Author Topic: Paradox Grip  (Read 42073 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Paradox Grip
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
Oh, and on another unrelated note, doesn't anyone else take an offcut of grip to rub down their gripjob before they skate it? Personally I like to take it down a notch so I get the same flick when I move from an old board to a new one, also it's less rough on the shoes that way
I do it on the edges, if you don't, it peels up. Everybody complaining about grip peeling up are most likely not doing this.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »
so mr. paradox himself came through here on friday, bringing with him several sheets of grip for us. having followed the thread a little bit i was obviously a little skeptical, but what could it hurt to get some free grip and a weird demonstration on magical griptape? figured it would be entertainment if nothing else. short version is this- either he was using intense mind control on me or the grip tape really does have some kind of mental and/or physical effects.
he did a few demonstrations in our office using me as the subject, and let me say i had/have no stake in this whatsoever and had never met the guy or anything before, and it was pretty baffling. i ended up letting them film him doing the demonstrations on me because i was so tripped out by it. if they post the footage of me anywhere i think it was pretty obvious i was a little confused by it, which might be entertaining on it's own. my balance and flexibility were both obviously improved when i was standing on the tape or holding it. he did these balance tests where i would stand on one foot with my arms out to the side- when i was just on the carpet he could tip me over fairly easily, but standing on the tape it took a whole lot more pressure to move me. there was another one where i'd stand and twist at my waist trying to rotate my arms around as far as they'd go. they'd mark where i got to and then i'd do it again holding the tape and i could twist a good 9 inches further. there were a few more demos along these lines...
i'm still fairly tripped out by out. i'm a skeptical person on this kind of thing, and i don't know about all the proposed metaphysics and crystals and harmonics, but i do think it actually has some positive physical effects. i'm yet to set up a board with the tape, but i will soon and see what's what.
hey ari, i hate having logos on my grip- if i cut out the logo will the magic leak out?

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2009, 01:46:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Grim.. Have you.tried out the condoms yet?
[close]
You honestly want to know that?
maybe they have the magic balance things to make previously difficult acrobatic positions now possible

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2217
  • computer says no
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2009, 01:51:49 PM »
Mark- pretty sure it's a combination of sales tactics and a placebo effect. I have two sheets of it and I'm still a clumsy fuck.

sal23

« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
so mr. paradox himself came through here on friday, bringing with him several sheets of grip for us. having followed the thread a little bit i was obviously a little skeptical, but what could it hurt to get some free grip and a weird demonstration on magical griptape? figured it would be entertainment if nothing else. short version is this- either he was using intense mind control on me or the grip tape really does have some kind of mental and/or physical effects.
he did a few demonstrations in our office using me as the subject, and let me say i had/have no stake in this whatsoever and had never met the guy or anything before, and it was pretty baffling. i ended up letting them film him doing the demonstrations on me because i was so tripped out by it. if they post the footage of me anywhere i think it was pretty obvious i was a little confused by it, which might be entertaining on it's own. my balance and flexibility were both obviously improved when i was standing on the tape or holding it. he did these balance tests where i would stand on one foot with my arms out to the side- when i was just on the carpet he could tip me over fairly easily, but standing on the tape it took a whole lot more pressure to move me. there was another one where i'd stand and twist at my waist trying to rotate my arms around as far as they'd go. they'd mark where i got to and then i'd do it again holding the tape and i could twist a good 9 inches further. there were a few more demos along these lines...
i'm still fairly tripped out by out. i'm a skeptical person on this kind of thing, and i don't know about all the proposed metaphysics and crystals and harmonics, but i do think it actually has some positive physical effects. i'm yet to set up a board with the tape, but i will soon and see what's what.
hey ari, i hate having logos on my grip- if i cut out the logo will the magic leak out?

