Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1895880 times)

L33Tg33k and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grind King Rims

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18690 on: September 12, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »
I want to like life but I'm just sick of it. I think I have it hard but thats just cause I keep backing myself further and further into the corner with all the aspects of life, always giving up.

Damn bawtawd, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a hard time. Are you still fucking with those drugs? Even just from reading your posts, you sounded a lot better right before you relapsed in the past week or whatever.

For what it's worth, my life is by no means balanced or perfect, but whenever I get really low, it's the healthy habits that pick me up. The stuff that people always tell you make a difference, there's a reason for it. Trying to eat right, sleep the right amount/hours, exercise what I can and staying social with people outside of drinking/smoking/whatever: these are the things that make me feel better until the next time I slip up. And the more I do these healthy habits and try to concentrate on my projects that I actually want to do, the happier I am.

Maybe you just need a bit of a change in your routine, your friends circle, your comfort zone? What's been going on? Rap with me.

wheelies

« Reply #18691 on: September 12, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »
Yeah I just feel shitty from coming off a little bender and also feel shitty for going on a bender, don't remember anything Saturday to Monday, only 3 days but felt like a year. Fucking woke up with a big lump on my vein and felt super sick, its nothing but had me paranoid and feeling like fuuuuck. This shit they got nowdays is just too fucking heavy.

But Ima go to one of those sober living things next week. I don't really want to be sober but I feel I should. Just change my routine and see if anyone or any words can make a impact on me. Its supposed to be a 2 year thing but I'm thinking fuck that. I have nothing to loose though so fuck it. One of those places where you do free labor for them, lol, I can give it a shot though. Probably gonna smuggle drugs via anus but Ill see how it goes. I cant fully let go, I want to, but I cant, so Ill just try it out and see.

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #18692 on: September 12, 2017, 03:48:48 PM »
Yee what Grind King said, I think the videos you make are pretty sick, like chest of 10,000 Xans and shit, maybe focus on getting back into doing creative stuff like that or music, or even make your own skate video remixes or edits too, and chill on the Research Chems, all the best dude

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #18693 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »
Just because you get sober doesn't mean your life is gonna get better. It's still going to suck but it's going to suck a lot less, then in another month it's going to keep getting less suckish. People in the program always say just take one day at a time which is true you should but look at the big picture also. No more waking up like you got beaten with phone books the night before, you earn trust back from family and friends, free coffee at meetings, meet new people who aren't as big of a piece of shit like yourself (this includes me as well for being a piece of shit) and actually care about your well-being. I'm about to be 2 years sober in November and I can honestly tell you I don't miss that shit. After my first month of just getting decent sleep and losing weight, I didn't miss drinking then

Might as well work that program you are going to. What would be the worst thing that happens if you tried?

If you fail like we all do from time to time, do it again till it sticks   

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18694 on: September 12, 2017, 06:38:22 PM »
Don't bother going to that sober living place if you don't actually intend on getting sober. There are people there who are really trying and when someone comes in not giving a fuck, it triggers them to not give a fuck and relapse. The longer they make it in there, the better chance they have when they get out. There are also people there dedicating their time to try to help people do something better with their lives. Don't waste their time.

And I don't mean this in a mean way, but you're an addict dude. Addicts can get sober and stay sober, but not if they half ass it. You'll never get sober and your life won't start to get better until you can say you're 100% ready to give up drugs. As long as you're holding on to that thought of someday using again, you will.

I hope you can do it, man. I know how life for addicts can be a miserable one and nobody deserves to be trapped in that misery.

wheelies

« Reply #18695 on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:56 PM »
Yeah, I get that jb but I just don't really know what else to do.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18696 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
Yeah, I get that jb but I just don't really know what else to do.

You gotta figure out what will work for you.

My suggestion would be to go to the sober living and give it a serious shot. Get involved with the program and find a job within it that you like doing and gives you a sense of pride. Could be cooking, could be landscaping, could be fixing things, whatever you can to keep yourself busy and responsible. In your spare time, work on something that your into, or want to learn. Maybe play music, make art, read philosophy, skate if the allow it, lift weights, ect. Make sure you eat healthy and get enough exercise.

