Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3071016 times)

3D X-Ray Vision

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43350 on: March 12, 2022, 10:45:06 AM »
Finally took the 20+ year old mattress off of my bed and replaced it with a still used, but much newer jawn. The new mattress is a lot thinner so it's taking some getting used to being lower to the ground but laying on it feels heavenly. What a difference it makes when you're sleeping on memory foam as opposed to an old sack of lumps and busted springs. This is gonna do wonders for my lower back and less pain means more skating for lil old me

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #43351 on: March 12, 2022, 11:53:54 AM »
That’s epic, Freelance.

Stoked on going to First Choice and getting a really good hairdresser.  I have pretty bushy curly hair, which I’m attempting to grow out for the umpteenth time, and whenever I go for a maintenance trim I dunno what to ask for and it’s stressful for both me and the person cutting.  But this lady was super knowledgeable and educational about it.

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #43352 on: March 12, 2022, 12:16:31 PM »
I got of work and went to no comply to pick up some shit for the homie who lives in another state. Turns out they had a Heroin 9.25 symmetrical egg on the wall too, so I had to cop that.

SXSW is about to start up, and when I pulled up to the shop I was talking to a few of the homies and I asked why there was a huge crowd of people outside. It turns out Nora, Nicole Hause, Mimi Knoop, Alex White, and Lisa Whitaker we’re there for SXSW for a movie they were a part of.

So I went to no comply on a simple mission to spend $30 and I ended up dropping like $140, and by pure happenstance met two of current favorite transition skaters, and that was rad as hell.

Attached is proof.

That is rad! Good day for you.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #43353 on: March 12, 2022, 12:37:40 PM »
Holy shit @Freelancevagrant I'm so jelly! Look at you cuties.

Finally took the 20+ year old mattress off of my bed and replaced it with a still used, but much newer jawn. The new mattress is a lot thinner so it's taking some getting used to being lower to the ground but laying on it feels heavenly. What a difference it makes when you're sleeping on memory foam as opposed to an old sack of lumps and busted springs. This is gonna do wonders for my lower back and less pain means more skating for lil old me

Sweet! Hopefully your back feels less fucked, new mattress was a game-changer for us. We put the old mattress underneath the new one. Retained some of that fancy high bed aesthetic that's so hot right now.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #43354 on: March 12, 2022, 01:09:11 PM »
@Freelancevagrant

Were they fanning out on you, like, ‘oh shit, that’s freelance from the board.’?

It was nice of you to bless them with a selfie.

You better not show these to your wife. She’s not gonna let you out of the house by yourself anymore.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43355 on: March 12, 2022, 01:37:31 PM »
^Hahaha. Nicole has a cute smile

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #43356 on: March 13, 2022, 01:11:52 AM »
Saw some random clip on twitter of film director Joachim Trier saying he was a “Noeweigan Skatebaord Champion” on the late 80s.  Looked him up on YouTube expecting to find some standard jump ramp footage, and turns out he was some kind of early 90s late flip wizard? 

Makes we wonder how many former skate/skate industry people have made it as film directors?  Off the top of my head there’s Spike, Harmony Korine, Mike Mills, Tremaine (debatable), Trier…anyone else I’m missing?

Haha dude this is actually sick. Some of those flips are bonkers and he hucked some big sets for his day.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #43357 on: March 13, 2022, 04:29:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw some random clip on twitter of film director Joachim Trier saying he was a “Noeweigan Skatebaord Champion” on the late 80s.  Looked him up on YouTube expecting to find some standard jump ramp footage, and turns out he was some kind of early 90s late flip wizard? 

Makes we wonder how many former skate/skate industry people have made it as film directors?  Off the top of my head there’s Spike, Harmony Korine, Mike Mills, Tremaine (debatable), Trier…anyone else I’m missing?
[close]

Haha dude this is actually sick. Some of those flips are bonkers and he hucked some big sets for his day.

Wow, memory lane. Funny to see how the 91 part was closer to today‘s skating both with regards to tricks and fits, whereas the 92 part really represents the BPSW era. One exception: that wallride was probably quite illegal back then. 
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43358 on: March 13, 2022, 06:37:27 AM »
Homies and I found a little patch of concrete for a DIY, brought the flatbar and bench down for a skate. Scraped my hip pretty badly but it was a good time feeling like a kid again "liberating" spots.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #43359 on: March 13, 2022, 01:08:51 PM »
Appreciate the love homies! It was definitely one of the raddest skate related encounters I’ve ever had. Still juiced on it.

@GardenSkater77 there were whispers and hushed murmurs, “I think that’s the elusive giant, the blue blue collar pal, FLV.” I got kinda vibed out by a kid working there that I’d never seen, but my homie Dylan stepped in and saved the day.

