Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1897892 times)

Seventyfrigginseven

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22200 on: April 28, 2020, 12:44:02 PM »
Finally got nice weather in the frozen artic hell I live in, so I brought my 1/4 pipe and my flatbar out in my street. Then I proceeded to break one of my little piggy toes 20 minutes into it. Yay.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22201 on: April 28, 2020, 07:00:26 PM »
Expand Quote
I really need to stop drinking again. I have too much of a taste for whiskey and it’s showing.
I’m still young, not even 26, but after stopping for about three years and jumping back in head first...it’s making me less than stoked.
[close]

Have you thought about trying naltrexone?
Never heard of it, to be honest. I’m going to do a little research on it.
I just get progressively sloppier. I’m a happy, goofy drunk but I can’t keep drinking liquor every single night. I’ve lost too many family members to the drink.

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #22202 on: April 30, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really need to stop drinking again. I have too much of a taste for whiskey and it’s showing.
I’m still young, not even 26, but after stopping for about three years and jumping back in head first...it’s making me less than stoked.
[close]

[close]
I just get progressively sloppier. I’m a happy, goofy drunk but I can’t keep drinking liquor every single night. I’ve lost too many family members to the drink.

Im pretty much the same, my problem is though i find it hard just to have a couple drinks and call it, once im on the train its hard to get off and the next day i get the shitty hangover...its not good but it could be worse, few people in my family turn into bitter angry dicks when they drink but theres obviously more going on there, im glad that isnt in me

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Yu Dum

« Reply #22203 on: April 30, 2020, 07:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Im pretty much the same, my problem is though i find it hard just to have a couple drinks and call it, once im on the train its hard to get off and the next day i get the shitty hangover...its not good but it could be worse, few people in my family turn into bitter angry dicks when they drink but theres obviously more going on there, im glad that isnt in me
Yeah, that’s my problem as well. I can’t seem to know when to stop. I guess that’s the result of living in a culture of excess.

Banned from the room

« Reply #22204 on: May 01, 2020, 10:00:53 AM »
I thought it was April fool's day.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #22205 on: May 01, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »
So my work was supposed to mail out my paycheck on Friday the 24th but they forgot to do so, i called to see why it hadnt arrived yet and they said they forgot to send it out but to make up for it they were going to overnight it through FedEx and it was supposed to come this morning sometime before 10:30. I was pissed but at least they had the decency to overnight it which made me feel slightly less pissed, I was just happy that I was finally going to get my check because I’m pretty much on my last few bucks. I wake up at 7am after just a few hrs of sleep with crazy stomach pains and had diarrhea from some food I ate the night before, dealt with that for an hr or two then went to lay down for a bit right next to my front door just so I could squeeze in a nap but also hear when the FedEx delivery person was knocking. I zone in and out of light sleep for a bit and then check my phone to see that it was already 10:30 and no one had shown up yet which I thought was weird. I put the tracking number in online and it said that the driver had swung by around 9:52am but no one was there. I open the door and sure enough there was a missed delivery note on my door. Either the delivery person didn’t knock at all or they did the softest knock ever cuz I didn’t hear shit and I was laying so close to the door that there’s no way I would’ve not heard it. It said I could either wait till Monday for another delivery attempt or pick it up at the designated facility that is on the slip; there was no designated facility address on the slip. So I call their customer service line to see if I can get info on where it was going to be and I had to wait for 45 minutes to an hour on hold before finally getting through to someone who let me know what facility it was going to be at; it’s one that’s pretty far from my pad and I only have between 6pm to 7pm to go get it. I also have band practice later tonight too and I really don’t want to go cuz we’re in the process of learning new songs and I really don’t feel like having to go through the annoyance of tediously practicing a bunch of new songs over and over and over until we get the songs down right but I  already told my bandmates I’d be there a few days back.