I know a few people who have done really well in those kinds of places and it seems like getting a routine with structure and responsibilities along with some personal goals and hobbies really help.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #18697 on: September 12, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »
You might not even realize that you want to be sober, until after you have a period of sobriety.

Definitely give it a legitimate attempt at least. JB is giving some solid advice.

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18698 on: September 12, 2017, 11:31:47 PM »
I know other people have a lot of stuff going on in this thread and I'm not trying to take away from any of that or be selfish by any means, but I've actually been going through some stuff for about a month and I really don't know where else to turn or what to do. I'll start by saying I have an appointment to get started with grief counseling already set up, but due to everything that's been happening and the wait time it takes to get into the counseling center, I still have to wait another week. For me what is going on is incredibly personal and even though others have posted many personal things here, I have not wanted to post about these things due to how much they mean to me... But I'll get started and I'm sorry if this is long or makes anyone bummed... I'll try to explain as best I can and maybe someone can have something decent to say. I could use hearing something good. Thank you if you read or reply.

At the beginning of August my 16 year old cat that I raised since he was a baby and I absolutely loved with all my heart passed away. He started to get sick in July and I did literally everything that I could to help him. To me he was my child. I'll skip the details about him being sick and all the time I spent on my hands and knees giving him medicine and feeding him chopped up liquid wet food for a month, because it's all pretty depressing and I don't want to put that kind of stuff in anyone's head.

Some back story that is important to all of this, is that my girlfriend of 6 years that I lived with 5 years and I couldn't have children. We raised our 2 cats as our kids, as I'm sure many other couples that cannot have children do. We loved them both very much and our home was a very happy one. She helped to raise my cat for 6 years. She helped many times when he would get sick. She loved him and he loved her. I helped to raise her kitty that she brought when she moved in. Her kitty was only about 1 year to 1 and half years old when we started dating, so he's basically my baby too...

After a month of being sick my kitty had to be taken to the emergency animal hospital 50 miles away at 1am. It was his last night in physical form.

The loss was and is an unbearable one for me. Our bond was absolutely true. Many things in my life have not been easy for me. He was always there though. I always put him first for 16 years. When I drank years ago and didn't even take great care of myself, he still always came first. He always had the best food, toys, playtime, doctor visit, attention, anything he ever needed. He was my number one.

I met my girlfriend 6 years ago in August and we fell very in love. We both had cats. We were both kind of weirdos. We both worked. Found out we had been living less than 3 blocks away from each other for over a year and then we finally met randomly at the gas station. She didn't drink a lot and I was a rock bottom drinker at the time we met. I mean morning, afternoon, and night drunk. I am ashamed to admit that about myself, I think I've mentioned it in the old dude thread years ago though. After about 2 months of dating, her and I quit drinking completely. Typing those words make me miss her. I had to take my glasses off to actually tear...

She moved into my place after less than a year of dating. I supported her rent free for 5 years so she could work and pay off student loans. She bought the groceries and cooked. I paid for everything else. Every major household repair anything we needed, I got us. Never asked for anything.

We lived together for 5 years building our home and lives together raising our little furry dudes. Barely any fights. Both sober. No abuse. No cheating. No lies.

The week after my cat passed away was pretty rough for me. I took my vacation time from work and went skating a few times real early in the morning by myself to just get clear in the head. We made an appointment with my tattoo artist to get a little something to remember our boy. My grief was pretty bad. She seemed to not be very effected by the loss and extra focused on her job. Kinda odd to me. She loved my cat and he loved her and for every 3 pictures of him, there is one of her and him. Don't really know why she's not really feeling the loss. Still don't know what's going on with her.

One week and 3 days after my cat passed, her and I had a verbal fight on a Sunday morning. Basically I'm kind of questioning why she's not really very bummed, now remember her and I cannot have children the cats are our kids... We kind of both say a bunch of shitty stuff and she's just going on and on about her job and how important it is to focus on work. Her job is good, but far from what she makes it out to be. I've always supported her with every work decision she's had to make. Even if it meant less time for us, I never told her not to do something. She leaves for a few hours to go to her Dad's so we can both cool off. Her Dad, who never paid for anything for us in 6 years together 5 years living together. I took care of her. Something goes wrong with her car, our home, or at work, or she needs $10 for lunch or gas, needs shoes, the cat's always have food, toys, doctor visits, I take care of it. She comes home from her Dad's. Everything is good. We chill, talk, eat, watch Suits, have desert. Seems pretty good.

