Author Topic: world's worst beers  (Read 10326 times)

Yonnycage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -106
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: world's worst beers
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2022, 03:12:06 PM »
Where my malt liquor boys at? Steel Reserve, Natty Daddy and Earthquake are my top 3 cans of rusty sewage seltzer to get fucked up on when you’re reduced to pocket change. Pour em into a glass and chug em down if you wanna get drunk in 5 minutes, make sure to eat some taco bell too if you want the full bubble gut experience in the morning.

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2022, 08:20:53 AM »
Where my malt liquor boys at? Steel Reserve, Natty Daddy and Earthquake are my top 3 cans of rusty sewage seltzer to get fucked up on when you’re reduced to pocket change. Pour em into a glass and chug em down if you wanna get drunk in 5 minutes, make sure to eat some taco bell too if you want the full bubble gut experience in the morning.

Oh man lol..Steel Reserve brings back memories. One of my best friends and I at the time used to get 2 forty’s of Steel each and get hammered at his house every weekend. Shit is so raw but man does it fuck you up.

Good times.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2022, 09:26:24 AM »
Carling is pretty horrific... if you've ever come to the UK and drank it by accident/ignorance, I apologise.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2022, 01:31:41 PM »
I don't drink anymore but had many nights wandering the tracks with steelies and blizz. Its doable cold, but like miller lowlife, once its even mildly warm, it tastes like puke.

I see empty cans of flavored steel reserve now. Y'all drink that shit?
Support your local skate shop

Skibb

• Rep: 71
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2022, 02:03:05 PM »
Carling is pretty horrific... if you've ever come to the UK and drank it by accident/ignorance, I apologise.

Dude, I fucking love Carling.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »
When i used to drink Worst was Crazy Horse 40's. That along with King Cobra and Coqui 900. Some of the worst beers i ever consumed.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2022, 02:51:49 PM »
beer is like skating pizza or sex
EVEN IF ITS BAD ITS GOOD
N, and I can't stress this enough,
O

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #187 on: September 09, 2022, 06:26:24 AM »
Last time I went to New Orleans I was absolutely shocked at how bad the local beers were

For a town that loves drinking so much you would expect them to have some decent breweries

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #188 on: September 09, 2022, 08:18:49 AM »
I know its probably sacrilegious to say this since its sorta been the unofficial beer of skateboarding for years, but I still think PBR is objectively bad beer. Unless you are only trying to get fucking hammered on the cheap, I never understood the appeal. For a few more bucks, you can get some decent craft lagers or pilsners (in case you don't have the palette for other varieties).

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #189 on: September 09, 2022, 11:51:52 AM »
I think the appeal of PBR is just that it’s cheap and the can looks cool

And it’s not quite as bad as some other similarly cheap beers

But anyone who tries to say it’s actually good is fried

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2022, 12:22:18 PM »

I went to college with a guy who would come to class every Monday and be like “drank fuckin 3 brass monkeys on Saturday, blacked out again” like he was somehow surprised week after week of doing that every Saturday

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »
They used to make a blackberry Steele Reserve. It actually smelled really good like a framboise or something, but as you can imagine, tasted horrid.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2022, 02:15:57 PM »
My grandpa used to drink this shit called Altes. It was a small Detroit based brewery back in the day. Looks like it's a miller high life knockoff. They went out of business but someone recently bought the namesake and started brewing again. A couple years ago my brother bought a case and we all toasted to Opa and took a swig. Everyone's face around the circle was like "ugh! wtf is this shit?" I can honestly say it's the worst beer I've ever had... and I've had some pretty horrible beers over the years.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2022, 03:17:12 PM »
Pabst is still clinging to it's dubious claim of being declared "America's best" 130 years ago. They don't fool me.

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #194 on: September 09, 2022, 03:18:48 PM »
Pabst is still clinging to it's dubious claim of being declared "America's best" 130 years ago. They don't fool me.