I waited a while to show my wife, I wanted to surprise her and be like yo look who I met! She was stoked at first but was like, why were you gone for so long, how much money did you spend, so that’s all you did, you didn’t just “hang out and skate?!” Had some essplainin to do.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #43360 on: March 13, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »
Sold my 2013 Prius for $3600 more than I bought it for. Actually, I probably made closer to only $1k profit after taking into account maintenance over the last 2 years. Still though, good investment.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 743
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #43361 on: March 13, 2022, 07:18:35 PM »
Today is the first day in about a month and a half that I have been able to walk around normally without dealing with some serious ankle, or knee pain.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #43362 on: March 13, 2022, 10:18:51 PM »
Getting mad money back from the IRS since they done fucked up and never gave me my 2nd or 3rd stimmy checks, plus my 2021 tax return...moving into my own spot in the middle of downtown Columbia, SC and going back to school, transferring into USC once I wrap up my AA at Midlands Tech. As of now, I'm going for their media production program with a focus in videography, and my AA is in Business Management. Who knows where I'll end up, but I'm beyond stoked to get this ball rolling in my life. I've wasted over a decade since HS being a shitty junkie. I'm psyched to do something for once. Plus, college pussy.
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

Banned from the room

« Reply #43363 on: March 14, 2022, 01:13:07 PM »
Just got internet!!!!

I’m about to start reserving 2 hrs a day skate. Even if it’s just switch laps around the common.

My brother is home from prison!!! I can’t believe that.

I just gave him some indys and some wheels! Ventures will be later. I just spent two hrs explaining why not to buy a 7.5 to him.

My main reason is simple. It last longer it’s easier to catch. I can use it like a cane because I can’t walk regs.

Life is good.

I told him if he’s going craig then def go Malto go52?

I told him maybe go baker ar shape. I don’t think he understands woodshop lingo anymore

I’m going to go skate around Salem in about an hour

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43364 on: March 14, 2022, 07:02:21 PM »
Just got internet!!!!

I’m about to start reserving 2 hrs a day skate. Even if it’s just switch laps around the common.

My brother is home from prison!!! I can’t believe that.

I just gave him some indys and some wheels! Ventures will be later. I just spent two hrs explaining why not to buy a 7.5 to him.

My main reason is simple. It last longer it’s easier to catch. I can use it like a cane because I can’t walk regs.

Life is good.

I told him if he’s going craig then def go Malto go52?

I told him maybe go baker ar shape. I don’t think he understands woodshop lingo anymore

I’m going to go skate around Salem in about an hour

Also shops barely stock anything smaller than 8.0 these days, you'll be left with PP decks that feel horrible from day 1.

Go for any 8.0 which he's psyched on, Baker or Toy Machine if he's from that era.

Last week of work at my current place, spending all day shit posting on Slap and catching up on skate vids.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43365 on: March 14, 2022, 07:55:59 PM »
Getting mad money back from the IRS since they done fucked up and never gave me my 2nd or 3rd stimmy checks, plus my 2021 tax return...moving into my own spot in the middle of downtown Columbia, SC and going back to school, transferring into USC once I wrap up my AA at Midlands Tech. As of now, I'm going for their media production program with a focus in videography, and my AA is in Business Management. Who knows where I'll end up, but I'm beyond stoked to get this ball rolling in my life. I've wasted over a decade since HS being a shitty junkie. I'm psyched to do something for once. Plus, college pussy.

my man. good for you. I went back to college at 26 and it was sick
Support your local skate shop

Banned from the room

« Reply #43366 on: March 15, 2022, 09:52:49 AM »
I found my favorite piece of modded clothing.
Someone asked if they could smell it more than once. We laughed. Joe ACAB said that was bold!! Few times joe and I were talking about it. Young punks ask well let me smell it?!? Lol

Joe and I laugh. Power Violence straight edge crust kids are full tilt dirt fetish.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #43367 on: March 16, 2022, 04:12:48 PM »
I didn’t know they made red wine bottles with 19% that actually taste really good. Madness.

We love the things that hate us.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43368 on: March 16, 2022, 11:03:54 PM »
Disputed a charge with AirBnB and won. And, got the host kicked off the platform for being a piece of shit. Fucking stoked.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Banned from the room

« Reply #43369 on: March 17, 2022, 09:57:28 AM »

This is right by my house. I’m so frickin stoked. This is like the perfect set up. I’m too old to go over the block and into the street.

The ground is excellent. I can see lines.

Up the curb
on to the ledge
off the two stair (maybe a foot planted on the wall)
then hit the curb
End with a trick into the street.