One week and 4 days after my cat passed away. Monday morning. We wake up it's the first day that I really felt like I could start to move on with my grief. My mom and girlfriend both told me I was the best cat daddy and did absolutely everything a human could do to help him... If the 2 most important women in my life are telling me this, it must be true. My girlfriend kissed me goodbye and left for work. We were joking about our kitty that's still alive eating all the birthday cake she made for her co-worker and was taking to work that day. He didn't really eat the cake. While she's at work I do the laundry, take care of our other cat, and clean. I called my physician that day to make an appointment to get the ball rolling on seeing a therapist for grief counseling. I am so excited to talk to my girlfriend when she calls me on her way home from work like she does everyday. I wanted to tell her how I was feeling positive about things and even made and appointment with my doctor about getting some help to deal with my grief.

She calls after work. 5 minute phone call. She says she's never coming home and we are done. She says we have grown apart and want different things. She says I can keep her cat because she doesn't want me to not have anything. A couple nights later I get a string of very generic texts from her explaining everything. It literally sounds like she asked Siri what to type. She won't answer any calls. I text her my whole heart and tell her that as long as we stick together like we always have since we met, that things are gonna be ok. A day later I get one 25 minute phone call so she can say that she's read my texts and it's still over. The next week or so I get some texts here and there about when she can get her stuff. And that's pretty much how it is.

6 years together. I never hit her. Not even on the Sunday that we had our only really bad fight, so please do not say that I had to have hit her or anything like that for her to act this way. I never cheated. I never, not even once lied to her about anything. We literally always had fun and were happy. She never paid rent in 5 years. I supported many things she wanted to do or liked to do, even if I had zero interest in them. I always gave her positive advice and there have been many times she has needed it. I absolutely loved her. After all of that. I got one 5 minute phone call, some very odd texts, one 25 minute phone call, and a few texts so she can pick up her things.

The overall summary of her explanations is that she loves her job and needs to do that without any relationship. She works 35 hours a week and commutes 2 minutes?

Her mother did leave her, her sister, and father for a guy she met online when chat rooms and stuff first existed like 20 years ago. Maybe that's why she is the way she is.

I don't know. She won't talk to me. I miss my cat very much and my girlfriend leaving like she did kind of majorly messed up the grief of my cat for me. I miss my girlfriend completely also. So basically I'm kind of fucked. I can't really eat or sleep well. I don't even want to skate. I have an appointment for the counselor in a week. It is going to be a fucking insanely long week though. I do have my mom and few good friends that I keep in touch and skate with to talk to.

I know other SLAP family members have lost friends, family, jobs, all that. I am in no way trying to make my situation seem bigger or more important. For me right now though going through all of this kind of alone, it seems and feels pretty awful. If anyone on here ever asked me for help and it was something I knew more about than they did, or thought I could help, I'd be there. Maybe some of my four wheeled brothers have something to say that makes sense. I'm having a hard time making sense of things. If you want to reply please don't make fun of me. If you want to ask me something. I'll reply. I may not be the most popular poster on SLAP, truth is, I'm just not as interesting as some of you dudes. I'm just some boring old dude with a giant heart and right now it's very broken.

Thanks dudes or chicks if chicks post here too.

-Doughboy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:14:50 AM by Doughboy »

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #18699 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:10 AM »
I know other people have a lot of stuff going on in this thread and I'm not trying to take away from any of that or be selfish by any means, but I've actually been going through some stuff for about a month and I really don't know where else to turn or what to do. I'll start by saying I have an appointment to get started with grief counseling already set up, but due to everything that's been happening and the wait time it takes to get into the counseling center, I still have to wait another week. For me what is going on is incredibly personal and even though others have posted many personal things here, I have not wanted to post about these things due to how much they mean to me... But I'll get started and I'm sorry if this is long or makes anyone bummed... I'll try to explain as best I can and maybe someone can have something decent to say. I could use hearing something good. Thank you if you read or reply.

