Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884766 times)

sacking rails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24660 on: September 03, 2022, 11:28:22 AM »
sometimes i get mad and break stuff

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #24661 on: September 03, 2022, 12:44:09 PM »
Was driving on to 95 today and looked over and saw a dude lying very eerily still, in a kind of fetal position holding a backpack. He like TOO still and rigid and the part of his neck I could see looked almost blue. I’m wondering if he had ODed an nobody had noticed yet. It all happened so fast cause I was driving by. Don’t do opiates

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24662 on: September 04, 2022, 03:56:48 AM »
my friend adopted a cat yesterday and it's a nightmare. the cat is paralyzed from the waist down, dragging its ass along the floor, constantly shitting. if it wasn't my friends place and a helpless disabled animal involved i would think the situation is extremely funny, but not like this. it's gonna be hard to find a home for this cat. she's going to the vet tomorrow, but i'm pretty sure the cat is in such a bad state it's gonna get put down. it sounds fucking horrible. really bad judgement there from my friend.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24663 on: September 04, 2022, 04:24:33 AM »
my friend adopted a cat yesterday and it's a nightmare. the cat is paralyzed from the waist down, dragging its ass along the floor, constantly shitting. if it wasn't my friends place and a helpless disabled animal involved i would think the situation is extremely funny, but not like this. it's gonna be hard to find a home for this cat. she's going to the vet tomorrow, but i'm pretty sure the cat is in such a bad state it's gonna get put down. it sounds fucking horrible. really bad judgement there from my friend.
This shit drives me insane. I love animals but people need to be adults and know when to call it. It's like a trend now of who can have the most messed up pets like somehow keeping something with no quality of life makes you a good person. (And no I'm not some monster who just kills pets at the first hurdle, I've had 3 cats that have all lived to at least 14)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 04:37:46 AM by Mean salto »

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24664 on: September 04, 2022, 04:31:23 AM »
The general state of the world.
Inflation. Rent prices. Getting paid low wages for hard labour. Technology induced isolation. People are like living algorithms now.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24665 on: September 04, 2022, 05:15:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This shit drives me insane. I love animals but people need to be adults and know when to call it. It's like a trend now of who can have the most messed up pets like somehow keeping something with no quality of life makes you a good person. (And no I'm not some monster who just kills pets at the first hurdle, I've had 3 cats that have all lived to at least 14)

exactly. she admitted herself that she had bad judgement from being in grief because it was the anniversary of her first cat dying and seeing the ad for this cat just pulled her heartstrings too much. still it was just stupid. she's pretty poor, too, so having a cat that's that ill will also drain her finances in the long run even more. and she's just not emotionally equipped to handle a cat like that i'm afraid.

i actually have to go to the store now to get some small ass diapers now for her because apparently she hasn't figured out yet how she can leave the cat even alone without it smearing poop all over her place. i imagine she's constantly cleaning after the poor cat as it drags its ass along the apartment floor. it's fucking absurd dude.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24666 on: September 05, 2022, 11:44:12 AM »

It's all about the he-said, she-said bullshit.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #24667 on: September 05, 2022, 08:08:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's all about the he-said, she-said bullshit.

I think you’d better quit

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #24668 on: September 06, 2022, 01:31:28 PM »
i fought fred durst once and he lied and said he won

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #24669 on: September 06, 2022, 07:14:59 PM »
Went to the Drs for a routine physical and STI test, said fuck it and grabbed a flu shot while I was there (I never get flu shots generally). Flash forward two days and i’m sitting at my place with a “buddy” and I get my test results. Lo and behold yer boy got gonorrhea and had to tell my friend that we aren’t going to HBO & Blow that night. I’ve been feeling like shit and need to go get my antibiotic shot which is gunna fuck me up even more.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24670 on: September 07, 2022, 02:03:01 AM »
Went to the Drs for a routine physical and STI test, said fuck it and grabbed a flu shot while I was there (I never get flu shots generally). Flash forward two days and i’m sitting at my place with a “buddy” and I get my test results. Lo and behold yer boy got gonorrhea and had to tell my friend that we aren’t going to HBO & Blow that night. I’ve been feeling like shit and need to go get my antibiotic shot which is gunna fuck me up even more.