So a rundown of my situation: I was supposed to get my check but my work was late with sending it out so they overnighted it, only for me to have to go pick it up at one of their facilities, had to wait forever on hold to speak to someone to figure out where it was going only to figure out that it was going to be at a facility across town and I have only an hour long window to pick it up and it won’t even be till 6pm, and now I have to call out of a work shift just to make it on time and use money for an Uber to get there and back home (I don’t have a car) all because my work forgot to send me my check at the original date they should have in the first place. I haven’t been this upset and irritated in so long and I’m pretty much at my last straw right now. Tried to take a nap a lil bit ago cuz I’m still tired from not getting much sleep and I was so angry that I couldn’t even fall asleep. Forgot to add my stomach still feels all weird and upset too. Hands down the worst day I’ve had this whole year so far and it’s not even over yet.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #22206 on: May 01, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
A bunch of fucking injuries every single week in a streak. Shoulder, toe nail, and now lower back. Oh, well... lifting is pretty gay.

When I hurt my lower back, I stuck with this 15 minute routine and it really helped. Repetition is key. I hope it helps.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22207 on: May 01, 2020, 03:44:25 PM »
Some driving newbie girl rammed my parked car today because she mistook the Gas pedal for the brake.
She rammed my trunk and pushed my car into a planter and destroyed the front as well.
She went to the  police and left a note with her
Phone number. Her insurance is gonna pay for my repair, but it‘s just annoying dealing with it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:13:31 PM by pica »

Saint Coke

« Reply #22208 on: May 01, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »
I want to learn flip tricks but have no real interest in them. I kinda feel like a poser but I can ollie and do basic 180 tricks.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #22209 on: May 02, 2020, 01:27:26 AM »
Last year some dude conatcted me out of the blue to buy a board he saw hanging on my wall in an old insta post. i told him it want in great condition and it snot really for sale. he wanted it anyways. so i send him pictures of where its marked and shit. i couldnt ship it for a week cos i was working.. he then got inpatient and abusive so i cancelled the deal and kept my board.

last weekend he conatcts me again, apologises for being an asshole and offers to buy the board again so i agree against my better judgement.
he offerd 250 but i took 200 due to the damage on the board, I arrange for it to be sent asap. he is crazy persisitant and annoying about getting every detail about shipping and offering money out the ass to get it next day - i explain theres no way that he can get a board from scotland to florida overnight on a sunday. i must have gotten 100 messages from him last week

he got the board on thursday and he complains its scratched? like dude i told you it wasnt mint, you have pictures. he demanded a refund, i tried to talk to him but again hes an ashole so i block the guy.

i just got an email from paypal saying hes demanding a full refund. im pissed. this board was a gift that i didnt really want to part with but in the current situation were all in im in no place to turn down money, now if he gets his way im actually going to lose money as i paid for expidited shiping out of what he paid me.

fucking dick man.

411bandit

• Rep: -42
« Reply #22210 on: May 02, 2020, 03:43:47 AM »
I'm at my wits end for talking about skating to some random who use to skate, like you give a shit aside from regaling stories of someone I couldn't careless about.

All of slap then?

Yu Dum

« Reply #22211 on: May 02, 2020, 05:55:35 AM »
Currently shitting molten lava courtesy of the habanero peppers I put on my pizza last night.

Banned from the room

« Reply #22212 on: May 02, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

This is the look of a man who's feeling totally powerless.

So I totally fucking fucked up pay pal. I deleted the account boom. I start a third account bank card is attached to an account. Im like I deleted that account.

So I got to wait. Pay pal assistance don't understand the words I frickin type.

Im just going to check my board order and go cancel card. That sucks.

I need financial liberation. It's so fucking hard to deal with when the bank the ssi office and otherswon't talk to you w/o youre rep payee.

It difficult not to just throw it all away and go deeper into homelessness. Skate all the way to SF

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #22213 on: May 02, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »
Having been diagnosed with schizoeffective disorder as a angsty teenager, I've delayed seeking help till recently.  Now as I have a therapist and have done virtual therapy, I finally let down my guard let them in with thoughts of what I really feel. Holy shit!  I am a miserable person, not to others but to myself.

How do I build up confidence or self esteem when I view myself as scum? Or do I fester and just be the wet blanket?  I hate these feelings of inadequacy, I know I won't but sometimes suicide doesn't seem like a bad option just so I can escape these thoughts I have.

But why don't you reach out to a friend? Or you know that's an incredibly selfish thing to do?!  Why?! because from where I'm sitting it seems not a damn one of those I reach out to would reciprocate the same effort. 