At the beginning of August my 16 year old cat that I raised since he was a baby and I absolutely loved with all my heart passed away. He started to get sick in July and I did literally everything that I could to help him. To me he was my child. I'll skip the details about him being sick and all the time I spent on my hands and knees giving him medicine and feeding him chopped up liquid wet food for a month, because it's all pretty depressing and I don't want to put that kind of stuff in anyone's head.

Some back story that is important to all of this, is that my girlfriend of 6 years that I lived with 5 years and I couldn't have children. We raised our 2 cats as our kids, as I'm sure many other couples that cannot have children do. We loved them both very much and our home was a very happy one. She helped to raise my cat for 6 years. She helped many times when he would get sick. She loved him and he loved her. I helped to raise her kitty that she brought when she moved in. Her kitty was only about 1 year to 1 and half years old when we started dating, so he's basically my baby too...

After a month of being sick my kitty had to be taken to the emergency animal hospital 50 miles away at 1am. It was his last night in physical form.

The loss was and is an unbearable one for me. Our bond was absolutely true. Many things in my life have not been easy for me. He was always there though. I always put him first for 16 years. When I drank years ago and didn't even take great care of myself, he still always came first. He always had the best food, toys, playtime, doctor visit, attention, anything he ever needed. He was my number one.

I met my girlfriend 6 years ago in August and we fell very in love. We both had cats. We were both kind of weirdos. We both worked. Found out we had been living less than 3 blocks away from each other for over a year and then we finally met randomly at the gas station. She didn't drink a lot and I was a rock bottom drinker at the time we met. I mean morning, afternoon, and night drunk. I am ashamed to admit that about myself, I think I've mentioned it in the old dude thread years ago though. After about 2 months of dating, her and I quit drinking completely. Typing those words make me miss her. I had to take my glasses off to actually tear...

She moved into my place after less than a year of dating. I supported her rent free for 5 years so she could work and pay off student loans. She bought the groceries and cooked. I paid for everything else. Every major household repair anything we needed, I got us. Never asked for anything.

We lived together for 5 years building our home and lives together raising our little furry dudes. Barely any fights. Both sober. No abuse. No cheating. No lies.

The week after my cat passed away was pretty rough for me. I took my vacation time from work and went skating a few times real early in the morning by myself to just get clear in the head. We made an appointment with my tattoo artist to get a little something to remember our boy. My grief was pretty bad. She seemed to not be very effected by the loss and extra focused on her job. Kinda odd to me. She loved my cat and he loved her and for every 3 pictures of him, there is one of her and him. Don't really know why she's not really feeling the loss. Still don't know what's going on with her.

One week and 3 days after my cat passed, her and I had a verbal fight on a Sunday morning. Basically I'm kind of questioning why she's not really very bummed, now remember her and I cannot have children the cats are our kids... We kind of both say a bunch of shitty stuff and she's just going on and on about her job and how important it is to focus on work. Her job is good, but far from what she makes it out to be. I've always supported her with every work decision she's had to make. Even if it meant less time for us, I never told her not to do something. She leaves for a few hours to go to her Dad's so we can both cool off. Her Dad, who never paid for anything for us in 6 years together 5 years living together. I took care of her. Something goes wrong with her car, our home, or at work, or she needs $10 for lunch or gas, needs shoes, the cat's always have food, toys, doctor visits, I take care of it. She comes home from her Dad's. Everything is good. We chill, talk, eat, watch Suits, have desert. Seems pretty good.

One week and 4 days after my cat passed away. Monday morning. We wake up it's the first day that I really felt like I could start to move on with my grief. My mom and girlfriend both told me I was the best cat daddy and did absolutely everything a human could do to help him... If the 2 most important women in my life are telling me this, it must be true. My girlfriend kissed me goodbye and left for work. We were joking about our kitty that's still alive eating all the birthday cake she made for her co-worker and was taking to work that day. He didn't really eat the cake. While she's at work I do the laundry, take care of our other cat, and clean. I called my physician that day to make an appointment to get the ball rolling on seeing a therapist for grief counseling. I am so excited to talk to my girlfriend when she calls me on her way home from work like she does everyday. I wanted to tell her how I was feeling positive about things and even made and appointment with my doctor about getting some help to deal with my grief.