Username checks out

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #24671 on: September 08, 2022, 04:17:29 AM »
I am not stoked on...
This heatwave in San Diego.
The fact that a friend that seriously said that record heat? What about before 1835 or whenever the weather here was first recorded?
The person who sent that text that this is happening because:"if people of the world don't believe in god he can't protect us from this".
That feeling that people think like this and the amusement of how we are so fucked.
Climate change or not, I'm hot and a whiny baby about how fucking hot it is.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24672 on: September 08, 2022, 04:36:47 AM »
I am not stoked on...
The fact that a friend that seriously said that record heat? What about before 1835 or whenever the weather here was first recorded?
The person who sent that text that this is happening because:"if people of the world don't believe in god he can't protect us from this".
That feeling that people think like this and the amusement of how we are so fucked.
If it makes you feel better I can say Aus winter only finished a couple days ago and I already have to put the air con on during the day and there's plenty of climate change deniers down here too even with record high heats constantly and all the endless hell fires.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24673 on: September 08, 2022, 06:03:33 AM »
Memphis has made national news multiple times this week for horrific shit. First a billionaire’s heir was kidnapped and murdered, a man jumped off the Mississippi bridge, some dude went around and shot 5 fucking people last night and finally was brought into custody around 8pm when it started at 4:30pm.

I fucking love my city, but goddamn I can’t stand seeing this shit. I need a vacation.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24674 on: September 08, 2022, 04:07:14 PM »
I am not stoked on...

Ya man, I live in the sticks, on the coast close to Oregon. The rivers are dry and filled with toxic algae, and it ain't cuz the ganja growers took all the water. I tell anyone back in cities who sez climate change ain't real that the redwood crowns look like dead Xmas trees on a Boston sidewalk on February and the rivers are dry. I drove to SF and it was 112 from Ukiah to Novato. 90 in SF. I got no AC and was almost sick just driving. People are too sheltered in their homes and AC stores/virtual reality to see what's going on.

Driving thru that, seeing the Eel almost all dry, the Russian 100% dry, couples with the hellscape burnscars, it's pretty fucking nerve wrecking
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24675 on: September 08, 2022, 09:37:00 PM »
Expand Quote
I am not stoked on...
[close]

Ya man, I live in the sticks, on the coast close to Oregon. The rivers are dry and filled with toxic algae, and it ain't cuz the ganja growers took all the water. I tell anyone back in cities who sez climate change ain't real that the redwood crowns look like dead Xmas trees on a Boston sidewalk on February and the rivers are dry. I drove to SF and it was 112 from Ukiah to Novato. 90 in SF. I got no AC and was almost sick just driving. People are too sheltered in their homes and AC stores/virtual reality to see what's going on.

Driving thru that, seeing the Eel almost all dry, the Russian 100% dry, couples with the hellscape burnscars, it's pretty fucking nerve wrecking

As a species, we are completely fucked. I'm not sure I want to invest in my 401K anymore as I worry there is no point. There is no way the economy is going to be able to sustain itself as climate gets worse over the next 30 years.

Even when the rivers are dry, all the ground water has been pumped, and the oceans have overwhelmed the coasts, there are still going to be people who say climate change was made up by the Democrats. What a fucking nightmare we have to look forward to all because one party couldn't stop taking money from big energy companies and wrapped their identity in hating the planet (and I don't want to hear about both sides... if it was both sides at least a handful of Republicans would vote for the environment instead of unanimously voting against every time).

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 10:01:38 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #24676 on: September 09, 2022, 10:46:53 AM »
Kendamas...

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #24677 on: September 09, 2022, 11:42:18 AM »
avacado toast
size 16 shoes
cat litter
yellow paint

nico_suave

• Rep: 15
« Reply #24678 on: September 09, 2022, 05:26:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am not stoked on...
[close]

[close]

As a species, we are completely fucked. I'm not sure I want to invest in my 401K anymore as I worry there is no point. There is no way the economy is going to be able to sustain itself as climate gets worse over the next 30 years.

Even when the rivers are dry, all the ground water has been pumped, and the oceans have overwhelmed the coasts, there are still going to be people who say climate change was made up by the Democrats. What a fucking nightmare we have to look forward to all because one party couldn't stop taking money from big energy companies and wrapped their identity in hating the planet (and I don't want to hear about both sides... if it was both sides at least a handful of Republicans would vote for the environment instead of unanimously voting against every time).

Well said @thelurper
Also,@iusedtoskatemore that's heartbreaking to hear about how bad it is, I assumed its just SoCal getting the brunt of this. Also hearing about Australia, its wild how one could argue against what we are seeing with our own eyes.
I'm pondering just setting up the 401k to just retire now or cash it out, that chunk of tax would sting but I'll be sort of young enough to enjoy it. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about how its sort of pointless when we're driving toward the cliff. Its almost like its toned down so people won't see how pointless it is, since we are all fucked.
That pic also, fuck, speaking of doomed. Dude kind of proves the point.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24679 on: September 09, 2022, 09:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am not stoked on...
[close]

[close]

I just took this new job, right, a job that's supposed to be kind of a stable future builder. First time I've ever really done this and after the first day I sed to my gal "with the planet earth rejecting humanity and life getting harder for us, im not really sure I want to spend my time doing something like this, that I'm not totally sold on." Its not all that hard or wicked demanding compared to other things, its stable enough too if I even remotely play the game. But, Life, every day, feels increasingly precious, you know what I'm saying? I don't like to play the game. Waiting for civil war/the states to crumble even more, driving thru this increasingly fucked up weather, etc is leading me to reconsider my priorities. I don't have much for investments or 401k and at 37, with the state of things, I don't know that it matters all that much. I'd rather plant gardens, fix vehicles, and teach the kids how to be, just how to survive and find reasons to survive this madness. I don't freakin know man, I don't.

