Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880801 times)

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24900 on: January 04, 2023, 02:28:09 PM »
That’s real rough, sorry to hear about your cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24901 on: January 04, 2023, 03:10:44 PM »
@Sizzle my condolences, RIP luis

@matt_2993 i always hate when i hear about things like this, i'm sorry dude.

sending out positive vibes to everyone else struggling <3

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #24902 on: January 04, 2023, 03:25:38 PM »
People really need to fuck off with using all the same internet lingo

"______________ and I'm here for it"

"_______ best life"

"_____ is a vibe"

Rizz is the new one.   I miss the days when slang just stayed local and everyone didn’t try to adopt en masse

Same with music (as a comedian pointed out there’s no need to put Running Up that Hill to your smoothie making video)

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #24903 on: January 05, 2023, 11:34:26 PM »
how expensive housing is if you want to live on your own...

im younger than most people on here and looking at moving out for the first time... 1000/mo for a prison cell studio apt with a mini fridge, and shared washrooms for the whole building. 1400+ for anything more than that. guess im going to be banished to a basement suite with some homies

boogs

« Reply #24904 on: January 06, 2023, 07:22:11 AM »

Really sucks having a pet when you're approaching the end side.
yeah it fucking does! having to make the decision to put my cat Miles down was one of the hardest things i've had to do. i never knew what kind of responsibility i was undertaking by picking him up off the side of the sidewalk 17 years prior. i will never have another animal because of the heartbreak i felt and stilll feel 5 years later. now i just give all the animals that i come across in life all the love i have to give.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24905 on: January 06, 2023, 01:06:10 PM »
im at the peak physical condition where my legs and feet fall asleep if i sit on the toilet too long
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #24906 on: January 06, 2023, 01:07:47 PM »
Best friend just called me up bummed out and crying because he just lost his job due to drinking on the job (bar gig). Apparently they have him on film drinking a bunch of gin and whiskey and not paying yet he says it never happened.

This is the 2nd time in less than 3 years he loses his job and “somehow” booze is involved.

I love the guy to death but I’m sick and tired of him blaming everything/everyone but his rampant alcoholism for his problems. The guy’s in his mid 30’s and has been drinking non stop heavily since he was 18.

I don’t even know what to do or say to him anymore, it’s fucking exhausting.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:08:30 PM by TheBoognish »

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24907 on: January 06, 2023, 08:41:43 PM »
This afternoon I got a “thanks for applying but we went in a different direction” email back 35 minutes after I sent in an application, hu h which including an online portfolio, for video editing / content creation work.

I responded:

“Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate getting a response on my job application, and such a prompt one too! I’m just a little bit curious as to how did you came to the conclusion that I was not a fit for your company in under an hour?

No hard feelings, I’d just like to know so I don’t waste anyone’s 35 minutes in the future.”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

LUGR

• Rep: 45
« Reply #24908 on: January 06, 2023, 08:55:26 PM »
This afternoon I got a “thanks for applying but we went in a different direction” email back 35 minutes after I sent in an application, hu h which including an online portfolio, for video editing / content creation work.

I responded:

“Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate getting a response on my job application, and such a prompt one too! I’m just a little bit curious as to how did you came to the conclusion that I was not a fit for your company in under an hour?

No hard feelings, I’d just like to know so I don’t waste anyone’s 35 minutes in the future.”

That is frustrating. They probably already hired somebody for the position and that was the easiest canned response to send to check the box that all applicants were contacted.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24909 on: January 07, 2023, 01:53:54 AM »
how expensive housing is if you want to live on your own...

im younger than most people on here and looking at moving out for the first time... 1000/mo for a prison cell studio apt with a mini fridge, and shared washrooms for the whole building. 1400+ for anything more than that. guess im going to be banished to a basement suite with some homies

I feel this. I feel like I'll be sharing housing until I'm in my 50's at this rate. Shared housing instability has crushed my soul but it's the only thing affordable.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #24910 on: January 12, 2023, 11:16:36 AM »
Noisy neighbors. Fucking plague.