She calls after work. 5 minute phone call. She says she's never coming home and we are done. She says we have grown apart and want different things. She says I can keep her cat because she doesn't want me to not have anything. A couple nights later I get a string of very generic texts from her explaining everything. It literally sounds like she asked Siri what to type. She won't answer any calls. I text her my whole heart and tell her that as long as we stick together like we always have since we met, that things are gonna be ok. A day later I get one 25 minute phone call so she can say that she's read my texts and it's still over. The next week or so I get some texts here and there about when she can get her stuff. And that's pretty much how it is.

6 years together. I never hit her. Not even on the Sunday that we had our only really bad fight, so please do not say that I had to have hit her or anything like that for her to act this way. I never cheated. I never, not even once lied to her about anything. We literally always had fun and were happy. She never paid rent in 5 years. I supported many things she wanted to do or liked to do, even if I had zero interest in them. I always gave her positive advice and there have been many times she has needed it. I absolutely loved her. After all of that. I got one 5 minute phone call, some very odd texts, one 25 minute phone call, and a few texts so she can pick up her things.

The overall summary of her explanations is that she loves her job and needs to do that without any relationship. She works 35 hours a week and commutes 2 minutes?

Her mother did leave her, her sister, and father for a guy she met online when chat rooms and stuff first existed like 20 years ago. Maybe that's why she is the way she is.

I don't know. She won't talk to me. I miss my cat very much and my girlfriend leaving like she did kind of majorly messed up the grief of my cat for me. I miss my girlfriend completely also. So basically I'm kind of fucked. I can't really eat or sleep well. I don't even want to skate. I have an appointment for the counselor in a week. It is going to be a fucking insanely long week though. I do have my mom and few good friends that I keep in touch and skate with to talk to.

I know other SLAP family members have lost friends, family, jobs, all that. I am in no way trying to make my situation seem bigger or more important. For me right now though going through all of this kind of alone, it seems and feels pretty awful. If anyone on here ever asked me for help and it was something I knew more about than they did, or thought I could help, I'd be there. Maybe some of my four wheeled brothers have something to say that makes sense. I'm having a hard time making sense of things. If you want to reply please don't make fun of me. If you want to ask me something. I'll reply. I may not be the most popular poster on SLAP, truth is, I'm just not as interesting as some of you dudes. I'm just some boring old dude with a giant heart and right now it's very broken.

-Doughboy

you must force yourself to go skate. i went through a similar situation minus the cat grief, which would kill me. i understand where you're coming from. if you truly love skating, go force yourself to do it. it will take awhile but it will help you make sense of things. sounds dumb but it saved me from a complete collapse. you need to be the best you possible now, relationships to me are a lot like skating. the next trick you land will be better than the last, you did your best and you weren't a piece of shit to her. take it from me and try to see her as she really is, whatever that may be. do not put her on a pedestal or your relationship. sorry for the tangent dude but i feel you could use some words of encouragement. 
even the steven

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #18700 on: September 13, 2017, 02:17:17 AM »
Just because you get sober doesn't mean your life is gonna get better. It's still going to suck but it's going to suck a lot less, then in another month it's going to keep getting less suckish. People in the program always say just take one day at a time which is true you should but look at the big picture also. No more waking up like you got beaten with phone books the night before, you earn trust back from family and friends, free coffee at meetings, meet new people who aren't as big of a piece of shit like yourself (this includes me as well for being a piece of shit) and actually care about your well-being. I'm about to be 2 years sober in November and I can honestly tell you I don't miss that shit. After my first month of just getting decent sleep and losing weight, I didn't miss drinking then

Might as well work that program you are going to. What would be the worst thing that happens if you tried?

If you fail like we all do from time to time, do it again till it sticks   

Yes, don't sit and be useless, get to work. You feel like shit anyway, might as well get something done.