I've tried to reach out to others beforehand it goes on deaf ears, including my wife.  Although I suspect it'd bum her out and would make her feel inadequate as well.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22214 on: May 02, 2020, 01:33:34 PM »
Having been diagnosed with schizoeffective disorder as a angsty teenager, I've delayed seeking help till recently.  Now as I have a therapist and have done virtual therapy, I finally let down my guard let them in with thoughts of what I really feel. Holy shit!  I am a miserable person, not to others but to myself.

How do I build up confidence or self esteem when I view myself as scum? Or do I fester and just be the wet blanket?  I hate these feelings of inadequacy, I know I won't but sometimes suicide doesn't seem like a bad option just so I can escape these thoughts I have.

But why don't you reach out to a friend? Or you know that's an incredibly selfish thing to do?!  Why?! because from where I'm sitting it seems not a damn one of those I reach out to would reciprocate the same effort. 

I've tried to reach out to others beforehand it goes on deaf ears, including my wife.  Although I suspect it'd bum her out and would make her feel inadequate as well.
Keep your head up mac.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #22215 on: May 02, 2020, 03:03:35 PM »
I started working out again over the last few weeks and this is the most out of shape I've ever felt. Gonna take a lot of self-motivation and will power to get over this hump. I'm 31 and feel like I'm 60.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #22216 on: May 02, 2020, 04:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Keep your head up mac.
Thanks dog, I mean it.

Banned from the room

« Reply #22217 on: May 02, 2020, 08:22:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Keep your head up mac.
[close]
Thanks dog, I mean it.

I was diagnosed like this. I know the feeling of hopelessness when the lows Hit.

I have found that the heavy bag and drums is a great way to deal with extreme stress.

I cry a bunch. People get shocked out about how easily I cry. Especially after a heavyskate session. That why I skate alone a bunch. I can't handle talking about the past or the pain of losing by birth right..

I just try to not be idle and focus on my stupid skate goals. Most of them mean nothing to others but to me it's all I give a fuck about for myself.

If you wanna talk about it you can message me sometime if you want.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22218 on: May 02, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Keep your head up mac.
[close]
Thanks dog, I mean it.
[close]

I was diagnosed like this. I know the feeling of hopelessness when the lows Hit.

I have found that the heavy bag and drums is a great way to deal with extreme stress.

I cry a bunch. People get shocked out about how easily I cry. Especially after a heavyskate session. That why I skate alone a bunch. I can't handle talking about the past or the pain of losing by birth right..

I just try to not be idle and focus on my stupid skate goals. Most of them mean nothing to others but to me it's all I give a fuck about for myself.

If you wanna talk about it you can message me sometime if you want.
I love u

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22219 on: May 03, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
So my work was supposed to mail out my paycheck on Friday the 24th but they forgot to do so,
Who the fuck still mails out paper checks? Get direct deposit.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22220 on: May 03, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »
This is the most i’ve weighed since I had knee surgery.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22221 on: May 04, 2020, 01:30:49 PM »
...but your knee is still holding it.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22222 on: May 05, 2020, 08:00:04 PM »
Having a hard time at the moment. Im super pissed but hurt and depressed at the same time. I know this is immature to do but I'm having a hard time not cutting myself or beating the shit out of something. I feel so used, so alone. I've been seeing this trans girl, I know she cares and is genuine, but she's flakey. Invited her to skate tomorrow but idek if she'll show up. Decided to drug myself to sleep. Cutting myself is the only thing that reminds me that it's all in my head. Sometimes I hear my mind fighting with it self.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #22223 on: May 05, 2020, 09:55:31 PM »
Having a hard time at the moment. Im super pissed but hurt and depressed at the same time. I know this is immature to do but I'm having a hard time not cutting myself or beating the shit out of something. I feel so used, so alone. I've been seeing this trans girl, I know she cares and is genuine, but she's flakey. Invited her to skate tomorrow but idek if she'll show up. Decided to drug myself to sleep. Cutting myself is the only thing that reminds me that it's all in my head. Sometimes I hear my mind fighting with it self.