Also agree with the high prices. If you don’t wanna live in a old ass appartment with paper walls/ceiling where you hear your insane neighbors and their kids going crazy all day and night, you either have to find someone to live with or pay insane money. And I’m definitely not going to live with some random person. Fuck me, I need to make more money. Funny enough I work in real estate development but can’t afford the shit we plan…
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 11:24:18 AM by Sick_McCrank_ »
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #24911 on: January 12, 2023, 11:39:26 AM »

I responded:

Sounds like they’re using application tracking software. It scans your application/resume looking for key words and if its missing certain criteria it will send an auto-rejection letter. It’s super fucking frustrating.

thebacker

« Reply #24912 on: January 12, 2023, 11:45:14 AM »
i have not been stoked on skating in a long time and am not stoked on that feeling

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #24913 on: January 12, 2023, 07:46:30 PM »
My significant other beat the fuck out of me and now I have a badly split open lip and it's hard to eat and talk with this big flap sticking out in my mouth. She doesn't even remember doing it and still refuses to believe she has a problem with alcohol. There are lots of other bad things going on but too personal / incriminating to even get into. They are all more or less related to this incident though in one way or another. I've really been trying to stop or cut back on drinking significantly in the new year but it's not going well.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #24914 on: January 12, 2023, 09:36:34 PM »
My significant other beat the fuck out of me and now I have a badly split open lip and it's hard to eat and talk with this big flap sticking out in my mouth. She doesn't even remember doing it and still refuses to believe she has a problem with alcohol. There are lots of other bad things going on but too personal / incriminating to even get into. They are all more or less related to this incident though in one way or another. I've really been trying to stop or cut back on drinking significantly in the new year but it's not going well.

I hope you can get out of that Steely.

I was in a 8 year long abusive relationship (married for 4). I drank heavily to cope with it and he was fine enabling that by always making sure there was booze in the house. It kept me complacent enough to stay with him and not do the things I had to do to become independent. It started off as a maybe once a year thing where there would be physical violence but by 2020 it was happening frequently. I stayed with him even after he decked me so hard in the face that most of my jaw swelled and bruised and I had to go into work and say some cliche “tripped and fell on a door knob” excuse.

Getting out was hard and it wouldn’t have happened if I didnt reach out to some close friends of mine who lived far the fuck away from where I was at. Not everyone has that luxury but I would urge you to reach out to someone and see if you could stay with them for a bit (preferably someone as disconnected as possible with your partner/mutual friends). Time away to feel safe or comfortable can help you get some perspective on the situation.

If you want to talk please send me a message.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #24915 on: January 13, 2023, 08:16:21 PM »
Set up a new deck less than a week ago, rolled into a deep puddle at the park. I was having a terrible time and was just staying out of obligation because the session felt like such a waste of time. Wanted to cry walking home, thankfully have the exact same shape as my last one but i don’t want to spend money on a new one for a while. Bummer

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24916 on: January 13, 2023, 08:25:44 PM »

I responded:

I'm sure you know this, and I feel for you, but the days of employers feeling the decency or obligation to give candidates reasons for rejection is long gone. And it's sad. Idk how we got here.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #24917 on: January 13, 2023, 09:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote

I responded:

[close]

I'm sure you know this, and I feel for you, but the days of employers feeling the decency or obligation to give candidates reasons for rejection is long gone. And it's sad. Idk how we got here.

Ya, it's great.  I interviewed last summer at a place and at the end they were basically telling me that I was a great candidate, gave me the boss's and HR's business cards, "we'll get a hold of you by the end of the week".  Sent an email 7 days after the interview asking for an update and they acted like I was insane for asking.

I don't think it's too much to ask to send a stock email with my name added in saying I wasn't picked to move forward or something.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #24918 on: January 14, 2023, 02:48:49 PM »
i was just thinking about this when reading this "dream backyard skate spots" thread and became unstoked. skateboarding consumed my life from 13 to around 31. im talking every single day, every single thought. was never good enough to be sponsored but filmed local videos w some of the best while also being able to "keep up" whenever we went out skating. worked at a shop for most of my 20s. travelled the country visiting all the cool places and was semi connected to the industry through the shop job.

around 30 i went through a bad breakup and around 31 had some injuries where i couldnt skate. i havent really skated again in 4 years. i keep up. i think about it non stop. play the video games. but now im just like "i dunno if i will ever skate again". every few weeks i talk about buying a new setup and skating around some with friends and girlfriend but at this point its almost embarrassing or anxiety preventing me from doing it. i wont be able to progress past where i was. probably could still skate at the same level or close to it, but it almost doesnt seem fun anymore.

such a bummer feeling. i hope that i can have a day soon where it all clicks and im near the shop, have some spare money, buy a complete and get the bug again. but the friends i want to skate with are all older/barely have time to skate/moved away. im going to feel super awkward skating in front of anyone for a few months. blah.

