Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4539208 times)

jdpetitpas and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31290 on: July 30, 2020, 12:12:28 PM »
straight fire by STRAYE
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you really have brain damage.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31291 on: July 30, 2020, 12:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote
straight fire by STRAYE
[close]
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you really have brain damage.
Shill account, don't waste your time.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31292 on: July 30, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »

pops

• Rep: 241
« Reply #31293 on: July 30, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »
I loved my Gil 2s, would like to try the new high version.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #31294 on: July 31, 2020, 09:10:43 AM »

jordan 1 low "shadow"

was the last pair in stock in sz12 and they fit TTS. thought i was a size 13 all these years and i guess im really a 12...better late knowing than never. took today to break em in and will be shoe gooing them before roughing them up, paid $90 plus tax. outsole is pretty slippery when its time to shuffle around but i look as a positive. well until it gets me broke off. knock on deck

I like these a lot

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #31295 on: July 31, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »
I loved my Gil 2s, would like to try the new high version.

Sounds like they aren’t a hi version, but incorporate style elements from the 2

ScarceOne

• Rep: 38
« Reply #31296 on: July 31, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31297 on: July 31, 2020, 10:45:37 AM »

not sure why that imgbb integration compressed it so much - here you go. Those older half cabs?

ScarceOne

« Reply #31298 on: July 31, 2020, 11:10:20 AM »
These are the pro cabs with the Kevlar looking wear area.. they were Indy collab but I ended up rubbing the little Indy logos on the fox tape

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #31299 on: July 31, 2020, 12:52:04 PM »
Saw that Lakai was dropping more colorways of the Carrol so I thought I'd throw mine on today  8)

I like em! First time actually wearing them, though and they feel like they'll skate great! I'm used to Maranas, Joslins, Silos, and Protos lately. I think I may get one of the newer colorways just to skate since these are icy :D

The toe is not as "elf" looking like the Aves can be sometimes. That's another shoe I'm going to skate soon since I got a pair from the Vans Family sale recently!

Super Champion Fun Zone

ProjectKSL

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31300 on: July 31, 2020, 01:06:45 PM »

jordan 1 low "shadow"

was the last pair in stock in sz12 and they fit TTS. thought i was a size 13 all these years and i guess im really a 12...better late knowing than never. took today to break em in and will be shoe gooing them before roughing them up, paid $90 plus tax. outsole is pretty slippery when its time to shuffle around but i look as a positive. well until it gets me broke off. knock on deck
TTS is a relative term in general, just depends how you like your shoes to fit.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #31301 on: July 31, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »

Dc E Tribeka

Just got these today, already skated in em a bit. I like them. I got 1/2 up and it worked out. I will do a little write up in the review thread when I’m done with them. They are quite comfortable. These could easily be someone’s chillers. Design wise they clearly take cues from the Air Max 1 and Air Max 90 but looking down I get classic early 2000’s golden era vibes. Boardfeel wise these probably have less than a dunk but more than say a lynx og. I can’t be too sure yet as they are brand new. The upper is not stiff but is very surprisingly well made. Rip stop in the mid foot, pretty good leather on the vamp, triple stitch suede toe cap. I just love shoes with a whole lot of vertical toe space and these are great in that regard. I know that is the opposite of what a lot of people want so it’s worth mentioning. They do not have a puffy tongue and I’m happy about that for this particular model, it’s already pretty bulky and a puffy tongue would be just way too much. The ankle padding is just right, not too much. I like the height of the ankle cut as well. I doubt they will last long due to how soft the side walls are but that probably also contributes to their comfortability and you can get these on sale for a good price anyway.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:00:31 PM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31302 on: August 01, 2020, 07:38:07 AM »

AF2's
Hopefully they skate like dunks, which apparently the common folk will never have access to again.

ScarceOne

« Reply #31303 on: August 01, 2020, 07:54:37 AM »
I just got a pair of the normal TriBekas and the winterized version and the winter versions tongue is completely connected and it fits like a sock and has 3m lining and it’s hella comfy for a chiller makes them feel more like a AirMax with the 3m liner..