Not even close to the worst though

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2022, 03:31:06 PM »
Last time I went to New Orleans I was absolutely shocked at how bad the local beers were

For a town that loves drinking so much you would expect them to have some decent breweries
NOLA and it's outlying areas do house some very well regarded breweries. I've never had anything from this particular brewery, but I'd certainly give them a go:

https://gnarlybeer.com/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 03:37:55 PM by therealnod »

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2022, 05:44:32 PM »
sierra nevada still remains the only beer I couldn't finish

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2022, 06:40:01 PM »
Sierra Nevada isn't a beer. It's a brewery that's made hundreds of beers. Could you be more specific?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2022, 06:45:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I just read Jeppson’s Malort Wiki page and I have to say I am pretty excited to try it next time I am in Chicago.

How about Jagermeister? How does it compare to that? I have actually never tried Jagermeister or other sweet shots like fireball because I was just always used to drinking hard alcohol straight. Except gin. Puking off screwdrivers at 16 has ruined me for gin for life.
[close]

jaeger makes you trip out, i'm not even kidding. the og herb mix for it was said to contain hallucinogens.

it basically tastes like licorice with herbs. really a love it or hate it thing. some people do jaeger shots all night, some can't even down one.

In Las Vegas and I ordered some Jaeger for the culture. It tastes pretty good and mostly like black licorice. I don’t pick up any cough syrup. Either way, not bad but I’ll never drink it again.

sacking rails

• Rep: -223
  • sacking rails
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2022, 10:47:36 AM »
if i cant get drunk i dont wanna be alive

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2022, 03:03:29 AM »

Not gonna lie, a cold-ass Mickey's is pretty damn nice from time to time. Haven't had one since like '13 though, apparently they come in plastic 40's now.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2022, 07:05:36 AM »
This stuff is crazy popular in my redneck of the woods, its like apple juice that's gone bad, only with more sugar.

if i cant get drunk i dont wanna be alive

nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2022, 07:38:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just read Jeppson’s Malort Wiki page and I have to say I am pretty excited to try it next time I am in Chicago.

How about Jagermeister? How does it compare to that? I have actually never tried Jagermeister or other sweet shots like fireball because I was just always used to drinking hard alcohol straight. Except gin. Puking off screwdrivers at 16 has ruined me for gin for life.
[close]

jaeger makes you trip out, i'm not even kidding. the og herb mix for it was said to contain hallucinogens.

it basically tastes like licorice with herbs. really a love it or hate it thing. some people do jaeger shots all night, some can't even down one.
[close]

In Las Vegas and I ordered some Jaeger for the culture. It tastes pretty good and mostly like black licorice. I don’t pick up any cough syrup. Either way, not bad but I’ll never drink it again.

i meant not that it tastes like cough syrup, but we use it like that(or use a cold as an excuse to drink jaeger shots). also i think the german version of nyquil(vick's is spelled wick's here and the product is called medinait)is different to nyquil, it's like a herbal(mostly eukalyptus/camphor/mint) cough syrup and actually has some jaeger qualities to it. i guess because jaeger has so many intense herbs, people just thought it must be good, cause herbs=healthy.

but yeah, way to go, hope you could stomach that stuff. if i have it it has to be straight out the freezer.

sacking rails

• Rep: -223
  • sacking rails
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2022, 08:39:55 AM »
no codeine zone

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2022, 02:35:14 AM »
I bought a bottle of Jaeger after reading this and it was still as good as I remembered.

Straight or mixed, both delicious.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2006
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2022, 05:54:24 PM »
I bought a bottle of Jaeger after reading this and it was still as good as I remembered.

What's a good mixer for Jaeger? I've only done them neat or with Red Bull and I know an energy drink is going to keep me up for 2 nights straight.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2022, 12:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's a good mixer for Jaeger? I've only done them neat or with Red Bull and I know an energy drink is going to keep me up for 2 nights straight.
bubbly water or ginger ale for me. it’s been a while though.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2022, 12:59:04 AM »
I had it with some Coca cola, and then some Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

Red Bull is disgusting by itself, fuck mixing it with Jaeger. Though I'm sure mixing it with cola is probably sacrilege also.

I like it just on ice though.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2022, 11:20:04 AM »

I used to drink this stuff all the time until Vlad fucked it all up for me and the LCBCO  dropped it.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2022, 12:53:35 PM »
Bud and PBR are the worst. They are not beer, just pure piss.

As for malt liquor, Midnight Dragon will  fuck you up but it’s the fucking worst.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"