Stay safe and sane, my brethren. We will get by

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
« Reply #24680 on: September 10, 2022, 04:10:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am not stoked on...
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just took this new job, right, a job that's supposed to be kind of a stable future builder. First time I've ever really done this and after the first day I sed to my gal "with the planet earth rejecting humanity and life getting harder for us, im not really sure I want to spend my time doing something like this, that I'm not totally sold on." Its not all that hard or wicked demanding compared to other things, its stable enough too if I even remotely play the game. But, Life, every day, feels increasingly precious, you know what I'm saying? I don't like to play the game. Waiting for civil war/the states to crumble even more, driving thru this increasingly fucked up weather, etc is leading me to reconsider my priorities. I don't have much for investments or 401k and at 37, with the state of things, I don't know that it matters all that much. I'd rather plant gardens, fix vehicles, and teach the kids how to be, just how to survive and find reasons to survive this madness. I don't freakin know man, I don't.

Stay safe and sane, my brethren. We will get by

Knowing a little bit about your situation, I can say that the path you're on is going to lead you to the opportunity to do all of those things more than a lot of your peers simply because of the stability and its also a super important part of the community and system even if it doesn't feel like it at first. Trust me it's gonna feel weird for a few months until you figure it out but once you've got your seat at the table you can earn a good living and do all the stuff you want on the side too. I was in the same boat as you a few years ago in terms of not having shit in terms of retirement funds so if you want advice on investing right now shoot me a PM and I'll explain what I do. I'm not gonna claim to be a guru or anything but by actually paying attention to the markets and moving my stuff around I managed to not get totally clobbered on the invasion crash like a lot of my coworkers.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #24681 on: September 10, 2022, 08:30:41 AM »
I understand the world is rapidly going down the drain and people have actual life problems, but the thing I'm not stoked on is my new sofa didn't get delivered for the weekend.

aiden

« Reply #24682 on: September 10, 2022, 10:42:55 AM »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24683 on: September 10, 2022, 11:14:25 AM »
I wrote this long crybaby post and deleted it.

I guess there's some feelings I can't share

I'm going to cry and play guitar then I'm going outside to try and skate.

There's an event tomorrow dt Salem. I'll be there probably all day.

I hope it makes me feel better because rn I feel like I'm waisting air and I don't deserve to live.

I've done nothing and I'm never going to do anything and I care
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #24684 on: September 11, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »
Skating just really hasn’t been doing it for me lately.  Super busy with school, and the rare chance I do get out to skate, I just don’t feel like trying.  I feel a bit of a break approaching
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24685 on: September 11, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »
tons of driving, less sleep than usual, feeling anxious and depleted. I generally only feel anxious for days on end when i'm over tired or under rested. It doesn't happen too often but it's kicking my ass this past week and i've got a busy week ahead.

at least the rooster that has been next door, waking me way too early is finally gone. forgot how nice it was to sleep past 6... now that i've gotta wake at 545 for a job  :-[

wahwahwah

• Rep: -3
« Reply #24686 on: September 12, 2022, 05:43:17 AM »
winter is coming
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #24687 on: September 12, 2022, 09:15:11 PM »
girls that don't text back. shit stopping mid conversation, gotta wait 23 hours for a response on whether or not they want to hang. shit's totally on their terms. sucks

impossible to know if they're not interested or just don't care about me that much vs there's a legitimate reason, ie they're just busy.

as I get older, it seems like people being semi responsive is becoming more of a non negotiable for me. I almost want to start just moving on from people who leave me hanging but not sure if i'm overthinking

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #24688 on: September 13, 2022, 06:48:53 AM »
I went so hard getting an entry level job in a new field I forgot to apply for grad school. Maybe now that i've got a skillset and money coming in I can actually plan something out + how to pay for it and fit classes into my life. I had a gnarly scholarship for undergrad so I can get caught up in unrealistic dreams, like going Ivy or something. My partner's 50k in the hole from a top-level teaching program and they regret it sometimes
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24689 on: September 13, 2022, 06:57:34 AM »
Memphis has made national news multiple times this week for horrific shit. First a billionaire’s heir was kidnapped and murdered, a man jumped off the Mississippi bridge, some dude went around and shot 5 fucking people last night and finally was brought into custody around 8pm when it started at 4:30pm.

I fucking love my city, but goddamn I can’t stand seeing this shit. I need a vacation.

Wow didn’t hear about that billionaires heir thing.  Guess it got a little overshadowed in the news cycle