Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3069560 times)

froufroufox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42810 on: September 06, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
finally feel like i’m in love with the act of skateboarding again and it’s great. i quit about 5 years ago due to various health issues and have tried to get back into it a few different times since then but could never get past those first few weeks/months where you’re just a shell of what you once were and it’s frustrating & depressing.

decided to stick it with this time and after a couple of months, i’m starting to feel comfortable again on the board and re-learning old tricks! i’m 25-30 lbs heavier than i once was & get winded a lot easier so that’s been hard but i’m honestly feeling like every session feels better & lasts longer than the prior. think i’m shedding some of that weight as well. v stoked :-)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #42811 on: September 07, 2021, 03:53:44 AM »
some dumbass with aviators on a longboard swerving around high5ing people. shits pathetic. support unit lmao

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #42812 on: September 07, 2021, 06:55:05 AM »
Got the utilities turned on at the new place today. Starting the moving process tomorrow and finishing Sunday.  ;D
Congrats dude! Hope you've been doing good!

I'm pretty stoked on life and glad I am where I am at this point in it. My house is work provided but hard to get to. You have to do some actual off-roading to get to it and driving my Honda Accord up and down the road has been such a hassle the past 6 months. It made things stressful because it takes a long time in a car like that, and it just makes getting out feel like such a chore. I bought a 2017 wrangler 2 door a few weeks ago and am so in love with it. I've never been a big car guy, I used to work on my old ones a lot a decade ago when I had a garage to work in, but not so much since. I find myself excited to do maintenance on the Jeep. For one its tall enough that I can get under it without a jack, and 2, just the way it's built is great for getting into more advanced auto repair/modifications. I had been looking for a 4WD/AWD vehicle for months, it was looking like I was going to get a Subaru but I just hate the look and really didn't want AWD. Never thought of Jeep even though we have dozens drive by to go up the Canyon every day, I knew nothing about them. Took a trip to Colorado 2 months ago and got bumped up to a Wrangler on our rental for free and I fell in love with it. I got a 2 door and the small wheel base is so sick. We've driven some OHV trails and had a ton of fun. I don't really want to do a bunch of mods, but I live right next to some of the largest OHV areas in the country and would like to do a small lift so I can unlock the sway bars and get a little better ride when I get off road.

Fhk

« Reply #42813 on: September 07, 2021, 07:07:17 AM »
I just qualified for my Medical card. It was quick and easy. I am excited to start experimenting with some local dispensary's.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #42814 on: September 07, 2021, 03:52:56 PM »
Bought the coolest water bottle I’ve ever had.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #42815 on: September 07, 2021, 03:53:21 PM »
As I was leaving a curb I prepped and skate regularly, some kids showed up to skate it.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Fhk

« Reply #42816 on: September 07, 2021, 04:12:23 PM »
As I was leaving a curb I prepped and skate regularly, some kids showed up to skate it.
Hell ya! I hope they respect your time and effort and keep the spot clean

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42817 on: September 07, 2021, 10:40:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Got the utilities turned on at the new place today. Starting the moving process tomorrow and finishing Sunday.  ;D
[close]

I'm pretty stoked on life and glad I am where I am at this point in it. My house is work provided but hard to get to. You have to do some actual off-roading to get to it and driving my Honda Accord up and down the road has been such a hassle the past 6 months. It made things stressful because it takes a long time in a car like that, and it just makes getting out feel like such a chore. I bought a 2017 wrangler 2 door a few weeks ago and am so in love with it. I've never been a big car guy, I used to work on my old ones a lot a decade ago when I had a garage to work in, but not so much since. I find myself excited to do maintenance on the Jeep. For one its tall enough that I can get under it without a jack, and 2, just the way it's built is great for getting into more advanced auto repair/modifications. I had been looking for a 4WD/AWD vehicle for months, it was looking like I was going to get a Subaru but I just hate the look and really didn't want AWD. Never thought of Jeep even though we have dozens drive by to go up the Canyon every day, I knew nothing about them. Took a trip to Colorado 2 months ago and got bumped up to a Wrangler on our rental for free and I fell in love with it. I got a 2 door and the small wheel base is so sick. We've driven some OHV trails and had a ton of fun. I don't really want to do a bunch of mods, but I live right next to some of the largest OHV areas in the country and would like to do a small lift so I can unlock the sway bars and get a little better ride when I get off road.