Doughboy

• Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18701 on: September 13, 2017, 03:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote

-Doughboy
[close]

you must force yourself to go skate. i went through a similar situation minus the cat grief, which would kill me. i understand where you're coming from. if you truly love skating, go force yourself to do it. it will take awhile but it will help you make sense of things. sounds dumb but it saved me from a complete collapse. you need to be the best you possible now, relationships to me are a lot like skating. the next trick you land will be better than the last, you did your best and you weren't a piece of shit to her. take it from me and try to see her as she really is, whatever that may be. do not put her on a pedestal or your relationship. sorry for the tangent dude but i feel you could use some words of encouragement. 
Thank you for the reply. Yeah man I truly love skating. I know it will help to get out there, but it's really tough right now. As skaters I know we have all had to take our first push, ollie, slam, get up, slam again, bleed, keep trying, gotta build our own spots, fix broke down spots, we will make it work... I am just trying take that first push and make it all work again. Not just the skating, but my life. My whole daily routine is gone. I'd work come home and take care of the cats and house while she went to work. Skate and hangout with her after she got done with work. She and the kitties were my family. So basically 50% of my whole life is gone now. I miss my little dude very much. I still have the other homie cat so me and him are trying to stay strong. I still probably have the ex on a pedestal that she probably does not deserve to be on also. I don't get how she can just bail on me and the other cat. None of her choices or explanations make any sense to me whatsoever. We always had an awesome time doing fun stuff and she never even hinted that she wanted to leave.

I think I am still in shock. Everyone that knew us closely does not understand any of this either.

I have some hope that with a lot of skating, eating, sleeping, professional help, cooking, and cleaning that I'll be able to be an awesome version of myself again. It all feels pretty awful right now. I know that doing the proper daily things will make me feel better and I was doing pretty good for a week or so... The silence that she put me in by not speaking up if she was feeling like she wanted to leave or anything like that and the timing and sneakiness of her leaving has got me feeling not so good. The lack of contact that I've had with her since she left and some of the ice cold behavior as far as lack of grief or concern for me or the other cat is breaking my brain.

Thanks so much for the words and I do really believe you are speaking the truth. Maybe in the future I'll be able to get some stoke back.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18702 on: September 13, 2017, 05:38:39 AM »
D-Boy, counseling is going to be your best bet so just hang in there until you get there. You're feelings are all legitimate, but the reality of it all is that your GF (and pretty much everyone else) doesn't owe you anything despite how generous or loving you were over the course of your relationship. It's a really tough thing to face, and I definitely feel for you, but its the truth.

Life gets shitty for everyone and its totally fine to feel all the pain that you have, but the pain is not permanent. Try and keep your head up.

shark tits

« Reply #18703 on: September 13, 2017, 06:10:40 AM »
occupy yo mind, doughboy!
skate, hang out w/ broads, whatever you can do to distract and before you know it you're doing cool stuff not dwelling.
i know it's easier said than done but nothing good comes of moping. [except it is kinda rad to listen to bright eyes drunk and relate it to your life]
bawtawd, i've got a ton of labor i need help w/. i wish i could take you on and you help me w/ the yard and skate. sometimes it'll fit once you have a few days you don't wanna go back [like jim greco's story] other times you go into quitting w/ a plan and that can work too.
i quit drinking for anywhere from a wkend to a month to 7 months before it finally took.
heron just kinda left me but i also ate some mushrooms that may have made it easier to not go back? paradigm shift like the hippies say.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #18704 on: September 13, 2017, 06:56:49 AM »
Dang man thats rough, hopefully just writing it down and putting it out there helps. 6 years is a long time to invest but every ending is a new beginning, you can literally go anywhere and do anything.

Hold your head up brotha, things always get better with time.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18705 on: September 13, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »
Sorry to detour from everyone else, but this dickhead will probably be my state's next senator.

QueeferMadness

• Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #18706 on: September 13, 2017, 07:38:29 AM »
Sorry to detour from everyone else, but this dickhead will probably be my state's next senator.

At least its not ted nudgent.

Seger is the best Michigan rocker 

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #18707 on: September 13, 2017, 07:49:27 AM »
As bad is it may look image wise, unless he has become total dickhead, I could see him actually doing a good job, I think he came up in the underground hip-hop scene and can actually identify with the struggle a lot of people in blue-collar area where all the blue-collar jobs dried up

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18708 on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:56 AM »
As bad is it may look image wise, unless he has become total dickhead, I could see him actually doing a good job, I think he came up in the underground hip-hop scene and can actually identify with the struggle a lot of people in blue-collar area where all the blue-collar jobs dried up
I don't know dude. When has electing celebrities to high ranking political positions when they have no prior political experience ever been a good idea? Right now he's just banging his chest and making claims while the redneck fans cheer him on. If he gets in office, he's going to have no idea how to accomplish anything, just like Trump.

