Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 285700 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #2160 on: December 08, 2021, 04:18:44 PM »
dumb white christian republicans .. they suck
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #2161 on: December 08, 2021, 04:37:34 PM »
ban anyone who prematurely starts a thread for a video part and then does not subsquently edit their original post to include the video part

MorningSesh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #2162 on: December 08, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
Whenever I'm about to go skate and my parents say something along the lines of "be careful!" or "don't break anything"...

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2163 on: December 08, 2021, 05:13:45 PM »
Speakerphone. I hate everything about it.
what about solo speakerphone? I hate speakerphone but love it if I'm by myself working on the computer or just relaxing on the couch.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #2164 on: December 08, 2021, 05:29:25 PM »
Not a big one but I get a little twinge everytime I hear someone say they saw a movie "in theatres". It should be I saw the movie "in the theatre" or at least "in theatre".

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2165 on: December 08, 2021, 05:34:06 PM »
Whenever I'm about to go skate and my parents say something along the lines of "be careful!" or "don't break anything"...
be more grateful that your parents care

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2166 on: December 19, 2021, 04:58:47 PM »
I agree fully with this

I typically tell people that i cant hear or that its hard to hear them when on speaker and it usually works

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #2167 on: January 10, 2022, 09:14:00 AM »
Thrift store chains (Value Village, Sally Ann, etc.) keeping their change rooms closed, while the expensive big box and mall stores have theirs open, is some backwards classist bullshit.  Basically forcing those who need cheap clothes to buy a bunch of donated then overpriced shit, that might not even fit, and then can only be exchanged for store credit, not even their money back.

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #2168 on: January 11, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »
Zoom meetings where small groups (5-10) will just stay on mute through even basic pleasantries.  I am absolutely the only one who responds when the standard "how's everyone's day going?" gets asked.  I aint trying to kiss ass but my god the silence is unbearable.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
« Reply #2169 on: January 11, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »
Zoom meetings where small groups (5-10) will just stay on mute through even basic pleasantries.  I am absolutely the only one who responds when the standard "how's everyone's day going?" gets asked.  I aint trying to kiss ass but my god the silence is unbearable.

Building off of this – Zoom meetings that could've been an email.

I've been in two meetings TODAY that were an absolute waste of everyone's time – it was just for the meeting host to talk.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:18:07 PM by TastyBurrito »

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #2170 on: January 11, 2022, 01:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Building off of this – Zoom meetings that could've been an email.

I've been in two meetings that were an absolute waste of everyone's time – it was just for the meeting host to talk.

Adding to this but in a slightly different tack. Zoom meetings where people at the end add random ish on because they want to chat...in our last meeting our manager opened "the floor" to people so they could "give thanks"...so people were "thanking" everyone under the sun just to join in including our payroll staff and office cleaners...even though our offices are basically shut down and our expenses are late at the best of times, people miss the proverbial water cooler chat - that's fine but don't leech onto a progess meeting to do so.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #2171 on: January 12, 2022, 05:36:41 AM »
Inconsiderate people, whiners, and attention seekers. Some people are all three and they can really eat a dong.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #2172 on: January 12, 2022, 06:09:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the fact that you can say this but you'll get banned if you said 'jewish entitlement' or 'brown muslims'. is that not crazy to other people?
Yes, dumb white Christians are such a marginalized group in our society, they really just can't catch a break.  Fuck off, dipshit.

Get hungry on it!

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2173 on: January 12, 2022, 09:25:09 AM »
Loud-ass birds outside my window in the morning

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2174 on: January 13, 2022, 05:43:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
the fact that you can say this but you'll get banned if you said 'jewish entitlement' or 'brown muslims'. is that not crazy to other people?
[close]
Yes, dumb white Christians are such a marginalized group in our society, they really just can't catch a break.  Fuck off, dipshit.

