Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3072288 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41460 on: April 08, 2020, 03:50:15 AM »
Heard a song that reminded me of a TV show I saw and never finished. Sadly, I looked it up and found out it was only a season long but... someone uploaded it online. Needless to say, it's nice to finally watch it and the ending of the season isn't disappointing.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41461 on: April 08, 2020, 06:38:16 AM »
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is on Hulu.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #41462 on: April 08, 2020, 06:41:02 AM »
7 years sober today.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41463 on: April 08, 2020, 09:31:50 AM »
7 years sober today.
Right on, man. <3 Proud for you.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #41464 on: April 08, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
now I know what I'm doing with my evening

also congrats iKobraKai! That's huge.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41465 on: April 08, 2020, 10:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
now I know what I'm doing with my evening

also congrats iKobraKai! That's huge.
Get a lil whiskey buzz going and that shit will have you on the floor laughing.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #41466 on: April 08, 2020, 10:23:16 AM »
Thanks to all, y'all!

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
« Reply #41467 on: April 08, 2020, 10:46:28 AM »
Most of my work revolves around live-streaming. During this whole social distancing thing, I've been inundated with work at home to connect people who typically did in-person events/meetings. For each event, we use a series of graphics to overlay on the live-video. Names, job descriptions, titles, etc.

I suck at graphic design and cringe at the thought of every time I have to make them from scratch. Given where I work, we have to re-brand almost everything and it all lacks continuity. Also, I'd get most of the information needed (names, titles etc.) either the day of or on my way to an event. I can't even count how many times I've created graphics on an airplane just to land and learn the stakeholder needed to change everything and I had 2 hours to make 100+ new designs.

Yesterday, my coworker in the EU made a cloud-based library on Premiere with a single point of truth for graphics. Lower thirds, count-down timers, Q&A, the whole 9 yards. It's extensive, aesthetically on point and super easy to work with.

Now, any time I have a live event, all I need to do is change the text and export for my live-stream service (using wirecast) and add in a layer. Once all this social distancing shit ends and I get back to using a studio, I can connect Premiere as an NDI source and change the text in real-time for live playback, so 0 exports needed.

I don't know who this will make sense to or if anyone will care but it's revolutionary for both my stress levels and work flow.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41468 on: April 08, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »
Thanks to all, y'all!

I want to kook you to get your rep back to -666 but know I'm doing it out of love. Congrats!

Yu Dum

« Reply #41469 on: April 08, 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
Peppermint herbal tea is saving my life right now. All the stress from the unknown has had my stomach in knots since this pandemic started.

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41470 on: April 10, 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
Pizza Friday.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Saint Coke

« Reply #41471 on: April 10, 2020, 11:58:52 AM »
Snapped my flip and now I bought a deathwish. Always wanted to try one and now I can.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41472 on: April 10, 2020, 02:10:36 PM »
Stoked you're no longer skating something that's pure shit, SC. Deathwish boards are pretty good iirc.

Stoked that it's pizza and movie night at the house.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #41473 on: April 10, 2020, 07:45:48 PM »
7 years sober today.

Congrats. I'm happy for you.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #41474 on: April 11, 2020, 03:12:21 AM »
Expand Quote
7 years sober today.
[close]

Congrats. I'm happy for you.

yeah, i second that, big ups!

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41475 on: April 11, 2020, 06:45:35 AM »
Randomly put an old bike frame down the side of my house up on Gumtree last night (Big Ripper) to see if it'd sell and it went this arvo for $220 bucks.

"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1510
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41476 on: April 11, 2020, 08:50:21 AM »
Listening to opera in HD audio. Verdi Arias this morning. Yesterday morning was Berlioz La damnation de Faust.

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #41477 on: April 11, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »
My girlfriend might be the best person I have ever encountered. Loves me to death, puts up with my shit, thinks I'm funny, down to help me financially, actively encourages me to try out new hobbies and supports me with them, and she's a freak in bed.

Literally my dream girl. I'm 100% trying to marry this chick and could not be more stoked on a person.

Saint Coke

« Reply #41478 on: April 11, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »
Stoked you're no longer skating something that's pure shit, SC. Deathwish boards are pretty good iirc.