I wish Salem was this dope in the 00s

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43370 on: March 17, 2022, 08:42:37 PM »
got a sweet little puppy. actually it's kind of a big little 10 week puppy. mom is a husky poppa is an akitaXshepherd. super cool little dog!

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #43371 on: March 18, 2022, 05:58:56 AM »
I’m sure you’ve heard my ramblings and stuff exwife and etc… well yesterday I finally made peace with my mom despite her being a bitch, I’m ok she’s not going to miss me. Which leads me to a fantastic situation, I got a car now.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #43372 on: March 18, 2022, 06:37:33 AM »
A friend of mine suffered two strokes back to back in early January and ended up spending 7 weeks in the hospital. 32 years old, perfect health and father of two young awesome kids.

Now, I’m not stoked at all about the fact he had to go through all this shit, in fact I was really down when I learned the news and had to take a few days off to process the whole thing. What I’m really stoked about is he’s finally home to his family.

I finally spoke to him last night and he’s pretty banged up, but he seemed in good spirits. His motor skills are slowly coming back. He’s been in rehab trying to re-learn how to walk and has been seeing a speech therapist as well since he has some trouble talking and sounds drunk when he talks. His left hand is kinda fucked but he’s not too worried about that for now.

He can finally use a walker on his own and so far doctors are super optmistic about him being able to walk and talk normally again. Bad shit, but all things considered, he got out of it relatively fine. His mind did not seem to have been affected, he can still use his head and he’s still one of the sharpest and funniest motherfuckers I know.

I’m just stoked he’s doing alright and back home to his kids.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43373 on: March 18, 2022, 09:44:58 AM »
A friend of mine suffered two strokes back to back in early January and ended up spending 7 weeks in the hospital. 32 years old, perfect health and father of two young awesome kids.

Now, I’m not stoked at all about the fact he had to go through all this shit, in fact I was really down when I learned the news and had to take a few days off to process the whole thing. What I’m really stoked about is he’s finally home to his family.

I finally spoke to him last night and he’s pretty banged up, but he seemed in good spirits. His motor skills are slowly coming back. He’s been in rehab trying to re-learn how to walk and has been seeing a speech therapist as well since he has some trouble talking and sounds drunk when he talks. His left hand is kinda fucked but he’s not too worried about that for now.

He can finally use a walker on his own and so far doctors are super optmistic about him being able to walk and talk normally again. Bad shit, but all things considered, he got out of it relatively fine. His mind did not seem to have been affected, he can still use his head and he’s still one of the sharpest and funniest motherfuckers I know.

I’m just stoked he’s doing alright and back home to his kids.

Very beautiful, my friend. Stroke seems to be very tough row to hoe. The late spiritual teacher Ram Dass had a stroke in the 90s and went on to continue teaching and putting out strong content for another 30 years. Inspiration move me brightly.....

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #43374 on: March 18, 2022, 12:31:40 PM »
Driving too Pitt to see my niece this weekend.  ;D Got her 2,000 legos and a Nintendo. My brother is going to hate me.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43375 on: March 18, 2022, 01:10:31 PM »
I’m sure you’ve heard my ramblings and stuff exwife and etc… well yesterday I finally made peace with my mom despite her being a bitch, I’m ok she’s not going to miss me. Which leads me to a fantastic situation, I got a car now.

congrats on getting a car. that's always like a whole level up.

Banned from the room

« Reply #43376 on: March 19, 2022, 10:08:08 AM »

host an image online

I’m pretty happy. I’m able to part with older decks. It’s tough because when I pick an old board up I have a rush of memories.

I’m going to just start leaving boards underneath the ledges at the park. My hope is to turn them on to traffic and hopps.

Way too much heart supply at my park

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #43377 on: March 19, 2022, 10:16:42 AM »

host an image online

I’m pretty happy. I’m able to part with older decks. It’s tough because when I pick an old board up I have a rush of memories.

I’m going to just start leaving boards underneath the ledges at the park. My hope is to turn them on to traffic and hopps.

Way too much heart supply at my park

Is that your new crib @Uncle Flea ? Looks very cozy!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #43378 on: March 19, 2022, 11:15:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

congrats on getting a car. that's always like a whole level up.
Thanks man I’m hyped, been going to some NA meetings as it’s set my head back. I see the goal and I’m just hyped on having this opportunity to cheris the process.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #43379 on: March 19, 2022, 01:19:03 PM »
Driving too Pitt to see my niece this weekend.  ;D Got her 2,000 legos and a Nintendo. My brother is going to hate me.
This is sick. I can't wait to buy my niece and nephew a bunch of toys and ice cream and cookies. I'm gonna get my niece one of those strider bikes with no pedals when she turns 2. My nephew hasn't even been born yet but I already love him.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?