I acturally got 2 sheets in the mail a week or so ago. and cut the logo off myself.
And honestly. I cant say its the worst grip I've ever had. I found it kinda funny that when I removed the paper, there was a holographic disc every 6inchs or so in the middle of the grip.
But I cant notice any life changing balance.
I did however relearn switch bigflips.. But that might be because the board I put it on is a 7.7 and I generally ride an 8

FigsyLeBon

• Rep: -10
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
well whiteley, maybe he tried less hard when you were standing on the grip, I was joking about the whole tom cruise thing earlier, but fuck me, this thing is like a ciult, DON'T DO IT WHITELEY, STAY AWAY!
Quote from: My penis is on my forehead
damn fam.... yall dont want it with Kalis

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »
Mark- pretty sure it's a combination of sales tactics and a placebo effect. I have two sheets of it and I'm still a clumsy fuck.

that's the logical portion of my brain's response as well, and i don't put it past the short-reaching and all-thumbs portion of my brain to be taken by placebo effects and marketing tactics... i don't know... tough one to get a firm stance on even after seeing it firsthand. i was definitely tripped out by the show, but maybe i'm the guy buying the cure-all elixir down on the corner on this one, too. i'm just looking at it as entertainment really. i should just set up a board already and see if i turn into luke skywalker...

Doctor Newton

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
Give us a report on how it skates whitely.  I hear it has Karl Watson skating handrails again.

I was going to come around and let him mail me a sheet.  I never replied to his PM about it because I was iffy.  Then I read about him sending people condoms with the grip and I'm iffy again.

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2009, 02:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Oh, and on another unrelated note, doesn't anyone else take an offcut of grip to rub down their gripjob before they skate it? Personally I like to take it down a notch so I get the same flick when I move from an old board to a new one, also it's less rough on the shoes that way
[close]
I do it on the edges, if you don't, it peels up. Everybody complaining about grip peeling up are most likely not doing this.

I run the edge of a screwdriver around the edge, then do the top with an offcut of grip, no kind of grip's ever peeled up on me

My name is Ari Penis-Gold and my penis is also in my mouth.

• Rep: -3658
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »
video out soon!!  we do a promo with Bravo Condoms because they have made a better condom and re-invented a seemingly simple product and made it better. Kinda like Paradox...Tk be liken it...look at his grin..he couldn't wait to set up a new board

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »

I've seen the footage of ARi Gold doing what you're talking about to some other guy.  

It all sounds very similar to something my wife had experienced.  She went to see some alternative medicine/practitioners free workshop and there was something about putting your thumb and index finger together and him trying to separate them (fairly easy).  Then practitioner did the same exercise except gave her some kind of rock or mineral to hold in her other hand.  It made a huge difference.

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »
Mark....no it won't "leak out"....some people just black out the logo....but, yeah---its in there with or without the logo. And thanks for the honest report...video out soon

we'll have a blacked out, hesh series in july, with a black screen as well as some other surprises..

much love to all you haterz....

you know Paradox got love for you....

Doctor Newton

« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »
So if I ever replied to your PM to get a sheet of grip to try for myself, is there a 100% chance I have to receive condoms too?  I don't know if I want to try crazy technology condoms.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
watch out for the condoms, the magic comes from them poking a pin sized hole in the condom, thus creating a baby, in turn making magic happen...shits crazy
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »
It's a fucking Chinese technique of gentle pressure during the in office 'demonstration' in crucial places, he's just exploiting the'GM' steeze.
He didn't do the 'test' on a gripped board now did he? It was on the floor no?
I could perform the exact same 'test' in a few minutes myself.
There, I typed it.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »
well, this thread worked I really want some now.  But I will say that I have no idea what griptape I have now and never knew there was any difference in any.

skatefilmer202

• Rep: -9
  • ya
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »
i gotta be honest im scared to try this grip because i think my brain will have some crazy side effects or some shit by standing on it. like ill get a really bad headache or something. anyway paradox if you wanna send me a sheet of grip, ill gladly try it  ;)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2009, 06:47:17 PM »
well, this thread worked I really want some now.  But I will say that I have no idea what griptape I have now and never knew there was any difference in any.
mob has holes. sometimes it comes in colors or even clear.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
or with naked babes.

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »
I seriously fear for the future, has the world gone completely mad? Why doesn't anyone understand that this is GRIP TAPE we're talking about? Magic fucking grip tape? Come on, I thought people on here were getting the picture at first, y'know, that there's no such thing as magic and all the pseudo-scientific bullshit surrounding this stuff sounds just like some new-age Scientology mumbo-jumbo. I've used the word magic because as Dualmonitorstrokers clearly pointed out, there is no basis in reality for any of the claims this stuff claims to do, so why are people so keen to try it? I guess that's advertising for you. There is a dangerous level of stupidity operating here, if I happen to throw on a sheet of paradox and totally kill a handrail today, does that mean paradox works? Or am I just progressing as a skateboarder? I wonder. Get it together lads, there's no such thing as Santa Claus either.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2009, 11:52:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
or with naked babes.
naked chicks too. Think anybody has ever filed their willy away trying to hump their griptape?

« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 01:26:42 AM »
mexican spaniard....It is no trick..it works every time..I am tired of trying to explain it and screw it...magic it is. White Magic..to help skateboarders be better in all ways.

Skatefimer...pm me your address and skate for yourself

Dualstrokers...will send out some grip and formulas manana and very excited about seeing the results of these pictures.

condoms:...thought it was cool to promote sex, but in a positive way..protection...dgk gives free candy with their orders...if you don't want extras give them to somebody..it feels good to give

doctor newman....pm me and i'll send you some grip sans rubbers.

In regards to formulas and their history within Alchemy, Oriental Medicine and Chan Buddism:

Master Greg Yao will do some explaining about our new Shaolin Iron Shirt formua and other encoded formulas in new our video jus filmed in SF.
His uncle is Grandmaster Chris Chan...Bruce Lee's Wing Chun Sifu, as well as one of Master G's . in case someone claims this information is contrived or not authentic and from the source.

Why introduce this technology, "magic" in the lowliest product?

Everyone buys grip or buys it through the purchase of another product, like a deck. Soon you will see similar products along these same lines of increasing your balance, flexibility and endurance. Paradox has 5 other formulas just sitting in our safety deposit box, we will release our formula along with the PowerBalance performance technology (their words, not mine) in the future.

Peep Jake Brown on Paradox Grip in the new Blind Video and all summer on the contest circuit...

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 01:45:59 AM »
Who's Dr. Newman?    ???

there's too many doctors here to keep track of.
do more yoga!

FigsyLeBon

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 03:27:02 AM »
mexican spaniard....It is no trick..it works every time..I am tired of trying to explain it and screw it...magic it is. White Magic..to help skateboarders be better in all ways.

Skatefimer...pm me your address and skate for yourself

Dualstrokers...will send out some grip and formulas manana and very excited about seeing the results of these pictures.

condoms:...thought it was cool to promote sex, but in a positive way..protection...dgk gives free candy with their orders...if you don't want extras give them to somebody..it feels good to give

doctor newman....pm me and i'll send you some grip sans rubbers.

In regards to formulas and their history within Alchemy, Oriental Medicine and Chan Buddism:

Master Greg Yao will do some explaining about our new Shaolin Iron Shirt formua and other encoded formulas in new our video jus filmed in SF.
His uncle is Grandmaster Chris Chan...Bruce Lee's Wing Chun Sifu, as well as one of Master G's . in case someone claims this information is contrived or not authentic and from the source.

Why introduce this technology, "magic" in the lowliest product?

Everyone buys grip or buys it through the purchase of another product, like a deck. Soon you will see similar products along these same lines of increasing your balance, flexibility and endurance. Paradox has 5 other formulas just sitting in our safety deposit box, we will release our formula along with the PowerBalance performance technology (their words, not mine) in the future.

Peep Jake Brown on Paradox Grip in the new Blind Video and all summer on the contest circuit...

Why not put your magic into something you could actually make money from? since nobody really cares what grip they use? Paradox shoes, trucks, decks and wheels in 2010? Rad brah

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:21 AM »
do you ship free grip internationally? cause if you don't you suck, simple as that...

beeda weeda

« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »
I like to put griptape on the foot rests of my ride on mower, will this griptape improve my grass cutting?

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
do you ship free grip internationally? cause if you don't you suck, simple as that...

Doctor Newton

« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2009, 09:05:13 AM »
Chris Chan

WTF!!!  Paradox backs Chris Chan!

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Chris-chan

Read this page ^^^  On the sex scandals section there are slutload links to him drinking his own cum mixed with Fanta if you're fuckin weird and want to watch it.

Chris Chan making out with his love doll:

Chris hulks out over the ED page about him.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:11 AM »

this can't be real so i'm just going to assume that you have a good sense of humour.