Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1898121 times)

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18720 on: September 14, 2017, 09:49:16 AM »
Keep your chin up Doughboy. My condolences on the loss of your cat.
Next week on the 20th, it will be 9 years since one of our cats died. She was 11. I still carry a ton of guilt and self loathing over her death. I was a piece of shit alcoholic cokehead at the time. Completely selfish. Anyone could see this cat was not doing well. Really lethargic and having trouble breathing. I just kept putting off taking her to the vet. Until that morning when I woke up to the wife screaming that she was dead. It was the worst day of my life. Before and since then, I've had to deal with losing my dad, little brother and 2 good friends. But losing that cat was still the roughest. She was my child, and I let her die. If it was a human, I'd be in jail, rightfully so. At least you did all you could.
3 years ago, that cat's sister passed away. She was 17. It was sad of course. But not nearly as devastating. I did all the right things this time.
Regarding the girl, I wanted to say something similar to G.I.S.M. and Dwarf that you can't really judge someone on grief levels. It's not a contest. But for her to leave you at such a low point maybe just means that its not meant to be. You know the sayings. "when the going gets rough" "in sickness and in health". The people who are by your side at those points are the true friends and loved ones. When I'm at my lowest, my wife turns into a super woman and really takes care of me. We've been together just shy of 20 years now. And like you, no kids, the cats are our babies. If you're really meant to be with this girl, she'll come back. If not, there is someone better out there for you. At least you still have one cat to keep you company.

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
« Reply #18721 on: September 14, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »
Keep your chin up Doughboy. My condolences on the loss of your cat.
Next week on the 20th, it will be 9 years since one of our cats died. She was 11. I still carry a ton of guilt and self loathing over her death. I was a piece of shit alcoholic cokehead at the time. Completely selfish. Anyone could see this cat was not doing well. Really lethargic and having trouble breathing. I just kept putting off taking her to the vet. Until that morning when I woke up to the wife screaming that she was dead. It was the worst day of my life. Before and since then, I've had to deal with losing my dad, little brother and 2 good friends. But losing that cat was still the roughest. She was my child, and I let her die. If it was a human, I'd be in jail, rightfully so. At least you did all you could.
3 years ago, that cat's sister passed away. She was 17. It was sad of course. But not nearly as devastating. I did all the right things this time.
Regarding the girl, I wanted to say something similar to G.I.S.M. and Dwarf that you can't really judge someone on grief levels. It's not a contest. But for her to leave you at such a low point maybe just means that its not meant to be. You know the sayings. "when the going gets rough" "in sickness and in health". The people who are by your side at those points are the true friends and loved ones. When I'm at my lowest, my wife turns into a super woman and really takes care of me. We've been together just shy of 20 years now. And like you, no kids, the cats are our babies. If you're really meant to be with this girl, she'll come back. If not, there is someone better out there for you. At least you still have one cat to keep you company.
Thank you very much for the condolences. I deeply appreciate it.

Thank you so much for sharing all of that. I'm very sorry about the kitties you have lost. I would imagine writing some of the things you shared were tough for you to type out or maybe you're just super open, or just a good dude trying to give some words that may help another dude. Regardless, thank you very much. I too have lost family members and quite a few friends, but my cat is just the toughest thing ever for me. I raised him, I protected him, fed him, spent everyday for 16 years with him. I miss him so very much. He was super healthy and happy right before he got sick. He had a great check up in February and I really thought he had 2 more years. Once he got sick though in July, he got really bad really fast. So it is all still very shocking to me.

I definitely had my questions about how the girl was or wasn't feeling about the loss. A lot of what I probably wanted to express to her wasn't coming out of my mouth and brain as well as I would have liked, due to just the shock and crippling pain I was going through with the loss. When he got sick I pretty much just stopped everything else I was doing to be available full time for him and make sure he got all his medicines and foods when he needed them. Giving 6-8 syringes of oral medicine or food to an animal and having to spread it out every couple hours takes a lot of time and love. I would have done more if it would have helped. The cats are our kids, I'll do anything for them. There was some stuff going on with the girl during the time our dude was sick that kind of made me start to question her support and level of care. I think that is what led up to me kind of starting the grief contest after his passing. I'm not even going to get into it cause it's a very long story, even though Doughboy obviously likes typing long stories. Even if it fully explains things so that others can understand a bit better why I had the questions I had, so much has already happened that saying more won't change anything.

I would very very much like her to come back. I've gotten to a point that I am willing to look past her leaving when and like she did. I have an unconditional love for her and I'm willing to take the blame for anything I need to and change in anyway that would maybe help us to have the goodness back... The overall reality of the situation is that she is probably not coming back and just wasn't the person I thought she was. It sucks to say that, but as the days go on it's proving to be more true. It's a big world and I have a big heart and if she doesn't want that anymore, there has to be someone awesome out there that will.

I am hoping after some proper eating and sleeping I can get to skate again and get to the place that I want to be. I want to be a happy about my cat's life and the time we had instead of sad about his death and the time we don't have.

I'm gonna work my hardest to give the other kitty dude I have the life he deserves. One full of love, food, safety, toys, good times, and happiness.

Thank you very much for the words handsclapanin.

Thanks to all you dudes. I was struggling bad and still am. You have all made that struggle slightly less though. I am grateful.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:42:42 PM by Doughboy »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #18722 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:53 PM »
she'll come back, whether you're ready to take her back at that point is another story

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #18723 on: September 15, 2017, 07:26:42 AM »
Have no idea what part of London SodaJerk lives in, but hopefully him and all his people are safe.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/15/551166444/british-police-investigate-incident-at-london-subway-station

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #18724 on: September 17, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »
not too chuffed on this after a week

Mongoloid

« Reply #18725 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
I keep saying I'm going to skate today, but I'm more than likely just gonna end up getting drunk and doing nothing.