Seger? Really?

Pigeon

« Reply #18709 on: September 13, 2017, 08:18:42 AM »
^
Our politics is nothing more than entertainment now. Why the fuck do the same people who criticized Obama for not having much political experience think that they're fit for office, when they have none?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18710 on: September 13, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »
hah, yeah true, but I guess he doesn't strike me as a blatant asshole or racist, but I really doin't know shit about the situation, hoping at worst he could be a well-meaning incompetant

QueeferMadness

• Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #18711 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don't know dude. When has electing celebrities to high ranking political positions when they have no prior political experience ever been a good idea? Right now he's just banging his chest and making claims while the redneck fans cheer him on. If he gets in office, he's going to have no idea how to accomplish anything, just like Trump.

Expand Quote

[close]
Seger? Really?

Heck ya, Bob is the best.
Puts on a beast of a show and his early stuff is heavy

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18712 on: September 13, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
Kid rock for president

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Doughboy

• Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18713 on: September 13, 2017, 09:46:45 PM »
Thanks very much dudes for the replies. I'm just basically trying to maintain until I can start getting into counseling. This whole situation is messing me up pretty bad. Maybe I shouldn't have even posted about it, but I really don't know what else to do. My physician is on vacation for another week, it is not as easy or quick as I thought it would be to get into the counseling center, I call pet grief hotlines all day that usually go to a voicemail and I can't get a call back or no one even answers, and I think I am still in shock. Sorry if I come off as crazy, I feel that way right now. Also I never meant to sound as if anyone "owed" me anything for everything I did for my girlfriend. I understand how some of what I said sounded like that. I gave what I gave out of love. She gave a lot to our relationship also and I'm sorry if I didn't include all of those things, I figured I was already taking up too much of people's time with all my other ranting. I just tried to be thorough in explaining the situation, because the aftermath of it all is very tough for me to make any sense of. This woman was not just a serious girlfriend. She is 30 and I am 37. We were as close to being married as you can be without a piece of paper saying you are married. I'm not even gonna explain all that, or why we didn't already get married, that is a long story too.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. Or if I am a big crybaby. I think that to leave someone when they are in massive grief over a beloved pet that just died is well, basically sadistic. I never expected that from her. I wouldn't do anything like that to her or wish it upon anyone. It's not good feeling.

Thanks again guys. I'll try to keep strong.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #18714 on: September 13, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »
Hey Doughboy, I'm sorry for the loss of your cat. I lost my cat buddy last year and it was rough.  

About the girl, people grieve in different ways, so she may have been hurting, but just not showing it. And another thing is that even though she loved that cat, some people don't get super emotional about pets dying. I know it seems weird, but it's not something to hold her over the coals for.  

Also, there were 2 quotes in your post, "Her job is good, but far from what she makes it out to be." and "She works 35 hours a week and commutes 2 minutes?" It seems like you don't respect what she does.  If it was that important to her she probably picked up on it too.

Hang in there though man, you'll get through it.

you never know about pre-cum 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #18715 on: September 13, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »
doughboy, 100% sucks that your cat died. The girl, if you did treat her that well, will realize what she let go of in time and if she has a good head on her shoulders will fully apologize to you.
If it was as out of the blue as you say I feel like there's something else going on behind the scenes there that you don't know about yet. As Dwarf pointed out too, people grieve in different ways so I wouldn't be too hard on her for how you perceived she was grieving.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #18716 on: September 13, 2017, 11:20:18 PM »
i just found out my best friend who i have known for 20 years is back in jail for attempted murder. it's not really a surprise seeing as how he is gang affiliated, it more so has to do with the fact that this guy is the only person i know who still makes time to chill with me and has always been a true friend. i wish he got into skating instead of being an ese...
even the steven

Doughboy

• Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18717 on: September 13, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
Hey Doughboy, I'm sorry for the loss of your cat. I lost my cat buddy last year and it was rough.  

About the girl, people grieve in different ways, so she may have been hurting, but just not showing it. And another thing is that even though she loved that cat, some people don't get super emotional about pets dying. I know it seems weird, but it's not something to hold her over the coals for.  