This kind of banter on both sides., So bad faith from both sides.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2175 on: January 13, 2022, 05:57:18 AM »
When people have a kid and then tell other people they are selfish/ don't known how selfish they are until they have a kid. Dickhead you're still a selfish prick, in fact you're more selfish now because there's two of you. Society doesn't benefit from your offspring.
I genuinely don't think someone can really be a good person and a good parent at the same time.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2176 on: January 13, 2022, 06:44:42 AM »
Expand Quote
When people have a kid and then tell other people they are selfish/ don't known how selfish they are until they have a kid. Dickhead you're still a selfish prick, in fact you're more selfish now because there's two of you. Society doesn't benefit from your offspring.
I genuinely don't think someone can really be a good person and a good parent at the same time.
[close]
society is contingent upon people havin kids so yeah, it kinda does benefit from that. a lot of us think it's cool to be peter pan and buy a bunch of sneakers instead of raising families but it's not a path to happiness. or continued existence. i'm not in love w/ other people's kids either but if you don't procreate, you're blowing it.
This is coming up a lot lately but people don't only have to exist at either end of the spectrum. You can not have kids but also not be Peter Pan sneaker guy and you can also have kids and still try and be a generally decent person.
My peeve is specifically about shitty selfish people who then have kids and continue to be shitty selfish people but now believe they aren't because they have a kid.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #2177 on: January 13, 2022, 07:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

If you feel that there's some value to be gained from a spirited debate with a troll, be my guest. 

Get hungry on it!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2178 on: January 13, 2022, 09:33:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
If you feel that there's some value to be gained from a spirited debate with a troll, be my guest.

I'd rather drink bleach.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2179 on: January 13, 2022, 12:26:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'd rather drink bleach.
Hahahahahaha I back this.
Dueces Bitch's

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #2180 on: January 13, 2022, 06:24:43 PM »
I hate how I have to buckle my belt super tight for my pants to stay up and then unbuckle it to sit down comfortably.  All day long, buckle, unbuckle, repeat.  I don’t even buy my pants too big or anything, I’m just shaped weird and a little diva who’s never comfortable.
You have a Hank Hill butt.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #2181 on: January 14, 2022, 09:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I agree fully with this

I typically tell people that i cant hear or that its hard to hear them when on speaker and it usually works

i hate when someone doesn't tell you that you're on speaker phone then you hear someone else in the bg. that shit is rude, i don't care if im saying something that is personal or not i just don't need everyone listening in on a call

gets especially annoying with friends and their significant others lol

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2182 on: January 14, 2022, 12:45:00 PM »
When I'm working in Google Slides and it skips to different slides as I'm editing. Thus making me lose my place and train of thought.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #2183 on: January 15, 2022, 06:50:10 AM »
I’m in the basement on the other side of the house, and my partner has the tv cranked so I can hear it. The program is not in a language either of us speak, so it’s subtitled.

BlueCadet3

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2184 on: January 16, 2022, 06:57:30 AM »
When people say "they could care less" to express that they don't care, it's could not/couldn't. If you could care less that means you do care.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #2185 on: January 26, 2022, 07:15:45 AM »
About to pick on my wife, but she works from home and these things are driving me bonkers:
-I come home and every light and TV is on in the house, yet she's on the couch with her phone
 (Basement lights and laundry room lights included)
-Leaves exhaust fan on in bathroom for hours after shower
-When she does laundry she just tosses everything in together (such as white towels with my black work shirts)
 (I do towels, colors and whites separately!)
-also laundry, turns the washer on longest setting and dryer on the longest settings
-oil diffusers throughout my house, but no one turns them off so when I turn off lights, I have to walk back into rooms and turn all these bad boys off too.

minus these things, everything is great. I've been fixating on this crap lately (I need to get out of the house)

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #2186 on: January 26, 2022, 07:23:15 AM »
the free smells signs at jimmy johns

disgusting

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2187 on: January 26, 2022, 09:10:00 AM »
Lol ^

Stickers that come on products that don't come off smoothly. Marshalls is the worst offender, although I'm only effected because my wife brings home kitchen shit all the time and I'm the one who has to get the damn stickers off. I'm flying through goo gone all because removable stickers somehow can't exist.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2188 on: January 26, 2022, 09:32:30 AM »
People that don't pick up after their dogs.

Saw someone leave their dog's shit. Called em out on it. They said they ran out of bags. I handed them one and saw them pretend to get ready to pick it up and walk off.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2189 on: January 26, 2022, 03:05:43 PM »
When you're in a line at the shops and they open another register and say who's next and some dickhead from the end of the line rushes over.
The supermarket always have these deal things going on where you get points when you spend money, then you can get like Tupperware, frying pans or knives or something. Guaranteed at least half the time the points don't work. The other half they don't even have the stuff to get.