Stoked that it's pizza and movie night at the house.
I bought it to support Lance. And yeah I've heard good things about them, Got a Jamie Foy board and I think he's rad. Congrats to Kobra for being sober!

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41479 on: April 11, 2020, 04:47:19 PM »
each week since ive quit smoking ive been putting the money id normally spend on smokes in a jar in my living room so i can kinda see the process and feel good about saving money, not sure how much is in there at the moment but its gotta be over $500 which is pretty sweet

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #41480 on: April 12, 2020, 11:07:37 AM »
each week since ive quit smoking ive been putting the money id normally spend on smokes in a jar in my living room so i can kinda see the process and feel good about saving money, not sure how much is in there at the moment but its gotta be over $500 which is pretty sweet

Damn bro that's great. That's a ton of money and I'm super happy for you. Have you noticed a big difference in your lung capacity? Three days after quitting I started to notice a big difference and that's what kept me going for a long time. Really happy for you regardless.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41481 on: April 12, 2020, 04:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn bro that's great. That's a ton of money and I'm super happy for you. Have you noticed a big difference in your lung capacity? Three days after quitting I started to notice a big difference and that's what kept me going for a long time. Really happy for you regardless.

thanks man, honestly ive slipped every now and then, i havent bought a pack but a few times when ive been drinking ive bummed a smoke or two off someone but ive definitley broke all routines and most cravings, its a process but im on the right track

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1985
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41482 on: April 12, 2020, 07:09:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thanks man, honestly ive slipped every now and then, i havent bought a pack but a few times when ive been drinking ive bummed a smoke or two off someone but ive definitley broke all routines and most cravings, its a process but im on the right track

I think it's important to reward yourself once in a while with the money you saved on cigarettes, get yourself a board or some trucks if you got gear madness. Or put it in a bank. Either way, the reward helps keep you on the right track.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41483 on: April 12, 2020, 10:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I think it's important to reward yourself once in a while with the money you saved on cigarettes, get yourself a board or some trucks if you got gear madness. Or put it in a bank. Either way, the reward helps keep you on the right track.

Oh for sure, i probably would have put it toward a little getaway or something but looks like ill be locked down for a while, im due for a new board so that will be my first reward

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #41484 on: April 12, 2020, 11:19:01 PM »
Congrats!

We fumigated my house and I gifted my cousin a board. She left it behind and we thought it got stolen. Hiding Easter eggs I found it. It was left out and it’s built some rust but, the wheels and trucks can be saved.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #41485 on: April 13, 2020, 05:52:57 AM »
Last night Mike Park of Asian Man Records was doing a sort of IG Live Open Mic where he let randos join his live story and perform a song. I ended up getting on to play and the response was very sweet even though I can guarantee the audio sounded like ass on my phone. After I played I checked the comments and saw that Jeff Rosenstock (who's a bit of a musical hero to me) was in the feed watching in addition to Mike, who is also a musical hero to me. I wasn't having a very good day yesterday but I'm still feeling pretty good about that today. :)

doublesteveburger

« Reply #41486 on: April 13, 2020, 07:25:59 PM »
Last night Mike Park of Asian Man Records was doing a sort of IG Live Open Mic where he let randos join his live story and perform a song. I ended up getting on to play and the response was very sweet even though I can guarantee the audio sounded like ass on my phone. After I played I checked the comments and saw that Jeff Rosenstock (who's a bit of a musical hero to me) was in the feed watching in addition to Mike, who is also a musical hero to me. I wasn't having a very good day yesterday but I'm still feeling pretty good about that today. :)

No way! So rad, dude. This got** me hyped just now, haha.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:16:24 AM by doublesteveburger »

Banned from the room

« Reply #41487 on: April 13, 2020, 09:02:25 PM »

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41488 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:07 PM »
Assflea, I'm at a fork in the road between trusting you and not trusting you with a gun.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1985
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41489 on: April 13, 2020, 10:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No way! So rad, dude. This for me hyped just now, haha.

Must be sick to know one of your heroes was tuning in!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

old toys

Please tell me you named the gun Gunny.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m