thanks for letting me rant. getting old is weird. but im only 35 and i know i could probably squeeze in another decade of low impact/fun stuff if i could just find that spark. i cant be the only one, right? :)

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #24919 on: January 14, 2023, 09:00:49 PM »
Haven't had any serious work for like 2 months at this point. Anyone else in construction feeling the pinch right now?
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

johnny radcakes

• Rep: -1
« Reply #24920 on: January 16, 2023, 03:42:49 PM »
kid i know lost an eye. spraypaint can exploded, i didn't know that was even a possibility short of throwing it in a fire.
car troubles. tim pool was doing nollie gazelles and forward flips at Pulaski Park and more than that, people are referring it as 'freedom plaza'. that's like calling EMB 'justin herman'. or LOVE 'JFK Plaza'.

thebacker

« Reply #24921 on: January 16, 2023, 04:49:05 PM »
kid i know lost an eye. spraypaint can exploded, i didn't know that was even a possibility short of throwing it in a fire.
car troubles. tim pool was doing nollie gazelles and forward flips at Pulaski Park and more than that, people are referring it as 'freedom plaza'. that's like calling EMB 'justin herman'. or LOVE 'JFK Plaza'.
When I was madddd young I watched this dude catch razor tail to the eye after airing off this quarter pipe and another dude was walking up the ramp he was landing on. I’m pretty sure he lost that eye, and I was most definitely NOT stoked.

johnny radcakes

• Rep: -1
« Reply #24922 on: January 16, 2023, 05:15:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
When I was madddd young I watched this dude catch razor tail to the eye after airing off this quarter pipe and another dude was walking up the ramp he was landing on. I’m pretty sure he lost that eye, and I was most definitely NOT stoked.
that's brutal! i diddn't see this one, just told about it. dude was a ripper, maybe he still can once he figures depth perception. who was that guy, sheldon melenski or something? zero ripper w/ a patch.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #24923 on: January 16, 2023, 05:34:38 PM »
Today I had a conversation with my girlfriend about psychological issues and how to overcome them.
While talking about the source of different problems I mentioned the death of my friends, 4 friends that died in in a time span of 4 years. 2 by suicide, 1 by murder and the last one because of health issues. I told her that I'm over it and worked it out and I really did believe so.
But now I lay here in bed and I feel kinda lost.. Can't sleep, thinking about them and how I miss my homies.
I basically have no real friends left. I think I lied to myself and her too.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

thebacker

« Reply #24924 on: January 16, 2023, 06:05:44 PM »
Today I had a conversation with my girlfriend about psychological issues and how to overcome them.
While talking about the source of different problems I mentioned the death of my friends, 4 friends that died in in a time span of 4 years. 2 by suicide, 1 by murder and the last one because of health issues. I told her that I'm over it and worked it out and I really did believe so.
But now I lay here in bed and I feel kinda lost.. Can't sleep, thinking about them and how I miss my homies.
Have you done/considered therapy?

Heshrat

• Rep: -2
« Reply #24925 on: January 16, 2023, 07:33:05 PM »
My lab is over 10 years old and seeing him get older and get weaker is hard, I love him so much. Love dogs man
I did your mom

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #24926 on: January 17, 2023, 04:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you done/considered therapy?
Yea I been through some institutions with groups and single therapy. They diagnosed me with ptsd and medium grade recurrent depressions. Had a burnout in 2018 too. I'm basically fine most of the time but I can't handle stress anymore. When thinks get stressful my brain kinda shuts down and the thoughts loop starts. Yesterday I think it was triggered by the conversation about my friends.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #24927 on: January 17, 2023, 05:01:55 AM »
Fucked up my foot yesterday playing basketball with colleagues from work.

Nothing is broken, but I felt some ligaments stretching an ungodly ammount. Im just waiting on the ER right now. Had my x ray, but I hope they give me an MRI so I can see the ligaments and if they are OK.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24928 on: January 19, 2023, 01:24:44 PM »
When I rose from the table with a cup of tea in my hand I stepped on my houseshoe and twisted my ankle, fell, spilled tea over my home office chair and sprinkled my vinyl collection. So it seems I can skate without twisting my limbs but am too stupid to get up from a chair.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24929 on: January 20, 2023, 03:35:43 PM »
when is 2020 going to end. fr.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)