I would highly recommend researching therapy. The greatest self harm you’re doing to yourself right now is trying to defeat whatever you’re going through on your own.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22224 on: May 06, 2020, 06:07:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would highly recommend researching therapy. The greatest self harm you’re doing to yourself right now is trying to defeat whatever you’re going through on your own.
I have one but due to the whole covid thing I can't see her.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #22225 on: May 06, 2020, 07:25:36 AM »
This isn't the most I've weighed, that was a couple years ago working out and eating as much as possible every day. Thinking I was getting muscular but really just getting stronger and fat for the first time in my life. That being said this is probably the laziest I've been and pretty out of shape. Since moving I maybe get more steps in through the day because I'm actually in a big house that requires some walking to get to the kitchen and shit, but I have hardly done anything physical. Walked the dog. Take a few walks. Bought a jump rope last week could barely last 5 minutes with breaks but I will keep at. Up until like 3 weeks ago the first month of working from home I was doing a ton of bodyweight squats and pushups but got lazy.

Luckily my sister got a circular saw for my birthday and I will be building a box. Wish this corona virus shit wasn't going on. Since I moved home there are a ton of younger kids in the neighborhood that actually skate. One kid has a super waxed curb that reminds me of mine growing up. Would be great to just bring the box out and let whoever come session it that rolls by like back in the day but everyone is super cautious. Since people are getting so fed up being inside I see so many kids out riding bikes and shit. It feels like when I was young. I'm always on the porch drinking coffee or smoking or something so it's cool to see. Maybe I could just make the box 6ft long so we make sure we keep distance lol. I do notice though that the groups of kids are pretty much just like brothers and sisters or very close because they will see the other groups of kids and just wave because they have to keep their distance.

My birthday was a little over week ago. And I'm sitting outside with my girlfriend when all these cars come by. It was our neighbor's daughters sweet 16, same birthdate. All these people drove by honking and waving to her and dropping off gifts since they couldn't come in. It was really sweet and cool to see, made me feel good about my birthday lol. Kind of a bummer. That girl, myself, and another kid directly across from us all had birthdays in the past couple weeks and couldn't do shit.

I moved 2 months ago and only skated 1 time so far. First it was too cold, forgot how cold it gets just 30 min from my old place in the desert, when I got here and my bushings wouldn't even turn, feet hurt. Now its warming up though and I'm gonna make a box. I'm wondering if my bearings were moving slower because of the cold as well. Anyone in cold climates know about this? I felt like I was pushing so damn hard. Might need new wheels and bearings. I've had my conical fulls for over 2 years now but only skated heavy for like 6 months total over that time. Maybe they have lost their rebound. Also I have some super shitty bearings so if I'm building a box and getting wheels I will probably splurge for the first time on some swiss bearings.

Oh yeah, one last thing I'm not stoked on. I'm working from home which is cool but today the state is auditing us and I am one of the people that has to deal with these assholes. They are going to have to listen in as I call a couple customers and make sure I do everything perfect. But I ain't trippin, just cutting into the time I usually use to play call of duty when I should be working.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:29:46 AM by 50mm »

Yu Dum

« Reply #22226 on: May 06, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »
Hurt my back trying to load a motorcycle onto a trailer this morning that a guy was picking up out of pawn. Shit was well over 1000 pounds.

Banned from the room

« Reply #22227 on: May 06, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

There goes my homie Mike Kolby into the waterside cemetery in Marblehead
No one but people who worked there was allowed in further than this wall.
We grew up skating in this place. We lived end of Jersey St as kids.
I was part time post my folks divorce.

It sucks my stupid fucking neighbors were just shouting about golf and freedom and blah as I was posting this shit.

I said shut the fuck up you might as well beat people with yourself with a golf club. That is not me at all.

I don't wanna be mean to the neighbors that's a no no. Fucking up damnit.

It sucks that these people don't believe in the fucking c19

that's my friend going into a box because he got put in jail for the long weekend
his parents didn't even get to see him when he got sick

Fucked this is so fucking fucked

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22228 on: May 06, 2020, 08:18:49 PM »
lost my job yesterday. shit sucks.👎🏻
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22229 on: May 08, 2020, 07:17:13 AM »
Woke up in my head again. Can't catch a break with depression.