Dc E Tribeka

Just got these today, already skated in em a bit. I like them. I got 1/2 up and it worked out. I will do a little write up in the review thread when I’m done with them. They are quite comfortable. These could easily be someone’s chillers. Design wise they clearly take cues from the Air Max 1 and Air Max 90 but looking down I get classic early 2000’s golden era vibes. Boardfeel wise these probably have less than a dunk but more than say a lynx og. I can’t be too sure yet as they are brand new. The upper is not stiff but is very surprisingly well made. Rip stop in the mid foot, pretty good leather on the vamp, triple stitch suede toe cap. I just love shoes with a whole lot of vertical toe space and these are great in that regard. I know that is the opposite of what a lot of people want so it’s worth mentioning. They do not have a puffy tongue and I’m happy about that for this particular model, it’s already pretty bulky and a puffy tongue would be just way too much. The ankle padding is just right, not too much. I like the height of the ankle cut as well. I doubt they will last long due to how soft the side walls are but that probably also contributes to their comfortability and you can get these on sale for a good price anyway.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #31304 on: August 01, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »

Dc E Tribeka

Great color way
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #31305 on: August 01, 2020, 11:09:28 AM »

AF2's
Hopefully they skate like dunks, which apparently the common folk will never have access to again.

Only gotten to skate one pair of dunks n I loved them, gonna check these out too. Hope they work out for u.
These look sick btw

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31306 on: August 01, 2020, 12:38:44 PM »
Expand Quote

AF2's
[close]

Only gotten to skate one pair of dunks n I loved them, gonna check these out too. Hope they work out for u.
These look sick btw
Thanks man, just wearing them around I can tell you there are a couple hot spots and the fit is smaller than dunks. But maybe once they pack out they will be better. I do love the look of them though.

coneklr

« Reply #31307 on: August 02, 2020, 10:17:53 AM »

After a while without any Busenitz after skating them for years, I decided to try these out.  Haven't skated them yet but so far am really happy with how they fit/feel.  Thanks to the dudes who told me to stay tts.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #31308 on: August 03, 2020, 10:17:17 AM »

After a while without any Busenitz after skating them for years, I decided to try these out.  Haven't skated them yet but so far am really happy with how they fit/feel.  Thanks to the dudes who told me to stay tts.
These are pretty amazing looking.
I wish I could get used to the heel height and slippery tongue of the Busenitz, and at least this updated model might take care of the tongue issue.
If you skate em, let us know!

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31309 on: August 03, 2020, 11:05:53 AM »
So still no tongue centering straps on those? At least the tongue is a normal-shoe length so might help reduce movement regardless

coneklr

« Reply #31310 on: August 03, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »
I’ll let you guys know.  The sole looks to be the same, so I assume if you didn’t like it before that would be the same.  Tongue doesn’t have straps but that hadn’t bothered me so I’m assuming it still won’t even being smaller.  I’ll update after skating though

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #31311 on: August 04, 2020, 08:27:30 AM »
I’ve always liked skating leather and or synthetic leather more than suede. These skated perfect right out of the box.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:18:15 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #31312 on: August 04, 2020, 08:53:13 PM »

GR Dunk Highs in Light Bone/Black. Suede with a nubuck underlay. Still need some breaking-in but looking forward to skating these a little bit when the weather gets cooler

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #31313 on: August 05, 2020, 02:25:02 AM »
First pair of cupsoles in years, I'm a big fan now that I've gotten used to em. Definitely helping with the soreness I usually get in my knees/ankles/back.

Those look nice, have you skated them?

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #31314 on: August 05, 2020, 04:33:23 AM »

My white Fila high tops finally got a hole in them lasted way longer than I thought not mad at those badboys for $9.99. Let's see how these hold up next

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #31315 on: August 05, 2020, 04:41:05 AM »
I tried skating my Reynolds g6 yesterday since everyone loves them so much. They don't work for me at all.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #31316 on: August 05, 2020, 09:12:48 AM »
I tried skating my Reynolds g6 yesterday since everyone loves them so much. They don't work for me at all.

The cupsole?

I felt the same about mine when I threw them into the rotation a few months ago. Coming from a thin pair of States I was mobbing everything and my foot was slipping even on nollies. I've gotten used to them now though and i'm not looking forward to them being gone. They're damn comfortable.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #31317 on: August 05, 2020, 09:20:18 AM »
Reynolds G6s have a break in period for sure. After that they're pretty perfect for a cupsole that skates like a dunk.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #31318 on: August 05, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
These are pretty amazing looking.
I wish I could get used to the heel height and slippery tongue of the Busenitz, and at least this updated model might take care of the tongue issue.
If you skate em, let us know!
The off-white sole looks way better in your photos than the adidas photos.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31319 on: August 05, 2020, 10:25:14 AM »
Reynolds G6s have a break in period for sure. After that they're pretty perfect for a cupsole that skates like a dunk.
toe looks pointy, do they get snug in the toes? TTS? same size as wino g6? might stay on the lookout for a pair before they gone for good good