'm on a pair of Centrics now. Both have been great for skating. May get these too, if I see them cheap.

I'm surprised DC doesn't get more love.

My last 2 pairs were DC Frenzy's that I got on sale and I was really tempted to get some Centrics but the bottom of DC's seem to get slick really quick on me.  I think its because I skate rough surfaces but usually the sole gets icy before the side holes fully develop.

nylin

« Reply #20265 on: August 27, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »
Vincent Alvarez
I've skated these shoes a lot over the last 5 weeks, and they are holding up unbelievably well. No ollie hole yet and I don't think there will be anytime soon, also there's a second layer of gum underneath the original white gum that gives the shoe extra life and a good flick even after this long of skating. Still on the first set of laces, and I've been relearning heelflips and varial heels on fresh mob with almost no wear on the side of the shoe. I'll probably keep skating these for a few weeks, best (definitely longest lasting) shoes I've had in a long time. And as you can see the grip on the bottom is still brand new.

Buy this shoe!

Can't wait to skate this shoe.

zipzopzoobtybop.

• Rep: -1
« Reply #20266 on: August 27, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »
Bought the new Kenny Anderson's for 75 dollars. I went into the shop hoping to get the G6's but they were 110 dollars, and I don't want to pay that much for shoes that'll get destroyed  But I like these a lot so far.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #20267 on: August 28, 2013, 05:05:45 AM »
Bought the new Kenny Anderson's for 75 dollars. I went into the shop hoping to get the G6's but they were 110 dollars, and I don't want to pay that much for shoes that'll get destroyed  But I like these a lot so far.

what? 110 for G6? are them some gold edition?!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #20268 on: August 28, 2013, 05:28:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Vincent Alvarez
And as you can see the grip on the bottom is still brand new.

Buy this shoe!
[close]
How is the possible?  :o I am very impressed those shoes look great, might have to go back to vulcs instead of XLK

Does anybody understands the difference between the SWS (shoe we skate) sole that you can find on the Lakai Marc and the Select (vulc) sole from the Vincent?
It appears that they updated the Lakai Marc and that it no longer uses the SWS sole and uses the Select sole instead.

zipzopzoobtybop.

• Rep: -1
« Reply #20269 on: August 28, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have no idea why they're so much. It might be because they're the only place around me that sells them. I find that in Canada skate shoes, decks, and wheels are over priced. Idk if it's just me but compared to the prices in the states there's a decently big difference.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #20270 on: August 28, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I have no idea why they're so much. It might be because they're the only place around me that sells them. I find that in Canada skate shoes, decks, and wheels are over priced. Idk if it's just me but compared to the prices in the states there's a decently big difference.

Joey.paone

• Rep: -9
« Reply #20271 on: August 28, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »
new balance quincy, i originaly wanted the stratford but they only had that ugly ass yellow and red mcdonalds colorway.... but yeah i guess bring on the hate.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #20272 on: August 28, 2013, 03:40:14 PM »
I really like the way those look.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #20273 on: August 28, 2013, 04:16:36 PM »
The N's are huge
For Your Health

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20274 on: August 28, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got my G6's for $69.95 online (The Navy 4:20 limited edition colorway) with free shipping. They're still up on Ebay (now for $59.99) in limited sizes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360708679440

I've been skating in these about 5 hours a week for the last month in a half and I'm really happy with the quality. The suede and soles are holding up really well. They're also really light and felt really good pretty much right out of the box.

The only problem that I have with them is that I was expecting a lot more from the insole protection wise...I've hurt my feet a lot since I've had these shoes, the worst being a gnarly heel bruise that I can't seem to get rid of (it's been about 5 weeks and it's still haunting me.) The fact that I'm on my feet moving around non stop for 8-9 hours a day at work doesn't help either. It just seems like they made such a big deal out of the padding and the insole and how they would protect your feet when you were jumping down shit, and for me they came up short in that aspect. Or maybe I just suck at skating and I should land tricks more instead of jamming my feet into the ground...

The good outweighs the bad and I'd definitely get another pair if I find a good deal. I'd like to try the Reynolds shoes too although I was left disappointed by the Reynolds 3 due to the quality and how quickly they wore out.

Will Easley

« Reply #20275 on: August 28, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I got my G6's for $69.95 online (The Navy 4:20 limited edition colorway) with free shipping. They're still up on Ebay (now for $59.99) in limited sizes.

I've been skating in these about 5 hours a week for the last month in a half and I'm really happy with the quality. The suede and soles are holding up really well. They're also really light and felt really good pretty much right out of the box.

The only problem that I have with them is that I was expecting a lot more from the insole protection wise...I've hurt my feet a lot since I've had these shoes, the worst being a gnarly heel bruise that I can't seem to get rid of (it's been about 5 weeks and it's still haunting me.) The fact that I'm on my feet moving around non stop for 8-9 hours a day at work doesn't help either. It just seems like they made such a big deal out of the padding and the insole and how they would protect your feet when you were jumping down shit, and for me they came up short in that aspect. Or maybe I just suck at skating and I should land tricks more instead of jamming my feet into the ground...

The good outweighs the bad and I'd definitely get another pair if I find a good deal. I'd like to try the Reynolds shoes too although I was left disappointed by the Reynolds 3 due to the quality and how quickly they wore out.

the new reynolds are wayyyy better than the reynolds 3s. man i remember like a year ago I picked them up out of the bargain bin at my skateshop just because i needed some new shoes ASAP, and those shits were straight trash. skated them twice and just said fuck it & spent my next paycheck on something else. they new reynolds are totally different. thicker, higher-quality suede, better soles, and obviously much more support.

TheKraken

• Rep: -19
« Reply #20276 on: August 28, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #20277 on: August 29, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »
Just bought these online in an 11 because they were on sale and they're too big. If anyone has some in a 10.5 I'll trade.

foureyedjim

« Reply #20278 on: August 29, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

the new reynolds are wayyyy better than the reynolds 3s. man i remember like a year ago I picked them up out of the bargain bin at my skateshop just because i needed some new shoes ASAP, and those shits were straight trash. skated them twice and just said fuck it & spent my next paycheck on something else. they new reynolds are totally different. thicker, higher-quality suede, better soles, and obviously much more support.

They're good shoes if the fit is to your preference.  Good material, insole is great.
They're a little big at the toe and the overall shoe is too thick for my preference though.  I don't feel like I'm in control of my board honestly.
I'm skating these now since they were cheap, but the sole is definitely not very good haha
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:58:00 PM by foureyedjim »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
« Reply #20279 on: August 30, 2013, 06:56:45 AM »

roating between these (lunarlon version) and the KA-II.  both shoes are awesome, and to be honest, the KA-II doesnt feel any less grippy or have any less boardfeel than the vulc.  the KA-II does have the attached tongue and is a bit more comfortable overall.  we'll see if either lasts longer than the other. 
hardly art, hardly starving