Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285625 times)

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -33
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2220 on: March 01, 2023, 11:52:26 AM »
Icy hot is Cayenne lube. It's the worst, and doesn't feel anything remotely close to good

lilboosie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2221 on: March 01, 2023, 01:04:05 PM »
im so over microwaves. no matter which i use whatever instructions are on what i am preparing NEVER works. ill even add time and its still cold. im done

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #2222 on: March 01, 2023, 02:51:30 PM »
im so over microwaves. no matter which i use whatever instructions are on what i am preparing NEVER works. ill even add time and its still cold. im done

Get a Ninja air fryer and play around with it until you dial in on how to use it perfectly.  Sure what was said to be 2 minutes in microwave may now take 5 minutes but it'll be cooked through and crispy.  Different settings on it so you can air fry, bake, reheat, dehydrate, etc.  I love the damn thing

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2223 on: March 01, 2023, 03:13:27 PM »
When people react to food by saying "yuuuumm"

Get the fuck outa here with that

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #2224 on: March 01, 2023, 03:19:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get a Ninja air fryer and play around with it until you dial in on how to use it perfectly.  Sure what was said to be 2 minutes in microwave may now take 5 minutes but it'll be cooked through and crispy.  Different settings on it so you can air fry, bake, reheat, dehydrate, etc.  I love the damn thing

i just used my tickets from dave and busters to get one.  this is what i wanted to hear

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2225 on: March 01, 2023, 05:05:01 PM »
physically abusive parents
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

JoseCansnake0

• Rep: -33
« Reply #2226 on: March 01, 2023, 05:25:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i just used my tickets from dave and busters to get one.  this is what i wanted to hear

Hot take, air fryers leave a weird metallic tang on food. Maybe mine was bunk, i don't know.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #2227 on: March 02, 2023, 11:55:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hot take, air fryers leave a weird metallic tang on food. Maybe mine was bunk, i don't know.
I know the nonstick coating releases chemicals that are bad for birds and some other animals. The cheap one I got from Sam’s Club has no issues, and I airfry tofu, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, or asparagus on a daily basis in the 370-400 F range.

It’s the shit for reheating pizza and any leftovers. At least for pizza and potato-based food, it feels soggy in the microwave. My toaster oven makes the bottom too hard, while the top is semi-cold.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #2228 on: March 02, 2023, 08:04:26 PM »
Tiny houses.
People with no waiting room etiquette.
When there's a que and people walk up to the side and try to make a new line "oh no I'm not pushing in I'm waiting for this teller" yes so is everyone else who's already been standing in line

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2229 on: March 04, 2023, 10:38:43 AM »
Tiny houses.
When there's a que and people walk up to the side and try to make a new line "oh no I'm not pushing in I'm waiting for this teller" yes so is everyone else who's already been standing in line

Lines are easily some of my most hate inducing situations. How about when there's 3 cashiers but no organized line system so you try to stand in a position so which ever one opens first, you should get that one. But no, shit turns to chaos and suddenly someone who just walked up jumps into that shit ignoring the whole crowd behind

Also does anyone else live in an apartment where the buzzer system only works maybe 1 out of 4 times? Wtf is so hard about a buzzer to work right when I am pressing the right number on my phone every time

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #2230 on: March 04, 2023, 11:05:59 AM »
Tiny houses.

Worst thing about tiny houses is the way boomers talk about them. Like their first house was a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a garage and backyard in the city and they think we should just be happy and thankful to live in a glorified 1 bedroom apartment that cost just as much as their first real house
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2231 on: March 05, 2023, 12:50:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Tiny houses.
[close]

Worst thing about tiny houses is the way boomers talk about them. Like their first house was a 3 bedroom 2 bath with a garage and backyard in the city and they think we should just be happy and thankful to live in a glorified 1 bedroom apartment that cost just as much as their first real house
That's def a contributing factor. It being turned into a novelty is maybe my main peeve about it tho. All the shows about it where the houses aren't based on any kind of practical use and usually just bought by people who could easily afford very nice large houses and usually have a decent amount of land anyway.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #2232 on: March 07, 2023, 04:53:26 AM »
I hate when people use high beams or tailgate, and some asshole in a Jeep did both yesterday around 6, during sunset. Even after stoplights, I’d accelerate to get further away, and this person would still tailgate. Instead of getting pissed, I drove 7 miles below the speed limit just to fuck with that person.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #2233 on: March 07, 2023, 05:54:04 AM »
My darkest thoughts occur when I'm in a grocery store full of extraordinarily slow people who have zero spatial awareness whatsoever. God forbid you say something egregious like "excuse me" and watch them process that information in slow motion and stare at you like you just kicked their dog.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2234 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:05 AM »
I live in a 7 story building so when the elevator stops 6 fucking times before getting to my floor I lose my mind

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #2235 on: March 08, 2023, 06:00:31 AM »
corollary, people who use the elevator for a single floor (talking like your average perfectly fit person here, grandma is fine)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #2236 on: March 08, 2023, 07:02:48 AM »
My darkest thoughts occur when I'm in a grocery store full of extraordinarily slow people who have zero spatial awareness whatsoever.
I believe that abiding by skate code makes us pre-disposed to mind our surroundings and be more thoughtful than people who never got a good checking/vibe at the spot/park. 

