Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4540876 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #30300 on: February 08, 2020, 03:18:46 AM »
Posted this in another thread but didn't get many responses. Have been wearing Straye for the past year and honestly they're really killing my feet. I know I deserve it for going with them but anyway was looking to get ES Accel ogs orpossibly the slims. Planning on going down to my local this weekend and trying them both but wanted to know what you thought are better?

IF you plan on getting the accel slims- superglue the seam on the toes right away, this will make the shoe last way longer, also personally for me the sole was way too thin towards the toes. with some footprint gamechangers i realyl enjoyed them though.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #30301 on: February 08, 2020, 06:37:23 AM »
I feel like I could have gone down half a size.
Very happy a friend told me about these being on sale so I got them for $75 instead of the retail $150.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:59:40 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #30302 on: February 08, 2020, 11:11:55 AM »
Thanks for all the replies pals, will def be trying a couple different shoes when I hit the shop today.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30303 on: February 08, 2020, 06:45:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Posted this in another thread but didn't get many responses. Have been wearing Straye for the past year and honestly they're really killing my feet. I know I deserve it for going with them but anyway was looking to get ES Accel ogs orpossibly the slims. Planning on going down to my local this weekend and trying them both but wanted to know what you thought are better?
[close]
Might wanna try the etnies marana. It’s really an underrated cup and outperforms the Accels in terms of durability. Insole is nothing like the great sole tech soles from way back but it’s still a great shoe.

I nearly bought a pair of Maranas when they first came out but opted for something else. The Marana was clearly a really decent shoe and I figured I’d buy some eventually. They’ve stayed in the Etnies catalogue for something like 5 years at this point but I haven’t seen one on a shelf since that day.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #30304 on: February 08, 2020, 06:58:59 PM »

Funny you say that. I thought that when I was 10 and had the originals. If I was wise and had patience I would have put them on ice for later when I grew into them. I had the grey colorway with green accents. So dope
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #30305 on: February 09, 2020, 04:57:34 PM »
man I really want a pair of bred 1's
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #30306 on: February 09, 2020, 07:46:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Funny you say that. I thought that when I was 10 and had the originals. If I was wise and had patience I would have put them on ice for later when I grew into them. I had the grey colorway with green accents. So dope

Has anyone in the history Kalis 1s laced it not through the loops?

TheHolyLamb

• Rep: -1
« Reply #30307 on: February 10, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »
Black on white Vans Slip-On pros

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #30308 on: February 11, 2020, 04:42:46 AM »

Pulled out my 09' retro AJ1s for the fuck of it. They were just chillers. Been through hell and back. The soles are worn super smooth, so I don't wear them much anymore, but I am today. Way too damn slippery.

So dope, please don't let them die on some closet...

Send em to govrnwear.com to get re-soled with some AJ1 soles, cream em up and enjoy for another 10+ years. They'd probably look cool with that vintage look shattered backboard 3.0 sole too!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #30309 on: February 11, 2020, 05:11:38 AM »
Agreed about the 1’s. Leather wipes or mink oil conditioner or something for just some leather maintenance. Can’t let em die.

Black on white Vans Slip-On pros
pic? Been curious about this color combo as well as the new spanky’s coming w white upper

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #30310 on: February 11, 2020, 05:12:55 AM »
After three pairs of the Lopez Pros in a row I wanted a change of scenery. They feel pretty similar, albeit a bit more snug and different grip. Excited to try them out.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30311 on: February 11, 2020, 06:19:00 AM »
After three pairs of the Lopez Pros in a row I wanted a change of scenery. They feel pretty similar, albeit a bit more snug and different grip. Excited to try them out.
Look good. The LL Pro's are nice, I like my pair. Posted in sale thread but additional 25% off sale cons. Those checkpoints are $35 shipped with a FSR.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #30312 on: February 11, 2020, 06:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Look good. The LL Pro's are nice, I like my pair. Posted in sale thread but additional 25% off sale cons. Those checkpoints are $35 shipped with a FSR.