I've skated maybe around 20 times this year total, and its a miracle I can even do half of the things I do.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18726 on: September 17, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
the less you go , the harder it gets to go
...and i'm not talking about my cock lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:23:00 PM by the snake »

Mongoloid

« Reply #18727 on: September 17, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »

I'm just stuck in an unmotivated phase at the moment, and its pretty lame.

I could actually be decent on the board if I put in real time. It's the same thing with practicing guitar or any other interest I have. I also have a fuck ton of cleaning that I'm procrastinating attending to.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18728 on: September 17, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I could actually be decent on the board if I put in real time. It's the same thing with practicing guitar or any other interest I have. I also have a fuck ton of cleaning that I'm procrastinating attending to.
i feel you, bro, but stop waisting time
you should do the sharktits programm, 100 push-ups every morning, good for the motivation

Mongoloid

« Reply #18729 on: September 17, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i feel you, bro, but stop waisting time
you should do the sharktits programm, 100 push-ups every morning, good for the motivation

That's a good idea/point. Physical fitness does play a huge role in one's mental state. I should start a regimen of crunches and pushups.

I need to stop feeling overwhelmed by all the aspects of my life I have to improve, and just get on with it. 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #18730 on: September 17, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
My girlfriend got mad at me today because she tried to make last minute plans with me and I said I wanted to play Nba 2k today instead of rushing to go meet her. I barely got to play it yesterday because I had to work and the game just came out Friday. It's Sunday, I don't want to do anything on these days except for worship the lord on the 2k cover. She's been basically giving me the cold shoulder all day through texts which is understandable. I mean I picked a video game over her but guess she knows now I'm a huge fucking video game nerd loser

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18731 on: September 17, 2017, 05:33:02 PM »
Do something nice for her tomorrow. I know a girl who broke up with her boyfriend because of the exact same situation. She's crazy, but still.

Mongoloid

« Reply #18732 on: September 17, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
My girlfriend got mad at me today because she tried to make last minute plans with me and I said I wanted to play Nba 2k today instead of rushing to go meet her. I barely got to play it yesterday because I had to work and the game just came out Friday. It's Sunday, I don't want to do anything on these days except for worship the lord on the 2k cover. She's been basically giving me the cold shoulder all day through texts which is understandable. I mean I picked a video game over her but guess she knows now I'm a huge fucking video game nerd loser

How do you get laid while being such a huge fucking nerd? Yet I can never seem to get laid being the coolest person my mom ever knew.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18733 on: September 17, 2017, 06:01:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do you get laid while being such a huge fucking nerd? Yet I can never seem to get laid being the coolest person my mom ever knew.

Have you seen Toby skate a box?

Mongoloid

« Reply #18734 on: September 17, 2017, 06:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Have you seen Toby skate a box?

Tobey makes my pants sticky in the front.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18735 on: September 17, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »

If you apologize for anything you are a coward and a fool.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #18736 on: September 17, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »

I love you Tobey, but damn it, lie...
you never know about pre-cum 

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18737 on: September 17, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love you Tobey, but damn it, lie...

this and invite me over to play 2k dickhead
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #18738 on: September 18, 2017, 05:26:07 AM »
I didn't apologize for it but I didn't want to lie either. It's a fresh relationship, it's only been a little over two months. So I didn't  want her to think I was a liar. She cooled down later last night. She wanted to hang out because her roommates were throwing a day drinking party and she doesn't really drink.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #18739 on: September 18, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
Dudes in here thinking you need to drop everything in your life if your SO asks. Obviously the girl is gonna take it badly if you choose a video game over her, but c'mon now, it was short notice and he had plans, doesn't matter what they were.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18740 on: September 18, 2017, 09:51:26 AM »
gnar'd you, tobey, for having a girl while being a videogame nerd loser

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #18741 on: September 18, 2017, 01:22:03 PM »
Still banned.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18742 on: September 18, 2017, 05:43:32 PM »

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #18743 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:16 PM »
Got drunk at a small get together with friends. Tried to convince this young lady, that I'm way too into, to comeback for a game of bp as I'm hauling ass I hit a crack slam and my middle fingers are swollen and feel jammed. Needless to say got carried away gassing her roommate up to talk to a guy.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #18744 on: September 19, 2017, 01:20:14 AM »
Are you still drunk? Because I don't understand a bit of that.

I think I have to stop smoking. My chest hurts where I believe my heart is. Or maybe I'll cut back or switch to filters.
^ i thought the same thing. also
i am gonna gnar you thrillho, for
putting in the effort keeping your
post- count constantly on beast's
number. who knows maybe some
day your rep reaches 666 as well.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18745 on: September 19, 2017, 06:25:01 AM »
Needless to say got carried away gassing her roommate up to talk to a guy.

you did what?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #18746 on: September 19, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Needless to say got carried away gassing her roommate up to talk to a guy.
[close]

you did what?

Are you still drunk? Because I don't understand a bit of that.

Her roommate is into this guy and while we were talking her roommate was there. I asked him about the guy he was into as we've hung out as a group before and proceeded to hype them up to let the person know how they feel.

As for the rest of the story, tried to hang out with her and managed to not impress her
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #18747 on: September 22, 2017, 02:05:56 PM »
I've been exceptionally bad with my money lately. Totally scrambling.

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #18748 on: September 23, 2017, 07:38:19 AM »
$300 electricity bill
$246 water bill
and I flatspotted my wheels two days ago

the snake

• SLAP Pal