I am the change I want to see in the grocery store. If someone walks near merchandise i'm near, I'll leave the area code. It's called 'integrity'

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2237 on: March 08, 2023, 07:21:01 AM »
Expand Quote
My darkest thoughts occur when I'm in a grocery store full of extraordinarily slow people who have zero spatial awareness whatsoever.
[close]
I believe that abiding by skate code makes us pre-disposed to mind our surroundings and be more thoughtful than people who never got a good checking/vibe at the spot/park. 

I am the change I want to see in the grocery store. If someone walks near merchandise i'm near, I'll leave the area code. It's called 'integrity'

Could probably start a whole thread just for grocery related pet peeves. One good store I like is next to a rugby field and shares a building with a gym and it just gets flooded with human cows

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #2238 on: March 08, 2023, 07:33:43 AM »
I hate when people use high beams or tailgate, and some asshole in a Jeep did both yesterday around 6, during sunset. Even after stoplights, I’d accelerate to get further away, and this person would still tailgate. Instead of getting pissed, I drove 7 miles below the speed limit just to fuck with that person.

If you don’t care about your own time and safety you can brake check the fuck outta the tailgaters
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #2239 on: March 08, 2023, 09:54:11 AM »
drive thrum’s that have to points of entry .. shit makes me so mad
It’s horrible when you get in the wrong line and a family of 10 is a few cars ahead of you. Theyre ordering 30 things, taking forever while the other line is flying. 3 cars who got there after you have already gotten their food and left already. I hate that

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2240 on: May 08, 2023, 02:48:34 PM »
hate being asked to run errands after work all i want to do is isolate and sleep

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2241 on: May 08, 2023, 05:53:25 PM »
My darkest thoughts occur when I'm in a grocery store full of extraordinarily slow people who have zero spatial awareness whatsoever. God forbid you say something egregious like "excuse me" and watch them process that information in slow motion and stare at you like you just kicked their dog.

The best is when they are holding up the line asking the cashier a bunch of questions or arguing with them.  They look to you for support and you get the pleasure of telling them the truth.....

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2242 on: May 08, 2023, 10:04:24 PM »
Fucking hate dusting.  Especially when you're getting ready to move and you're suddenly realizing all the spots you neglected for 2 years

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #2243 on: May 09, 2023, 05:28:24 AM »
When you take a shit and it's too much for one flush, man, sitting there waiting for the tank to refill feels like a fucking eternity.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2244 on: May 24, 2023, 07:11:42 AM »
working from home I'll get an IM from someone saying "hey do you have a minute for a quick question about ______"  I send an immediate reply back saying sure and then it's just 15+ fucking minutes of silence before they actually call. Set up a god damn meeting you bastard

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #2245 on: June 03, 2023, 11:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The best is when they are holding up the line asking the cashier a bunch of questions or arguing with them.  They look to you for support and you get the pleasure of telling them the truth.....
Oh goddamn the look of satisfaction when telling said person they’re a dick, I am not in to bullying anyone but the one’s that deserves it from Karen’s to douche bag Chads.

Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #2246 on: June 03, 2023, 11:48:04 AM »
Moved in to 4 plex and 1st night here domestic abuse situation.  Day after I said nothing nor will I ever.  If I were to I’d want to hear a deep apology for keeping us up all night. Also cigarette butts on my stoop I don’t pay money for rent just for some lazy fuck to not use an ashtray.
Dueces Bitch's

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -444
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2247 on: June 23, 2023, 02:21:14 PM »
When you smoke weed before watching a movie / tv with somebody and they’re sober and have the volume up super high while you’re on the verge of flinching at every explosion

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #2248 on: July 12, 2023, 12:55:03 PM »
Just realized that I don't like watching people skate vert without pads on.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #2249 on: July 12, 2023, 05:03:06 PM »
Just realized that I don't like watching people skate vert without pads on.

Yeah, it’s kinda like watching somebody skate barefoot where they’re just extra carefuling it the whole time.