Damn, wish I went there first! Their site is kind of a pain to navigate but I see my same size and color and they're certainly cheaper than I paid.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30313 on: February 11, 2020, 02:37:51 PM »
Globe Sabre that was bought for me from a used skate shoe collector (the shoe were sent brand new for me to wear until they are nicely used)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:50:12 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #30314 on: February 11, 2020, 02:53:36 PM »
Globe Sabre that was bought for me from a used skate shoe collector sticky shoe fetishist (the shoe were sent brand new for me to wear until they are nicely used)

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #30315 on: February 11, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
does knowing someone is gonna jizz in those shoes after your done with em make you skate better or worse

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30316 on: February 11, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »
does knowing someone is gonna jizz in those shoes after your done with em make you skate better or worse
Better 100%
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #30317 on: February 12, 2020, 12:58:39 AM »
Started skating a new pair of NB 440's that have been collecting dust in my closet for about a year. They're really comfortable to walk around in; however, I don't know if it's the shape or the roomy toe box or what, but skating them, any time I pivot my foot into position or flick, my little toe gets jammed in to the side of the shoe. Tried tightening the laces, same thing.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30318 on: February 12, 2020, 08:27:46 AM »
Started skating a new pair of NB 440's that have been collecting dust in my closet for about a year. They're really comfortable to walk around in; however, I don't know if it's the shape or the roomy toe box or what, but skating them, any time I pivot my foot into position or flick, my little toe gets jammed in to the side of the shoe. Tried tightening the laces, same thing.
what size?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30319 on: February 12, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »

The quality on this pair was really nice.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30320 on: February 12, 2020, 09:32:00 AM »

So good

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30321 on: February 12, 2020, 10:20:44 AM »
I sold my pair (pairs..) of obsidian 1’s when downsizing shit. Thought the cut wasn’t a true OG high almost like a upper-mid and the leather varied a bunch. One of the pairs had way too tumbled ballsack leather. But the color combo is nice and still a solid pair.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #30322 on: February 12, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what size?
10.5, green and yellow ones. Worn a day, if anyone wants them, $40 shipped (It's $20 to ship a shoe box priority).

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30323 on: February 12, 2020, 10:45:00 AM »
I sold my pair (pairs..) of obsidian 1’s when downsizing shit. Thought the cut wasn’t a true OG high almost like a upper-mid and the leather varied a bunch. One of the pairs had way too tumbled ballsack leather. But the color combo is nice and still a solid pair.

I noticed quite a bit of difference between pairs. I lucked out on my pair. The leather is really soft which makes for a very comfortable wear and they crease up elegantly.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #30324 on: February 12, 2020, 04:19:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So good

Beautiful

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #30325 on: February 12, 2020, 05:33:35 PM »
Well fuck it Jordan 1 🤡 back to back

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #30326 on: February 12, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »
I was on a Container ship last month, did my first China Run. We left Honolulu on Christmas, went to Guam, then Okinawa, and two ports in China. I bought these off the Port agent for $25 (actually a carton of Marlboro Reds) and a fake Supreme LV wallet for $5.00

Anyways, the quality is pretty good. I just showed some guys at the skate shop and they thought they were pretty good quality for being fakes. I’m gonna skate them, so I’m using my FP insoles in them.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 07:58:11 PM by tony volume »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #30327 on: February 12, 2020, 09:10:52 PM »
My first pair of SB Dunks and they're already covered in dog hair..

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #30328 on: February 13, 2020, 12:15:58 AM »
I've just been rocking my Yeezy 500s as of recent, UltraBoost sometimes as well.

I'm gonna try skating my Jordan 4s once the snow melts, doubtful it'll work out but eh.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

smellsdead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1243
« Reply #30329 on: February 13, 2020, 03:22:52 AM »
My first pair of SB Dunks and they're already covered in dog hair..

holy fuck can i sleep over drink surge and play every video game ever?