@50mm haven't seen you in a hot minute, good to hear your new job is taking your life in interesting directions.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42818 on: September 08, 2021, 06:25:59 AM »
food

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42819 on: September 08, 2021, 07:11:38 AM »
boxes  8)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42820 on: September 08, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »
rarely bother with melee but finally got the no hunting frying pan in the vidya game

Fhk

« Reply #42821 on: September 08, 2021, 04:18:03 PM »
Im dealing with a really bad cold right now but i still managed to do a bunch of lil Dre switch flips in a row today.
This claim belongs in the "post your skating" thread  ;)

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #42822 on: September 08, 2021, 07:34:15 PM »

made this thought i'd share

nothing's been the since same

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #42823 on: September 08, 2021, 07:50:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

@50mm haven't seen you in a hot minute, good to hear your new job is taking your life in interesting directions.
Thanks dude it's been super fun but summer has been gnarly. Really haven't paid attention to much lately in the news let alone skateboarding so I haven't had much to say. That being said, will probably be getting a new deck soon as the temps change and I have better transportation to the skatepark down the hill. Also saw some rough layouts that I guess Spohn Ranch made, they might re-do that park so that would be sick. It's been here a minimum of 20 years and has always suck, but they at least have a flat bar. They have an odd mini ramp that is also kind of huge and skinny, but they might put in a little bowl which would be perfect for me. Really need to step on a board because I have gotten in crazy shape at work the past 9 months.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42824 on: September 08, 2021, 08:32:03 PM »
Night out with my brother and 2 friends, haven't meet them without the spouses or kids in over a year. Nursing a bad hangover now but it was worth it to shoot the shit with them. I was pretty shit faced afterwards and my best friend walked me home (20 minutes), he's dealing with a separation / divorce but is in a better place now.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:36:25 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42825 on: September 09, 2021, 10:25:38 AM »
when the elderly get stoked about skating

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #42826 on: September 09, 2021, 05:07:09 PM »
Watching China, IL with my daughter and cracking up.

Edit: merlot+crackers+brie
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:17:44 PM by layzieyez »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #42827 on: September 09, 2021, 06:19:42 PM »
Home Movies is on HBO Max, it's amazing
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #42828 on: September 10, 2021, 11:25:08 AM »
Home Movies is on HBO Max, it's amazing

Yeah they just added Venture Bros too which I promptly rewatched

Fhk

« Reply #42829 on: September 11, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »

My friend who I haven't seen in 10 years came up to visit. I took his sxs for a fast trail ride, had some early morning beers and caught up on life. So much fun

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #42830 on: September 11, 2021, 11:47:44 AM »
I got 67 cans of montana blacks as a gift plus shitloads of all kinds of caps.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #42831 on: September 11, 2021, 06:42:00 PM »
found a used shaped deck at the local curb spot, it’s in pretty good condition just gotta regrip it

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #42832 on: September 11, 2021, 08:33:56 PM »
Back at the crib seen old mate blue tongue lizard big fucker he’s been here at least 20 years gave the cunt the tip of a raw t bone and some lettuce cunts loving it

Dogs got him spooked so I been sorta passing it into his crawlspace in the fence and I can hear him eating it

Edit

You can just see his body he’s gone now he’s had enough to eat
They’re very shy

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:41:27 PM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

Banned from the room

« Reply #42833 on: September 12, 2021, 11:25:45 PM »
I was fucking up back 80 Fakie Manny from set up.

Seems I gotta have my feet closer together now I'm old or I will not be able to stay head over truck 

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #42834 on: September 13, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »
My favorite local burrito spot just got their alcohol license. Just had a Victoria with my steak burrito. My wife and I were actually the first people to buy beer from them, although that was just a result of us stopping in when they opened Monday morning because Mexican sounded good.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42835 on: September 13, 2021, 01:10:52 PM »
getting paid to work with the kids is where it's at.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42836 on: September 13, 2021, 05:34:26 PM »
the fact that idiots really pay 30something dollars for a bike delivery meal received late with soggyass fries in plastic

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #42837 on: September 13, 2021, 05:52:16 PM »
That shit is the biggest joke ay, full splurged a few times last week and it wasn’t even good
When you add it up you’re fully kidding yourself, you get so much more in ingredients at Aldi and it’s actually nice
listen to cosmic psychos

Fhk

« Reply #42838 on: September 14, 2021, 05:56:41 AM »

Pretty happy to be part of this project (two of us). Hard gawddamn work but fucking fun.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42839 on: September 14, 2021, 08:30:12 AM »
That shit is the biggest joke ay, full splurged a few times last week and it wasn’t even good
When you add it up you’re fully kidding yourself, you get so much more in ingredients at Aldi and it’s actually nice
shit makes me laugh everytime. probably like eating cheese slices out of a microwave with the wrap on