Also, there were 2 quotes in your post, "Her job is good, but far from what she makes it out to be." and "She works 35 hours a week and commutes 2 minutes?" It seems like you don't respect what she does.  If it was that important to her she probably picked up on it too.

Hang in there though man, you'll get through it.

Dude I'm super sorry about your cat. It's really really tough. No joke. I'm sorry for you man.

Yeah man I definitely kind of expected to see more emotion out of her about the loss. I probably did "hold her over the coals for it" more than I should have. At the same time I kind of felt she wasn't doing much to console me also. I was probably being selfish. I was blinded by my loss and I've told her for years that when the little dude goes, it's gonna mess me up for awhile... She could have just been staying busy with her work more and more to help herself with the loss as her way of dealing. I express what I feel quite often when I feel something and I'm very passionate about the things I love. I think she kind of represses her feelings much more than I do, so I'm pretty sure we were lacking some very important communication.

About her work, I do have a lot of respect for what she does. I'm not gonna get into what she does, but it helps others and is important. I've always helped with her resume and when she needed support when going through promotions. I've always been very proud of her accomplishments. The big difference about her and I is that I like to leave my job at my job to be happy to be home and enjoy my time with my loved ones, she tended to bring a little bit more about her work home with her and kind of always put it before us. I was usually ok with it, because if you're lucky to have a job you like, let it consume you. Don't let it ruin the time with your partner though... But yes, during our big verbal fight a lot of things got said that were not of the positive nature. Both by me and her. I think she took things a little too much to heart though and didn't see it for what it was. I was grieving, not sleeping well, force feeding myself, and saying things I didn't really mean. There was a lot of stuff going on all at once during this period and it was overwhelming for both of us. I am by no means an easy person to live/be with, but she was also fairly difficult at times. I loved it though, because for me I think that a relationship is taking the good with the bad. In 6 years I don't think we ever went to bed angry at each other and our little disagreements we'd have never affected the good times we had.

Those quotes of mine are actually pretty crappy of me and the words of a guy that's hurting and had probably been up restless for 24 hours when I started typing. But I was definitely being not the bigger person by saying those things.

Thank you very much for the reply, cause pretty much what you pointed out is exactly the things that have been replaying in my head a lot lately.

I'll try to stay positive. I just think had there been a little more healthy communication that our situation wouldn't have overheated like it did.

Doughboy

• Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18718 on: September 13, 2017, 11:37:25 PM »
doughboy, 100% sucks that your cat died. The girl, if you did treat her that well, will realize what she let go of in time and if she has a good head on her shoulders will fully apologize to you.
If it was as out of the blue as you say I feel like there's something else going on behind the scenes there that you don't know about yet. As Dwarf pointed out too, people grieve in different ways so I wouldn't be too hard on her for how you perceived she was grieving.
Thank you for the condolences man. I appreciate it deeply.

I just kind of long replied to Dwarf so I covered some stuff you also brought up in that post.

Yeah man it was out of the blue. I don't think she's with another dude or anything. It's a pretty small area and I don't think many dudes would want to be stepping on my toes around here. Not trying to be a tough guy, but my family and I have a lot of respect in the community, and everyone around knows her and I were very much together so I don't see anyone trying to cross that line with me. She may have been having her own breakdown and just hiding it a lot better than me, because like I said to Dwarf, she represses a lot of feelings and stuff. If she's having a breakdown, I just want her to be ok. It's just all messed up because I really tried to give her the space she wanted and we haven't been talking, so who knows.

Thanks again for the sorrows about my kitty, he was my dude.

Doughboy

• Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18719 on: September 13, 2017, 11:42:23 PM »
i just found out my best friend who i have known for 20 years is back in jail for attempted murder. it's not really a surprise seeing as how he is gang affiliated, it more so has to do with the fact that this guy is the only person i know who still makes time to chill with me and has always been a true friend. i wish he got into skating instead of being an ese...
Wow man. Sorry to hear about your friend. Shit got weird with a lot of my old friends when our skate crew from the 90's started to fizzle out in like early 2000's, and dudes I knew forever started going down some not so good paths. Sorry man.